rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

World of Tanks RVF clan (PC)

I just started playing this game. Anyone looking to burn time on a game that doesn't require a lot of investment or hardware power is welcomed to join me. It's completely free to play unless you want to pay money to buy upgrades and special tanks. You don't really need them since people buying the special tanks are rare and you can work toward all upgrades on your own merit.

I prefer artillery or tank destroyers. Retards that can't drive or even utilize the most basic armored platoon tactics are very common, so all you really need to gain an edge is have a cohesive team.

You start with a light tank and gain a monetary bonus for completing their training module. Once you buy a 3rd tier vehicle you get premium account status for 3 days. This just means you gain more money and experience per match(slightly).

The controls can be confusing as they are set up, so I'd suggest customizing your keyboard layout. I have no problem with moving, communicating and shooting fluidly after doing so.

Oh yea, my gamer I.D. is Tony_Sandos

Would be very interested once I get my new computer in a month or so. I've played the very good mobile version, but my account for that is too closely linked to me personally, so I'll have to make a new account for this.

But I'd love to play with some other guys, because if you're tactically organized you will absolutely destroy most random teams.

The most infuriating thing is when you poke out from behind a wall/corner to get a quick shot, then some faggot drives up right behind you so when you try to reverse back in you can't, and the enemy is free to shoot at you. Not a good thing for the blood pressure.

Edit: I prefer medium-heavy tanks, and those that have medium damage and quick reload than heavy damage and slow reload.

I've played this game since 2010, much less now since RL gets in the way. It's pretty fun if you can get a decent team together and kick ass.

Quote: (07-17-2016 01:25 PM)britchard Wrote:  

The most infuriating thing is when you poke out from behind a wall/corner to get a quick shot, then some faggot drives up right behind you so when you try to reverse back in you can't, and the enemy is free to shoot at you. Not a good thing for the blood pressure.

My God, I don't know why this is so common. This is what I mean by the average dumbass on the server not knowing how to drive or use tactics. Is it some troll/selfish strategy?

I won't mind playing with lower level players once this gets off the ground. It's more enjoyable to have a good team than have powerful members.

Quote: (07-17-2016 01:43 PM)TonySandos Wrote:  

I won't mind playing with lower level players once this gets off the ground. It's more enjoyable to have a good team than have powerful members.

Tier 5 - 8 is the sweet spot. That's where the most iconic vehicles of WW2 are, and the maps don't feel too big or small. Balancing is IMO best at these tiers also.

Tiers 8-10 are kind of scary. Guns are powerful enough to fire and penetrate armor across the map (expect to die in 2-3 hits), so things turn into a campfest. It can still be fun, but overall there is much more pressure considering the greater costs of even minor mistakes.

IMO the key to the game isn't firepower or armor but speed. Some German general said that the tank's engine is a weapon just as important as the gun and I support this notion fully.

Quote: (07-17-2016 01:43 PM)TonySandos Wrote:  

Quote: (07-17-2016 01:25 PM)britchard Wrote:  

My God, I don't know why this is so common. This is what I mean by the average dumbass on the server not knowing how to drive or use tactics. Is it some troll/selfish strategy?

How fast is the progression through the tiers on the PC version? On mobile I could get to tier 5 in about 3 or 4 hours of gameplay, is it the same on PC?

What would be best is if our clan was able to organise the platoons in to tiers, so that tier 5 tanks weren't up against tier 8 tanks.

Yes. I have both versions and now prefer the PC version due to seeing slightly more team work prevail and the additional features. The mobile version is easier to run up a tally of kills, but harder to make money as you progress in tiers.

The tier-pairing mechanism is set up so that the heaviest vehicles decide the ceiling for what tier the opposing team will be. Heavy tanks are considered the top rung just like in the mobile version, tank destroyers sort of play this role and the next position lower depending on the rank of the vehicle itself. Medium tanks and artillery come next. Light tanks are at the bottom.

For organizational suggestions, I'd say:

Highest tier: Medium tanks and then heavies being a tier lower or equal.
Next highest: Tank destroyers due to shear damage they can affect on vehicles up to two tiers higher. You need good survivability (real life, not the game statistic) of your TDs' to make them effective.
Next lowest: Light tanks in sufficient numbers to confuse and agitate. These players can utilize whatever elite/mastered light tanks they have to gain money and experience for the tier they're trying to unlock.
Lowest: Artillery can still cause sufficient damage up to three tiers in difference and as along as it's within three tiers of difference between it's allies and enemies, no experience/coin penalty will be levied on the team.

Our numbers of tanks by type should look somewhat like this:

Heavy, Medium, Tank Destroyer, Light, Artillery
0-1/2/2/2/0-1 for a seven player game
1/4/2/5/3 for a fifteen player game

I play this game, mostly on the European server. I do however, also have an account on the North American server, but on the NA server my highest tier tank at the moment is tier 5.

Sounds interesting, I'll check it out when I have some spare time.

How much room do I need to install this? I can make more room on my hard drive but I put it on a partition with ~18 gigs free and still ran out of room during the install.

To answer my own question, apparently north of 30 gigs. Alright then.

yea 31 according to their site. I have ample room on mine, so I'm not sure which number is more accurate

I think if you had a good team composition and organization, you would absolutely destroy other teams. In most matches tank destroyers are more ineffective than they should be.

I'm trying to start a World of Skanks clan....
Can I do it here or should I start a new thread?

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Sure man do what you want

Quote: (07-18-2016 10:49 AM)TonySandos Wrote:  

Sure man do what you want

Is World of Tanks cross platform from Xbox to PC? Cause its free on Xbox one.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Does cross platform multiplayer exist? Last time I tried was co-op Doom between mac and pc in 1995. Didn't work very well.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Unfortunately I don't think they even offer cross-platforming. I'd check again with their website if you want to be sure.

It's free to play regardless of platform, which is convenient for not investing in games

Oh wow this is great. I play the game sometimes but I play World of Warships primarily. I have currently the Yamato, Tirpitz, and Roon. It would be nice if some guys would join up for a 3 man division for match or two a few times. I almost always play cruisers and battleships.

On world of tanks I'm only up to tier 3 on the Germans and lower tiers for the other nations. I have a liking to of German ships and tanks.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Fiat Jiustitia, et pereat mundus
They can be white, black, nice, fat, just need a crevasse to put my pipe at."- Tech n9ne

"Just because there's a bun in the oven doesn't mean you can't use the stove" - Dain_bramage.

I was hoping that historical accuracy on German technology during WW2 would be involved in the game, so I picked the Germans immediately... doesn't seem to be the case.

I may download warships since you said it's fun. What's your handle?

Quote: (07-19-2016 01:12 AM)TonySandos Wrote:  

I was hoping that historical accuracy on German technology during WW2 would be involved in the game, so I picked the Germans immediately... doesn't seem to be the case.

I may download warships since you said it's fun. What's your handle?

Yeah if you want more accuracy in tank models then War Thunder is great.

My handle, or at least the one on here should be changed.

For World of Tanks and Warships it is : Dane_brammage. Feel free to message me on the private messaging thing on here if anyone is interested.

In order to hit a moving ship from a moving ship there's a bit of leading the target to do. Once you can use the binoculars well its quite easy.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Fiat Jiustitia, et pereat mundus
They can be white, black, nice, fat, just need a crevasse to put my pipe at."- Tech n9ne

"Just because there's a bun in the oven doesn't mean you can't use the stove" - Dain_bramage.

I made a Discord channel under my same username for world of tanks and world of warships. I made a RVF voice chant room in there too. The room's name is BukkakeTheater if you search it. Each one is open so you can come and go as you want and use it as a voice chat room.

Link good for 24 hours. When it expires I'll post one on request

https://discord.gg/kytE8

I played hard for a while but had to cut loose because of the time drain. Loved trolling before the battle started with "TRUMP 2016!!!!!!!!!" and triggering the leftists. Got teamkilled a few times for it though. I did notice over the months a lot more Trump supporters would chime in than earlier in the year.

Had both KV-1 and GW Panther up in stats pretty high, but did not want to pay actual $/gold for stuff so it's hard to grind any higher for free.

Watch QuickyBaby's youtube channel if you want to get good skills and inspiration.

GLHF!