rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which city can be considered a fashion capital - Toronto or Montreal?

I was having a discussion with Rudebwoy about Toronto being the 'NYC' of Canada by being a financial, business, entertainment AND Fashion capital. Rudebwoy did not agree with fashion, stating that Montreal lead in that department especially with diversity and actually set fashion trends, influencing Toronto and the rest of Canada with these trends.

Now, although I do prefer European fashion, I don't know necessarily if a city follows European fashion, it automatically means that the city in mention is automatically shot to number one place. Montreal definitely has more of a European feel to it, with behaviour as well as clothing and Toronto is more American, giving a feel of a watered down New York.

I post this to the fashion experts out there particularly those familiar with Canada, Toronto and Montreal and knowledgeable of their fashion most importantly from a cultural level which I think lays claim to when a particular city gets the label fashion capital.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Canada's not a fashionable country. Yeah Montreal has a more European flavor to it, and it's probably better for shopping, and the women tend to be more put together... so, Montreal wins.

PS Toronto sucks shit, I've ranted on other threads about that

Considering they're both land-locked cities with a history of being about twenty years behind New York on everything, I'd say they're about on par with fucking Des Moines, Iowa in terms of fashion. Montreal wins between the two just because they have more fags and hipsters.

Outside of these two cities and Vancouver, if you dress like a Euro-weenie in Canada you'll probably get called a faggot and beat up.

I know that in the grand scheme of things, that their fashion is dead but in regards to the rest of what Canada has to offer, where do the two stand in the race WITHIN Canada?

You lot have to bare your chest, R_Niko, you can't be Canadian and claim the place sucks! Come on, bro, let's hear the objective critique!

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (04-16-2016 12:30 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Outside of these two cities and Vancouver, if you dress like a Euro-weenie in Canada you'll probably get called a faggot and beat up.

thats true , specially guys. i find guys in ottawa dont dress very well, but girls here dont give a lot of importance on that.

Lol this is true.

I rolled up to Brandon, Manitoba a couple years ago visiting an old friend who went to school there.

Dressed in a pink slim fit button-down with a blazer on top & regular Levi's & also had an umbrella with me because it was raining. They never use umbrellas in the prairies apparently. People were looking at me like i came from another planet.

Quote: (04-16-2016 12:51 AM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

Lol this is true.

I rolled up to Brandon, Manitoba a couple years ago visiting an old friend who went to school there.

Dressed in a pink slim fit button-down with a blazer on top & regular Levi's & also had an umbrella with me because it was raining. They never use umbrellas in the prairies apparently. People were looking at me like i came from another planet.

You deserved it, only fags use umbrellas in Canada.

Easily Montreal based on legit brands that have come out of the city (Aldo, Mackage, Frank & Oak, many others) and simply looking at how people are dressed.

Men and Women in MTL have superior style.

Quote: (04-16-2016 12:35 AM)Moma Wrote:  

I know that in the grand scheme of things, that their fashion is dead but in regards to the rest of what Canada has to offer, where do the two stand in the race WITHIN Canada?

You lot have to bare your chest, R_Niko, you can't be Canadian and claim the place sucks! Come on, bro, let's hear the objective critique!

Toronto, in a nutshell, is a big fish in a small pond. There are no major cities closeby, Montreal is the closest and it's a five hour drive. As a result Toronto takes itself way too seriously. The whole city has hot girl syndrome, especially the hot girls.

Speaking of hot girls, every single hot girl in Canada moves to Toronto when she wants to make something of herself, ie exercise hypergamy. They're all social climbers, worse apparently than DC.

There's a housing bubble in Toronto (well all of Canada) that makes everyone think they're a millionaire in the making. Actually there are other reasons for this but the housing bubble is a big part of it--people living in shoebox condos partying on King West that think they're ballers.

Toronto is too multicultural, and that's not a xenophobic thing to say. Other cities that are multicultural have some sort of identity that unites them, eg NYC. Toronto doesn't have this, and instead is full of individuals of every race, background, ethnicity, who don't give a shit about the place they inhabit aside from their own personal gain.

Anyway this is all old news: http://www.returnofkings.com/58796/15-re...ca-for-men

Quote: (04-16-2016 02:24 AM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

Lol this is true.

According to Gavin McInnes you can get beaten up for carrying an umbrella in Glasgow, even if it's raining.

Quote: (04-16-2016 02:24 AM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

Lol this is true.

@0:22

Conveniently, an umbrella can come in pretty handy to whack rednecks who think you're a fag for carrying an umbrella.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Easily Montreal hands down, especially on the Men side. Whenever I go back, my first comment is always to say that muthaf***ers look fly down there Damn! However I don't want to beat down the Toronto guys because they're already so beaten down from the

grind of this city. Even me I had to tone it down dresswise while doing some Daygame because I was pretty much standing out too much. You can be broke in MTL, but don't you dare not looking Fly on a daily basis

Yeah one good thing about Montreal is that it's not a very materialistic city. Contrast with say, LA, where the kind of car you drive is a big part of local game.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

I'm not understanding all the hate towards Montreal and Toronto, especially regarding fashion. All I know is that based on my observations and experiences, people in Montreal and Toronto dress way better than Chicago and most American cities (NY is obviously a few notches above every other North American city for fashion). You can go out on King West or Old Montreal and be suited up to the nines and you won't be out of place. You do it in Chicago and you will stick out. Most people, especially the women in Chitown have hideous fashion sense. A place like Boston where I've also lived is even worse than Chicago.

The other nice thing about the big three Canadian cities is that I see a lot less fat people up there. So while I agree women in Toronto and Montreal are tougher nuts to crack, in my view they generally look way better than chunky Midwestern Chicago women or homely Bostonian chicks with their retaaaded accents ( although it is fun to hear them scream in that accent as they're getting pounded). As far as all these comparisons to NY, NY is in a class all by itself in terms of fashion and easy pussy and shouldn't even be used in any comparison here.

I don't want to derail this topic, but everyone says Montreal has some of the hottest women in North America. I was
curious why people think this is.

Is it the French ancestry making women better looking?
Or is it that they put more effort into dressing up and being feminine?

Quote: (04-16-2016 04:28 PM)BlueOcean Wrote:  

I don't want to derail this topic, but everyone says Montreal has some of the hottest women in North America. I was
curious why people think this is.

Is it the French ancestry making women better looking?
Or is it that they put more effort into dressing up and being feminine?

Many of the Montreal women want di cocky, so they have to dress feminine to get a man to fuck har in har poom poom.

Many of the Toronto women hate di cocky, because "patriarchy", so they dress in nasty yoga pants and revealing tops to "cocktease" men, while the same Toronto women hang around with little kids in their teaching jobs, daycare, summer camp, etc.

A Francophone Montreal woman will smile and feel flattered if a man takes interest in her pussy, but just saying "hi" to a typical Toronto woman is considered taboo, and if the Toronto woman "feels uncomfortable", she can file sexual harassment complaints.

Francophone Montreal women will not even claim that my post here is "misogynistic". Even if an insecure Francophone chick believes that my post is "misogynistic", she will still request that I do fun stuff to her pussy, after which she will change her mind.

Feminazi Toronto women will go berserk if they see my post because they are INFERIOR to Francophone women in Quebec.