rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Did the forum have a golden age?

I have been a forum member for a couple of years. A lot of forum legends have either signed out or gotten the hammer. The G Manifestos, Dash Globals, Mcqeens, Krausers, Tuths, Deb Auchery are gone.

So was there a period when the forum was at its peak in terms of minimal troll infection, hilarious gifs and productive information? Has the forum changed from the earlier days or have things gotten better?

Don't debate me.

Still to come, brother. We are the harbingers of neomasculinity and all your Base WILL belong to us.

There was a time when there was no data about the world, then datasheets started coming out. Then certain clubs became packed with foreigners seemingly in direct causation with what was being posted on this forum, I saw it in multiple cities. There is a certain club in Bangkok that was posted about not even that extensively, now filled white people. Maybe not completely the forum but if you google about clubs in some foreign countries rvf is on the first page of search results.

Because this forum is not member only there are thousands of people who could take information and then suddenly that amazing spot you know is not that great anymore. So I think guys are definitely being a little bit more careful due to the open status of this site and as a result we see less awesome datasheets.

There is no real peak though this remains an iconic part of the internet and it is run quite well.

One thing I love is the increasing interest within this community about stoicism. Listening to Roosh's video on lifestyle and QC's podcasts was enlightening I am really trying to further adopt the no nonsense attitude they have. I think they have really locked into the correct philosphy and I hope they continue to share it in this organic form.

RIP dash global

The forum's been maturing. Threads from years back resurface every once in a while, and I chuckle at how juvenile and/or speculative they are compared to the conversations we have today. It used to be a good-quality cocktail; now it's turning into a finely aged whiskey.

Golden age? We're living it!

This forum has progressively gotten better. Game as a concept has been beaten to death. All of the tools have been brought up and analyzed to the point that the quality material out there can help any guy understand women and get whatever he wants out of a relationship with one.

With women taken care of, we can move onto the bigger goal of changing culture in order for it to better serve us!

The people who left, who are worthy of the utmost respect and admiration, were "left behind" so to speak. The winds of culture are changing and this forum is ground zero. We are the ones starting waves in the pool with the help of other parties.

It's time to not only be players but also leaders of our own communities.

Tuth is still here? I watched Thor last night.

Sort of like online dating and night game, it seems everything had its "Golden Age", and it seems like I always find out that no matter how soon I show up, I always missed it. [Image: dodgy.gif]

The golden age for me was when Mixx, Gmanifesto, Tuthmosis, Gio, WIA, Athlone, soup, Roosh, Ali, El Mech, Fisto, Hencridble, BlurredSevens all used to be posting in the same threads.

The forum was all about game and cool cities back then, very fun. All tips and tricks.

Then it got turbulent with Game vs. Politics. With the Game part losing most of its ground.

The second mini Golden Age was the NASA Test Pilot era. RIP.

Now the forum values thoughtful posts about life and culture instead of what's the trend for getting chicks.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

For game, travel, and lifestyle the golden age was around 2010-2014, for right wing politics the golden age is right now, that's part of the reason why you don't see guys like Speakeasy, BasilRansom, Parlay44, Caligula, etc. posting on here. Shit half the guys on here probably don't even recognize or remember those names, I've been a member since 2009 so I've seen the changes first hand. I'm not trying to complain, it is what it is, it's Roosh's forum, always was and always will be. I will say that it's too bad that so many guys got the ban hammer, or willingly decided to put themselves into "exile".

Considering Roosh is all about free speech, it's kind of interesting that he's alienated so many guys who disagree with the mainstream thought on the board. I myself have received "warnings" when I spoke out on various threads. A lot of guys just got sick of it and decided to leave....

Quote: (07-18-2016 12:57 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

For game, travel, and lifestyle the golden age was around 2010-2014, for right wing politics the golden age is right now, that's part of the reason why you don't see guys like Speakeasy, BasilRansom, Parlay44, Caligula, etc. posting on here. Shit half the guys on here probably don't even recognize or remember those names, I've been a member since 2009 so I've seen the changes first hand. I'm not trying to complain, it is what it is, it's Roosh's forum, always was and always will be. I will say that it's too bad that so many guys got the ban hammer, or willingly decided to put themselves into "exile".

Considering Roosh is all about free speech, it's kind of interesting that he's alienated so many guys who disagree with the mainstream thought on the board. I myself have received "warnings" when I spoke out on various threads. A lot of guys just got sick of it and decided to leave....

Yeah, I asked him about that on his speaking tour. He said he trusts his admins to ban people properly and was okay with people who have thousands upon thousands of posts getting banned because they don't have the power to delete posts and they don't want to have someone accumulating a lot of posts that could be associated to him through the forum and tarnish his name. That was the jist of what I got out of his answer anyway. Still, going through old threads feels like taking a haunted walk. Makes you fearful to post tbh fam

As far as Golden Age goes - the forum and roosh's writing was about game back when I needed game, and now its about right wing politics now that I've become more focused on that. I feel like we're all on a similar journey through time

I don't know. If you look at posts from 2008 to 2011 and compare them to current posts, the current stuff is much better. I think a lot of the reason for it was that early on, there were guys who were more interested in getting into pissing contests with each other than they were posting helpful information. That's a lot of the way the Naughty Nomad Forum presently is, but I think that forum has also improved.

Quote: (07-18-2016 12:39 PM)steak Wrote:  

There was a time when there was no data about the world, then datasheets started coming out. Then certain clubs became packed with foreigners seemingly in direct causation with what was being posted on this forum, I saw it in multiple cities. There is a certain club in Bangkok that was posted about not even that extensively, now filled white people. Maybe not completely the forum but if you google about clubs in some foreign countries rvf is on the first page of search results.

Because this forum is not member only there are thousands of people who could take information and then suddenly that amazing spot you know is not that great anymore. So I think guys are definitely being a little bit more careful due to the open status of this site and as a result we see less awesome datasheets.

There is no real peak though this remains an iconic part of the internet and it is run quite well.

One thing I love is the increasing interest within this community about stoicism. Listening to Roosh's video on lifestyle and QC's podcasts was enlightening I am really trying to further adopt the no nonsense attitude they have. I think they have really locked into the correct philosphy and I hope they continue to share it in this organic form.

RIP dash global

It does make me feel slightly rustled when I visit some bar street abroad and 5-10 years ago it was only a few foreign faces and now you have the Ryan Air crowd and fat white girls. And these people have no idea the exploration of those who came before. Many clubs abroad are now impossible to tell apart from a club at home.

There are many benefits to the world getting smaller, but not for gaming.

Quote: (07-18-2016 01:25 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I don't know. If you look at posts from 2008 to 2011 and compare them to current posts, the current stuff is much better. I think a lot of the reason for it was that early on, there were guys who were more interested in getting into pissing contests with each other than they were posting helpful information. That's a lot of the way the Naughty Nomad Forum presently is, but I think that forum has also improved.

I think you might underestimate that in 2008 the internet was far less developed than it is now and that there was very little information for our kind of travel then outside World Sex Guide (p4p) and Lonely Planet type of tourist platitudes. Even a name drop of some bar in Jakarta for example would be preferable to going by LP or WSG.

I feel like the forum matured, a lot of member got good with girls and moved on to conquer other areas of life, like business, politics, culture etc...

Deus vult!

The Golden Age was before the forum became a place where jew-bashing, conspiracy theories, and soft-core white supremacy became tacitly accepted, if not encouraged.

I tuned out around then, and many other reasonable guys did so as well, or got banned for speaking out against the nonsense being pedaled by folks who spend way too much time online going down rabbit holes.

It's Roosh's forum, though, and if that's what he wants, that's what he gets, he's making the transition as an author of game manuals to an author of alt-right books, and changing the forum membership to the target market for those books correlates with his change in direction as an author.

It's only a week or two ago that I started posting again, but I just keep to the quality posts such as on careers and traveling and stay away from the covert racists and tin-foil hats. I do wish some of the more reasonable folks hadn't been banned, as they had quite a bit of positives to contribute to other sections of the forum.

Hopefully it gets better after the election or if Roosh's new book sales don't justify the turn in the forum and he makes a pivot back to game books. But in fairness, it's his forum, and that's just the way it goes, if you're a reasonable guy, just be quiet or get banned, this was originally a safe space for men, but it has now become a safe space for covert racists and conspiracy theorists, so tread lightly to avoid triggering them.

Quote: (07-18-2016 01:27 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Quote: (07-18-2016 01:25 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I think you might underestimate that in 2008 the internet was far less developed than it is now and that there was very little information for our kind of travel then outside World Sex Guide (p4p) and Lonely Planet type of tourist platitudes. Even a name drop of some bar in Jakarta for example would be preferable to going by LP or WSG.

It's interesting you say that, because way back in the day, I used to actually browse World Sex Guide for information, since there was very little information at the time. What I found was that WSG completely steered me wrong, because what those guys were looking for and what I was looking for were two completely different things. Guys on there were hyping Boca Chica and Jaco, so I went to both places. After a day in Boca Chica, I decided that I needed someone to take me two and from Santo Domingo every day, because Boca Chica was completely infested with prostitutes and that was not what I wanted. Pretty much the same with Jaco.

Quote: (07-18-2016 01:35 PM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

The Golden Age was before the forum became a place where jew-bashing, conspiracy theories, and soft-core white supremacy became tacitly accepted, if not encouraged.

I tuned out around then, and many other reasonable guys did so as well, or got banned for speaking out against the nonsense being pedaled by folks who spend way too much time online going down rabbit holes.

It's Roosh's forum, though, and if that's what he wants, that's what he gets, he's making the transition as an author of game manuals to an author of alt-right books, and changing the forum membership to the target market for those books correlates with his change in direction as an author.

It's only a week or two ago that I started posting again, but I just keep to the quality posts such as on careers and traveling and stay away from the covert racists and tin-foil hats. I do wish some of the more reasonable folks hadn't been banned, as they had quite a bit of positives to contribute to other sections of the forum.

Hopefully it gets better after the election or if Roosh's new book sales don't justify the turn in the forum and he makes a pivot back to game books. But in fairness, it's his forum, and that's just the way it goes, if you're a reasonable guy, just be quiet or get banned, this was originally a safe space for men, but it has now become a safe space for covert racists and conspiracy theorists, so tread lightly to avoid triggering them.

pls go sjw

You can't really have an intelligent debate about the fate of the manosphere without an understanding of the century-long process of social engineering, from Bernays to Steinem to Soros.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Good question and yes, the golden age has passed.

Some of the members back then were larger than life.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

2012-2014

The Fisto in SEA thread
Ali, El Mech, and Fisto in DR thread
LawDogger in Russia for the Summer thread (Cali driver's license required)
Zebra Game thread
Sargon of Akkad uber detailed approach in Japan thread
Make 6 figures in 6 months thread (when oil was peaking)

GManifesto, CMQ, WestCoast, HencredibleCasanova, Neil Skywalker (spike), Ali, El mech, Fisto, Skotch, LeightonBlackStock, BeyondBorders, RioNomad, MikeCF (when he was MikeCF), Soup, Houston, Greek kamaki (his English was interesting to read), Basil Ransom, Given McGinnis (now Excelsior), Speakeasy, Giovonny, President Carter, OG Chochemonger,2Wycked and his weekly analysis of narcissism, YMG, Hooligan Harry.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (07-18-2016 01:46 PM)Beijong Wrote:  

pls go sjw

You don't have to agree with the guy, but have some respect for members that have been here for years, you're new.

Americans are dreamers too

Lycurgus wasn't around for the golden age of Sparta. A civilisation isn't necessarily at it's peak when the most interesting builders are around.

Just my thoughts, only been lurking since 2013 so I defer to those who've been here longer on this one.

Quote: (07-18-2016 12:55 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

Now the forum values thoughtful posts about life and culture instead of what's the trend for getting chicks.

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that game, as a discipline, has been pretty thoroughly covered. The heavy lifting was done years ago; now we're just exploring niches and applying old principles to new opportunities (like the addition of Tinder to online dating or Pokemon Go as a day game hack).

Think about it: if someone gave you a compilation of Roissy, Roosh, and Rollo's archives from, say, 2007-2011, you'd have 99% of what you need to master game. Hell, the Sixteen Commandments alone covers most of the major concepts. Once you've conquered approach anxiety, learned abundance mentality, cultivated outcome independence, built a strong inner game, etc., you really don't stand much to gain from endlessly debating the minutiae.

Quote: (07-18-2016 12:57 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

For game, travel, and lifestyle the golden age was around 2010-2014, for right wing politics the golden age is right now

Agreed. From one of my posts in the Donald Trump thread:

Quote:Quote:

It really is breathtaking how the Trump campaign has completely changed the energy level and general attitude of our Forum.

If you were around the past few years and stopped by Everything Else from time to time, you were essentially given a play-by-play of how completely the Left was winning the culture war. Rape hoaxes, gay marriage, tranny bathrooms, blatant anti-white propaganda, GamerGate, migrant invasions, college kangaroo courts, Black Lives Matter, nonstop promotion of the feminist agenda, mass censorship by nearly every media outlet, Ferguson, Rotherham, Paris, Cologne, safe spaces, trigger alerts, RealTalkers getting doxxed/fired for revealing HateFacts, Roosh world tour protests and meetup cancellations...

From when I joined the RVF in 2012, to just before Trump's campaign announcement last summer, the leftist push seemed to go from a river to a flood to a tidal wave. Reactions here ranged from "guys, we should do something about this" to "just when I thought it couldn't get any worse" to "fuck it, let it burn to the ground." Lizard of Oz penned a great post back in 2014 (primarily about women, but relating to the general cultural milieu) prompting folks to stay positive and not let the collective idiocy ruin your personal ability to improve your own lot in life. That's how bad things were getting, that we needed constant reminders to stay positive and not lose all hope.

But now...it's like day has finally broken after a long, cold, stormy night.

Does this thread have any point besides creating drama and re-igniting old beefs and issues we already moved past?

These things didn't just happen out of the blue. They happened IN RESPONSE to what's been going on in society. In the past eight years it's been open season on mainstream white, heterosexual male culture and the media is leading the charge.

Working in media, I saw this first-hand. The kind of articles I'd usually write started getting spiked or voted down and editors began to tell me what opinions I could have -- all of which were politically correct. There was a drastic change between 2008 and 2013. This was one of the reasons I left.

Most of what you read in the media isn't overtly anti-white. But there is a general "narrative" the media follows. And when people see Jewish names again and again in newspapers or black faces again and again on TV declaring open season on whites, they eventually start to resent it.

Why shouldn't white people stand up for their own culture in response? Who is to say that is wrong? And who APPOINTED the person who gets to tell us that's wrong?

One thing I like about the forum -- and the various Twitter accounts I follow -- is that people are finally starting to question why being proud of European heritage is deemed "white supremacy" by the media.

In addition, instead of thinking people on the forum are Jew-bashing or white supremacists, why not question how these things are defined? Because the media (and by, association our social mores) now tell is that any pro-white statement is "racist" and anything questioning the Jews is "anti-semitism." The same things people said in the Reagan or Clinton era are now suspect. It's society that's changed.

I'm personally getting tired of ethnic groups that feel they're above reproach. As a member of an ethnic group -- Italians -- I don't feel this way at all. We developed the mafia and brought it to the U.S. So, we get stereotyped as criminals. That's because WE WERE CRIMINALS and sometimes still are.

If you're part of a group getting stereotyped, odds are it's for a reason -- just like with my people. Maybe you and I don't deserve these stereotypes personally, but our ethnic groups do -- otherwise they wouldn't have come up. I can't think of a stereotype that doesn't have truth to it -- whether it's based on ethnicity, gender, or even people's professions.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh. But I see mainstream media culture as a gigantic whitewash of reality and the manosphere as one of the few places that confronts the real world head on -- even when it's uncomfortable.

Finally, as for overt racism, I don't see anyone on here indulging in out-and-out stupidity, such as name-calling or ethnic slurs (i.e. "Shut up, you dumb Wop!). I'd leave if people were doing that. But if people present arguments and statistics, I'm open to listening even if I'm uncomfortable with it or if it reflects badly on me or my group. Because I'm sure not going to get anything resembling the truth from the mainstream media.