rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Self defence options for disarmed nations

Rather than cluttering up the various threads detailing the progress of the religion of peace, I thought I'd make this thread as a dumping ground for the various tools, tips and tactics people in disarmed nations might be able to make use of.

Regarding legality, lets leave that to the individual user to research. In many cases this stuff will be:

* Illegal to import but will simply be confiscated by customs without penalty.
* Legal to own.
* Illegal to carry on your person.

What's important is that everyone makes their own unemotional assessment regarding the risks and rewards of arming themselves at home and beyond.

Here's one to get started. I'll dump the rest here later.

[Image: 9096256531387581104.jpg]

(in case the picture doesn't make it clear, this torch is also a stun gun)

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Baseball or cricket bat with a nail in it.

I'm also going to buy some bullet proof vests, though with all of the AKs floating around the aloha snackbars it might be better to get plates and a carrier.

I'll split my self defense options into two types - the ones I can legally carry and more or less legally use while society is still standing (flashlights, pens, various other small and mostly non-lethal options), and the ones I will keep at home to be put into use if society crumbles to the point where police have more important things to do than tracking down people who defend themselves with lethal force (knives, machetes, axes - all of which are legal to own and easy to buy here).

Bows and crossbows are legal to own without licence I think everywhere. Arrows goes through even bulletproof vest....

What can kill a deer certainly can kill a human. Crossbows downside is the time to reload.

Deus vult!

Quote: (07-25-2016 04:57 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

I'm also going to buy some bullet proof vests, though with all of the AKs floating around the aloha snackbars it might be better to get plates and a carrier.

Excellent point.

[Image: bulletblocker-nij-iiia-bulletproof-fleece-vest-78.jpg]

http://www.bulletblocker.com/

You wont be able to ship a lot of this stuff through customs but if you travel to places that sell it then you should seriously consider buying inconspicuous bullet resistant clothing and either putting it in your luggage or simply wearing it home.

I'd also seriously like to hear from anyone that has experience with American based mom+pop organizations that will re-ship parcels internationally.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Dupe? thread-54163.html

I'm the King of Beijing!

Extensible baton. Lightweight. Illegal to carry in certain countries. Easily acquired in Poland.
Pepper Spray. Illegal to carry in certain countries. Easily acquired in Poland.
Bow / Crossbow. Are legal to carry (in my country), as long as you have a motive. Hunting/Sports. Have a club membership at all times. Should be carried disassembled and/or without the rope. Have a considerable learning curve.
Machete/Katana -> Easier to handle than an axe. You may be able to forge your own blade in certain places.

The Portuguese conquerors used two swords (from the 1500s to the 1800s). One would stop the enemy attack, the other would pierce the enemy. The swords would have protection for the hands in case blades would slip. For this reason they used to rush the enemy (often seen as a sign of crazyness, but used to reduce effectiveness of ranged weapons.

There's also this one:
Chainsaw-> [Image: latest?cb=20050113231148]

Quote: (07-25-2016 05:09 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Quote: (07-25-2016 04:57 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Excellent point.

[Image: bulletblocker-nij-iiia-bulletproof-fleece-vest-78.jpg]

http://www.bulletblocker.com/

You wont be able to ship a lot of this stuff through customs but if you travel to places that sell it then you should seriously consider buying inconspicuous bullet resistant clothing and either putting it in your luggage or simply wearing it home.

I'd also seriously like to hear from anyone that has experience with American based mom+pop organizations that will re-ship parcels internationally.

Why can't you ship this internationally? There isn't any reason for them to be blocked.

Looking at the UK block list doesn't mention things like bullet proof vests. I'd presume things would be similar to other European countries.

They do block pepper sprays and the like however. It seems it is illegal to use pepper spray in the UK (typical).

Knives (effective ones), batons, pepper spray are all illegal to carry in most European nations.

You should structure your life so that you can avoid the chances of experiencing this nonsense as far as possible. If you can't, then you must decide for yourself what the risks are, and how far you are prepared to endure them. I do not advocate anyone doing anything illegal, obviously. However, you may wish to consider that if there is a very real chance of you being somewhere bad, it may be preferable to risk the police rather than risk being unarmed. I would personally always choose to carry a locking knife, 4" or more, with a clip and a slip proof grip, which can be opened with one hand. This will get the business done. If you are in places where you need to be armed, then I would address that first, and consider the police threat second. Remember, if you are dressed like a grown up, armed illegally, and approached by a police officer, you can always engage the officer with 'Ah officer, I'm glad to have found you, I found this weapon on the street down the road, and was trying to find somewhere to hand it in'. The chances of it going much further than that, especially in a bad area, are more or less zero.

A great grey area weapon for everyday carry, particularly if you are well dressed, is a solid piece of chain about 18" long, with a padlock on the end. That will do wicked damage to the face and head of an assailant.

You can make effective pepper spray at home with very hot chillies, rubbing alcohol, and baby oil. All you need is some muslin to strain it through and a bottle to contain it. No man squirts another man in the face with rape spray though, remember this when choosing your weapon.

Edit: to clarify, there are no restrictions for taking body armour on the plane as a UK citizen for personal use.

Quote: (07-25-2016 05:35 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Why can't you ship this internationally? There isn't any reason for them to be blocked.

Looking at the UK block list doesn't mention things like bullet proof vests. I'd presume things would be similar to other European countries.

They do block pepper sprays and the like however. It seems it is illegal to use pepper spray in the UK (typical).

It would get blocked coming into Australia if they managed to pick up on it, which is unlikely, but I wouldn't risk it at that price. [Image: undecided.gif]

Quote: (07-25-2016 05:14 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Dupe? thread-54163.html

Sorry if this seems a little dupey, but this thread is geared toward what you'd carry outside of your house.

Quote:Quote:

Here are some known options:

1. Baseball bat
Pro: good range, no skill needed to use
Con: hard to get full power in constrained spaces like hallways and doorways

2. Collapsible baton
Pro: hard weapon, can inflict serious damage
Con: may not scare attacker, short range

3. Standard baton
Pro: more scary than collapsible baton, longer range
Con: hard to use in constrained spaces

4. Crowbar
Pro: similar to baseball bat
Con: shorter range than bat

5. Assault knife
Pro: may not scare someone with larger knife
Con: short range, takes training to use effectively

6. Pepper spray
Pro: effective from distance
Con: risky to use indoors, may end up impairing yourself

7. Whip, sjambok
Pro: good range, extremely painful
Con: takes skill to use, might be hard to use indoors

8. Spear, machete, or sword
Pro: scary, deadly, good range
Con: may take training to use

9. Nunchuks
Pro: medium range, painful
Con: requires extensive training

Short on time, but without reading the full 4 pages of the thread you linked I still think this thread has individual merit. If not please feel free to can it.

There's this related thread too
thread-54163.html

Edit: duped Suits' dupe post.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

I've been carrying a cane around for a few years now without any hassle. Often leaving one in plain sight in my car hasn't gotten any attention either.

I've found the little written on the use of a cane as a weapon out there to be not very useful and practice a handful of adapted sword and staff techniques. In my opinion, Cold Steel canes are sturdy but not well-balanced; Cane Masters canes with the smaller crook are my favorite (I prefer not to use hooking techniques).

http://unbreakableumbrella.com/

Might help if you need to bust someone's melon.

[Image: unbreakable-umbrella-stand-knife-whack.gif]

edit: Here's a video. The guy has a warped sense of humor [Image: lol.gif]

Get a big dog. The members of The Religion of Peace™ are scared of dogs.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

There are a few shady people here and there that manufacture swords/rapiers inside of canes. My grandpas on both sides owned one, and I know plenty of people stateside who own them as well.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

I don't know how hard it is to get ammo outside the US, but single shot shotguns are pretty easy to make with things you can get from a hardware store. Obviously it's not a good everyday self defense option, but in a SHTF situation it's better than not being armed.

Not on here much anymore. I'm either out on 2 wheels or trying to kill something.

Besides my usual tools/convenient self defense weapons (ask any traveler why mr Knife and Ms. Spoon are his BFF's) I am trying to train myself in reactions.

One thing I noticed from the Munich shooting video was that people ran away from the attacking shooter IN A STRAIGHT LINE??!!!
I remembered how we strafe in Videogames and though of course the thing doesnt translate to RL I do think its harder for someobody to take aim when you fan or jump sidewardss

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Long, strong socks (futbol/soccer) and some D batteries are legal everywhere (that I know of) and can get you out of a pickle. They also can't get you in trouble when pulled over, unless already assembled. You can sub the batteries for pad lock or whatever.

Obviously some of the other options are better but this is a quick, cheap one. Hopefully there is never a need for this or any others...

Heres some food for thought: you do NOT need to carry a weapon. You simply need to have a variety of items in your carry bag that can be quickly assembled into a functional weapon. The most I will say on here is that all you need is a sufficiently heavy blunt object, something to extend its reach, and a way of keeping the two attached....some of the best such items might already be designed to stay attached to whatever you put them on.

After all its perfectly legal to be carrying the items you need to go to the gym after work, and if push comes to shove you arent a paranoid nutjob carrying a weapon around but a quick thinking passerby.

Take a look at the weapons that street gangs and bikers carry.

For topics related to staying safe from Islamist terrorism in European cities.

What kind of legal weapons would you get first of all?

My first question would be which school of martial arts/self-defense is most suited to the coming troubles? I know nothing.

Duplicate thread:

thread-57247.html

^Krav Maga. It's not a martial art for exhibition purposes, you learn how to kill your adversary as quickly as possible. It's brutal.

TravelerKai may have something to add here.

I would have thought that getting in peak physical condition would be step one. Since many of these attacks seem to be with bombs/guns, getting the hell out of there ASAP would be more useful.

A course in threat recognition would be step two. I'm guessing that former LEO would offer this. Ninja skills won't defend against suicide bombings or AK47s.

Might be bullshit, but my old jujutsu instructor said that if you've got a membership card for a martial arts organisation then you can carry certain weapons such as a sword, bokken or staff, just not too obviously and have to be able to convince police that you're on your way to/from training, etc. Again, these won't do much against guns and bombs, and I doubt police will think much of you carrying a ready to draw sword. You can't carry a knife here, but any pointy object can be used to ram into someone's eye. You could carry a particularly heavy walking stick and say it's for your grandpa or something - a useful club, perhaps. A crowbar could be concealed on your person, just be sure to have an excuse.

I suppose Krav MAGA would be the Trump-approved martial art, so go with that. I wouldn't fancy facing down a suicidal maniac wielding a knife just because I know a few disarms. Beast mode and improvised weapons would probably stand a better chance of getting the best of an assailant who wants to stab you.

Also, check out http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/ for loads of info about threat recognition, mindset, etc. It's a gold mine of info, though not terrorism related.