rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Importance of height

Importance of height

How important is height in your game? I'm 6'4 and when I walk into the room its hard not to take notice. For you shorter guys, how do you compensate? Would you ever date a girl taller than you?

Importance of height

The main thing is u just need to be taller than most females, in other words 5'8 is the threshold imo.

Dont get me wrong, being tall is a plus. But a good looking dude that is 5'9 will pull more ass than an average looking dude that is 6'4, game being equal.

Importance of height

With a 9in penis, add that to 67in. and I'm as good as you tall guy! Sometimes I wear a top hat

In my field research I find the female couldn't give a shit how tall you are when you're fucking them, but I don't date. You do have some kind of advantage though, I guess IN MY OPINION

Importance of height

Height definitely is an avantage. Most girls, all things the same, would prefer a tall guy to a short one. However, it's not a gamestopper. I see short guys with hot girls all the time. You just have to work on other things that you can control that make you unique, like style, intellegence, confidence, personality, etc. Girls like people that give off good vibes, if you look like you're happy and having a good time and smiling, that goes a long way.

Importance of height

Personally I think height is over emphasized and used by a lot of guys as a "reason" that things dont work. Im 6'3" and I've never had a girl even mention that she likes the fact that I'm tall, and I see plenty of attractive women with guys that are 5'7" or there about.

Comparative to another physical feature, I get way more compliments and comments about the broadness of my shoulders then I ever have a bout my height.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Importance of height

Height never been an issue to me, really, it has never. I am 5ft5, but you would be shocked with the amount of women i pull. Other plus benefits in me probably makes shit easier for me, such as cute face, dress sense (well im not actually the best dresser, i had a hood style till recently), im really funny, i dont give a fuck about the outcome, speak several languages, mullato (which seems to be a plus for dark skin girls), etc

So yeah height has never been a problem to me, i dont even think about this shit.

Importance of height

Like Chad said, tall guys don't think their height helps them because girls never mention it. Maybe we take it for granted?

Importance of height

almost every personals ad from women mentions height. It certainly appears to be a negative if you're short. But like everything else, it seems it can be overcome by determination/skill.

In one study, photos of a very short man ( he looked under 5 ft) were uniformly rejected in a "which guy would you date/marry" questions.

Eventually the researchers asked "What WOULD make you pick the short guy over the tall one?"

"Maybe if he was a murderer" the girls said about the tall guy.

It took THAT level of disqualification to choose the very short guy.

There's an optimal height too, I think about 6'3"-- might be now-- above a certain size you start to look too unusual.

Of course all this is theoretical-- in each person's case they can overcome a lot.

I speculate the in the evolutionary sense "good" height reflects a lifetime of good nutrition ( no periods of famine) which indicates persistent high status in family--a big selector for women.

Since we grow throughout childhood, I'm guessing ( not a biologist) that any period of severe malnutrition would cause your end height to be less.

Importance of height

Nearly every girl I've ever known has placed a heavy emphasis on height. They will tell you it doesn't matter and later you'll overhear them talking to their girlfriends that they stopped dating someone because he was too short. Don't let them fool you, it matters (just as other things do [Image: lol.gif])... but you can always compensate elsewhere.

In the world of online dating, this is even more true. It's also one of the most lied about traits by men, along with age.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Importance of height

Quote: (07-02-2011 10:05 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

almost every personals ad from women mentions height. It certainly appears to be a negative if you're short. But like everything else, it seems it can be overcome by determination/skill.

When women get to choose they pick taller guys (all other things being equal).

But there's the thing, when you're approaching some talent you are choosing HER not the other way around. For personal ads and online dating women can afford to be picky. When someone has the balls to actually go up to her and spin her world the tables are turned.

Importance of height

I've dated girls taller than me by as much as three inches. And I'm above 6 foot. It really doesn't matter once you're horizontal. It effects maybe one sex position. Wear your cowboy boots and problem is solved.

The problem with tall people is they stick out like a tree and are constantly being noticed. They tend to have closed, minimized body movements in an attempt to not appear all gangly. Tall women you'll generally see in uglyass ballerina flats trying to get low and out of notice, while the other women are looking glamorous wearing heels. Women with feet at size 12 and above have really restricted, crappy choices in shoes, and women who consider themselves too tall have all sorts of mental issues about wearing feminine heels. Pretty much everything you can find her off the shelf says "Hi, I'm a dental hygienist with an abnormal fondness for taupe."

Tall girls intellectually desire taller men because they're looking for cover that they can hide behind, although they'll say it in a more round about way. But when they see you they will judge you by the top of your head to their eye height, not the top of their own head. If you're within 5 inches of her height, your head will be at her eye height, and she'll think you're tall enough. And once you get past your opening, none of that shit matters anyway. Believe me, they're habitual wallflowers and waaaaay to shy to hit on men the way shorter, more aggressive women will. They think a nervous half-second glance is flirtatious. Like I said, stunted, minimized body language because they've spent most of their life exposed, without cover, and they've discovered their arms move with all the subtlety and grace of semaphore poles.

As to the nutrition and life span issue, see Fogel's book "The Escape from Hunger and Premature Death, 1700-2100: Europe, America, and the Third World" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0521004888 It basically helps up until the height 6'4", and which point side effects of gigantism start to set in, reducing life span again. True giants have miserable lives of continuous pain because their body is too heavy for their skeleton and joints, while living in darkness because their body has grown so big its squishing their optic nerve into blindness. André the Giant started wearing a steel back brace in his 20s, and did not live to be an old man, dying of congestive heart failure at age 47.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Importance of height

My observation has been that height does matter, but is one of several important physical traits that girls look for (manly, chiseled face; overall musculature and proportions; nice hair and teeth; etc.). So, I'd agree that it tends to be overestimated, but that still depends on what "range" you fall in.

Roughly speaking, from my observation:

5'3" and below: An automatic disqualification for most girls.
5'4" to 5'7": A negative that can be overcome with strengths in other areas.
5'8" to 5'10": Neutral. Height is not going to do you any favors or hurt you in most cases.
5'11" to 6'4": A positive. A majority of girls will perceive that particular trait as being desirable.
6'5" and above: Tall freak to most, unless you have mad swagger or social proof (e.g., power forward for the Atlanta Hawks).

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Importance of height

Quote: (07-02-2011 09:54 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Like Chad said, tall guys don't think their height helps them because girls never mention it. Maybe we take it for granted?

Its possible, so many guys talk about height being a big deal, my only major observation is that many other physical features will get mentioned openly, were I never have heard height mentioned once.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Importance of height

Quote: (07-02-2011 02:10 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

My observation has been that height does matter, but is one of several important physical traits that girls look for (manly, chiseled face; overall musculature and proportions; nice hair and teeth; etc.). So, I'd agree that it tends to be overestimated, but that still depends on what "range" you fall in.

Roughly speaking, from my observation:

5'3" and below: An automatic disqualification for most girls.
5'4" to 5'7": A negative that can be overcome with strengths in other areas.
5'8" to 5'10": Neutral. Height is not going to do you any favors or hurt you in most cases.
5'11" to 6'4": A positive. A majority of girls will perceive that particular trait as being desirable.
6'5" and above: Tall freak to most, unless you have mad swagger or social proof (e.g., power forward for the Atlanta Hawks).

When I was a teen I was very self-conscious about height because I had 6'2 friends while I'm 6'0. Now I realise that as long as you've got a fairly decent height you're fine. For shorter guys, game and swagger can put you ahead of the field. As always game is the ultimate equaliser.

Importance of height

Here is proof that height doesn't matter, from a guy doing data analysis on OKCupid accounts. For men, that's pretty damn flat (okay, there's a weird data point at 6'5").

Number of sex partners at age 30 by height:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.html/the-bi...ne-dating/
[Image: SexPartnersByHeight.png]

And given the article also establishes on average people exaggerate their own height by 2 inches, keep in mind that this is stated height and actually both men and women are all 2" less tall than they state they are. That makes the fall off for women after stated height 5'10" (actual height 5'8") interesting. Strong bias against tall women.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Importance of height

i am 6.1 ..for a time being when girl listen this she is amazed....but then she has no care for it.

i have many friend great with girls..banging here and there....they are all short heighted.

in the end......height doesnt matter. (unless you dont look like bona fide)

Importance of height

Height is very important. Perhaps the first real disqualifier in the girl's arsenal is "I only date tall guys". Looks and body language don't matter as much, just height. Part of it is biological - desire to be protected blah blah - and part is cultural, i.e. the sense of entitlement about how every girl should have her tall handsome prince. Being tall is not as much of a plus (it's taken for granted) as being short is as much of a minus.

I'm 163 cm (5'5'') and I feel the effects daily. It can be overcome with good posture, buffing up, body language, and game in general, but I would be lying if I said it weren't a significant impediment. If I was 6'0'' with my game, I would be swimming in pussy. Frankly, overcoming a threatening vibe from big height is much easier than overcoming a "nice guy" vibe from small height. Once you get past the initial problem (creating attraction - being shorter impedes the dominance frame somewhat), it won't matter.

My reaction: oh gods, no! Why have I been cursed so? [Image: biggrin.gif] But with game, you can overcome anything. I've had girls tell me that "they only feel safe with tall guys" and bang me the next hour. Go figure.

You can also see that many taller guys (and girls) have poor body language and walk slouched. If your body language is good, the height difference won't be nearly as pronounced.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Importance of height

What about shoes that increase you height up to 4 inches? If I would have the money I'll go for a limb/femur lengthening but for the moment it's not the case. In my country the surgery is around 24k dollars for 3". I'll play at Lotto anyway. I'm 5'7" by the way.

Importance of height

Quote: (07-04-2011 04:27 AM)Jack_007 Wrote:  

What about shoes that increase you height up to 4 inches? If I would have the money I'll go for a limb/femur lengthening but for the moment it's not the case. In my country the surgery is around 24k dollars for 3". I'll play at Lotto anyway. I'm 5'7" by the way.

aw come on he can't be serio

Importance of height

Quote: (07-04-2011 04:27 AM)Jack_007 Wrote:  

The shoes can help you in dark places like clubs where people are also drinking... but surgery? You're still stuck in the wrong mindset if you seriously consider than an option.

Importance of height

What the hell, Jack? Surgery? Despite all the health problems that could arise from that, I think that would be going too far. Besides the risk of looking like a Na'vi... [Image: tongue.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Importance of height

There are no health problems arising after surgery. If I would have the money I'll do it right now, it's something that will help me for the rest of my life. Just think about it, would you invest that money in a sport car or in a surgery? After 6 months your height can be above average. If you live in a big city nobody will blame you or make fun of you because they won't find out.

Women wear make up, high heels, push-ups, fake eyelids, fake nails, they remove face hair with laser, they inject botox in their lips, breast implants, butt implants. They show us a fake value. It's a superficial world. If you're not a famous person the only things you can rely on are looks and game. Who should I blame I had problems with my feet when I was a child? Fuck it, if I can change it, I'll do it.

Importance of height

No the problem is in your head, you've told yourself that your height is the source of all your problems and that if you only fix that you can have everything that's been denied you. That's the typical quick fix solution that's toxic to personal growth and actually working with your self-image.

Importance of height

Quote: (07-04-2011 07:32 AM)Jack_007 Wrote:  

There are no health problems arising after surgery. If I would have the money I'll do it right now, it's something that will help me for the rest of my life. Just think about it, would you invest that money in a sport car or in a surgery? After 6 months your height can be above average. If you live in a big city nobody will blame you or make fun of you because they won't find out.

Women wear make up, high heels, push-ups, fake eyelids, fake nails, they remove face hair with laser, they inject botox in their lips, breast implants, butt implants. They show us a fake value. It's a superficial world. If you're not a famous person the only things you can rely on are looks and game. Who should I blame I had problems with my feet when I was a child? Fuck it, if I can change it, I'll do it.

5"7 is tall enough. You could still be a beast at that height if you so choose to. You just have to develop your confidence to a level where your charisma overrides your height. I have seen a lot of guys like that, short guys with immovable confidence. They are solid like a rock and they pull like crazy.

Importance of height

Quote: (07-04-2011 01:48 AM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

Here is proof that height doesn't matter, from a guy doing data analysis on OKCupid accounts. For men, that's pretty damn flat (okay, there's a weird data point at 6'5").

Number of sex partners at age 30 by height:

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.html/the-bi...ne-dating/
[Image: SexPartnersByHeight.png]

And given the article also establishes on average people exaggerate their own height by 2 inches, keep in mind that this is stated height and actually both men and women are all 2" less tall than they state they are. That makes the fall off for women after stated height 5'10" (actual height 5'8") interesting. Strong bias against tall women.

That doesn't really prove anything since people can and do lie about their height and number of sex partners. Comparing only notch counts also might not give an accurate picture of how these people are doing relative to each other; if a 6'0" guy is banging 8's while a 5'6" guy is banging 6's then the 6'0" guy is doing better even if they have the same number of notches.

My take: height is a real factor that matters at the margins but not nearly as much as either men or women think it does. By far the most important factor in success with women is game, followed by (in approximate order) status, money, good looks, and height. The most significant way it can limit you is to the extent that it affects your confidence. Stop thinking of it as a problem, and it will pretty much cease to be one.