rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mark Zuckerberg To "Give Away" 99% Of His Facebook Shares.....

To the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.

So basically, he isn't giving away shit.

Maybe this forum has made me paranoid, but isn't this basically what all billionaire cultural Marxists do with their money?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34978249

Quote:Quote:

Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan say they will give away 99% of their shares in the company to good causes as they announce the birth of their daughter Max.

Mr Zuckerberg made the announcement in a letter to Max on his Facebook page.

He said they were donating their fortune to the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative to make the world a better place for Max to grow up in.

The donation amounts to $45bn (£30bn) at Facebook's current value.

However the shares will not be donated to charity immediately, but over the course of the couple's lives.

Were Mr Zuckerberg to give away 99% of his shares immediately, he would still possess hundreds of millions of dollars. Ms Chan's worth has not been documented.

Max was born last week, although her birth was only made public on Tuesday.

In his letter Mr Zuckerberg said the aim of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is "to advance human potential and promote equality for all children in the next generation".

Its initial areas of focus will be personalised learning, curing disease, connecting people and building strong communities.
Image copyright Reuters
Image caption Both Ms Chan and Mr Zuckerberg are taking parental leave

"Your mother and I don't yet have the words to describe the hope you give us for the future," Mr Zuckerberg said at the start of his letter to Max.

"You've already given us a reason to reflect on the world we hope you live in," it added.

Where should Zuckerberg put his money?

Cellan-Jones: How Mark Zuckerberg (wisely) ignored my advice

The great Facebook giveaway

Dave Lee, BBC North America Technology Reporter, San Francisco

Billionaire investor Warren Buffet congratulated Zuckerberg and Chan, proclaiming that when it comes to giving away your fortune, "30 is the new 70".

No longer should billionaires wait to die before handing over money to a different generation, Buffet said, in a gushing approval of Silicon Valley's newest and most influential power couple.

Everything Mark Zuckerberg does is eyed with intense scrutiny, not least due to the nature of Facebook's business of making money from personal data.

But while the 31-year-old's previous charitable efforts have been criticised for being too focused on building Facebook's user base, this latest pledge appears to leave the Facebook business to one side.

It's a continuation of what we've seen developing over the past six months, where Zuckerberg appears at ease hosting heads of state as he does in the company of his own development team.

The days of Mark Zuckerberg being seen as a nerdy, awkward tech dork are well behind us.

His ambition now is clearly to be a significant figure on the global political stage.

Read more: Silicon Valley's new power couple

The letter highlighted the important role of technology in achieving the couple's goals of advancing human potential and equality.
Jump media player
Media player help
Out of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
Media captionIs Facebook founder the most generous of all time?

"Many of the greatest opportunities for your generation will come from giving everyone access to the internet," Mr Zuckerberg wrote to his daughter.

He said more details about the donation will be released once he and Ms Chan return from paternity and maternity leave.

Mr Zuckerberg said he will remain chief executive of Facebook for "many, many years to come".

In a filing to the US Securities and Exchange Commision, Facebook said that Mr Zuckerberg "plans to sell or gift no more than $1bn of Facebook stock each year for the next three years and that he intends to retain his majority voting position...for the foreseeable future."

A girl named Max [Image: dodgy.gif]

So donating it to his own organization, wouldn't this be a tax write off over the years ?

If they really wanted to make the world a better place they could just shut FaceBook down altogether.

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (12-02-2015 01:00 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Would that make her...Mad?

Ahh another oligarch locking away his gains from the tax man.

Cuckerburg gets to "donate" his shares to a foundation which conveniently he gets to write off against future earnings. The foundation can then sell those shares capital gains tax free.

Even better is he can now pay a small group of people the right to "manage" it and then put his daughter in charge of it when she comes of age. They'll pay her a salary of $350,000 and her and her ilk will be set for life.

Biggest f*cking scam in the world. And the libtards get to think that Cuckerburg is being a good guy buy giving it to charity. Ha!

He's doing it for the tax benefits. It's a smart business move, not one based on blind altruism.

Quote: (12-02-2015 12:58 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

To the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.

So basically, he isn't giving away shit.

Maybe this forum has made me paranoid, but isn't this basically what all billionaire cultural Marxists do with their money?

Pretty much what I was thinking when I saw this.

Shares --> 'morally questionable NGO'

But hey- maybe he will actually do some good things with this. It's possible. I doubt it though given Zuckerburg's previous positions on global politics. Looks like Zuck wants to follow the George Soros blueprint.

Also tax reasons.

@kausmickey: I'd rather live in world where Zuckerberg didn't have $45B 2 "give" but citizens cld earn a decent living w/o being replaced by guestworkers

@kausmickey: Sound old left position: Save workers from "demoralization at the hands of sentimental almsgivers." New left position: It's Giving Tuesday!

Take care of those titties for me.

Right in time before Soros dies. I wonder what "causes" Zuckerberg will support.

Quote: (12-02-2015 01:12 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Right in time before Soros dies. I wonder what "causes" Zuckerberg will support.

Surely it'll be freedom of information, freedom of speech, and making American great again. [Image: rolleyes.gif]

Quote: (12-02-2015 01:12 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Unfortunately, Soros has a couple sons who share their fathers penchant for nation wrecking.

Take care of those titties for me.

So donating it to his own organization, wouldn't this be a tax write off over the years ?

Playing devil's advocate, her name could be Maxine.

I got respect for Mark, rich with a seemingly loyal wife. I dont understand the hate. Cant knock his hustle.

Don't debate me.

Yes.

It is the same scam that Bill Gates pulled to protect his wealth post Microsoft.

Its a tax scheme with dangerous aggressive self-absorbed thought put into it. The money will be blown on improving the well being of temp visa workers from South Asia (over hiring Americans), or paying women to (forcibly) join tech.

Quote: (12-02-2015 01:35 PM)Pride male Wrote:  

I got respect for Mark, rich with a seemingly loyal wife. I dont understand the hate. Cant knock his hustle.

Of course she's loyal.

She's ugly and married one of the richest men on the planet.

But that isn't why he gets hate.

It will mostly go towards funding various national springs and color revolutions all around the world. Oh joy.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

And some guys wonder why we need values.

Acting in your self interest by having a girl cheat on her bf with you? No worries.

Zuckerberg acting in his self interest by funding supporting causes and dodging taxes? HATE HATE HATE

Not saying what Zuck is doing is right (in fact he pretty much sold out the entire world), but I did want to point out the hypocrisy among some.

When making billions gets boring, why not put your energy into changing the course of history while getting altruism brownie points for it?

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

What's worse is that he put his name after his wife's in the charity that he started.

Quote: (12-02-2015 02:58 PM)262 Wrote:  

And some guys wonder why we need values.

Acting in your self interest by having a girl cheat on her bf with you? No worries.

Zuckerberg acting in his self interest by funding supporting causes and dodging taxes? HATE HATE HATE

Not saying what Zuck is doing is right (in fact he pretty much sold out the entire world), but I did want to point out the hypocrisy among some.

Huh? The girl is the one who controls whether she cheats or not, not us. If anything, anyone here would denounce her for "acting in her self-interest".

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Yeah I'm not saying a cheating girl is innocent (she's not). But I am saying if you know she has a legit bf, you aren't exactly being selfless by profiting from her cheating.

Going back to Zuck, raging narcissists aren't innocent as well. But Zuck isn't exactly being selfless by profiting from it with Facebook.

Edit: Also note that I'm not saying anyone should always be selfless. Doormats get walked on. But if we get to be selfish all the time, why don't elites like Zuck get to be so too?

Dorkerberg here is simply playing the standard tax-shenanigans game of the uber-rich.

They move shit around, shuffle the deck, and PRESTO!: all is well.

Notice that he is giving away his SHARES, not raw cash. There is a difference. A business owner can get potentially huge cost savings by doing things this way, especially when the shares have fluctuated in value on the open market.

Bottom line?

'Ol Dorkerberg--that smirking, snickering, sweatshirt-wearing knob warrior with the supremely punchable face and moral grounding of a rudderless raft--is actually MAKING money by donating his shares.

And the media is trying to paint him as a hero, to boot.

Try to figure that one out...

Ah, humanity.

His wife is not Priscilla Zuckerberg? What a cuck.

Quote: (12-02-2015 01:35 PM)Pride male Wrote:  

[Image: 1442721730592.gif]

He's a spergy, androgynous autist with no honor, no moral code, and no loyalty to anything bigger than himself. He's a perfect example of the type of person(I'm not going to use the word 'man' to describe him) that AnonymousBosch occasionally posts about(correct me if I'm wrong AB), the type that would immediately turn on the group/gang/tribe if his own safety was a stake. Cuckerburg is not worthy of anyone's respect, certainly not the respect of anyone on this forum.

And even if you're a fedora that doesn't place any value on any of that, he's not even good at being a value-less hedonist. He's married to the one Asian girl on the planet that I don't want to fuck. He's a multi-billionaire married to a girl that I would have considered below me even as a game-less virgin in junior-high. That's about as impressive as me keeping a full body burn victim loyal.

But like Rio said, that isn't why he's hated.

He's hated because he's evil. He's working 24/7 to weaken the pillars of civilization, spread degeneracy, and wreck nations, all while helping Frau Merkel and the nu-stasi censor wrongthink™. If there is such a thing as real, objective evil, then people like Zuckerburg and Soros are it.

Zuckerberg actually made a good product, although with help from the Napster founder, but still most of you use it.
If Zuckerberg had a 10 wife instead of 5, he would get respect here.