rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Star Trek: Beyond

Anybody seen it?

I like that all the women on the shows are pretty and slim....and wear short skirts. No girl power bullshit. The fighting alien girl immediately ran for her life the second she gets a chance.

Idris Alba, plays the bad guy as alien and as human. Nice. Instead of the usual evil white guy routine. There was about 5 seconds of Solo putting his hand around another man-- to indicate to us he is gay.

Anyways, some of the girls from Star Trek Beyond:

[Image: kingsmans-sofia-boutella-joins-star-trek...rmat=1000w]
(samuel jackson slaps that ass in the movie Kingsman. )

[Image: MV5BMjA3NTc4MDEwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTA2...g%E2%80%8B]

[Image: latest?cb=20131224194110]

[Image: latest?cb=20121104035842]

[Image: MV5BMjM4NzM3OTEyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTgx...E2%80%8Bpg]

[Image: 3667245_9.jpeg]

[Image: MV5BMTg2NDIzNDMyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDYy...SY720_.jpg]

[Image: lialam_1358448579_76.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20150502172825]

[Image: MV5BMTY4NjM3NDgzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTg1...g%E2%80%8B]

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

The trailer with the Beastie Boys was super trash. Is their music really in the movie?

Quote: (07-23-2016 08:08 PM)Herr Lucifer Wrote:  

Anybody seen it?

I like that all the women on the shows are pretty and slim....and wear short skirts. No girl power bullshit. The fighting alien girl immediately ran for her life the second she gets a chance.

Maybe you forgot the part where the alien girl beats up 3 others when she first meets Scotty or when 115 pound Zoe Saldana (who looked very old) beat up several aliens.

If you change the thread title to "spoilers allowed", I'll share why the movie sucked.

I just watched it, though I missed the first... 30 minutes of it.
Overall, I liked it, action packed fun effects, and they kept that lens flare horseshit down to a minimum. Yeah they played beastie boys sabotage song, I like that song, and when they played it during an action scene it kicked it up a notch. It's a fairly short scene, I would've like it longer, that song playing, shit blowing up everywhere.
There's some girl power stuff, but it's an alien chick in a nice tight suit, so I liked watching her swing that ass around. I think Scotty boned her.

This was the best Star Trek to come out of the new timeline. I say that mostly due to my hatred of lens flares. I fucking hate lens flares. Sick of that shit.

I either need to catch the matinee of it, or download it, to get what I missed, because apparently a whooooole bunch of shit goes down in the first 30 minutes. I came into the movie and they were crashed on a planet, enterprise is fucked, everyone is caught or something.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Seems like it's not overly infested with feminism/degeneracy, might give it a watch. It doesn't appear to be pure propaganda like Mad Max?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Umm, no I don't think so, but I am bad at catching that stuff when watching action flicks, I just ignore that shit and watch the action, I remember the action better than covert social influence.
Unless it's really overt, like in that fifth wave movie, that shit was ridiculous.

Since the title isn't changed yet - SPOILERS AHEAD:

I thought the movie was bad but the effects were great. So many plot holes and internal inconsistencies.

1. Why would everyone just believe the alien woman and rush in to an unknown situation without even sending a probe or interrogating her first?
2. They claim that only the Enterprise's advanced navigation system can get through the nebula - yet the alien woman just got through it. Then all of the alien bees get through it. Then the USS Franklin gets through it.
3. The aliens are completely immune to phasers, torpedoes or shield technology...conveniently. But not the Beastie Boys. Playing "Sabotage" will make them explode instantly.
4. They forget that a transporter would have gotten rid of the alien weapon without having to endanger anyone.
5. They forget that Scotty designed a transporter that can go across the entire galaxy and is the size of a scuba tank. Be handy to bring along on a rescue mission.
6. The lying alien chick claims she's doing it to save her crew, but the crew is never even mentioned thereafter. Is she the third survivor of the Franklin? They never really say.
7. The rest of Starfleet at Yorktown do almost nothing to help.
8. The Franklin (and Enterprise) can crush through mountains without even slowing down, yet must evade meteors.
9. Spock is no longer the logical, stoic Vulcan. In a complete change of character, he's a drama queen.
10. Everyone forgot that they invented a cure for death in the last movie - Khan's blood.
11. Carol Marcus, played by the hot Alice Eve, joined the crew at the end of the last movie yet wasn't even mentioned here.
12. It's never explained how Krall came to be in command of the bee fleet, just that he "found technology" that extended his life (by draining others).
13. Speaking of Krall, his whole narrative is that only hulking Neanderthals believe in fighting wars. Star Fleet is about peace...which is why their ships are heavily armed.
14. Kirk didn't shoot Krall when he could have and ended it. Instead, he let him talk for a while and activate the weapon.
15. They lost thousands of crew members (or at least only around 30-50 were left in the camp), yet everyone is celebrating at the end. And Starfleet is trusting Kirk with another ship.
16. Krall's whole motivation (which wasn't explained well) was about individual struggle over unity. Kirk should have (in good storytelling) taken the opposite approach and proved it. Instead, he talked about unity yet the movie ends with a lone Kirk fighting Krall - individual struggle wins. And Krall contends that individual struggle is what is needed, yet his armada is a bunch of drones fighting in unison.
17. The franklin was Krall's (then Balthazar Edison) old ship that crashed on the planet. In the hundred years since, he never tried to get it working and forgot where it was (a few miles away from his base).
18. The Enterprise, the flagship of the Federation, is hopelessly outgunned...again. And, again, it's by mining equipment.
19. Sulu is a faeg.
20. The "NX" designation on the Franklin - that's nitpicking and would only bother a Trekkie.

That's just a few.

Two times I very briefly had to step out during the movie. I guess that was when the few seconds of girl power moment that you guys are talking about happened.

I believed they sent multiple probes; the previous Magellan probes that crashed on the planet are some of them, Enterprise clearly had the telemetry data uploaded before Magellan probe lost contact. It will also makes sense that they will download the alien female's ship database to access for navigation purposes.

Of course the swarm made it through, they are able to send a lone scout ship through with the alien female. Just because the people of the Enterprise thinks it is impossible, doesn't mean it is for everybody. Of course the Franklin made it through; she crashed her way through the first time, the ship computer had all the navigational data when it crashed its way through the first time. All they had to do is retrace their steps + follow the path of the swarm + a few minor corrections.

You seem to be unnecessarily nitpicking this shit. Don't know why.

The Aliens are immune to Star Fleet weapons because they know their shields frequencies and weapons calibration. That is how the Borg collective were able to adapt to Federations weapons: modifying their weapons parameters to render Federations offensive and defensive capabilities useless. This is one of the weaknesses of energy weapons. The Aliens in this movie are able to do the same because they've already hacked all Federations databases.

The Alien ships exploded because they WERE CRASHING into each other due to massive disruption in their communication. If you are flying huge swarms at extremely high velocity in super tight formations, and they require that communication to function, organize, and re-orient themselves with supreme precision. If you disrupt that communication, they will all start colliding into each other, there will be massive explosions.

Scotty intergalatic transporter crashed with the enterprise.

They rest of starfleet did something: they played the beastie boys music to wipe clean the alien swarm.

The Alien's woman mentioned that Krall is holding her crew hostage in the same place Krall is holding hostage the Enterprise crew.

Spock is half-human, and he was delirious with massive blood loss at the point of death.

So Kahn's blood can regenerate necrotic tissue. What relevance does this have to do with this movie? Use Kahn's blood to regenerate necrotized body of hundreds of dead crew members during that massive battle chaos that was going on? You want them to fit that into the movie at that point in time?

Marcus daughter is not there. So? There was this hot green alien from the last movie that wasn't in this movie too. So? Besides, Spock pointed out that having Marcus daughter onboard is very redundant because they already have him. Not just that, it will make sense for her to want to leave, since her father caused the massive deaths of fellow crew members onboard. I won't want to hang around the Enterprise after that, if i were in her shoes. You seem obsessively determined to be looking for something wrong with this movie.

"13. Speaking of Krall, his whole narrative is that only hulking Neanderthals believe in fighting wars. Star Fleet is about peace...which is why their ships are heavily armed."

Dude, freedom isn't free. Even the hippie Jedi goes around carrying lightsabers. So you think that if you are about peace, you should disarm yourself?!? If you have nothing to hide you should also let the government spy on you right?!? I don't get all your nitpicking.

"14. Kirk didn't shoot Krall when he could have and ended it. Instead, he let him talk for a while and activate the weapon."

Of course, they want to give us that dramatic mano-o-mano fight between the two. In a way though, i could understand why Kirk didn't shoot first and ask question later. Krall is a captain just like Kirk. A war hero just like Kirk. His service record, is of somebody that Kirk will admire and look up to. Kirk wants to believe in that redemption, in that core humanity. It is personal and deeply head-scratching for him that somebody like Balthazar can turn into this monster. Kirk wonders if that monster is inside of him as well. The same way we have a hard time processing how the great Teutonic Europe is voluntarily and actively committing suicide right now.

"15. They lost thousands of crew members (or at least only around 30-50 were left in the camp), yet everyone is celebrating at the end. And Starfleet is trusting Kirk with another ship."

Why not? It was a no-win scenario. A Kobayashi Maru scenario for Kirk and the Enterprise, and yet, they manage to survive it and further prevent the death of millions on York town. What do you think is the survival rate for a Tail gunner/pilot on combat air mission during world war 2? Around 4 weeks. They send Kirk on mission after mission with completely unknown parameters, and you don't expect him to have a high turnover rate in his crew? Kirk and the Enterprise are basically the suicide squad of the Federations.

"16. Krall's whole motivation (which wasn't explained well) was about individual struggle over unity. Kirk should have (in good storytelling) taken the opposite approach and proved it. Instead, he talked about unity yet the movie ends with a lone Kirk fighting Krall - individual struggle wins. And Krall contends that individual struggle is what is needed, yet his armada is a bunch of drones fighting in unison."

This criticism just makes zero sense.

"
17. The franklin was Krall's (then Balthazar Edison) old ship that crashed on the planet. In the hundred years since, he never tried to get it working and forgot where it was (a few miles away from his base). I really don't feel like replying to the rest of your "criticism" to be honest, it is taking too long, and i just think you want to nitpick for some weird reason.
"

Yeah, maybe because he wants to bury and really forget about the kind of honorable and decent man he used to be. He pathologically wants absolutely nothing to do with being a starfleet officer. He wants to bury all those things and forget about them all. For pete's sake, he doesn't even look human, he even took on a completely different name and language, culture, etc.

"18. The Enterprise, the flagship of the Federation, is hopelessly outgunned...again. And, again, it's by mining equipment."

So? It is the unknown. It could be outgunned by a farting blue space monster. A sufficiently advance mining equipment will kick ass. A mining equipment from America will destroy an entire fleet of Somalian warships.

"19. Sulu is a faeg."

It is a futuristic movie.

"20. The "NX" designation on the Franklin - that's nitpicking and would only bother a Trekkie."

I give you that.

Quote: (07-24-2016 02:00 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Seems like it's not overly infested with feminism/degeneracy, might give it a watch. It doesn't appear to be pure propaganda like Mad Max?

Have you seen Mad Max?

Quote: (07-24-2016 08:52 AM)Herr Lucifer Wrote:  

He's entitled to his opinion as are you. Why don't you write up your own review instead of posting overexposed head shots of actresses?

Quote: (07-24-2016 08:52 AM)Herr Lucifer Wrote:  

Two times I very briefly had to step out during the movie. I guess that was when the few seconds of girl power moment that you guys are talking about happened.

I believed they sent multiple probes; the previous Magellan probes that crashed on the planet are some of them, Enterprise clearly had the telemetry data uploaded before Magellan probe lost contact. It will also makes sense that they will download the alien female's ship database to access for navigation purposes.

Of course the swarm made it through, they are able to send a lone scout ship through with the alien female. Just because the people of the Enterprise thinks it is impossible, doesn't mean it is for everybody. Of course the Franklin made it through; she crashed her way through the first time, the ship computer had all the navigational data when it crashed its way through the first time. All they had to do is retrace their steps + follow the path of the swarm + a few minor corrections.

The Aliens are immune to Star Fleet weapons because they know their shields frequencies and weapons calibration. That is how the Borg collective were able to adapt to Federations weapons: modifying their weapons parameters to render Federations offensive and defensive capabilities useless. This is one of the weaknesses of energy weapons. The Aliens in this movie are able to do the same because they've already hacked all Federations databases.

The Alien ships exploded because they WERE CRASHING into each other due to massive disruption in their communication. If you are flying huge swarms at extremely high velocity in super tight formations, and they require that communication to function, organize, and re-orient themselves with supreme precision. If you disrupt that communication, they will all start colliding into each other, there will be massive explosions.

Scotty intergalatic transporter crashed with the enterprise.

They rest of starfleet did something: they played the beastie boys music to wipe clean the alien swarm.

The Alien's woman mentioned that Krall is holding her crew hostage in the same place Krall is holding hostage the Enterprise crew.

Spock is half-human, and he was delirious with massive blood loss at the point of death.

So Kahn's blood can regenerate necrotic tissue. What relevance does this have to do with this movie? Use Kahn's blood to regenerate necrotized body of hundreds of dead crew members during that massive battle chaos that was going on? You want them to fit that into the movie at that point in time?

Marcus daughter is not there. So? There was this hot green alien from the last movie that wasn't in this movie too. So? Besides, Spock pointed out that having Marcus daughter onboard is very redundant because they already have him. Not just that, it will make sense for her to want to leave, since her father caused the massive deaths of fellow crew members onboard. I won't want to hang around the Enterprise after that, if i were in her shoes. You seem obsessively determined to be looking for something wrong with this movie.

"13. Speaking of Krall, his whole narrative is that only hulking Neanderthals believe in fighting wars. Star Fleet is about peace...which is why their ships are heavily armed."

Dude, freedom isn't free. Even the hippie Jedi goes around carrying lightsabers. So you think that if you are about peace, you should disarm yourself?!? If you have nothing to hide you should also let the government spy on you right?!? I don't get all your nitpicking.

"14. Kirk didn't shoot Krall when he could have and ended it. Instead, he let him talk for a while and activate the weapon."

Of course, they want to give us that dramatic mano-o-mano fight between the two. In a way though, i could understand why Kirk didn't shoot first and ask question later. Krall is a captain just like Kirk. A war hero just like Kirk. His service record, is of somebody that Kirk will admire and look up to. Kirk wants to believe in that redemption, in that core humanity. It is personal and deeply head-scratching for him that somebody like Balthazar can turn into this monster. Kirk wonders if that monster is inside of him as well. The same way we have a hard time processing how the great Teutonic Europe is voluntarily and actively committing suicide right now.

"15. They lost thousands of crew members (or at least only around 30-50 were left in the camp), yet everyone is celebrating at the end. And Starfleet is trusting Kirk with another ship."

Why not? It was a no-win scenario. A Kobayashi Maru scenario for Kirk and the Enterprise, and yet, they manage to survive it and further prevent the death of millions on York town. What do you think is the survival rate for a Tail gunner/pilot on combat air mission during world war 2? Around 4 weeks. They send Kirk on mission after mission with completely unknown parameters, and you don't expect him to have a high turnover rate in his crew? Kirk and the Enterprise are basically the suicide squad of the Federations.

"16. Krall's whole motivation (which wasn't explained well) was about individual struggle over unity. Kirk should have (in good storytelling) taken the opposite approach and proved it. Instead, he talked about unity yet the movie ends with a lone Kirk fighting Krall - individual struggle wins. And Krall contends that individual struggle is what is needed, yet his armada is a bunch of drones fighting in unison."

This criticism just makes zero sense.

"
17. The franklin was Krall's (then Balthazar Edison) old ship that crashed on the planet. In the hundred years since, he never tried to get it working and forgot where it was (a few miles away from his base). I really don't feel like replying to the rest of your "criticism" to be honest, it is taking too long, and i just think you want to nitpick for some weird reason.
"

Yeah, maybe because he wants to bury and really forget about the kind of honorable and decent man he used to be. He pathologically wants absolutely nothing to do with being a starfleet officer. He wants to bury all those things and forget about them all. For pete's sake, he doesn't even look human, he even took on a completely different name and language, culture, etc.

"18. The Enterprise, the flagship of the Federation, is hopelessly outgunned...again. And, again, it's by mining equipment."

So? It is the unknown. It could be outgunned by a farting blue space monster. A sufficiently advance mining equipment will kick ass. A mining equipment from America will destroy an entire fleet of Somalian warships.

"19. Sulu is a faeg."

It is a futuristic movie.

"20. The "NX" designation on the Franklin - that's nitpicking and would only bother a Trekkie."

I give you that.

[Image: 60050035.jpg]

Quote: (07-24-2016 09:56 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

He's entitled to his opinion as are you. Why don't you write up your own review instead of posting overexposed head shots of actresses?

So? What is wrong with posting pics of hot actresses as a review? Rather have that in a movie than the ugly Ghostbusters dykes.

They have lots of hot slim chicks in short skirts. Nice asses. Plenty of actions. Not a ugly chick in sight. Not a fat chick in sight. The view of Yorktown is filled with slim, physically fit, attractive people. Even the warrior alien chick has great ass and long hair(she got her ass handed to her by the warrior dude, and she needs to be saved by Kirk). It was a funny movie, especially the banter between Spock and McCoy.

That is all the review you need: Action, sexy chicks, humor. That is all.

Quote: (07-24-2016 09:56 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

[Image: 60050035.jpg]

Okay.

I went and watched it today.

Seriously, the plot is dry as fuck. The only thing that keeps me interested is the CGI and the witty dialogue from Dr. McCoy.

They last movie was the same. This kind of shit belongs in a 40 minutes episode on TV, not a 2 hour fucking movie.

Bring back Picard, I say.

Quote: (07-24-2016 02:00 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Admittedly, I have a pretty low personal bar when it comes to watching movies. I can watch some complete shit sometimes and laugh my ass off. I actually liked this though.

It had some roundhouse kicking girl moments with Uhura. Some obligatory P.C. gay stuff with Sulu but it was easily ignored.

I wasn't too thrilled with one moment where Uhura was going hand to hand with this big alien fucker. It looked ridiculous like just about every female fight scene in existence in a franchise film.

The alien girl kicking ass wasn't that silly. She's an alien after all.

The special effects were good, the acting was good, characterization was on point, and Justin Lin knows how to shoot an interesting looking film. I saw it in imax 3d too and it was pretty and I didn't feel bored.

People really shouldn't dissect Star Trek science too much. It just needs to remain logically consistent with the sci-fi world they've created.