rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Move to montreal or stay in ottawa ?

I am a new member in this forum, so let me introduce myself a little bit:
I am a 25 years old guy, basiaclly french speaker but my english is not that bad , I am tall and have mediterranean skin(light dark skin , a little bit like italian guys ) I lived in paris and have traveled abroad 3 times ( oslo , palma de mallorca and magaluf , and now i have been living in ottawa since 8 months)

i'am following this forum since a long time , and my decision to live in ottawa was hard , i made a lot of researches here , and most of this forum opinions was positive about ottawa, I was hesitating between ottawa and montreal. So why i have chosen ottawa not montreal ?

1. many positivs feedbacks here about this city

2. I always thought that montreal is a small paris version. why ? a big city ( bitch shields reactions) , and a lot people who looks like me ( light skin mediterranean look, or middle eastern look ..) , so i wanted to change and try somthing where i can be exotic. and i think that was a mistake.

Results :

- ottawa was obviously easier than paris ( that's not difficult ) but in contrary of paris ottawa white girls prefer white guys . In all city i have been to , ethnicity doesnt matter a lot but in ottawa it was. was that because ottawa is a gouvernement city , so basically a lot of white canadians there ??
most of girls i managed in ottawa was dark skin girls , but there are not many.

- about montreal , i went there just for one night in winter and as i dont know the best places , i was disappointed ( i was in a small bar/club in saint denis ).
the opinions in this forum about montreal was not clear , some are good some are not , the dark skin PUA guys i have met in ottawa told me that girls in montreal are easier than ottawa especially for people who looks likes me.

- i found the quality of girls and ratio in ottawa better than all the city i have been before ( paris , oslo , mallorca , montreal ) . but the guys also looks good here.

- ottawa is social circle city like paris ( french quebcois in gatineau is even worst cause its a small city) . i dont know about montreal , i have been just one night there. the nightlife is very short in ottawa comparing to paris (in paris i take my time , it lasts 4 hours at least , here its just 1h30 )

- day game is useless in ottawa , girls are not used to , they will smile to you and give you number but then they will not answer. they feel unconfortable about day game.

- Tinder is also useless , you can met girls but it's not easy as girls have advantages when it comes to online dating.

conclusion : ottawa is not that bad ( quality and ratio) , but i was expecting better in easiness , the fact that white girls are mostly into white guys surprised me ( the exotic factor for dark guys like in poland doesnt exist here)

So i should take the decision soon , I will appreciate everyone's opinions!( I would be interesting in hearing your experience with ottawa vs montreal girls)

Nice to hear from another voice based in Ottawa on RVF.

Sounds like you've already done your research, but in case you missed it, here is the datasheet on the city. I gave my impressions on life here in a post there.

Judging by what you have written, I suspect you would likely be more comfortable gaming girls in Montreal. Sounds like you have a look that would be well-received there, but more importantly, you'd be able to talk to girls in French, which would make things easier for you.

How are your logistics here in Ottawa? Are you living downtown? Do you have a car? Do you have a good social circle? Do you have your own place? Good logistics makes everything easier.

Summer is coming up. Day game should improve quite a bit. This city is really fun during the summer months. People (girls) are out in the parks, in the streets and on the patios in the market, every sunny afternoon. Lots of opportunities to approach.

Quote: (04-10-2016 02:53 PM)Nemausus Wrote:  

Nice to hear from another voice based in Ottawa on RVF.

Sounds like you've already done your research, but in case you missed it, here is the datasheet on the city. I gave my impressions on life here in a post there.

Judging by what you have written, I suspect you would likely be more comfortable gaming girls in Montreal. Sounds like you have a look that would be well-received there, but more importantly, you'd be able to talk to girls in French, which would make things easier for you.

How are your logistics here in Ottawa? Are you living downtown? Do you have a car? Do you have a good social circle? Do you have your own place? Good logistics makes everything easier.

Summer is coming up. Day game should improve quite a bit. This city is really fun during the summer months. People (girls) are out in the parks, in the streets and on the patios in the market, every sunny afternoon. Lots of opportunities to approach.

First thank you for the answer.

i read all ottawa datasheets in the forum before i took the decision [Image: banana.gif]

i'm not saying that ottawa is bad but this city is good if you look white canadian. in paris dark skin have a little advantage but even with this factor i have done better in ottawa than paris .

i live in hull , very close to the bridge separing gatineau ottawa so i'am very close to downtown , i have a car, own place , but no sociale circle . i usually go with two wingmens. i dont think that speaking french will be a strong advantage , my english is correct and usually i pick up girls in dance floor so i dont need to talk.

in ottawa i tried many places , i go out each week end . i tried elgin street :
-The Lieutenant's Pump : strong social circle
-the standard : a little bit better than pump bad still difficult without sociale circle

then byward market : i tired almost all the spots

-PUB 101, green room , liquor store , tequila jacks : lot of young girls

- whiskey bar : if you are not white , dont waste your time

- PPL : good spot for blacks

- junxion : i used to go a lot there

i prefer places with dance floor as its easier to approches , do you have any suggestions ?

how do you find montreal girls comparing to ottawa in terms of easiness ? montreal is full of dark skin guys , is that a positive thing or not for a dark skin guy ?

i always see people comparing toronto to montreal , how about ottawa vs montreal ?

Ottawa is one of the most boring cities in Canada. Why on earth would someone want to stay there. I've never lived there, and have only been there for small stays, but even those small stays were too long. Everyone I know who lives there absolutely hates it. Montreal > Ottawa in a heartbeat.

Normally I'd take other factors into consideration such as; how far is the move, cultural differences, etc...but Montreal isn't that far from Ottawa, and since your french is good I wouldn't worry about the language being a barrier. You'll have more attractive women in Montreal, and a more European vibe.

Quote: (04-11-2016 05:39 PM)WeekendCasanova Wrote:  

Ottawa is one of the most boring cities in Canada. Why on earth would someone want to stay there. I've never lived there, and have only been there for small stays, but even those small stays were too long. Everyone I know who lives there absolutely hates it. Montreal > Ottawa in a heartbeat.

Normally I'd take other factors into consideration such as; how far is the move, cultural differences, etc...but Montreal isn't that far from Ottawa, and since your french is good I wouldn't worry about the language being a barrier. You'll have more attractive women in Montreal, and a more European vibe.

To be honnest , i prefer being in a boring city with easy/funny girls

I think paris is the most attractive city in terms of activites and funny things to do , you will never get bored , but paris girls are one of the hardest in the word ( you will see two types in paris , most of them are bitch shield girls and fewer are freindly but not DTF ) that's why i decided to leave this city.

in ottawa i have a car so the move is not a problem for me and i live close to downtown where most bars /Clubs are , the quality of girls in ottawa is not bad , a lots of hot sluts but i didnt find it as easy as some people wrote in this forum specially for dark skin guys .( i want a confirmation for that )

cultural differences ididnt see what do you mean ?

i think that i will move to montreal and i hope i will not be dissapointed about quality/easiness of girls ... because i saw many persons here complain about the easiness of montreal girls [Image: confused.gif]

Note : i live in hull gatineau by the way , but i never stay in this area , clubs and bars are full of 17,18 anglo girls and groups of quebecois who knows each other from the childhood . so i always go to ottawa.

SO any others experiences .. ottawa or montreal

Quote: (04-12-2016 01:09 PM)AWinners Wrote:  

I think paris is the most attractive city in terms of activites and funny things to do , you will never get bored , but paris girls are one of the hardest in the word ( you will see two types in paris , most of them are bitch shield girls and fewer are freindly but not DTF ) that's why i decided to leave this city.

in ottawa i have a car so the move is not a problem for me and i live close to downtown where most bars /Clubs are , the quality of girls in ottawa is not bad , a lots of hot sluts but i didnt find it as easy as some people wrote in this forum specially for dark skin guys .( i want a confirmation for that )

i think that i will move to montreal and i hope i will not be dissapointed about quality/easiness of girls ... because i saw many persons here complain about the easiness of montreal girls [Image: confused.gif]

Note : i live in hull gatineau by the way , but i never stay in this area , clubs and bars are full of 17,18 anglo girls and groups of quebecois who knows each other from the childhood . so i always go to ottawa.

Hi,

I live in Montreal and know Ottawa fairly well, but never lived there.

Montreal is capital city for game and will always provide great possibilities for the player, it can be compared to cities like Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam, Miami (South Beach and Coconot Grove, Brickel) in therms of size, partying, beauty of girls and logistics.

Some may think Ottawa is better, but I think the consensus would be otherwise.

It's possible Montreal is not the hotbed it was, but that's because nightgame is in decline all over the western world.

Still, Montreal offers incredibly good and diverse talent and I still feel the deck is stacked in favor of the player here, this is my opinion, you can also have fun in the city outside of game can you really say the same with Ottawa at least here you can take a subway to get somewhere.

As you know the weather in Montreal sucks except for summers who are great, that's the worst point about the city.

Quote: (04-13-2016 02:12 PM)Curunír Wrote:  

Quote: (04-12-2016 01:09 PM)AWinners Wrote:  

Hi,

I live in Montreal and know Ottawa fairly well, but never lived there.

Montreal is capital city for game and will always provide great possibilities for the player, it can be compared to cities like Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam, Miami (South Beach and Coconot Grove, Brickel) in therms of size, partying, beauty of girls and logistics.

Some may think Ottawa is better, but I think the consensus would be otherwise.

It's possible Montreal is not the hotbed it was, but that's because nightgame is in decline all over the western world.

Still, Montreal offers incredibly good and diverse talent and I still feel the deck is stacked in favor of the player here, this is my opinion, you can also have fun in the city outside of game can you really say the same with Ottawa at least here you can take a subway to get somewhere.

As you know the weather in Montreal sucks except for summers who are great, that's the worst point about the city.
i know that montreal is festive city and known by parties and girls ... at least comparing to ottawa , montreal have better reputation about partying but

The question is , when a city is known by parties , is that an advantage for players ? i think that those type citcies are full of thirsty guys coming just to game

that was the reason of why i choose ottawa not montreal at first , but now as i reading all the posts in favor of montreal i regret my choise

the second reason i thought when many guys looks like you its not an advantage for you. but the exotic factor is not an advantage , ottawa girls are generally easy but there are into the guys who looks the same (white) they dont search someone different.

If you can find work in Montreal and it is feasible to live there.

Pack your bags tomorrow.

Ottawa has good ratio's but a small town mentality.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

there is a little chance that i go to toronto ( i didnt appliad there , but seems that there is a lot of opportunities in my field).

i will do my best to find a job in montreal , but how about gaming in toronto comparing to ottawa ??

Quote: (04-15-2016 01:04 PM)AWinners Wrote:  

there is a little chance that i go to toronto ( i didnt appliad there , but seems that there is a lot of opportunities in my field).

i will do my best to find a job in montreal , but how about gaming in toronto comparing to ottawa ??

What's your job? I'm not sure if you mentioned it in your OP and I just missed it.

Quote: (04-15-2016 01:05 PM)WeekendCasanova Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2016 01:04 PM)AWinners Wrote:  

What's your job? I'm not sure if you mentioned it in your OP and I just missed it.

i had an ungraduate in computing , and a graduate in finance

the thing is i dont have an experience , new graduate. apparentyly in my field toronto is the first city in canada. even if my french is a way better than my english

Job wise, yeah Toronto is most likely going to be better than Ottawa or Montreal considering its the largest city in Canada and the financial capital of Canada. Lifestyle wise though, there is no comparison, Montreal blows away Toronto as we all pretty much know around here. One place you could consider if you want a smaller town than Montreal but is different from Ottawa would be Quebec City. I've heard its very cool and its not too far from Montreal. You're a French speaker so you'd have no problem there (not much English spoken there unlike Montreal). Not sure what the employment situation is there but it is the capital of Quebec so there's got to be something going on there business wise.

Quote: (04-15-2016 05:09 PM)doc holliday Wrote:  

Job wise, yeah Toronto is most likely going to be better than Ottawa or Montreal considering its the largest city in Canada and the financial capital of Canada. Lifestyle wise though, there is no comparison, Montreal blows away Toronto as we all pretty much know around here. One place you could consider if you want a smaller town than Montreal but is different from Ottawa would be Quebec City. I've heard its very cool and its not too far from Montreal. You're a French speaker so you'd have no problem there (not much English spoken there unlike Montreal). Not sure what the employment situation is there but it is the capital of Quebec so there's got to be something going on there business wise.

find a job in Quebec city is tough , is still a small city.( ottawa is small city too but ottawa is the capital of canada)

we all know that montreal is better than toronto ( even if some people here prefer toronto than montreal, but most of the opinions are for montreal)

what about if i have a choice between ottawa and toronto (in case if i dont find a job in montreal )??which one is better for gaming , still toronto better than ottawa because its a big city ? always for dark guys

We have a thread dedicated to how shitty Toronto is. I would stay the hell away unless you're there for the Toronto Film Festival or OVO Festival. Toronto is where pick up artistry started which is why it's probably one of the places with the highest bitch shields.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

If you don't find a job in Montreal, then go to Toronto. In my experience, dark skinned guys do fine there. If chicks there reject you, it most likely won't be due to your skin color but more due to their special Toronto bitchiness as has been well chronicled. I always seem to do ok when I go up there (and I'm dark skinned) and when I tell chicks up there that I'm from the US just visiting, they seem to get excited about it for some reason. I have a really good friend up there who's dark skinned and he kills it up there, always has. Toronto as a city I actually happen to like a lot. I used to live there and had some great times up there. As usual your mileage may vary but I'd go and try it. You can always go somewhere else after you get some experience in your field if you don't like it.

Quote: (04-15-2016 06:03 PM)doc holliday Wrote:  

If you don't find a job in Montreal, then go to Toronto. In my experience, dark skinned guys do fine there. If chicks there reject you, it most likely won't be due to your skin color but more due to their special Toronto bitchiness as has been well chronicled. I always seem to do ok when I go up there (and I'm dark skinned) and when I tell chicks up there that I'm from the US just visiting, they seem to get excited about it for some reason. I have a really good friend up there who's dark skinned and he kills it up there, always has. Toronto as a city I actually happen to like a lot. I used to live there and had some great times up there. As usual your mileage may vary but I'd go and try it. You can always go somewhere else after you get some experience in your field if you don't like it.

that means , any way montreal or even toronto are still better than ottawa ?

bitch shields in toronto will not be worst than parisan bitch shields girls ( paris is a paradise for girls , i heard that from a girl from toronto in ottawa ( she was in paris for few months , she was surprised how thirsty the guys was in the french capital)

but i'm very curious to know an experience of a dark skinned guy in ottawa ? it seems that color matters a lot in ottawa , or may be ottawa guys really good looking ? i do well here , but only when i find dark skin girls alone ( i am not attracted to black , asian girls ) , and white girls reject me a lot [Image: confused.gif] , after a period , i noticied that they reject most of dark skin guys , they only go for white or blacks guys .

I guess if you can manage Parisian women, then Toronto bitches should be a joke for you. Plus you can just tell those girls that you're from Paris and that should get their pussies moist. Comparing to Ottawa, I have no idea, I've only been there once and I was doing the family thing so no pussy chasing that weekend. Qu'est que ton experience avec femmes blanc de Paris? (desole, je veux pratiquer mon Francais mauvais).

Montreal is not what it used to be. It is changing and becoming more like Toronto.

Here is an interesting post on Montreal women by a French poster I found:

I live in Toronto but I am originally Québécois and let me just say that girls over there are the same as in Ontario and always have been when it comes to feminism. At least since we had our Révolution Tranquille. However, the big difference, which seems to be the huge difference for you guys, is the views on sex. In Ontario, women view sex as their main value, so they withhold it from men to torture, control and dominate them. In Québec, girls are highly sexual. Over there you can hook up with gorgeous women, way out of your league. This is not fiction. This is totally doable for any man. The problem is that women in Québec are extremely dominant and will expect you to be the woman in the relationship and castrate you in every way possible. Trust me. It is not worth your trouble. A lot of women dont even let men drive their own cars, and a lot of men have to put up with infidelity. Most people dont know this but in Québec most guys have to quietly accept the fact their girlfriends are cheating on them. Women from Québec do not have much respect for men. So if sex is all you are looking for, yes, Montréal and the whole province will be heaven for you (if you speak French) but if you are looking to commit, to settle down and build a family where you are treated as the man, forget it, move to another country. There must be a reason why the province of Québec has the highest male suicide rate in the world.

Paris c'est la pire ou tu peux y aller au monde , peu etre aussi magaluf en espagne . les filles a paris recoivent trop de demandes et donc elle font les filles tres difficiles . a paris si tu n'a pas un cercle d'amis tu peux rester longtemps sans baiser sauf si tu as de la chance et tombe sur une americainne ( les americaines sont tres faciles hahah )

je réussis a paris parce que je connais les endroits et meme avec ca , paris reste tres difficile.

Mais les filles parisiennes sont super belles et sexy.

Quote: (04-15-2016 07:32 PM)AWinners Wrote:  

@doc holiday : Paris c'est la pire ou tu peux y aller au monde , peu etre aussi magaluf en espagne . les filles a paris recoivent trop de demandes et donc elle font les filles tres difficiles . a paris si tu n'a pas un cercle d'amis tu peux rester longtemps sans baiser sauf si tu as de la chance et tombe sur une americainne ( les americaines sont tres faciles hahah )

je réussis a paris parce que je connais les endroits et meme avec ca , paris reste tres difficile.

Mais les filles parisiennes sont super belles et sexy.

Les femmes est tres difficile partout! Je comprends sur les filles Parisiennes. Je pense que si tu trouves un metier a Montreal, tu devrais aller la. If you don't find a job there but you find one in Toronto go there and see how you like it. Tu peux recontre avec autre hommes de RVF qui habiter au Toronto. Your being dark skinned won't hurt you in Toronto. If you don't like it, you can always leave and go somewhere else. Si rien d'autre, ton accent Parisien fera la minou tres humide.

Quote: (04-16-2016 12:01 AM)doc holliday Wrote:  

Les femmes est tres difficile partout! Je comprends sur les filles Parisiennes. Je pense que si tu trouves un metier a Montreal, tu devrais aller la. If you don't find a job there but you find one in Toronto go there and see how you like it. Tu peux recontre avec autre hommes de RVF qui habiter au Toronto. Your being dark skinned won't hurt you in Toronto. If you don't like it, you can always leave and go somewhere else. Si rien d'autre, ton accent Parisien fera la minou tres humide.
have you been in paris before ?
women are difficult evrywhere thats true , but still some citcies better than others. american girls stay the best for me.

is that true when you are in a diverse city , dark skin do better ans when you are in a white city like ottawa your dark skin becomes an handicap ?
i thought its the opposite , more you are extotic (dark skin in ottawa) more girls will like you . that was one of the reasons i chose ottawa (not montreal or toronto) when i came to canada .

Non malheursement, je ne jamais visite a Paris. Un jour. Ma fille habite a Montreal maintenant donc je visite souvent. J'aime les femme Quebecoise bien sur. I don't know why you've had trouble in Ottawa but white girls can be weird about dating a dark skinned guy. Maybe some of the guys more familiar with Ottawa can give you a better idea. J'aime Montreal beaucoup and je pense que tu sera heureux la. C'est amusant sur les filles Americaines. A lot of them love the French language and culture. Peux tu demanager aux Etats Unis?

Quote: (04-16-2016 01:23 AM)doc holliday Wrote:  

Non malheursement, je ne jamais visite a Paris. Un jour. Ma fille habite a Montreal maintenant donc je visite souvent. J'aime les femme Quebecoise bien sur. I don't know why you've had trouble in Ottawa but white girls can be weird about dating a dark skinned guy. Maybe some of the guys more familiar with Ottawa can give you a better idea. J'aime Montreal beaucoup and je pense que tu sera heureux la. C'est amusant sur les filles Americaines. A lot of them love the French language and culture. Peux tu demanager aux Etats Unis?

i dont have trouble in ottawa , its not a tough city but dark skin guys dont have any advantage here as i see. but i do well comparing to paris but not better than oslo for example

non je peux pas demenager aux USA , c'est tres compliquee la procedure et c'est tres cher , mais je prefere usa que canada , la vie est plus funny la bas et les filles sont plus faciles aux USA que au canada ou france .

OP are you race trolling ?

Stop asking the same questions , Ottawa Montreal Toronto Quebec City are all fairly close and on the same train line why not visit them all and do your own research Montreal is the best game place this has been repeated to you a couple times and of course this is a subjective opinion but it seems like you are clogging this thread with repetitive questions .

Sans rancune