rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Universities Crack Down on Mistletoe, Secret Santas, and Christmas Colors

You knew this was coming, didn't you?

Several online news sources, notably CampusReform.org, are reporting: "Universities say mistletoe, Secret Santa, red and green decor aren't politically correct."

This story touches on three major occurrences:

1). Cornell has told students and staff mistletoe doesn't create an inclusive environment.

2). UT-Knoxville says if a Secret Santa exchange is planned it should be called "secret gift exchange."

3). Ohio State would prefer students and staff avoid the colors red and green to convey an "inclusive holiday spirit."

Putting aside the fact that in my day college administrators didn't run their schools like day care centers, I think this is the start of a trend.

In the aftermath of the recent San Bernadino shooting, the country will soon will begin to clamp down on workplace and school Christmas celebrations, since that's allegedly one of the things that upset the killer(s). But the way things work in the U.S. is they start at the colleges, work their way into the corporations, then get disseminated to the public. We're now in the first step of this.

Full story here.

Someone need to remake that "triggering" .gif with an angry Arab-looking person.

Or is it too soon?

If only you knew how bad things really are.

^^^
Its still just women who are offended. They moam about inclusiveness but still make Muslims wash thier feet in toilet stalls with a bucket. It is all a act.

They have no credibility. University now, is simply just the extension of the padded soft rooms that grade school and HS were. Damaged females can't function in environments that are not scrubbed clean to their standards.

This was easy to predict given what just happened with Halloween.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

The irony of all this is that all of the things that these dickheads are "offended" about are actually pagan symbols anyway.

Mistletoe, Christmas trees, and that are imports from Celtic and Teutonic pre-Christian rites.

So when these knob-warriors whine about how religion is oppressing them, they are talking in circles.

But I guess that's all irrelevant, of course.

The real agenda is to eradicate any sense of tradition, and to cut us off from any connection with our historic roots. This is how the cultural Bolshevist rat operates.

When we have been purged of all self-respect, pride, and identity, then they will make their bid for a total Bolshevist take-over.

What QC says is true.

It's because of the progressive "stack". (The more "oppressed" a group is, the more privilege they require.)

These universities will call European or Christian traditions "non-inclusive" while simultaneously, for instance, do something like introduce a Muslim call to prayer on campus. (Didn't Duke try to do that recently?)

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (12-04-2015 01:01 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

The irony of all this is that all of the things that these dickheads are "offended" about are actually pagan symbols anyway.

Mistletoe, Christmas trees, and that are imports from Celtic and Teutonic pre-Christian rites.

So when these knob-warriors whine about how religion is oppressing them, they are talking in circles.

But I guess that's all irrelevant, of course.

The real agenda is to eradicate any sense of tradition, and to cut us off from any connection with our historic roots. This is how the cultural Bolshevist rat operates.

When we have been purged of all self-respect, pride, and identity, then they will make their bid for a total Bolshevist take-over.

The Romans were cultural appropriators. It's not their fault though, it's the fault of Western European Christendom for being full of shitlords.

Tip of the ice berg gents, wait till we get into regular classes being taught 2+2=5

If my university clamped down on this, I would transform my bedroom in my on-campus apartment to this:

[Image: tumblr_meum4m8vjd1qi1n7s.jpg]

And walk around with this:

[Image: belt_mistletoe.jpg]

I'm only halfway through college and I'm already tired of PC bullshit. Of course I would do anything and everything to piss off ugly fat women and feminine men here who think they're important.

Goldhawkstar, did you have to take a women's study class yet? It was essentially paying a bunch of money to have jezebel posts read to you. I trolled my final paper by analyzing the masculine and feminine qualities of a specific South Park episode. The teacher was too dumb to pick up on the subtle jabs and gave me an A. I also had to retake bullshit history classes because I transferred schools.

At least my second half was all business classes with some cool red pill professors. A few super successful guys (and one older lady) who teach because they've lived it, not because they need the money. It's night and day between the lectures from academics who have never stepped out in the real world and those who have genuinely lived what they teach. I was lucky to get a couple professors who were big shot lawyers, businessmen, and salesmen.

First they want to destroy the tradition of Halloween. Now they want to destroy the tradition of Christmas.

It's Chinese New Year in February. I'm sure they will want to mess with the Chinese tradition of wearing red, decorating the doorways with red, giving red envelopes to children etc. The girl below will have to change into a brown coloured qipao.... Right?

[Image: Long-Cheongsam-Dress-Chinese-Traditional...-Qipao.jpg]

Because doing otherwise wouldn't be inclusive and might be triggering to people like myself who didn't grow up with the culture and am unable to accept that different cultures have traditions that, although the meaning may have been diluted or even lost, have value by virtue of being passed through the generations.

On any other month of the year, I wouldn't be offended by seeing this slender, feminine girl dressed in red, but during the season of Chinese New Year, I would be highly triggered. [Image: hump.gif]

Quote: (12-04-2015 01:01 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

That coinage actually made me laugh for a good 10 seconds.

Then my mind formed the image of a real life knob warrior.

Then I stopped laughing.

Quote: (12-04-2015 06:58 PM)Horus Wrote:  

[Image: Long-Cheongsam-Dress-Chinese-Traditional...-Qipao.jpg]

WB.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (12-04-2015 07:16 PM)Suits Wrote:  

WB.

Check out the elbows - you may want to reconsider.

Quote: (12-04-2015 07:22 PM)Horus Wrote:  

Quote: (12-04-2015 07:16 PM)Suits Wrote:  

WB.

Check out the elbows - you may want to reconsider.

You're absolutely right. I missed that. Those elbows are....triggering.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Haha! Never fear, gentlemen, this is merely the latest 4chan hoax, a la "free bleeding".

[Image: attachment.jpg28980]   

[Image: clap.gif]

Is it still a hoax if institutions go ahead and say "well that's a good idea!"?

You know they've done a good troll job when guys like Day of Broken Arrows and QC were fooled. However, it was really only a small step from the Halloween bullshit to this, so it's not that unbelievable. It's not like it was anything as far-fetched and retarded as #peeyourpantsforfeminism. Or was it? I really don't know what's real anymore....

That said, I hate it when my outrage turns out to be misplaced.

[Image: fuckthat2.gif]

Edit:
Quote: (12-05-2015 07:14 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

So the story about Cornell discouraging mistletoe and Christmas colours wasn't also fake? Then my outrage stands.

Even after discovering that this is all a hoax, I would still bang qipao.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (12-05-2015 07:21 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Even after discovering that this is all a hoax, I would still bang qipao.

Yes!! I successfully derailed the thread with qipao girl!

Good point. 4chan, if you're watching, please find a way to hoax feminists into preparing delicious snacks for men.

Nothing with sourdough though, please.

I wonder if that study proving that women who ingest semen reduce their risk of breast cancer was also a giant hoax job?

[Image: mindblown.gif]

Quote: (12-05-2015 07:17 AM)Horus Wrote:  

You know they've done a good troll job when guys like Day of Broken Arrows and QC were fooled. However, it was really only a small step from the Halloween bullshit to this, so it's not that unbelievable. It's not like it was anything as far-fetched and retarded as #peeyourpantsforfeminism. Or was it? I really don't know what's real anymore....

That said, I hate it when my outrage turns out to be misplaced.

[Image: fuckthat2.gif]

Edit:

So the story about Cornell discouraging mistletoe and Christmas colours wasn't also fake? Then my outrage stands.

"You know they've done a good troll job when guys like Day of Broken Arrows and QC were fooled."

That's all well and good except for one thing: What's being reported is, in fact, real. The 4Chan trolling is unrelated to the story.

If you read the article and follow its links, you will see that each example leads to actual documents from the Web sites of colleges. Below I've isolated some sentences from the story along with the links that go with each (all of which are, again, contained in this article):

1). "UT-Knoxville’s set of guidelines suggests holiday parties should have no emphasis on religion or culture..."
This sentence links to the University of Tennessee Knoxville's Web site:
http://diversity.utk.edu/resources/holidays/

2). "Students and staff are encouraged to be “thoughtful in [their] decorating choices” at Ohio State."
Here is the link to that on a page put out by Ohio State's Office of Diversity and Inclusion (yes, there really is such an office): https://odi.osu.edu/about/ohio-state-div...tices.html

3). "Cornell University was slightly more conspicuous with its “Guidelines for Inclusive Seasonal Displays..."
The Cornell link is in PDF form. Scroll down to the second page to see their guidelines on religious celebrations: https://sp.ehs.cornell.edu/fps/fire-code...ations.pdf

After following those links and learning more about what these colleges really are up to, I now wish I was wrong and it all really was a 4Chan hoax. Colleges can no longer be satirized. They have descended into a state of self-parody.

From one of the links Days of Broken Arrows included, this as an excerpt from the Fire Safety Regulation for Holiday Decorations.

Quote:Quote:

Winter Holiday Displays/Decorations that are Consistent with Cornell’s Commitment to Diversity and the University Assembly Guidelines:
•Snowflakes
•Trees (in accordance with Fire Safety Guidelines) decorated with snowflakes and other non-religious symbols

Winter Holiday Displays/Decorations that are Consistent with University Assembly Guidelines But Should be Basis of Dialogue Within Unit or Living Area
•Trees decorated with bows, garland and lights (in accordance with Fire Safety Guidelines)
•Wreaths with bows (in accordance with Fire Safety Guidelines)
•Combination of snowflakes, (in accordance with Fire Safety Guidelines), Santa Claus figure, and dreidel
•Holly

Winter Holiday Displays/Decorations that are NOT Consistent with Either University Assembly Guidelines or the University’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
•Nativity scene
•Menorah
•Angels
•Mistletoe
•Stars at the top of trees
•Crosses
•Star of David

Is university really like this in the USA these days? I'm not American and my university days are long behind me, but do students on the whole take this seriously, or is it just something for the retarded few while everyone else does whatever they want? I lived in a very multicultural dorm in university, but if admin told us we couldn't have angels on our tree, we would have decorated the entire rec room with angels.

And apologies to Days of Broken Arrows and QC. I actually meant that with respect, but I was premature.

Quote: (12-04-2015 06:32 PM)wi30 Wrote:  

Goldhawkstar, did you have to take a women's study class yet? It was essentially paying a bunch of money to have jezebel posts read to you. I trolled my final paper by analyzing the masculine and feminine qualities of a specific South Park episode. The teacher was too dumb to pick up on the subtle jabs and gave me an A. I also had to retake bullshit history classes because I transferred schools.

At least my second half was all business classes with some cool red pill professors. A few super successful guys (and one older lady) who teach because they've lived it, not because they need the money. It's night and day between the lectures from academics who have never stepped out in the real world and those who have genuinely lived what they teach. I was lucky to get a couple professors who were big shot lawyers, businessmen, and salesmen.

I haven't yet, but I may at some point in my last three semesters.

My first half has been mostly Gen. Ed. classes, and even though I haven't taken a specific women's studies class (not required at my university to graduate), these classes are where I get a lot of the typical blue pill preaching. For example, I took a class related to politics by an early-30's ex-Californian single mother. Got a lot of pro-Hillary talk, poking fun at right-winger politicians, etc. Had to force blue pill talk in my tests to get a good grade...which actually made it easy. General rule of thumb: Saying anything related to "Government is good, Reagan was bad" would get me a good score. Thank god this was right before Trump announced his bid. [Image: lol.gif]

Now I'm done with all but two of my Gen. Ed classes, so I'm focusing on classes for my Criminology and Economics majors. More neutral and red pill teachings, more male professors who are older and have a successful past, more professors who "teach because they've lived it" as you said, or teach because they genuinely enjoy it and don't even need the money anymore. Obviously these are the more interesting professors and classes that actually matter and benefit me.

But I just picked up a Sociology minor, of which I'll just have to take 5 electives within my last three semesters. Looking at the list, I've noticed a few classes that stick out. Two of these are Men and Masculinities and Feminist Theories in the Social Sciences. Thinking of taking both in the same semester. [Image: banana.gif]