rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tight Supermarket Game

Tight Supermarket Game

Hey gentlemen,

Looking for tip suggestions on how to tighten up game at a supermarket. I know in Day bang it is suggested to pick up fruit in the grocery section and than approach asking if they are good, but I did not have the time to do this. I was at Whole Foods buying water and protein bars, was already paying for my groceries when saw a hot blonde in white pants and heels walk in. She headed directly for the bakery to pick up some bread. I made a U-turn towards the bakery after paying for my stuff. As she was waiting for the bread, I made my approach. She just got her bread and made the turn to leave the store (evidently it was the main reason she came by)

I asked her "Excuse me Miss, do you know where the apples are?"

She turned around and pointed me to the other half of the store. "They are over there."

"On the other side of the store"

"Yes"

"Wow, Whole Foods is so strange, so hard to find things, it is like the store is flipped over. Everything is reversed."

"Yes, well they are over there." She pointed again

"It is just so difficult to find apples here in the States. So used to growing my own apples and having them everywhere."

"Well, I see, they are over there." She pointed again and turned around and began walking away. She also grabbed some salad before leaving.

Think I should have continued rambling and said something like "When I was travelling in Italy, could have bought apples at any gas station." and maybe would have gotten a personal question out of it. What would you do in my place?

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

Tight Supermarket Game

Don't overthink it. Use the advantage of girls stopping or slowing down to pick something as an advantage of stationary target. Then approach directly with a complement or best situational opener.

After couple hundred daygame approaches you will stop thinking of minute details like that.

Tight Supermarket Game

Quote: (10-10-2016 09:00 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

Don't overthink it. Use the advantage of girls stopping or slowing down to pick something as an advantage of stationary target. Then approach directly with a complement or best situational opener.

After couple hundred daygame approaches you will stop thinking of minute details like that.

Compliment? Would that be too direct and scare them off? Which compliments do you use?

"Excuse me Miss, but those are some good looking shoes/pants?" would be super beta

Tight Supermarket Game

You put yourself in a situation where there was practically zero chance of enjoyable banter between the two of you. Also, asking a random person where the apples are makes you seem foolish. it's just an unbelievable scenerio that someone can't find the produce department.

You would have been way better off talking to her about bread while she was waiting. Could have asked her what kind of bread she usually gets, what she recommends, what's healthiest, what she uses it for, does she cook often, is she a chef, etc...

Tight Supermarket Game

Quote: (10-10-2016 09:29 PM)Philosopher Wrote:  

Quote: (10-10-2016 09:00 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

Compliment? Would that be too direct and scare them off? Which compliments do you use?

"Excuse me Miss, but those are some good looking shoes/pants?" would be super beta

Hi. I was walking by and saw you picking those apples, I thought you look great and wanted to tell you that.

Indirect-direct. Let it sink in. And then proceed talking about apples and peanut butter, or whatever it is on your mind.

IMO this belongs in Newbie section.

Tight Supermarket Game

"I'd like to get my hands on some nice big melons, would you be able to help me with that?"

Tight Supermarket Game

Why is this a poll?

I've never been a fan of deliberately going indirect. If you see a girl you think is attractive then go tell her you think she is cute and would like to go out sometime. Get the number then get out. You're already at the store so it's the perfect eject "well I gotta finish my shopping but I'll text you soon and make plans"

Tight Supermarket Game

Quote: (10-10-2016 09:44 PM)Mushroom Wrote:  

You put yourself in a situation where there was practically zero chance of enjoyable banter between the two of you. Also, asking a random person where the apples are makes you seem foolish. it's just an unbelievable scenerio that someone can't find the produce department.

You would have been way better off talking to her about bread while she was waiting. Could have asked her what kind of bread she usually gets, what she recommends, what's healthiest, what she uses it for, does she cook often, is she a chef, etc...

Not bad ideas but don't you think that asking personal questions, before doing the opener, the ramble, and getting a personal question from her is essential - otherwise it will usually scare her off?

Tight Supermarket Game

Quote: (10-11-2016 01:34 AM)Philosopher Wrote:  

Quote: (10-10-2016 09:44 PM)Mushroom Wrote:  

Not bad ideas but don't you think that asking personal questions, before doing the opener, the ramble, and getting a personal question from her is essential - otherwise it will usually scare her off?

Good lord man, not when you're discussing bread and activities related to it. You really are overthinking things and women can sense that. You have to relax and be way more natural.

Tight Supermarket Game

Ask her where the nearest Sauna is Johnbozzz

Tight Supermarket Game

Quote: (10-11-2016 02:05 AM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

Ask her where the nearest Sauna is Johnbozzz

LOL, just searched the forums - Johnbozzz was the legendary unnecessary thread starting guy. Point well taken.

Tight Supermarket Game

None of those options is good.

If a girl is actually in a hurry then you have no time to beat around the bush and she has no time to have a conversation like that.

Best way is to get straight to the point and just tell her there's something that makes you you want to talk to her again. Such convo lasts 30-60 seconds. It's enough.

".. hey I don't wanna bother you i can see you're in a hurry like the world is about to end .. i hate it when someone interrupts me too.. i just wanna tell you there's something about you i'm curious so i'd like to have a chance to actually talk to you again normally in different circumstances.. "

Something like that is more than enough. Sometimes it turns out the girl is not in THAT hurry and conversation just flows from there like she has all time in the world. However it's not a common thing so you can't afford to initiate interaction like you have time to do it.

Tight Supermarket Game

Whatever item she is looking at, ask her about it..

"These are great aren't they"

"How do you prepare these"

"Oh my gosh, you eat this stuff, how do you stay in such great shape"

"do you prepare these with chicken broth"

"I love this these"

Those are just some basic, generic examples to give you some ideas.

Quote: (10-10-2016 08:31 PM)Philosopher Wrote:  

What would you do in my place?

I would have asked her about her BREAD since that was what SHE was looking at..

"I need some carbs, is this good bread"

"good choice, I love that bread"

"you eat bread, wow how do stay so fit"

"whats a good one for clam chowder?"

--

Tomatoes:

"are these good for making salsa?"

"how do I know when its ripe?"

"which ones are the heirlooms?"

"ooh an heirloom girl, good choice"

Peppers:

"what kind of chilis are those?"

"are those hot?"

"are those good for making salsa?"

"ohh you're spicy"

Grapes:

"do those have seeds in them?"

"I love black grapes"

Fish/Meat:

"How do you prepare that?"

"I just got a new bbq"

More basic examples to stimulate you.

--

Also,

Use your shopping cart as a "bumper car".

Push it into hers and pretend that it was her fault.

When they hear the crash of 2 shopping carts crash into each other, they always panic and say -- "oh my gosh, excuse me".

Laugh it off and initiate chat.

SOME EXAMPLES:

I was at the market, I saw a gorgeous little Beyonce type, mixed black/white, maybe 18/19. She was struggling to tear off one of those plastic bags..

me: how to you work these stupid things
her: i don't know
me: let me try

I tore off one of the bags

her: thank, i guess im not very athletic
me: i guess not

--

At the market, I saw a cute white girl wearing yoga pants. Great slim body, dirty blond hair..

She was looking at some salt..

me: is that a good salt?
her: ya but im not gonna get it because the dates are wrong
me: what do you mean?
her: this one says best used by january 2012
me: thats funny
her: this is 2012 right?
me: um ya i think so haha
her: haha so this is 6 months too old
me: your not crazy, that date is wrong

--

Exiting the market, I see a hot white girl in yoga pants, beautiful body.

She was holding a kombacha tea..

me: how is that kumbacha tea?
her: i actually haven't tried this flavor yet so we'll see
me: i tried one a few weeks ago and it was disgusting
her: it all depends on the brand and the flavor
me: have you ever made it yourself?
her: no
me: its really for health and not flavor i think
her: exactly
me: my grandma used to make it at home

--

At the market, I see a pretty white girl, walking with a green smoothie..

me: hey whats that?
her: its a smoothie
me: looks amazing
her: it’s from the smoothie bar is over there
me: nice whats in it?
her: kale, ginger, carrots
me: thats why you have good skin
her: yes the greens helps

--

In line at the deli, a cute, thin Latina with long hair is ordering ahead of me.

deli lady: do you want ah jour sauce?
her: oh umm, i dont know, what is it?
deli lady: oh well its umm you know..

me: its the broth that the meat was cooked in, your should try it..

She looked at me.

her: oh ok i will try it
me: just give your sandwich a small and quick little dip, dont hold it too long, you dont want it to get soggy
her: ok sounds interesting

--

Deli meat section, I see a cute white girl, blond, tight jeans, nice body..

She is looking at some packages of meat, I step in next to her and grab some salami..

me: you eat this stuff?
her: well, not the salami, i get turkey
me: oh ok, i was gonna ask you how you stay in such great shape
her: I just eat the turkey plain

Tight Supermarket Game

Trying to pick the best tomato? What makes you worthy of the best tomato?

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Tight Supermarket Game

Quote: (10-12-2016 03:35 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

At the market, I saw a cute white girl wearing yoga pants. Great slim body, dirty blond hair..

She was looking at some salt..

me: is that a good salt?
her: ya but im not gonna get it because the dates are wrong
me: what do you mean?
her: this one says best used by january 2012
me: thats funny
her: this is 2012 right?
me: um ya i think so haha
her: haha so this is 6 months too old
me: your not crazy, that date is wrong

I would have told her she's a fucking moron salt doesn't go bad, then go for a handshake close.

Tight Supermarket Game

Thanks Giovanni, you gave me many good scripts to work with. Which store do you see so many yoga pants girls at?

Tight Supermarket Game

stick with cucumbers

Tight Supermarket Game

Quote: (10-12-2016 04:49 PM)Philosopher Wrote:  

Thanks Giovanni, you gave me many good scripts to work with. Which store do you see so many yoga pants girls at?

Fancy stores in wealthy areas..

That is where the beautiful yoga pants are..

--

Quote: (10-12-2016 04:31 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

salt doesn't go bad

It does IF it has fancy ingredients added to it..

This was a fancy store in San Francisco!

It was some high end chef salt with flavors infused into it.

Tight Supermarket Game

A good opener for supermarket game is "apples or oranges that is the question", "shampoo or shower gel that is the question". Easy to remember, can be applied to whatever product your target is browsing, and should elicit a laugh.

Make small talk for a minute.

Confess that you started talking to her because she caught your eye, compliment her style or something. Keep it light, fun and short.

Get her number.

Leave.

Tight Supermarket Game

Quote: (10-15-2016 11:21 AM)Lagavulin Wrote:  

CONFESS that you started talking to her because she caught your eye,

I used to do that.

I stopped.

It never felt good. It always felt incongruent and weak..

Why would I have to make a confession to a girl about my intentions? Why would I have to pretend to talk about something and then moments later change the tone of our conversation? Why would I admit that I was being fake?

It never made sense to me. It felt supplicating and coming from a place of inferiority.

--

Nowadays, I display my "intention" by the way I interact with them.. The tone of my voice, little looks and facial expressions, putting out that
open "vibe"..

No pretending, no need to admit trickery..

--

** But, I live in a big, feminist, city where all the girls are on guard about being approached... SO, I HAVE TO WORK EXTRA HARD TO MAKE EVERYTHING APPEAR SERENDIPITOUS!

If I admit to trickery I will be labeled "creepy".

Quote: (10-15-2016 11:21 AM)Lagavulin Wrote:  

compliment her style

I used to do this also.

I stopped.

Again, supplicating (unless its mixed in with a neg/insult)

Look at the difference in these two statements:

"I like your hat"

(delivered with a big smile)

That often feels like supplication.

A better option is -- "your hat is interesting"

(delivered with a slight smirk)

This engages her on a stronger level.. She isn't quite sure if its a compliment or not.. This is more mysterious.. Playfully strong rather then supplicatingly weak..

--

It's taken me a few years to evolve to a higher level of conversational skill.. I'm just starting to play with this more advanced tactic. Fuck! I was giving too many compliments!