rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vinyl (TV series)

Vinyl (TV series)

I'm amazed noone has mentioned this series on here yet.

New from HBO, written and directed by Scorsese and Mick Jagger.

Trailer:

The music is great, the script is pretty awesome, but for me the best part is the energy the series captures. The whole thing drives forwards with a sort of manic intensity. If you have an hour or two free, it is well worth checking out.

It's visceral, really. That may be the best word for it.

Vinyl (TV series)

It was okay. Scorsese's involved so everyone is going to be chain smoking and doing enough coke to kill an average person. I found a lot of the fake music acts to be a pointless distraction and ended up skipping through it. Also, Jagger's kid can't act.

Does the script improve after the first 2 eps?

Vinyl (TV series)

It's about time Bobby Cannavale got a lead role.
[Image: MV5BMTMyODIzMTEyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzE2...g%E2%80%8B]

I've been following him since he the "funky spunk" dude on SATC about 10 years ago. He's been an underrated supporting player in so many roles and has always had the chops.

Bobby Cannavale

Good to see him get his break. He's great in this role

BTW...Who knew Andrew Dice Clay could actually act?

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Vinyl (TV series)

Quote: (03-14-2016 07:08 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Or Ray Romano.

Vinyl (TV series)

Quote: (03-14-2016 06:58 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

It was okay. Scorsese's involved so everyone is going to be chain smoking and doing enough coke to kill an average person. I found a lot of the fake music acts to be a pointless distraction and ended up skipping through it. Also, Jagger's kid can't act.

Does the script improve after the first 2 eps?

I reckon so, but I'm no great connoisseur of this sort of stuff, and I frequently like all sorts of shows that get panned on here.

I'm also extremely biased as Olivia Wilde is, for my tastes, the most beautiful woman in the world.

I first saw her in the OC when I was about 12 or 13, when she was blonde with the pink streak in her hair. It was a seminal moment for me, as it was the first time I was aware of my own sexuality and adult desires. In a way, she marks the end of my childhood innocence. She is a weapons grade boner fairy.

Vinyl (TV series)

Quote: (03-14-2016 07:08 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Me. He stars in one of my top 5.

[Image: 220px-Fordfairlaneposter.jpg]

If you haven't seen it... Sucking My Dick.... Tracey, Ohhhhh!

[Image: giphy.gif]

He's great in Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine as well.

Enjoy!

Quote:Quote:

I'm also extremely biased as Olivia Wilde is, for my tastes, the most beautiful woman in the world.

Couldn't agree more. Her face floors me.

Vinyl (TV series)

I downloaded the first episode but haven't watched it. Been watching other shows, but after this thread i'll give it a go.

Vinyl (TV series)

I don't like it. It's not that it sucks. Besides being a little too "artistic" and draw out by unnecessary musical interludes, it is absolutely quality.

Most great acting, acceptable script.

It fails because it is impossible to like any of the characters.

The main character is a rich fuck-up who manage to blow his success wasting money and generally just being a dick.

The young, chipper female lead ruins the show by showing up an all male talent search team. Just another female character who is better and smarter than every male character on the show, without putting in any hard work to get there.

The wife of the main lead character is just unlikable, despite being beautiful.

The rock acts are composed of dickhead types.

There's no one on this show to like. The most compelling character is a gay man with very few scenes.

I hate it, but I can't stop watching.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Vinyl (TV series)

I watched all of them.

The only good thing about the show was the protege girls tits.

That Raymond guy has just always made me sick. He sucks.

Aloha!

Vinyl (TV series)

I watched the first 3 episodes then lost interest. The shows missing something and I'm not exactly sure what. The lead actor was amazing in Boardwalk Empire, a show I'd love to see HBO do a spin off of at some point.

Something horrible is going on behind the scenes at HBO and its effecting all of their content.