rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Oddities In The Game

Oddities In The Game

Case 1: typical high-school jock. "Alpha." 6'5, kills it with the girls in university. Social circle and varsity athlete game.

Gets a girlfriend and stops playing the field. That's okay--but not when his interest in her is much higher than the other way around. (Especially when she's an average girl). I look at his FB profile and he's got a picture of him and her as his profile picture and cover photo. He has his relationship status with her under his info. I look at her Facebook page, and his name or picture is nowhere to be seen.

Case 2: very average guy. Nice, social, good-natured. In this case, I actually thought he was gay, but maybe not because he seems to be dating a cute girl now. She's actually better looking than him. I look at her Facebook and he appears in many of her pictures. Either they are equally mutually interested or she's more into him.

The above are real examples I've seen that I would consider oddities in the game. They go against everything I've learned and seen otherwise. Of course these cases are exceptions as they go against the grain, hence the name oddities.

But still, they leave me puzzled [Image: huh.gif]

Is there anything that can explain these oddities? Of course beyond the ones I just mentioned. I'm sure you guys have seen your fair share of irregularities in the game as well.

And to be clear, the above examples are from friends of mine in Canada, so I'm talking about a Western society here.

Oddities In The Game

Relationships are not the same thing as game at all. A lot of what makes a guy good at game can make him really bad in a relationship. Game is about maximizing your smv, then taping into a women's (relatively predictable) primal biology. Relationships are about relating to another highly complex human being.

Once you get into a serious relationship smv and primal biology matter a lot less day to day. I would say the main way for a guy to be successful in a LTR is to be non-needy and at the same time work for his girl's happiness by keeping things fun and exciting for her. When I look at successful relationships, in all of them both partners are working to keep each other happy. They range all over the place from alpha guy/ submissive woman to dominant woman/ beta guy. Again the key to success is that both partners want the other person to be happy. The alpha might get (almost) all the one night stands but betas can be very good at relationships and since most American woman are dominant, betas are actually better suited for a relationship with most American woman.

Oddities In The Game

I don't see this as an oddity in game at all. In fact, for anyone that has read any game material then it's pretty typical, because a girl being into somebody is usually a result of that person's behaviour, not their physical appearance. Before the gym above everything else crowd come out, we all know looks, physique, and money help, especially with getting one's foot in the door, but game is about behaviour and what one says, and it actually works.

Oddities In The Game

I would use the term atypical or anomaly instead of oddity.
For every rule there are exceptions, thus the necessity to create a rule and then create an exception to said rule.
Be exceptional, not the rule.

Oddities In The Game

The odd part is how the pairings happened in the first place.

I'm gonna stay verklempt on this one

WIA

Oddities In The Game

Doesn't seem atypical for me:

Case 1
Typical "a bit asshole" game but deep down beta and romantic. The superficial and 1st layers were enough to bang the other chicks (which were probably "normal") but he encountered a girl with good game (i.e. who master manipulation). Remember, once the guy has slept with the girl, the power usually comes back to the guy. If the girl has game (and wants to), she game to have the relationship, otherwise it says an ONS. My bet is that when he thought he was tricking her into bed, she was actually tricking him into a relationship using technique like drama, withholding sex, push-pull, etc. Now that she has what she wanted, it was probably way too easy and she's bored. He, on the other hand, is hooked as her skills blasted through the first layer and got to his beta core.

Case 2
Typical of social circle meeting. In these kind of cases it's always that or the guy has great game. He was around, a bit confident and nice and it happened. Doesn't mean it's gonna last though...

Make men great again!

Oddities In The Game

Value.

The following phrase is bandied about often in the manosphere:

"Be the best version of yourself"

Vinny said something related to that in his Salsa Data Sheet:

Quote: (08-16-2016 08:37 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

when you are chasing more quality girls, and you are not planning to impress them with your money or status, having a lot of small talents gives you an upper hand.

That is a direct correlation to what Scott Adams termed as "talent stacking", from his book "How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big."

We work to improve ourselves, gains knowledge, experience and skills. Adding them together has a multiplicative effect on one's value. It gives a competitive edge against any rivals.

In your two examples, you're wondering how two regular Joe Schmoes got the gold, when it should be Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps. The medals can be distracting, but what did they do to win during the race? How did they practice in order to be in the arena?

I'm willing to bet that the reason these "underdogs" performed well was because they were delivering value to their target exactly how they needed to.

I'm theorizing here:

case 1: she wasn't bitchy, didn't cause drama, loyal, tries giving value instead of leeching

case 2: "gay" or: knows a lot of interesting things/places/people, strong frame, swats shit tests like she was pitching underhand

The guy friends i get along best with are the type who do the following:

When they see someone doing better than they are--be it health, wealth, or women--they don't hate on that dude. Instead they ask how they can do what he's doing.

You're asking the right questions, brother.

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

Oddities In The Game

Quote:Quote:

he's got a picture of him and her as his profile picture and cover photo. He has his relationship status with her under his info.

Classic "beta-tell" if you want to call it that. [Image: blush.gif] Means he views women as the prize. I've always thought adding your girlfriend/wife along with you in the FB picture was creepy as fuk; it's like saying "YES I DID IT WORLD, DO YOU SEE? SHE IS MINE NOW!" Quite unlike just having women of indeterminate status along with you in your photos looking like they're having a good time.

Bet she doesn't have him in hers, right? Of course not. Haha, it's always that way.

I know a couple guys in real life who do that thing and they're pretty much squares to a one

Quote: (10-09-2016 05:26 PM)James Bond Next level Wrote:  

My bet is that when he thought he was tricking her into bed, she was actually tricking him into a relationship using technique like drama, withholding sex, push-pull, etc. Now that she has what she wanted, it was probably way too easy and she's bored. He, on the other hand, is hooked as her skills blasted through the first layer and got to his beta core.

Let her blast through to your beta core, but give her great sex every time you see her. And then after a couple months when she decides you're fantastic LTR material and asks you for exclusivity, tell her "Girl, you're wonderful and I've enjoyed your company immensely. But...NEXT!"

Then when she needs a random good banging from time to time and wants to hit someone up (she might very well do so), who do you think will come to mind? You're a nice guy, after all.

Oddities In The Game

Case 3: Guy with a very douchey handlebar or regular mustache being trendy or hipster with very attractive woman.

Now, did he originally bang her with that thing and pass shit tests? Or did he grow it after as a show of dominance that even with that she will stay and it signals to other chicks.

Mystery of the universe, respect for that guy. I can't grow a good enough mustache to even test it (these guys never have sparse mustaches - too rapey in girls' minds).

My version would be walking around with an ugly faux hawk & rat tail combo. Can I win with this? I can imagine the confidence needed to carry that and be seen as sexy to women.

It is like The Game where Strauss explained how a guy when around with a plastic horror movie mask and a woman's sundress in public after not showering for weeks everyday for months to increase his confidence.....

Fashion for males at the artistics/eccentric level is all about what can you get away with and still be cool as a sign of how much confidence you have for pulling off things no other male would even try. I have some legit artistic/musician friends that dress very fashion forward and get sour stared by other guys - they do exceedingly well with women.

The mustache though... it's just.... I mean long hair, maybe a man-bun, funky jacket/sweater, deep V, torn up skin tight jeans, some man jewelry, and an old school hat is one thing....

I am talking about white dudes here specifically.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Oddities In The Game

Quote: (10-09-2016 06:15 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

Case 3: Guy with a very douchey handlebar or regular mustache being trendy or hipster with very attractive woman.

Now, did he originally bang her with that thing and pass shit tests? Or did he grow it after as a show of dominance that even with that she will stay and it signals to other chicks.

<snip>

I am talking about white dudes here specifically.

I see a fair number of couples like that in Boston/Somerville/Cambrige etc.

You say to yourself "Wow, that guy looks like the worst hipster caricature imaginable, and a stiff breeze could knock him over. How'd he pull that babe?"

Best guess is that much of it is social-circle game, he knew her through a friend, he was the most persistent orbiter of the bunch, dad lives in Cali and has some money, etc. I've heard a decent number of girls say "Yeah, I date kinda quirky/schlubby guys because they treat me better."

I've noticed that while many white girls around here will have no problem doing a ONS off Tinder, to be in a LTR with a guy who they feel comfortable going out with regularly and being seen by their friends with at the trendy spot, they seem to require a massive amount of social-circle proofing and long-term comfort built. Young women are the worst slut-shamers of all.

I don't think it was necessarily their goofy mustache or fashion sense that peacocked her into a relationship, though perhaps that's what they tell themselves. Just a thought. YMMV.

Oddities In The Game

^ The hipster mustache guys in SoCal have that look of douche self confidence vs. cool if that makes any sense. Like you respect his mental game, if you found out your girl used to bang him you'd want to vomit though kinda guy. Ones that usually have punchable faces, you know they can game girls though because they have a very strong frame. And yeah I think a lot of these guys have family money because that is the main place their self confidence seems to come from, not personal accomplishment. Also why their confidence is douche flavor and not cool flavor, they have that spoiled brat glitch in their eyes. Last, but not least they are usually pretty decent looking probably from trophy wife mom genes. I don't see mediocre looking guys with a mustache having the success I am talking about. The mustache is like a fuck you slap in the face, which underneath is a good looking face.

Female equivalent could be a good looking girl doing the one side shaved head thing. Takes a certain type of human to do that as a message.

Or

Oddities In The Game

Quote: (10-09-2016 06:15 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

I once shaved my beard into a very douchey handlebar mustache as a joke for a group photo for work.

I planned to shave it all off when I got home, but I was shocked and confused that my girl coworkers were telling me it looked good on me and that I should keep it.

So I thought, eh fuck it I'll try to go out with it. I pulled a lot of ass for about two weeks at various venues on the Sunset Strip and I was far from dressing like a hipster, just normal jeans and a t-shirt type of look.

I got the sense that they thought I must be confident as hell to pull off such a crazy looking facial hair getup. I don't really know, I thought it looked ridiculous on me, so I finally got tired of it and shaved it off after two weeks.

Damn, almost all my good stories are from when I first moved to LA nearly a decade ago.

Oddities In The Game

^ Makes sense. Once I don't have a day job where my appearance affects things, I'd probably go for a mustache / soul patch / man bunn combo for a few months as personal test to see how far douchey-ness gets me.

I think pretty fucking far my gut tells me.

Girls are like children they love costumes.

Or

Oddities In The Game

Quote: (10-09-2016 06:34 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

^ Makes sense. Once I don't have a day job where my appearance affects things, I'd probably go for a mustache / soul patch / man bunn combo for a few months as personal test to see how far douchey-ness gets me.

I think pretty fucking far my gut tells me.

Girls are like children they love costumes.

But how do you love yourself?

With a man bun, and all.