rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Can you change a flight on Ryanair?

Can you change a flight that you have already booked on Ryanair if you haven't checked in online yet?

What is the process?

Any fees?

Oh my, friends don't let friends fly Ryanair. As a Frequent business flyer I should probably have put up a warning against these charlatans.

You've picked the possibly worst airline for making any itinerary changes. If you can change anything at all (depends on your ticket) they will charge you keenly for it. Expect close to 1/3 of the ticket price or a set sum like €150. You can probably look up the booking on their site with your booking code for the details.

"Expect close to 1/3 of the ticket price"

That is not too bad.

"or a set sum like €150"

That is more than I paid. If that is the case, I will donate my ticket to the homeless.

Quick look on the Ryanair site:

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-cond...ableoffees

Close to the end.

€40/€60 (per one way) depending on if you booked it online or by phone.

Sidenote, what to keep in mind when flying ryanair:

- Watch out for all kinds of pre-checked boxes (extra luggage, priority check-in, car rental, travel insurance...) on their website that are easy to overlook.
- They charge a mandatory credit card booking fee.
- They fly to small airports that are often far away and require tedious 1h+ shuttle service to the city center, which adds to the overall cost.
- Abysmal service.

However, on many routes you can still get very competitive prices.

Quote: (07-07-2011 09:05 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quick look on the Ryanair site:

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-cond...ableoffees

Close to the end.

€40/€60 (per one way) depending on if you booked it online or by phone.

Smooth.

Thanks.

This is why I love this forum.

I'm in the business so here's my two cents - from a consumer perspective. I like Ryanair, easyJet, Wizzair, AirBerlin, etc. - and I rarely fly them. The service they do provide is to keep the bandits at BA, AF, LH, IB, etc - "competitive" - that term being very loosely used here. Back in the day, before Euro deregulation, it was prohibitively expensive to fly around the continent. Now, the legacy carriers have to compete with the low-cost carriers for the "back-of-the-bus-traffic". If you are willing to connect over a major hub like FRA, MUC, LHR, AMS, CDG - you can often find fares that are competitive with the low-cost carriers. As an added bonus, you get miles, assigned seats and most importantly - multiple daily flights on your route or the ability to have your ticket assigned to another carrier in the event of cancelation/long delay.

Quote: (07-07-2011 09:20 AM)Chase Wrote:  

Sidenote, what to keep in mind when flying ryanair:
- Watch out for all kinds of pre-checked boxes (extra luggage, priority check-in, car rental, travel insurance...) on their website that are easy to overlook.
- They charge a mandatory credit card booking fee.
- They fly to small airports that are often far away and require tedious 1h+ shuttle service to the city center, which adds to the overall cost.
- Abysmal service.

I'd also add a few items which seem to be common among low-cost carriers:

- Significant flight delays, often 2-4 hours. They do not have extra planes, so if something breaks, you're out.
- All missed "connections" are your fault, and typically mean lost ticket. They won't just rebook you to the next flight like Delta does, you'll have to buy a new ticket. This may be the case even if you missed the "connection" on the same carrier because their own flight was delayed.
- If they lose your luggage, they'll deliver it to the airport only. They're not going to deliver it to your hotel.
- Some of them (BlueAirWeb) has the phone customer service which is pay-per-minute, and the minute cost around 0.5 Euro.

In short, it is rarely - if ever - worth it. Especially after major airlines introduced the "connection"/"hopper" service which usually have competitive pricing, flies from major hubs, allows you to make ticketed connections, and have a real customer service.

Quote: (07-14-2011 12:32 AM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

- If they lose your luggage, they'll deliver it to the airport only. They're not going to deliver it to your hotel.

I never check-in baggage with Wizz Air because it's like 25 EUR per piece. I cram everything in a carry-on.
But this may not work for a G with a couple of custom suits [Image: exclamation.gif]

I will never, ever, ever fly again with Ryanair, their services suck. They charge a bit less than all other airlines, but i would rather pay a bit more and get a better service than fly with these idiots. Their service is just not worth it, i would rather not even travel if i have to fly with them.

G manifesto i expected more coming from you..come on man.

Quote: (07-14-2011 10:22 AM)pitt Wrote:  

I will never, ever, ever fly again with Ryanair, their services suck. They charge a bit less than all other airlines, but i would rather pay a bit more and get a better service than fly with these idiots. Their service is just not worth it, i would rather not even travel if i have to fly with them.

G manifesto i expected more coming from you..come on man.

Ha.

What are you talking about?

I am "For The People", a Man of the people and like to be among the people.

lol

I dont know if you know it, but in europe people that travel with Ryanair are known as very low budget people, i thought you had a bit more cash to fly with better airlines. PLus Ryanair always have delayed flights..who wants to fly with an airline that have delayed flights at most of times?

G, why don't you just give your ticket to someone else, and lease a jet for a month or so to take you where you want?
I recommend a Bombardier BD-700.

"I dont know if you know it, but in europe people that travel with Ryanair are known as very low budget people"

Like I said before, I am "For The People".

I also sleep hard when I am on an airplane. Actually, some of my best sleep is on an airplane. So it really doesn't matter to me what airline I fly. It could have pigs and goats on the plane and I would be out like Marvis Frazier when he fought Mike Tyson.

I have even thought of taking a flight on nights that I have a hard time crashing.

"PLus Ryanair always have delayed flights"

Haven't had that happen yet.

I use them because they fly to all the places I have gone this summer.

Hell, I hate figuring this sh*t out.

I have posted on here for a good travel agent that can do all this for me, but everyone came up dueces.

You know one?

Quote: (07-14-2011 11:27 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I have posted on here for a good travel agent that can do all this for me, but everyone came up dueces.

You know one?

I used to create itineraries for my division's corporate travel needs. Don't have the same access to AMEX TA as I used to but it taught me plenty of travel hacking, fuel dumping, points hording etc.

In the even you want a truly connected one-stop solution...
What is your budget? I could set you up with a TA at Virtuoso but their prices are on the other end of the spectrum from Ryanair. As it should since they are associated with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Aman resorts, Open Skies and similar top tier lodging/travel providers .

Vicious -

Thanks.

Can you break it down a little?

Quote: (07-15-2011 04:19 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Vicious -

Thanks.

Can you break it down a little?

I guess... not sure what it is you would like to know.

Another cheap airline in europe that is a half step up is EasyJet. I found them to be better than Ryanair which felt like a Greyhound bus in the sky. If your on the continent, just train. Train passes and the schedules are superior to using Ryanair, unless you're starting off in the UK/Ireland.

I travel through Europe with Qantas Airlines, business class. A G like you flies with RyanAir, economy class? Are you serious? Did your account get hacked or something?

Quote: (04-02-2012 05:49 AM)Seduction Sutra Wrote:  

I travel through Europe with Qantas Airlines, business class. A G like you flies with RyanAir, economy class? Are you serious? Did your account get hacked or something?

What exactly do you mean you travel 'through Europe with Qantas...."? You might get to Europe with Qantas but you certainly aren't travelling around Europe with the airline. Me smells bullshit.

Quote: (04-02-2012 06:28 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

What exactly do you mean you travel 'through Europe with Qantas...."? You might get to Europe with Qantas but you certainly aren't travelling around Europe with the airline. Me smells bullshit.

From Australia to UK with Qantas. Stayed at Marriot Hotel at Canary Wharf.

RyanAir is the best solution if you do not travel in business or 1st class. You are treated like shit with big traditional airliners. More so than with RyanAir. Big airliners a more times delayed than on time. Airports RA operate from are usually small so less hassle about security etc. I also like their laid back style.

As for all the so called hidden costs etc...If you cannot navigate the booking process or comprehend the agreement you enter while making a ticket purchase, maybe you should not travel. The price model is made well. If you do not care for else than whatever seat you manage to get on board and fly to your destination, you pay for that, nothing added. If you bring your skiing equipment, bike or whatever, you pay more. Easy and logical.

I have flown with RyanAir 50+ times without problems. Highly recommended for short shuttles inside Europe.

Got hit on by a gay spanish air steward on one trip. She send his female colleague to ask my number in the arrivals terminal. Laughed and asked for hers (half jokingly). Good times.

I travel through Europe with Qantas Airlines, business class.

WTF, are you too cheap to buy your own airplane so you have to fly the communal plane? Dude, that sucks! Look at Obama or Hugh Hepher; do you think they'd fly business class? You never know who'd sit on that seat before you! Maybe he had herpes or, God forbid, was a Communist or gay! If you were looking to impress anyone, you got the wrong crowd.

Quote:Quote:

You may also want to invest in penis enlargement tool as well.

I am not looking to impress anyone here. Just calling bullshit on someone who calls himself a G, international playboy, the people's champ, etc. I was saying that I am flying with business class while the G flies with RyanAir. I am sorry, I must have offended you if you really like RyanAir. Please accept my apology. I'll let you have the last words here.

Quote: (04-02-2012 11:12 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

I travel through Europe with Qantas Airlines, business class.

WTF, are you too cheap to buy your own airplane so you have to fly the communal plane? Dude, that sucks! Look at Obama or Hugh Hepher; do you think they'd fly business class? You never know who'd sit on that seat before you! Maybe he had herpes or, God forbid, was a Communist or gay! If you were looking to impress anyone, you got the wrong crowd.

Quote:Quote:

You may also want to invest in penis enlargement tool as well.

removed