rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Public data on state to state migration in the US

the IRS releases all kinds of data based on people's tax returns. Its great, free marketing data for anyone with a business and just plain interesting to verify trends.

Today they released state migration data for 2013/14, which is neat to look at to confirm movement around the US. The data requires some work, but also offers cursory insights.

Here is the link https://www.irs.gov/uac/SOI-Tax-Stats-Mi...-2013-2014

New York had the highest difference in, inflow migration vs. outflow migration. its #6 in inbound migration but #3 in outbound migration

Texas appeal is confirmed, #4 in outbound migration and #1 in inbound migration...but this also means the destruction of "Texan" culture, see Austin.

In checking a few other states it seems like people are moving from the northeast to the southeast.

You can even look into the data to see where in state migrants are coming from.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I appreciate that this is a question that is, to some extent, impossible to answer succinctly.

However, which state of the USA, in your opinion, has least governmental interference in everyday life?

I seriously hope Texas bans Californians from moving into their Alpha state. Californians turned Colorado into a hippie state and blue election wise.

If this trend is allowed to continue and Texas turns blue there would be really no point in having elections anymore since the delegate maths will never add up for a non-liberal to win.

It happens everywhere. I've seen it around Philly where Team Blue moves from Philly to the 'burbs because they can't afford the taxes and don't find trendy hipster districts fun after they have kids. Of course, as soon as they show up, Team Blue does everything they can to make the local towns into another Blue Nightmare. And then they move further out and repeat the process.

Indeed I've been noticing a huge migration of Californians and New Yorkers to Texas in recent years. Such is the irony of people demanding increased taxes and regulation, then moving to somewhere that lacks it.

Quote: (03-30-2016 10:33 AM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

I seriously hope Texas bans Californians from moving into their Alpha state. Californians turned Colorado into a hippie state and blue election wise.

If this trend is allowed to continue and Texas turns blue there would be really no point in having elections anymore since the delegate maths will never add up for a non-liberal to win.

Probably too late for that. Even in Houston, at least 1/4 of the people I meet are from California or from Chicago / northeast. It was not like this when I first moved to Texas 8 years ago.

Quote: (03-30-2016 10:33 AM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

This.

Drafting a letter right now asking Emperor Trump to nuke Austin once he take office.

It's the only way to be sure.

Quote: (03-30-2016 12:15 PM)ColSpanker Wrote:  

It happens everywhere. I've seen it around Philly where Team Blue moves from Philly to the 'burbs because they can't afford the taxes and don't find trendy hipster districts fun after they have kids. Of course, as soon as they show up, Team Blue does everything they can to make the local towns into another Blue Nightmare. And then they move further out and repeat the process.

The damn truth right here. Libtards destroy most places (except the elite communities; which they will protect from outsiders with their last dying breath) and then leave the natives and people who can't move easily in their wake to go colonize another "up and coming" area and ruin that place. I've seen it myself over a span of decades.

In fairness to people escaping libtard hellholes, Texas has been one of the only places in the country producing jobs while also being affordable to live in for a long while now. While some people who show up are libtards, many are also trying to escape oppressive libtard policies.

If Trump gets elected, we should see a lot of job opportunities in other states spring up as he creates jobs throughout the USA and therefore, this will hopefully spread things out a bit from an electoral perspective. A lot of libtards don't want to go to Texas (they hate the idea actually); it's just their only option. Give them more options and their influence will largely be diffused by native host populations.

As mentioned, the Presidential election process is pretty much over if Texas ever becomes a blue state. In the last election, these were the popular vote totals:

Obama: 4,569,843
Romney: 3,308,124

Now imagine with the past and current migration patterns that the democrats put a likeable Hispanic woman vs a unlikable white guy?

A 1.2 million vote swing with so many libtards moving to Texas isn't unrealistic in the medium term; especially if Texas is the only economic escape route in the eyes of many libtards across the entire country. They will colonize the suburbs of all the major Texas cities (since none of them can afford a house in their expensive suburban libtard hellholes nor want to drive an hour from the exburbs), vote in dipshits that will ruin the Texas suburbs, and then spread out to the exburbs and beyond unless they are rich enough to live in metro area elite communities.

The only solution is to switch to a strict popular vote nationwide (the way it should be in my opinion) or get the economy going in other parts of the country to diffuse influence. Otherwise, if the current path continues, Texas could be a blue state in less than 20 years. Sounds crazy but it can very well happen.