rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Flaking = a hidden form of attention seeking.

Hi everyone. My first post. I would like to share a thought - basically - that flaking is an intentional behavior and a hidden form of attention seeking. Girls give her number to guys and even spend some time with them , often just to experience that feeling that she is desirable. That guys want her. One girl a couple weeks ago said to me : "A women is alive till she is desirable not only by her boyfriend or husband, but also by other man ." Sounds sick - right ? But that's how they are and think. Couple weeks ago i was in one of best clubs in my city. I spent some time, talking and dancing with one girl ,get a number from her, she went home, and party became to the end- it was about 6:00 in the morning. But its not over till its over. So - i looked around and there was a girl -like 6-6,5 ,standing and looking in her phone. I started a conversation and soon we walked to an other place where party was still going on. I started to dance with her , soon started to kiss and she seems like in it - you know. But my subconscious mind told me that there is something fake. So after a couple songs i decided to move further and said like : "Let's go to walk". I grabbed her hand and moved towards exit. She said - she needs to go to the bathroom. I was like- "ok". Of course i did not wait for her but looked around,and at my phone - a missed call from one of my plates. After about 10 minutes i met that girl again near the exit and she said - she is going home. What was wrong? Nothing. It is very simple: she was before in one of the best clubs where goes a lot of girls with much better looks than hers, and she did not received at that night all the attention she wanted. So - at the end she decided to spent some time with me , just to fulfill this need. She just wanted to feel desirable. So, we should bear in mind, interacting with a girl , that , maybe she just seeks this feeling and nothing more. I think - attention is the strongest, most pleasant drug for women.

When all you've got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Attention is to women what sex is to men ! Always been the case , ever more so in this era of PC " live your life by instagram crap ! "

Not bad for a first post.

I think you'll do alright. [Image: blush.gif]

Quote: (11-09-2016 10:17 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Not bad for a first post.

I think you'll do alright. [Image: blush.gif]

Better formatting would help.

But yeah, basic bitches gonna be basic.

Everybody loves their ego stroked, though. I don't think this is news to anybody. You're right, flaking is a fucking annoying way that some girls use to tickle their egos.

Personally I love it when girls compete for attention. It's part of the show.

Instead of flaking, I prefer a nice long, slimming Red Dress with a long split. With mad high heels.

Instead of constant social media posts, I prefer perfectly done hair, eyes and lips.

Instead of being bitches at nightclubs for the sake of ego, I prefer it when they dance really well and can show themselves off while I'm pulling sick vueltas during an Aventura track.

Instead of being drama queens, I prefer it when they watch their diets and hit the gym.

Instead of taking shortcuts for cheap boosts, I prefer it when they put some effort into improving things about themselves which ACTUALLY merit attention.

Flaking is what girls do when they don't want to see/talk to a man anymore that they are not attracted enough to, but do not want to deal with the confrontation of rejecting them.

OP was difficult to read.

Girls get quiet a bit of attention from different sources, in real life and online etc., so I think it might become difficult at times to juggle it all, so flaking is inevitable. They might lose track of who's who in the wave of attention that keep coming their way, meaning not knowing what to do with guy X (whom she recently met and who wants to go on a date), as opposed to guy Y (who's on his way to becoming an orbiter), when its actually guy Z (an aloof alpha) who's giving her the tingles.

Thanks for all reply's!
English is not my language-i try my best.

Quote: (11-10-2016 01:31 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Flaking is what girls do when they don't want to see/talk to a man anymore that they are not attracted enough to, but do not want to deal with the confrontation of rejecting them.

OP was difficult to read.

Yes-no doubt-this is one of situations when they do that. But in last couple years,i came to conclusion ,that the reason,that girls don't say it straight (that they don't want to see you any more) is because they want to extract as much attention as possible from each man.
They want to feel how much you need her, how much you want her, how many messages will you send to her. They want to keep you as an endless orbiter. They want to know-are you in love with her,are you thinking about her?
They entertain themselves it such way.
They know-if they will say it straight-possible orbiter in most cases will disappear.
For example-some plates,who you had fucked without any emotions. At the end they want to know-do you care about her or not. And if you show at this moment that you need her-it is like a small victory for her,against that "bigger" and "stronger" who just fucked her all this time ..

You're reading too much into it. Flaking is just a rejection. It's not some complicated meta-scheme women run to extract things from men. I'll tell you what is, though:

When a female refuses to meet up with you, but will chat with you endlessly. Women will string along men they want to extract attention from but are not interested in sexually for one reason or another. This may be along the lines of what you are talking about, but flaking isn't the right word. Flaking is just when you make arrangements with a female and she backs out, typically in a non-communicated manner (ignores you) or with lies/excuses. Flaking is blowing off plans.

A girl who will dance and flirt with you all night at the club but will not give you her number, or gives you a fake number. That is another example of a woman simply extracting entertainment out of you without being attracted enough to want to take the interaction further. Maybe she has a boyfriend and is just having fun. Maybe you aren't good looking enough for her to want to get sexual with. Etc.

Quote: (11-10-2016 11:41 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

You're reading too much into it. Flaking is just a rejection. It's not some complicated meta-scheme women run to extract things from men. I'll tell you what is, though:

When a female refuses to meet up with you, but will chat with you endlessly. Women will string along men they want to extract attention from but are not interested in sexually for one reason or another. This may be along the lines of what you are talking about, but flaking isn't the right word. Flaking is just when you make arrangements with a female and she backs out, typically in a non-communicated manner (ignores you) or with lies/excuses. Flaking is blowing off plans.

A girl who will dance and flirt with you all night at the club but will not give you her number, or gives you a fake number. That is another example of a woman simply extracting entertainment out of you without being attracted enough to want to take the interaction further. Maybe she has a boyfriend and is just having fun. Maybe you aren't good looking enough for her to want to get sexual with. Etc.

Thank you for correcting me!

Then this thread should be titled - “A link between flaking and attention seeking”

Here is an example of what I mean:

It is a Friday night and I am going out.
On the way to the closest club, I receive a text from one of my plates.
(i was always acting very cool and unemotional with her. Never said any complements to her , never said that i like her)

She: “Are you partying tonight?”

Me: “Yes. Do You want meet me?”

She: “Yes, of course”

Me: “Ok. I will be in bar x. Can you come there?”

She: “Ok. - i'll be there after 20 min”

Me: “ Deal. See You there! “

I went to that bar, grabbed a beer and waited for her. She didn't come.
No texts no calls.
So- at this point-can we call this “flaking” or not?

Here is par two:

After 1,5 hours I sent her a bit needy text:
” What's going on? I am still waiting for You. Are You coming or not?”
No answer.
I don't care about this girl, but this kind of behavior is very disrespectful. And she should be somehow punished for this.

So i wrote very straight and serious:
"Are You playing games with me or what? I don't accept such kind of behavior. I'll be here for 15 minutes more. You have a chance to come and apologize. Other way - you'll never ever hear a word from me again."

Immediately - there was a call from her. She ran to me and apologized 10 times.
40 min. later we had sex at my place.
I asked her later a straight question- "What did you wanted to achieve with such behavior-a drama,attention,did you wanted me to act needy or what?"

Her answer was like: "Yes, all of this"

Attaching flaking to attention whoring is a bit of a stretch and butthurt overanalysis.

Flaking is simply being overwhelmed by other stuff - other cocks, entertainment, remembering birthdays of frenemies, job, college assignments, social media and lacking time and stamina to spend time with boring rejections in person or even via phone when there is so much other things to do.

That's simply modern life, women are overwhelmed by it, just as men are.

You can be sure girls don't flake to eagerly anticipate your butthurt calls - they simply have other more important or pleasant stuff to do then deal with explaining yet to another thirsty dude why she doesn't feel anything for him anymore.

Quote: (11-11-2016 06:43 AM)just a human Wrote:  

Then this thread should be titled - “A link between flaking and attention seeking”

(i was always acting very cool and unemotional with her. Never said any complements to her , never said that i like her)

Me: “Yes. Do You want meet me?

No texts no calls.

Here is par two:

No answer.
I don't care about this girl, but this kind of behavior is very disrespectful. And she should be somehow punished for this.

"Are You playing games with me or what? I don't accept such kind of behavior. I'll be here for 15 minutes more. You have a chance to come and apologize. Other way - you'll never ever hear a word from me again."

I asked her later a straight question- "What did you wanted to achieve with such behavior-a drama,attention,did you wanted me to act needy or what?"

Ok, let me break this down.. Stop asking her things like do you want, can you come, etc..

If you're already going out, tell her to meet you there, and preferably start approaching before she arrives.

That text wasn't a bit needy, it was needy as fuck, especially for a guy who's have access to this forum and it's knowledge. Like I said you should be doing approaches not thinking about if she's coming or not.

This alone show that YES you do care about this girl, and are way more invested in her than she's in you. She doesn't deserve punishment, you are sounding like those entitled feminist bitches. Look man, she doesn't owe you nothing. Did you meet her saving her life or something ?

Of course she is playing games with you, in any interaction with any women (or men) there will always be a game being played, read "The games people play" by Eric Berne. And, if you don't want to play games why you're here anyway ?

You got the bang, but it seems to me that you're very concerned with being the alpha, and a man that doesn't tolerate bad behavior from women. But read your post, you REACTED to her, SHE PLAYED YOU, and you fell for it, when she said yes, all of this. It's because she knows she has you by the balls, she now knows for a fact that she can do whatever and you'll still stick to her bullshit. You could use some stoic philosophy.

I don't care how many times she said she's sorry or how fast she ran into your arms. She played you, and you went right into her frame, you're her puppet. Just because a girl said she's sorry and you had great sex after, doesn't mean she is really sorry.

Open your eyes, there is still a lot of blue pill running through your veins.

I look foward for a more experienced member to school us on how to correct this kind of mindset.

I'm not ranting on you OP, just pointing out that you're doing exactly the opposite of what you think you're doing in your head.

[quote] (11-11-2016 06:43 AM)just a human Wrote:  

[quote='General Stalin' pid='1441881' dateline='1478796061']

Here is par two:

No answer.

Her answer was like: "Yes, all of this"[/quote]

I've always wanted to try an explosive, 'calling her out' text for the hell of it. I'm usually non-reactive if a chick rejects my advances to meet or flakes. Is it worth trying on a chick who acts playful but doesn't make offer to reschedule after a couple attempts?

Me: “Yes. Do You want meet me?”

No texts no calls.

Here is par two:

No answer.

To me you were too insecure here. Too many questions.

Instead of “Are you partying tonight?” I'd say "we're partying tonight".

Instead of "I will be in bar x. Can you come there?” I'd say "I will be in bar x. come at 10pm"

If she was not there instead of asking another questions I'd go "btw if you're here I'm on 2nd floor, if not you're a loser. ha!". That's it.

In the end you got what you wanted so all is good I guess.

Quote: (11-11-2016 07:59 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Attaching flaking to attention whoring is a bit of a stretch and butthurt overanalysis.

Flaking is simply being overwhelmed by other stuff - other cocks, entertainment, remembering birthdays of frenemies, job, college assignments, social media and lacking time and stamina to spend time with boring rejections in person or even via phone when there is so much other things to do.

You can be sure girls don't flake to eagerly anticipate your butthurt calls - they simply have other more important or pleasant stuff to do then deal with explaining yet to another thirsty dude why she doesn't feel anything for him anymore.

That's what I think too.

It's possible there are some cruel bitches out there who plan those bullshit games to start some drama for their sick entertainment. However that's not common as far I can see. Usually girls flake cause don't really care that much about the particular guy or they have better things to do at a time.

Thing is we as men we can ignore a lot of bullshit to meet with a girl we really like, even if she still hasn't earned our respect. It's just men being men, we like to chase women and we're thinking with our dicks way too often.

Women are not like that. They need to be seduced into participating. At least that's how I see it. It's like she's there at home or at work and some guy texts her to come out and she's like "hmmm I don't l know... do I feel like it? Or not?" and she texts back "i'll let you know".

I mean, many times I witnessed a girl deciding to stay at home to watch some youtube bullshit, which was something she did almost every day, instead of going out, or just because she just returned back home she didn't feel like going out again. Just because of that. To us it's nonsense, but girls live in different reality.

To me flaking is almost like a second nature of women. They don't have that drive to do shit as us. We are the adventurous ones, we usually prefer to do shit, often stupid shit, just to move and go see what's out there. Women just prefer to stay in one cozy place and not risk losing that feeling. I mean usually.

So if we're talking about random girls that I'm not that familiar with and we don't even know each other then some sort of flaking is to be expected. However it is unacceptable that when a girl I know well flakes on me when we're suppose to go together to my friend's wedding or some kind of other important event. In that case I'm putting the bitch in her place hard.

Quote: (11-07-2016 09:23 AM)just a human Wrote:  

Hi everyone. My first post. I would like to share a thought - basically - that flaking is an intentional behavior and a hidden form of attention seeking. Girls give her number to guys and even spend some time with them , often just to experience that feeling that she is desirable. That guys want her. One girl a couple weeks ago said to me : "A women is alive till she is desirable not only by her boyfriend or husband, but also by other man ." Sounds sick - right ? But that's how they are and think. Couple weeks ago i was in one of best clubs in my city. I spent some time, talking and dancing with one girl ,get a number from her, she went home, and party became to the end- it was about 6:00 in the morning. But its not over till its over. So - i looked around and there was a girl -like 6-6,5 ,standing and looking in her phone. I started a conversation and soon we walked to an other place where party was still going on. I started to dance with her , soon started to kiss and she seems like in it - you know. But my subconscious mind told me that there is something fake. So after a couple songs i decided to move further and said like : "Let's go to walk". I grabbed her hand and moved towards exit. She said - she needs to go to the bathroom. I was like- "ok". Of course i did not wait for her but looked around,and at my phone - a missed call from one of my plates. After about 10 minutes i met that girl again near the exit and she said - she is going home. What was wrong? Nothing. It is very simple: she was before in one of the best clubs where goes a lot of girls with much better looks than hers, and she did not received at that night all the attention she wanted. So - at the end she decided to spent some time with me , just to fulfill this need. She just wanted to feel desirable. So, we should bear in mind, interacting with a girl , that , maybe she just seeks this feeling and nothing more. I think - attention is the strongest, most pleasant drug for women.

Girls flake on you when they dont like you. Nothing more, nothing less.

[Image: discussionclosed.gif]

Its always worth injecting a little drama into a flakes life.

Either they get a tingle, they know you are high worth and call them out, or they don't give a shit and you next them.

Either way nothing to lose, a chance to gain.

Quote: (11-12-2016 02:16 PM)Player_1337 Wrote:  

[quote] (11-11-2016 06:43 AM)just a human Wrote:  

(11-10-2016, 04:41 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  Here is par two:

No answer.

I've always wanted to try an explosive, 'calling her out' text for the hell of it. I'm usually non-reactive if a chick rejects my advances to meet or flakes. Is it worth trying on a chick who acts playful but doesn't make offer to reschedule after a couple attempts?

I suggest you to try this,when some bitch starts to act arrogant and disrespectfully. But bear in mind-it can lead to the end. When it happens i am not staying cool. I always send something very rude.
Like: "Go to hell stupid bitch!"
And whatever happens-never apologize for that.

Why i do this kind of thing?

I do it not so much to insult her, but i do it to heal and clear my brain.
Guys worry too much about loosing some bitch,and that makes them act weak and finally they anyway looses her,but they are left like a losers.
Instead,when you do this - it is like blowing away some insect who bothers you.
Bring in some fire in your interaction with women!
It is better for your mental health to be aggressive , than weak and passive loser.

Damn.. thats takes throwing shit on a woman to a whole different level.

Im not sure I agree.

Quote: (11-11-2016 07:59 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Gotta agree with this... OP is way overthinking and hamstering this shit. It ain't that deep.

Quote: (11-11-2016 09:00 AM)Mjölnir Wrote:  

Me: “Yes. Do You want meet me?

No texts no calls.

Here is par two:

No answer.

Ok, let me break this down.. Stop asking her things like do you want, can you come, etc..

If you're already going out, tell her to meet you there, and preferably start approaching before she arrives.

That text wasn't a bit needy, it was needy as fuck, especially for a guy who's have access to this forum and it's knowledge. Like I said you should be doing approaches not thinking about if she's coming or not.

This alone show that YES you do care about this girl, and are way more invested in her than she's in you. She doesn't deserve punishment, you are sounding like those entitled feminist bitches. Look man, she doesn't owe you nothing. Did you meet her saving her life or something ?

Of course she is playing games with you, in any interaction with any women (or men) there will always be a game being played, read "The games people play" by Eric Berne. And, if you don't want to play games why you're here anyway ?

You got the bang, but it seems to me that you're very concerned with being the alpha, and a man that doesn't tolerate bad behavior from women. But read your post, you REACTED to her, SHE PLAYED YOU, and you fell for it, when she said yes, all of this. It's because she knows she has you by the balls, she now knows for a fact that she can do whatever and you'll still stick to her bullshit. You could use some stoic philosophy.

I don't care how many times she said she's sorry or how fast she ran into your arms. She played you, and you went right into her frame, you're her puppet. Just because a girl said she's sorry and you had great sex after, doesn't mean she is really sorry.

Open your eyes, there is still a lot of blue pill running through your veins.

I look foward for a more experienced member to school us on how to correct this kind of mindset.

I'm not ranting on you OP, just pointing out that you're doing exactly the opposite of what you think you're doing in your head.

Man , noo )
It is hard to describe my mindset [Image: wink.gif]

That text: ” What's going on? I am still waiting for You. Are You coming or not?”
..that was like a joke. I was making fun of it - like-"let's send her some needy text first,and see reaction.."
You know-when you really don't care-you are free to act anyway you want..

You may believe me or not-if this girl today rejects me - i will laugh at it. I'll send her text like: "Oh my GOD! What a tragedy - you leaving me..."

And of course - i wasn't passively waiting there-i was approaching,and spending time with two russian girls at karaoke section...They left,and then i texted my plate...

Thanks to anyone for replies!

Girls love to waste your time. Why they do it doesn't matter, all you have to know is to minimize time before you go to first date as much as you can.