rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Whiny, entitled girl says - My Dad Sucks

I saw this article on a site called Total Sorority Move - a site that tries to mimic the male behavior of Total Fraternity Move. It's disturbing because of the content (a girl hates her dad because he's a good dad who tries to teach her to be a better person), the timing (Father's Day weekend) and the comments from other college women.

Basically, this is a disrespectful, entitled American princess (she calls herself Snow White) writing an article about how she hates her dad and blames him for a lot of her problems. Did he leave when she was born? No, he was an involved father who supported his family. Did he beat her? No. Was he a pedophile? No. So what is her problem with him exactly? Below is the text with my notes.

Quote:Quote:

My dad kind of sucks. I guess I can’t really complain. He isn’t an alcoholic. He never caused me any physical harm. He didn’t abandon my family or leave my mom to struggle as a single mom. He’s just not a great guy.

Really? Because he sounds pretty great so far. In every way he filled the role of a provider-father and avoided many of the vices that harm families.

Even when I was younger, I was never really a “daddy’s girl.” I don’t know how I was able to recognize it so young, but I would see the way he treated my mom and the way they bickered. The way he under-appreciated the things she’d go out of her way to do for him, pick on her for the way she handled her finances, make her feel like nothing she ever did was enough. I’d see the way he’d make her feel so small, and they way she tried to conceal it and pretend like nothing was wrong around my siblings and me. But I could see it.

Here we start to see it, he occasionally argued with her mom and "under-appreciated" the things she did. She doesn't go into it, but I guarantee she's talking about cleaning the house or baking a birthday cake - the things a good wife is supposed to do. I wonder how much he was under-appreciated for providing for the family. Further, he told her mom she was spending too much money. That one stuck for her. I pity her future husband as she spends through his money, then divorces him when he runs out.

The years went by. He never skipped out on a Christmas. He never forgot a birthday or anniversary. He was a good man that supported his family. Yet, something was just not right. As I got older, he started treating me more like an adult. He’d unleash his worries on me. He’d talk to me about his marital problems with my mom. It was a heavy weight on my young shoulders. After each of these talks I’d get a nervous and guilty feeling (which I now know is anxiety). After each of these talks I would try to be as perfect and good as I could be. One less thing my parents would have to stress about.

Again, the guy is thanklessly caring for his family. Now she's a little older so he starts to shatter her princess fantasy by explaining how adults behave and how to be a better wife than her mother. This is the moment she starts to really resent him. Had he been abusive, she would have loved him, but how dare he shatter the fantasy!! How dare he require her to consider a life outside of her emotions.

Then it was off to college. I tried my hardest in class. Worked multiple jobs. Never did any drugs. I was doing my best. Did I party with my friends? Yes. Did I wear tight dresses and high heels. Sure. Did that make me a bad daughter? Absolutely not. Even after moving out, those talks continued. But this time, they shifted to me. I was an emotional wreck. I felt like I couldn’t do anything right. If I wasn’t going to church every Sunday in a turtleneck, or volunteering with a charity on Friday nights, then I might as well have been working on the corner smoking crack. I was never enough. I felt constantly judged.

Some of his good parenting rubbed off on her, she studied, worked and avoided drugs (which she says as if these things are massive accomplishments). But she was also partying. In another article she says that she has, at around 20 years old, a "low" notch count of 5 (add several to that and don't count the multitude of BJs she admits to giving). Again, her dad told her ways to improve - the modern definition of mental abuse.

I tried working it out. Talking out our differences. It was a lose/lose situation. I would have him in my life, and feel miserable because I was constantly getting verbal lashes. Or I would shut him out, and feel like a terrible person for abandoning my family. No one wants to be the girl with “daddy issues.” I’d think about this title often. Did I have daddy issues? Or did I just have issues with my dad? Are those two even different?

Looking to avoid the one person in her life who is honest with her and doesn't reinforce her fantasy world, she mostly abandons her family.

I wish we were close, and I hate to say it, but my life is better without him. There were a lot of hurtful, degrading things said that no daughter should ever hear from her father. But you know what? It doesn’t really bother me anymore. I know who I am, and it was none of those names he was calling me. I wish we could live cohesively in one another’s life, but that’s just not feasible. We’re two very different people. If he were a guy I was dating, any relationship expert would tell me to pack my bags and run. But you can’t choose your family, and you can’t break up with them.

Guarantee she means he said she could lose some weight.

Maybe one day we can foster a relationship. I don’t hate him. I don’t blame all of my life’s issues on a bad relationship with my dad. Truthfully, I’m strong. I’m independent. I don’t go from guy to guy looking to fill a void. I’m in a really great place. Maybe one day he’ll see that. Maybe one day he won’t. Either way, I’ll be alright..

Strong and independent. She forgot brave...so brave.

Here are some comments:

wow, you put into words what I haven’t been able to explain to anyone. thank you.

My life in a nutshell living with a narcissistic father

All the things you said were spot on, you put what I’ve been thinking my whole life in words.

And it continues that way for about 25 responses.

http://totalsororitymove.com/my-dad-sucks/

Another mentally ill adjusted entitled cunt, trying to make problems where none exsist.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

What brought you to that site?
http://totalsororitymove.com/user/snow-white/
A list of accomplishments.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Fucked mother has driven father to alcoholism and convinced daughter that father is the problem.

Bang difficulty 1%.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (06-19-2016 01:59 AM)spokepoker Wrote:  

What brought you to that site?
http://totalsororitymove.com/user/snow-white/
A list of accomplishments.

Mostly for the sorority recruitment videos. But it's turning into another feminist stronghold.

Quote: (06-19-2016 01:33 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

But you know what? It doesn’t really bother me anymore.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Every line of this resembles - no, IS - a Basic Bitch overdramatic boyfriend breakup letter, complete with the obligatory declaration of strong and empowered independence.

C'mon, I can't be the only forum member who has received multiple versions of this from women. And you and I know what it really means.

No one wants to be the girl with “daddy issues.”

Come on, Ms. Typist: you can admit it. It's 2016. No-one's going to judge you negatively for having a sexual attraction to your Dad, who is always controlling and negging you. Salon will probably throw you a parade.

She'll be 'accidentally' texting him on Christmas Day. "Oh, my mistake... ... so, how are you doing?"

He called her out for riding the cock carrousel and judging by her article resume, he was in the right.

"How To Convince A Guy You’re Not A Slut, Even If You Kind Of Are"

"Baking For A Guy Is Low Key Sluttier Than Banging Him"

"The Penis That Got Away"

"The Time A Guy Mistook A Sugar Packet For A Condom And Temporarily Blinded Me"

What I can't get over is putting myself in the father's situation. Here's a guy who put in years of discipline and care into raising a child, and in the course of a few years at college all his work was undone. Now his daughter's become a drugged out sorority slut in spite of all his effort to steer her away from bad influences. I want to have kids at some point, but the speed with which modern western culture can corrupt people so quickly is frightening. Finding a good wife in the west is like searching for piece of hay in a stack of needles dipped in poison.

"Their emotional waves will swamp you if you're just quietly-floating, so you need to learn to surf." - AnonymousBosch

||Learn How to Sing Datasheet||

Quote: (06-19-2016 02:46 AM)King of Monkeys Wrote:  

What I can't get over is putting myself in the father's situation. Here's a guy who put in years of discipline and care into raising a child, and in the course of a few years at college all his work was undone. Now his daughter's become a drugged out sorority slut in spite of all his effort to steer her away from bad influences. I want to have kids at some point, but the speed with which modern western culture can corrupt people so quickly is frightening. Finding a good wife in the west is like searching for piece of hay in a stack of needles dipped in poison.

And somebody, somewhere is rubbing their hands with glee at the destruction they have wrought.

So, that father's daughter turned out to be a cock hopping whore and she thinks her Dad is a bad guy?

If my daughter turns out to be a moral failure I would hope she would have a low opinion of me. That means she knows that I do not approve of her life choices.

Worst case would be this cock riding slut saying how awesome her Dad is, and how he bankrolls her waste of life.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (06-19-2016 01:33 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

I wish we were close, and I hate to say it, but my life is better without him. There were a lot of hurtful, degrading things said that no daughter should ever hear from her father. But you know what? It doesn’t really bother me anymore. I know who I am, and it was none of those names he was calling me. I wish we could live cohesively in one another’s life, but that’s just not feasible. We’re two very different people. If he were a guy I was dating, any relationship expert would tell me to pack my bags and run. But you can’t choose your family, and you can’t break up with them.

Guarantee she means he said she could lose some weight.
[/quote]

With her fixation on tight dresses/makeup etc. my money's on that he lost his shit and called her a slut, and/or a lush because she visited home stinking of alcohol and/or weed once in a while (because, as BJs don't count as sex, marijuana isn't a real drug either). The alcohol's more likely: she fixates on the fact he's not an alcoholic, and she's careful to point out she never did drugs, but likes to "party" (whatever the fuck that means anymore.)

If he did call her that, he wasn't holding parental frame sufficiently. A father doesn't need to throw insults at his kid to express his displeasure; a father who's sure of his position in the home can convey disapproval with a glance, and can convey hard truths without raising his voice one decibel.

That aside, he made a cardinal mistake, one provider fathers of the past didn't: he discussed his marital problems with his daughter (assuming this was not an exaggeration on her part). On this neither traditional parenting advice or modern hippie child psychology agree: kids can't be slammed into adulthood all at once. Half the function of parenting is to keep a shield between the kid and the stresses of the world, until they're old enough to cope with it. That shield can be slowly lowered over time, but it's fucking stupid to start speculating whether wifey is banging Boris the Pool Boy with your daughter. That's the sort of conversation you have with an adult child, if at all.

Possibly he mistook some airheaded asshole's advice to try and "identify" or "connect" with his kid by sharing some common problems he had with her, or (probably) like a lot of men he didn't have any place outside the home to go and shoot the shit with other guys who'd keep their mouths shut. And you could argue he was probably the sort of father who didn't like the wife, but knew he was going to get anally fucked if he divorced, so he was careful to tick the boxes.

But either way, remember this: your kid is not your friend. In a normal parent-child relationship there is always a massive power imbalance, and it's wholly on the parent's side. That power can be easily abused, whether your intentions are good or ill. You can no more be a dictionary-definition "friend" to your kid than a slave can be a dictionary-definition "friend" to his master. The nature of the relationship does not truly allow it. Or put it another way: you cannot have the same conversations with your child that you would have with your friends.

Single mothers parent like that: it's why their daughters (and often, sons) harbour a concealed rage, because for the better part of 20 years they need a judgemental parent, and instead, they got a nonjudgemental friend.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

90 percent of what she said is annoying. But she's right about 10 percent:

"He’d talk to me about his marital problems with my mom. It was a heavy weight on my young shoulders. After each of these talks I’d get a nervous and guilty feeling (which I now know is anxiety). After each of these talks I would try to be as perfect and good as I could be. One less thing my parents would have to stress about."

This isn't something parents ever did until Baby Boomers became parents. When that happened, parents became friends with their kids and they developed dysfunctional relationships sometimes called "surrogate spouses."

This is where one parent doesn't get along with the other and uses a kid of the same gender in their place. Ew. Shows the weakness of the Baby Boomers. Your kids are not your confidantes. Go to a friggin' Moose Lodge or something if you want buddies.

That said, this alone doesn't warrant her ire. She seems like a malcontent who will find fault with any man or anything. In the old days, it was a surprise to find out women were like this.

Today, we can see patterns of behavior by tracking things like stories they write or comments they make on Facebook. I have a female friend on Facebook from high school, and 100 percent of her postings are complaints. I've refused to get together with her, because I'll then be the complaint. In the old days, I never would have seen that.

God help the man who ends up marrying women like this.

Okay guys I'm going to say this once more as it bodes repeating:

STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT WOMEN ARE:
  • Thinking.
  • Feeling.
  • Saying.
  • Worrying About.
  • Bitching About.
  • Gossiping About.
  • Nagging About.
  • Asking For.
  • Demand.
Your life will be infinitely more peaceful and productive. From what I caught by glancing over the post the wench's father was doing exactly that ;-)

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

To me she is typical of women on the coasts of the US between the age of 18 and 40. Entitled, spoiled, narcissist....I wouldnt be surprised at the number of selfies on her facebook page with 5000 friends.

I also fault the father. It seems as "treating her like an adult" he was trying to be her friend rather than her father.

There is a piece in the June Mensa Bulletin titled "A Childless Father" about a divorced father who tried to be strict with his daughter (mother had primary custody) and had contact cut off years ago. It's really heartbreaking. I recommend reading it if you can find a copy.

Ha! One of you guys posted my response and it didn't go over well. 50 downvotes! The responses are what we'd expect - dismissing the father's contribution and criticizing his lack of "emotional support". "Emotional support" is code for reinforcing the princess fantasy.

You can upvote it without having to create an account. Let's see how high we can get it.

You hit the nail on the head with this one. This hit close to home for me.

When my parents divorce before i hit my teen years, my mother for many years poured out her relationship problems out to me at a young age all all through out my teens until I stood up to her. Did not help that she was materialistic and a feminist.

Sent me into years of therapy, then found the forums and now trying desperately hard to undo this conditioning by breaking off contact with her, surrounding myself with strong masculine male role models and doing martial arts.

Quote: (06-19-2016 10:36 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

"He’d talk to me about his marital problems with my mom. It was a heavy weight on my young shoulders. After each of these talks I’d get a nervous and guilty feeling (which I now know is anxiety). After each of these talks I would try to be as perfect and good as I could be. One less thing my parents would have to stress about."

This isn't something parents ever did until Baby Boomers became parents. When that happened, parents became friends with their kids and they developed dysfunctional relationships sometimes called "surrogate spouses."

This is where one parent doesn't get along with the other and uses a kid of the same gender in their place. Ew. Shows the weakness of the Baby Boomers. Your kids are not your confidantes. Go to a friggin' Moose Lodge or something if you want buddies.

That said, this alone doesn't warrant her ire. She seems like a malcontent who will find fault with any man or anything. In the old days, it was a surprise to find out women were like this.

Today, we can see patterns of behavior by tracking things like stories they write or comments they make on Facebook. I have a female friend on Facebook from high school, and 100 percent of her postings are complaints. I've refused to get together with her, because I'll then be the complaint. In the old days, I never would have seen that.

Quote: (06-19-2016 02:45 AM)bigrich Wrote:  

I can't stand the stupid lingo these girls use. As some of you are aware, I have a twenty one year old sister living with me this summer.

We had Sunday dinner and according to her the quality of the food was "toats low key, like, goals" or some derivative of those words. It means good.

This bitchs dad was literally unable to understand her.

Aloha!

Quote: (06-19-2016 10:00 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Ha! One of you guys posted my response and it didn't go over well. 50 downvotes! The responses are what we'd expect - dismissing the father's contribution and criticizing his lack of "emotional support". "Emotional support" is code for reinforcing the princess fantasy.

You can upvote it without having to create an account. Let's see how high we can get it.

Clicked. Triggered.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (06-19-2016 11:10 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Quote: (06-19-2016 10:00 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Clicked. Triggered.

We can go here and upvote all of his comments.
http://totalsororitymove.com/user/rainbo...n=comments

What the hell does this mean?

Does she mean baking for a guy is sluttier or less slutty than banging him?

If this is a college educated chick who doesn't party that much (according to herself), how far away is Idiocracy? 2020~2025 at this rate?

Quote: (06-19-2016 10:15 PM)Lucario Wrote:  

You hit the nail on the head with this one. This hit close to home for me.

When my parents divorce before i hit my teen years, my mother for many years poured out her relationship problems out to me at a young age all all through out my teens until I stood up to her. Did not help that she was materialistic and a feminist.

Sent me into years of therapy, then found the forums and now trying desperately hard to undo this conditioning by breaking off contact with her, surrounding myself with strong masculine male role models and doing martial arts.

Quote: (06-19-2016 10:36 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

I believe this is called emotional incest. Have an older friend(50), very well kept for her age, deceased husband, 2 teen brats(the daughter is her confidante). Yet all her friends her age wonder why such catch is single. Super nice woman but just can't see past her fucked up mistakes as a mother and adult which create her singlehood.
Unfortunate because everything else in her life is damn near perfect, french descent, in shape, sober living, cooks healthy, cleans, caring, but there is something off you notice right away

I'm slightly encouraged by one of the girls posting.

This girl is listed as "Big" so she's been posting for a while - I'm guessing it's not one of us.

Ansleydeltapi
Honestly some of this was a bit harsh (and I agree with other commenters that baking cakes and cleaning isn’t a mandatory part of the wife’s duties), but I do think you have some good points. Women tend to express themselves and communicate differently than women, and no one is perfect (including OP and both her parents). Father’s tend to be the most overly criticized and under appreciated family members, and just because OP didn’t learn to get along with her dad doesn’t mean he’s the villain. He sounds like a normal, realistic human being, and probably deserves a little more respect than he’s getting from his daughter. Also ALL parents argue sometimes, that’s nothing unusual at all. It does sound like OP has been living in a bit of a fantasy world, and I hope she can repair her relationship with her father. I bet he is genuinely sad that his own daughter feels this way and would be heartbroken if he read this article ?

Ansleydeltapi
El oh el. This sounds like a case of the kid being rebellious and thinking she can do whatever she wants because she’s a know-it-all, and her dad calling her out on it like a good parent because he wanted to stop her from going down the wrong path (which btw is every parent’s right and duty). But instead of thinking maybe, just maybe, she could be doing the wrong thing, she blames her dad for “oppressing” her and cuts him out of her life. What ever happened to fucking respect? People are supposed to respect their parents by default, whether they agree with their parents or not. Sounds like her dad isn’t perfect, but she’s definitely not perfect either.

Reason #197 not to date a typical American girl. These girls should respect any father who treated them like this - instead it's completely ass-backwards.

Toxic female herd mentality pity party.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

That site is hilarious!

http://totalsororitymove.com/7-reasons-w...rly-sucks/

7 Reasons Why The “Define The Relationship” Talk Majorly Sucks
[Image: womanhamster.gif]

One the worst talks you could have with a guy, besides telling him you missed your last period, is the “relationship” talk. The one where you decide to cut the shit and figure out what, if anything, is going on. What are we? What are we doing? Where is this going? The talk I’ve probably had twenty-five times in my head and like five IRL (most times, thank God, blackout drunk so I don’t actually remember them). No matter how many times you’ve done it, it doesn’t get any easier because the truth is, the Define The Relationship talk majorly blows.

1. It’s fucking awkward.
I mean how do you introduce them? “Hey this is my fuck buddy, but we hang out during the day and sometimes grab lunch.” “Yeah this is my friend, who I occasionally bang.” If you’re unsure of where your “relationship” stands, just think of how confused your friends are. My tip, although frowned upon by many, is to take a couple of shots beforehand. Sure, it’s a serious talk, but a lot of people seriously need a drink (or three) before having it.

2. How do you even bring it up?
When’s the best time to ask where this “relationship” is going? While he’s going down on you? After you’ve just had sex? In the car on the way to Taco Bell at 2 a.m.? I don’t know about you, but I’m not trying to scare off a guy after we just got down and dirty. But I’m also not about to risk the convo if we didn’t just get down and dirty. It’s not an easy decision.

3. It’s an annoying topic.
Especially when you can’t get a straight answer. The DTR talk is hard enough, but getting confusing answers that dance around the subject is even worse. You like me but you’re not looking for anything serious? You don’t want to see anyone else but you also don’t want to be my boyfriend? You’re scared of commitment but you want to hang out every day? Le sigh.

4. He’s confused, but doesn’t actually care enough to figure it out.
Let’s face it, if you’re unsure of what’s actually going on with your so called relationship, then there isn’t enough there. He is simply there to get what he wants without the strings attached. Don’t hold out hope for the guy who’ll only text you after 1 a.m. while he’s shit-faced doing one last look around the bar to find someone to bring home. Sure he likes you, but if he liked you enough, he would have done something about it, right?

5. There are so many options of what your “relationship title” can be.
Maybe you’re a friends with benefits situation, or just fuck buddies. Maybe you’re testing the waters and eventually going to get to the boyfriend-girlfriend label. The worst part is that every person has their own definition of each title, and unless it’s the one that works for you, it will never be enough.

6. You might end up disappointed.
There’s no guarantee that your “special friend” feels the same way. So when you finally build up the courage to sit him down and talk about what you want, you don’t know where the conversation is going to go, especially if you don’t talk about feelings often. Unless you’ve had a previous chat about it and things were looking good, there’s a chance he may not want the same things from your relationship. And then you’re left with an even more awkward conversation to deal with.

7. If it doesn’t end well, you’re basically screwed (but not in a good way).
Well, now that you’ve opened your big mouth about the situation. You cried, he felt weird, and then he explained that he’s a no-strings-attached kinda guy. Now you’ve lost a fuck-buddy and you feel like you just got dumped. But the worse part? You were never actually tied down in the beginning.

My advice, since I’m pretty much a pro at this point, is to not have the chat at all. Get drunk, do your thing, have sex, and don’t bring it up. If anything, try and lure him in and eventually he’ll bring it up himself. Make him laugh, have a good time, use witchcraft. Whatever it is, if it’s right, he’ll want to be the one to tie you down. Literally and figuratively. At which point you put on the act of being nonchalant and unaware, like you didn’t even consider being official. Call me shady, but when you’re the one changing your status from “single” to “in a relationship,” remember who told you how to do it..

ps_anonymous (from New Jersey, WB until we had a relationship talk)
[Image: e52148518915f99c2c044d34e5f80d6c.jpg]
Can be found chugging vodka sours at the bar or roaming the mall spending money she doesn't have. In her free time she shit talks, stalks random people on Insta, and survives on Starbucks. Sex tips and hate mail can be sent to: [email protected]

[Image: laugh5.gif]