rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Twitter Is Preparing To Purge Us With New Algorithm Timeline

It seems like 2016 is the year of the purge. Milo was unverified. Roosh doxed. Now twitter is creating an algorithm, which will allow them to censor bad think, like Facebook does.

Twitter To Introduce Algorithmic Timeline As Soon As Next Week

Quote:Quote:

The timeline will reorder tweets based on what Twitter’s algorithm thinks people most want to see, a departure from the current feed’s reverse chronological order.

It is unclear whether Twitter will force users to use the algorithmic feed, or it will merely be an option.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - the cultural libertarians need their own social network. Thank god for this forum and others like it, because otherwise we couldn't organize.

Controlling twitter will allow the elites to determine what stories we see. Think Trump will show up at the top of most people's feeds? Keep in mind, Facebook censors rapes in Cologne.

The duck was right. The purge is coming. Prepare for shadowbans and start moving to other networks.

For a long time, I've thought that future wars would not be fought with boots on the ground, but rather over the Internet. He who controls information has the power. And rather than using missiles, drones, fighter jets, today's (and the future) battleground is on social media, news sites, databases, and in cyberspace.

"Our share price is dropping rapidly. Let's implement some retarded mechanism to alienate more of our users!"

Quote:1984 by George Orwell Wrote:

If there was hope, it must lie in the proles because only there, in those swarming disregarded masses, 85 percent of the population of Oceania, could the force to destroy the Party ever be generated. The Party could not be overthrown from within. It's enemies, if it had any enemies, had no way of coming together or even of identifying one another. Even if the legendary Brotherhood existed, as just possibly it might, it was inconceivable that its members could ever assemble in larger numbers than twos and threes. Rebellion meant a look in the eyes, an inflection of the voice; at the most, an occasional whispered word. But the proles, if only they could somehow become conscious of their own strength, would have no need to conspire. They needed only to rise up and shake themselves like a horse shaking off flies. If they chose they could blow the Party to pieces tomorrow morning. Surely sooner or later it must occur to them to do it? And yet--!

The great majority of Proles did not even have telescreens in their homes. Even the civil police interfered with them very little. There was a vast amount of criminality in London, a whole world-within-a-world of thieves, bandits, prostitutes, drug-peddlers, and racketeers of every description; but since it all happened among the Proles themselves, it was of no importance. In all questions of morals they were allowed to follow their ancestral code. The sexual Puritanism of the Party was not imposed upon them. Promiscuity went unpunished, divorce was permitted. For that matter, even religious worship would have been permitted if the proles had shown any sign of needing or wanting it. They were beneath suspicion. As the Party slogan put it:

"Proles and animals are free".

The Party claimed, of course, to have liberated the proles from bondage. Before the Revolution they had been hideously oppressed by the capitalists, they had been starved and flogged, women had been forced to work in the coal mines (women still did work in the coal mines, as a matter of fact), children had been sold into the factories at the age of six.

In reality very little was known about the proles. It was not necessary to know much. So long as they continued to work and breed, their other activities were without importance. Left to themselves, like cattle turned loose upon the plains of Argentina, they had reverted to a style of life that appeared natural to them, a sort of ancestral pattern. They were born, they grew up in the gutters, they went to work at twelve, they passed through a brief blossoming period of beauty and sexual desire, they married at twenty, they were middle-aged at thirty, they died, for the most part, at sixty. Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbours, films, football, beer, and above all, gambling, filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult. A few agents of the Thought Police moved always among them, spreading false rumours and marking down and eliminating the few individuals who were judged capable of becoming dangerous. No attempt was made to indoctrinate them with the ideology of the Party. It was not desirable that the proles should have strong political feelings. All that was required of them was a primitive patriotism which could be appealed to whenever it was necessary to make them accept longer working-hours or shorter rations. And even when they became discontented, as they sometimes did, their discontent led nowhere, because being without general ideas, they could only focus in on petty specific grievances. The larger evils invariably escaped their notice. He wrote:

Until they become conscious they will never rebel,
and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious.

I highly suggest finding non-Sillicon Valley alternatives. Most likely asian. There has got to be asian imitations of Twitter and Facebook that's easy for english users to use.

Quote:Quote:

based on what Twitter’s algorithm thinks people most want to see

Holy shit they're not even subtle about it. They just go straight in and explain to you that they know better than you what you want to see.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Haven't you seen that now that most people lack critical thinking skills and are unable to deal with opinions that are different from their own? The media is a reflection of people and the media acting the way it did should tell you how the people are.

It's almost like they want to have a way to censor people whose opinions they don't agree with or something....

Twitter has just literally admitted to censorship of alternative views.

It's a good thing. SJW and Feminist infected companies implode sooner or later. Lean back and enjoy the show.

Quote: (02-06-2016 08:31 AM)not-a-pua Wrote:  

It's a good thing. SJW and Feminist infected companies implode sooner or later. Lean back and enjoy the show.

Twitter is going broke no matter how hard they try to prop it up.

Quote: (02-05-2016 11:19 PM)Castelnau Wrote:  

I highly suggest finding non-Sillicon Valley alternatives. Most likely asian. There has got to be asian imitations of Twitter and Facebook that's easy for english users to use.

You're joking right?

Chinese versions of Twitter, facebook and WhatsApp already exist and they can be shut down on a whim or censored by the Chinese government.

A country which denies it slaughtered many of its own people in broad daylight and executes or locks up dissenters is a country I don't want to associate with.

Quote: (02-05-2016 10:26 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

For a long time, I've thought that future wars would not be fought with boots on the ground, but rather over the Internet. He who controls information has the power. And rather than using missiles, drones, fighter jets, today's (and the future) battleground is on social media, news sites, databases, and in cyberspace.

This is not true only of the future, it has been true for most of the 20th century. How do you think we ever got to this point? It was because of the monopoly of the mainstream media over the shaping of the public consciousness through several decades.

The internet is what for a brief period promised to shatter this monopoly and put the truth back into the public discourse once again. It would have worked, too, but for the fact that the platforms that ended up dominating the bulk of the new, internet based world are owned by the very same types of people who have controlled the traditional mainstream press for the past 70 or 80 years.

I suspect twitter will be folded under Zuckerberg or the Google apparatus in the not too distant future. But let's face it, what is happening now with the consolidation of the internet under the control of a few leftist monopolists is nothing new or earth shattering. Before the internet, the entire mass media apparatus of the Western world, consisting of the MSM and Hollywood, was in the hands of the leftist monopolists. All that is happening currently is that the third and newest branch of the media, the internet, is rapidly converging under their control as well.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the same folks who already controlled the media and the banks when the internet was born, ended up controlling the internet as well at the end. An organized, powerful element acting in concert will nearly always outmaneuver and dominate millions of unorganized and atomized independent agents. It was always going to end up this way.

Quote: (02-05-2016 10:53 PM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

"Our share price is dropping rapidly. Let's implement some retarded mechanism to alienate more of our users!"

I agree, Twitter is soon reaching its Myspace moment.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Absolutely ridiculous. I suggest the next step should be only allowing users to tweet in Newspeak and they immediately get rid of crimethink. Problem solved.

Quote: (02-06-2016 08:44 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Quote: (02-05-2016 11:19 PM)Castelnau Wrote:  

You're joking right?

Chinese versions of Twitter, facebook and WhatsApp already exist and they can be shut down on a whim or censored by the Chinese government.

A country which denies it slaughtered many of its own people in broad daylight and executes or locks up dissenters is a country I don't want to associate with.

What about Japanese global apps then? It's a country full of unapologetic shitlords without the domineering aspect of China.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Twitter employee Brandon Carpenter just created this shitstorm (read from bottom to top):

[Image: Cagif82WAAAZpuO.png]

His mentions right now are fucking hilarious. Twitter users a piling on and realizing the developers don't even use their own service.

Also:

[Image: Cagx5imUAAAy9-q.jpg]

This explains everything.

BTW - there is a twitter clone here: quitter.se

It's not great, but it's something.

Developers like Brandon Carpenter are fucking idiots. They don't understand why people like what they made, usually because it blew up for reasons other than the ones driving the development. Then, when there's backlash, they never step back and wonder "Gee, maybe there's something I'm missing here?" and actually listen to their users. Nope, they are convinced they know better.

Developers like him give me a real case of the ass.

Edit - got the dude's name wrong.

Maybe I'm just out of touch with the current market or the social media climate, but all of you guys saying Twitter is on the downhill - how do you figure?

It's likely the hottest social media platform out there. Every major celebrity, athlete, politician, artist, etc. uses it as their main form of online communication with their audience. People read tweets and link to their twitter all over news stations, talk shows, and radio.

Anyway this was predictable. Information control.

Quote: (02-06-2016 01:06 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Maybe I'm just out of touch with the current market or the social media climate, but all of you guys saying Twitter is on the downhill - how do you figure?

It's likely the hottest social media platform out there. Every major celebrity, athlete, politician, artist, etc. uses it as their main form of online communication with their audience. People read tweets and link to their twitter all over news stations, talk shows, and radio.

Anyway this was predictable. Information control.

It doesnt make any money. It cant make any money.

Sounds to me like that is just poor monetization on the part of the owners. You have a platform that so many people are using and relying on and you can't find a way to make money on it? Pfft.

Quote: (02-06-2016 12:58 PM)Barbarian_Brad Wrote:  

Twitter employee Brandon Carpenter just created this shitstorm (read from bottom to top):

[Image: Cagif82WAAAZpuO.png]

His mentions right now are fucking hilarious. Twitter users a piling on and realizing the developers don't even use their own service.

[Image: ahSckHHp.jpeg]

[Image: jordan.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

[Image: u7rkk35.png]

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Quote: (02-06-2016 01:10 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Sounds to me like that is just poor monetization on the part of the owners. You have a platform that so many people are using and relying on and you can't find a way to make money on it? Pfft.

Remember when youtube couldnt make a dollar? They were against advertising. Now you gets ads out the ass on youtube. With tweets there is no practical way of packing in so many ads without completely disrupting the purpose of twitter. Twitter is a tribute to folly. They should charge a membership and see how that works. Then all the broke ass freaks will be gone because they cant pay.