rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brazil's nationwide review/Race Status &the truth about 60y.old men wearing speedos

Brazil's nationwide review/Race Status &the truth about 60y.old men wearing speedos

I’ve been receiving several PMs from guys asking about Brazil since I joined Rooshv.

I think it’s about time for me do Break down the scene here from my own experience/opinion living and banging in this continental South-American country.

First of all, keep in mind that Brazil is a huge country, with a population of almost 200 million people.

So it will be much more diverse than Colombia or Argentina and it is not like Sweden where almost everybody comes from the same gene pool (9 Million People)

As a result, choosing which country/city to stay in Brazil will DRAMATICALLY change your experience. Brazil is in reality a collection of several small countries (states) packed together by the same language and few cultural similarities.

Brazil is HUGELY socially divided, in the same cities there will be places that look like Switzerland and others who could easily be somewhere in Nigeria or Haiti. Girls quality will change RADICALLY depending on social status.

Also, it’s important to say that I look more like the average Portuguese/Italian guy than the average Brazilian guy in the streets, who often has some African/brown features mixed with European features.

So the views I’ll share here probably were affected by how I look and how my racial/social status is perceived by locals of a determined region/state.

In addition I’m a Young guy so my experience comes from dealing mostly with under 30 yr old girls and spots.

I will report from what I’ve seen and learned in the most important regions, I’ll skip places that I’ve never visited nor have experience with locals.

Rio de Janeiro

Is for Brazil what LA, Hollywood is for the US. Home of Globo Network, the largest media conglomerate in Brazil , responsible for producing the world-famous Brazilian telenovelas and the most successful Brazilian movies.

Wannabe actors/singers from all places in Brazil and Latin America go to Rio to live the dream. So you will find lots of posers and vain/shallow people there (Go to POSTO 9 in Praia da Barra to see some specimens).

Also Rio is by far the most visited and famous city in Brazil. This means that tons of thirsty Americans, Italians and so on come to Rio to pussy-hunt. This means that almost all Cariocas have experience meeting/banging gringos. So by solely being a foreigner won’t be a game-changer. But use the “Gringo factor” with game and funny lines to see good results.

Night Life: Good clubs, many options of bars, samba spots and more laid back venues.
I couldn’t go any further than Roosh did on Brazil compendium.
Girls: Mostly tanned/Brown skin . Some EU looking here and there. Plenty of stunners and hot bodied girls on the beach / calçadão. Although you will definitely find bitchy attitude, the average Carioca is laid back, funny and open.
- Exotic value as a gringo

[Image: attachment.jpg1953]   

São Paulo city and State
If Rio is Hollywood , São Paulo is our NYC.
As the largest financial center in Latin America , professionals and money-chasing men and women come here to “make it”. You will see lots of variety regarding race , looks and attitude.

Your set of options is so wide here that you can feel overwhelmed and confused in SP. It is crucial to know where to go and when to go first hand. Going as loose cannon will lead invariably to disappointment.

Yes, it is expensive for Latin America standards but it is truly a city for all pockets and tastes. From the G to the backpacker bum. Nightlife is incredible.

São Paulo is easily the most Americanized city in Brazil. If at first this means a high level of development , English speakers , cosmopolitan vibe and acess to culture , on the other hand there are some important down sides of the exposure to the anglosphere culture.

Paulistas grew up watching crappy American sitcoms ( 2 and a half men , friends , 90210 etc) and Girls are HIGHLY influenced by Sex and the city / Gossip Girl.

This means they dream about marrying “MR BIG” and you American folks know well what that means first hand. Shitty girls wondering why a tall, rich and handsome guy won’t show up on their doors.

In SP like any big metropolitan area people are always in a hurry and with money on their minds.

Unfortunately is not unusual to hear the same crap that you hear from your typical DC girl , especially in trendy/high end spots .

” Do you have and MBA ? Where do you work ? What you drive ?” BS.

They will try to fit you in the Beta provider Role. Avoid the trap.

When in SP ,It’s a good thing to stick to the middle/high class neighborhoods and financial districts like Paulista AV. , Faria Lima , Berrini . In those places you’ll see tons of fly girls on buses ,cars and on the streets. I see smoking fly girls everyday on my way to work.

It’s important to acknowledge that Sao Paulo is very based on car culture and mall culture. The public transport is not very good and I know many girls who simply don’t walk on the streets, they go everywhere by car. This can lead to disappointment, because in several places you will only see ugly people walking in the streets. So one more time location and proper research is crucial when choosing where to stay in SP.

Clubs and malls are better options to find fly girls , there you will find what Brazil is all about, and not walking downtown. High-heels everywhere. Paulistanas avoid flip-flops.

The small cities in the state are very good, with tons of good looking and less-bitchy girls.
+Exotic value as a gringo

Girls you easily find in SP venues:

[Image: attachment.jpg1954]   

Girls: Mostly southern EU Looking (White skin / dark hair) few blondes and a good portion of black /brown skin . Tons of Asians.
Overall Attitude: Always in a hurry , money –chasers , gold-diggers and down-to-earth strugglers. Open to day game and ONS / SNL
Night Life : World class venues , lots of places to go

Minas Gerais (Belo Horizonte) and Espirito Santo (Vitoria)
More Family oriented and church-goer .I find both states similar regarding attitude.
Belo Horizonte is very metropolitan so it is more prone to ONS / Western culture.
Overall Minas is a good place for nurture Girls. There girls are raised to marry a good provider and to take care of their husband and kids. If someday I decide to look for a Brazilian wife, I’ll look in Minas.
Social circle is important in minas but people there are more open than in Vitoria,Espirito Santo. It is good to make some (male) friends and then let them introduce you to the girls.
In Minas with a “Good guy , prince charming vibe” you can swoop family girls no problem. It is really one of the places where my success rate is higher in Brazil.
In Vitoria is harder to access without previous social circle because they are more suspicious of foreigners. Focus on getting to know people and building social proof.
This physical appearance is easily found on the average mineira Girl. And they like to cook!!
+ Exotic Value as a Gringo

[Image: attachment.jpg1956]   

Norte e Nordeste (Bahia , Ceara , Pernambuco , Rio Grande do Norte (Natal) , etc
If you want the most exotic and far-from-America experience then Nordeste is a no-brainer.
Beautiful beaches and sceneries , Laid back attitude and low cost opportunities. Here your dollar will go further .
If you are white skinned and good –looking you will clean house here. As a Paulista I was treated almost like a celebrity in some places , girls look at you as if you were a rockstar or something , even though that are tons of tourists in the area.
On the downside , it is the poorest region of Brazil so you will have to deal with beggars ,starving kids harassing you on the streets for money , and tons of shady characters trying to sell you garbage and gringo-charging(charging a higher fee because you are an outsider) you for services and goods.
The attitude is incredible in Nordeste , the motto “Sorria , você esta na Bahia) (Smile ,you are in Bahia) says it all. Its very easy to make friends and have a good time . The weather is also fantastic (If you like hot weather)
Girls: Mostly Brown/Black skinned . Large African community.
NightLife: Small , few options ,but some good places to go.

average Nordestina Girl:
[Image: attachment.jpg1955]   

SUL - Southern States (Rio Grande do Sul (Porto Alegre) ,Paraná (Curitiba) , Santa Catarina (Florianopolis)
Gauchos are very proud of their origins and traditions.Their society is based on values such as family , blood-line , respect ,courage and honor. It is common to hear other Brazilians joking about this whole Gaucho Macho culture ,saying often that they are closet gays and stuff.
But actually the South is the most efficient and developed region in Brazil and they have plenty of motives to be proud of their homeland. This is by far my favorite region in Brazil.
In SUL , people tend to be polite but somewhat reserved and skeptical at first. Similar to the vibe in a North European country. But after talking with them for a while , the Ice melts and the Brazilian vibe flourishes .
But don’t expect the hospitality that you will find in Nordeste.
I recommend Florianopolis because it is a very beautiful Island with marvelous beaches and mountains, combined with Mediterranean EU/Nordic looking girls.
Tons of argentinas there in the summer so it’s a good place to get your argie flag with less effort.
Points up if you are black and swole, I usually saw mediocre looking brown/black guys making out with beautiful argies near canasvieras beach. I think they dig the black / hip – hop look.
Curitiba is a nice and developed urban area ,but the girls are tougher than in SP.
I recommend going to the small / medium cities in Rio Grande do Sul state to swoop incredible girls with less effort. Large German /Italian community in this region. Male friends / Social circle needed.
It is no surprise that 90% of the Brazilian models come from here. But you gotta dig the Nordic / White look.

Nightlife: Good , lots of options.
Attitude: reserved ,polite .Not so money-driven like SP.

A beautiful Gaucha holding a Chimarrão , a popular beverage in the south.

[Image: attachment.jpg1957]   

Oktoberfest in Blumenau, Santa Catarina. As you can see large German influence on the region.

[Image: attachment.jpg1958]   

Centro Oeste ( Goias and Brazilia)
I’ve never visited the region but from what I’ve heard the girls there are gorgeous ,and sertanejo(country music) culture is huge , especially in Goias.Go if you want a hot-bodied cow girl. They tend to be easy.
Brasilia is our Washington DC where the federal govt. is so there are plenty of money-chasers.
Other guys on the forum could go further on the area than myself.

Totem pole of racial attractiveness
Considering the average view in the country this is what I can say about this:

Blond: Top of the chain on most regions. If you are good looking you will clean house almost everywhere. Avoid the South states to increase your exotic value.
When TV Show “The OC” was being broadcasted here , the character Ryan was huge here.All the girls were dreaming with a guy like that. If you have strong blue eyes more points for you.

Black/Brown: No exotic value . There tons of black guys everywhere and they are often the poorest. Show DHV and dress classy to stand-out. As an English-speaking gringo , points up.
Latin / Darker Features : No exotic value . Rely on Game , looks and DHV as usual.
Asian: Regarded as “Rich” in some places , avoid SP to increase your exotic value. One of the biggest players I know here is Asian. He bangs girls who could be on the cover of GQ/Playboy.
There is the small dick / bad lay stigma, but you can overplay it by being funny and good looking
Arab / Persian: Nada. You will look like a local

FAQ

Now some examples of PM’s I received about Brazil.

Q: Mr Gm, I went to Brazil looking for Brown skinned chicks but the girls were white and had bitch-shields.I was highly disappointed,do you think that it was due to the fact that I were in Florianopolis?
A: Yes, for brown skin and easy lays you should have gone up north. Southern cities can be more like Germany than like the cliché Brazilian image.
Q: I went to Sao Paulo and really didn’t see many stunners on the streets. Hot girls were only on clubs and malls. It is really like this or It was bad logistics?
A:Well,there are some places like Jardins, Faria Lima etc where you will see model-looking girls walking on the streets. But these places are few and far.
To be honest on an average I saw more pretty faces in the streets in Portugal and Spain than in Sao Paulo. But Brazil wins when it comes to body quality and the number of hot girls in clubs and bars.
Blame the car culture in Sao Paulo.
Q: I keep reading Mixx stating about 60-year-old men in Speedos kicking soccer balls in the beach instead of Adriana Limas, Giselles and Ambrosios.Whats your opinion about it?
A:Yes, in beaches and summer spots will can go the wrong places if don’t know where to go. People tend to stay in “tribes” , often located in certain spots in a beach or beaches with a youger crowd. I think Mixx had a bad experience, but I’m sure you can find Hot Girls in any beach in Rio.
But I got to agree with him on butterfaces tough, there are plenty of these here in Brazil. Portugal was better in the average face quality. But in Sao Paulo and specially in the South there are few butterfaces than in Rio.

Q: I don't like the world Gringo.Don't you guys find it disrespectful.
A:I Agree that calling every foreigner a Gringo is too simple and stupid , but thats just the way it is. It is not disrespectful at all if a girl calls you Gringo.

Some girls from Norte e Nordeste in this dutch video:

*You can actually see at 1:33 an old guy wearing speedos kicking a Soccer ball!! LOL MIXX

average Cariocas talking about differences between Gringos and Brazilian guys.

Basically they are bitching that the Brazilian men is too rude/aggresive and the Gringo tends to be more polite (Ie Betas buying stuff for them, cumpliment and cuddle BS) but overall less sexy in bed. Don't be that guy!

Some Southern miss small town Gaucha contest.Smells a lil bit like scandinavia right?

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Ha!!! Old geezers in Speedos! At first wind I heard of this, I laughed my ass off to think old, fat men dare wear Speedos; then I saw them with my own eyes and went from laffin' to Barffin'

As a Latin man, NOT ARGENTINIAN! I had the best success with women in Brasilia.

[Image: dodgy.gif]

[Image: potd.gif]

Mixx

great post

Awesome breakdown, Mr.GM! You and I share a love for that Nordic look.

I'd like to join that beautiful Gaucha for a Chimarrão!

Nice post, just one thing...

Quote:Quote:

The public transport is not very good

The metro line goes practically everywhere a visitor would need to go, it's pretty good IMO.

Quote: (06-15-2011 01:49 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Unfortunately is not unusual to hear the same crap that you hear from your typical DC girl , especially in trendy/high end spots .

” Do you have an MBA ? Where do you work ? What you drive ?” BS.

They will try to fit you in the Beta provider Role. Avoid the trap.

I NEVER had a girl giving me this crap here in Rio. I do tend to go to more alternative venues nevertheless.

Quote: (06-15-2011 04:39 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

I NEVER had a girl giving me this crap here in Rio. I do tend to go to more alternative venues nevertheless.

Amour like I said,I Think this represents more the SP scene.Probably Rio is more laid-back on this aspect.I hope it is.Lucky you.

I work in the corporate/multinational rat race and sadly this kinda crap is an usual discussion topic in hang-outs/clubs near financial districts such as Faria Lima and Berrini.Avoid those places in SP if you don't want Fly gold-diggers checking you out to see if you have potential to be a (Beta)provider or not.
On the other hand they tend to be hot and well dressed ,so use your "acting" skills to deceive those bitches.They will find out eventually that you don't have a big office in your company , but why care after You've banged ?

Quote: (06-15-2011 04:38 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

The metro line goes practically everywhere a visitor would need to go, it's pretty good IMO.

Gringo comparing to Europe and NYC ,I think it is not that good. Maybe its good for a tourist but for daily life is not very good at all.We have very few metro stations comparing to London,NYC,Paris etc.I need 2 crowded and slow buses to get to where I work ,because we don't have a metro station there. And it is in one of the largest financial quarters in SP.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Mr. GM, I was just further confirming your point [Image: angel.gif]

Quote: (06-15-2011 04:52 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2011 04:38 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

Gringo comparing to Europe and NYC ,I think it is not that good. Maybe its good for a tourist but for daily life is not very good at all.We have very few metro stations comparing to London,NYC,Paris etc.I need 2 crowded and slow buses to get to where I work ,because we don't have a metro station there. And it is in one of the largest financial quarters in SP.

Metro / Subway in Rio is even poorer. Although I find it clean and well-treated, it goes practically nowhere compared to the size of the city.

But transportation in Rio is changing fast, due to the 2012 World Cup and the 2014 Olympics (or the other way round I wouldn't know). This also means that things are getting more expensive.

I've been living permanently in Brazil for 12 years and have traveled all over here, and before that grew up traveling back and forth on holidays because my father is Brazilian. Mr. GM has just put into words what many have tried and few have succeeded, along with photos which accurately represent the regional differences between the women. Granted they're above average, but I think the point was to show the differences and not necessarily their hotness.

More about Minas Gerais:
I live in the state of Rio now, but lived 3 years in Minas Gerais in a town not known for having many gringos. If you're looking for a truly Brazilian experience where being American is a huge plus, pick a smaller town in the interior of Minas and stay put for at least 2 weeks. You'll be almost guaranteed the cream of the crop of single women. Not only are they gorgeous, with light brown skin skin, sensual lips and really fine bodies, but Minas is known for a radically disproportionate ratio of women to men. The locals always seem to claim from 3:1 up to 8:1 ratios which is biologically impossible, but when you actually go and see for yourself you will start to believe it.

One thing about Minas that can't be stressed enough is that you can't act like a horny tourist. Girls here are looking for real men with their shit together who they would have no problem introducing to their friends and family. The good news is there's not a lot of the gringo exploitation that is so common with women from Rio. Sidenote: If you travel to Brazil, meet a woman in Rio the first week you're here and think you've met the love of your life, STOP RIGHT THERE!!! I hate to generalize, but 90% of all Rio women/foreign men relationships end in heartbreak and financial crisis if not ruin. Back to Minas, these women are ideal for LTR or marriage, with the added bonus that most don't have illusions of quick marriages. They are more realistic about relationships and it's not uncommon for couples to date 10 years before marriage. Be warned however... If you marry a Mineira you are also marrying her family. I don't mean that they'll want to all move into your small apartment and leach off you for the rest of your life, but you will be expected to become part of their "tribe" and play an active role in the extended family which is often huge! This could be a bonus if you enjoy family life, but in my case it was a huge factor in my eventual divorce.

Night game is key here. There's not a lot of clubs outside of Belo Horizonte. Instead there's usually a few spots in town where most of the singles congregate, usually seating style in big outdoor restaurants and in the streets. You need to make friends with the guys during the day which is easy unless you're a dick, then go out wherever they go at night. You'll be their VIP guest wherever you go and they're usually shameless about pushing women on you, even if your Portuguese is terrible. They still love Americans, but be ready for some good-nature ribbing about you voting for Bush! Also important... do not sleep with the first slut who starts ogling you. You'll ruin your rep for the rest of your stay. Play it very cool and let their curiosity build, hold out a few days even if you meet one that you like. Too many guys cave in early, and when the girls of their dreams shows up they've already got a woman of lesser quality wrapped around their arm. She will NOT let go of you and fight over you if necessary... competition is fierce here! This strategy is tried and true, and I met my future ex-wife this way. She was easily one of the most beautiful women in the city... 21 and with a long list of locals in love with her.

Great second tier towns in Minas are:
Ouro Preto
Ouro Verde
Diamantina
Teofilo Otoni

These are great bases to go out to the even smaller towns where Americans are even more exotic and you get A LOT of looks from the women. These are the tiny, poorer towns where guys from the 2nd tier cities go trolling for women during the day... always a lot of fun to go as a group, with high probability of a day pick-up where you then go to the local waterfall/make-out spot and get your "Mineirinha" flag!

... funerals are insane, the chicks are so horny, its not even fair, its like fishing with dynamite ... Ma!!! The meat loaf!!!

Awesome post Mr.G! You did a very good breakdown of things are in Brasil, specially with a good regional review.
Damn dude, your post has given me a tremendous saudade and I want to return to Brasil asap. Great point about befriending guys and social network as that's huge in Brasil. Spot on again on not sleeping with the first girl that you see as that may cost you a real hottie.
My type of girl is the moreninha, that is tanned girl, with slender body, curly hair and if she has those killer tan lines, so much better. Overall, I'd say that the Mineira look is what I like the most and Brazmerican, you're spot on that small interior cities in Minas are the way to go. I have been to Brasil numerous times before, I speak fluent Portuguese but I've yet to make it to Minas. Where in Minas would you recommend as far as 2nd tier cities or would you say to stick with BH for the first time?

Eu acho este repote muito legado. Muito Obrigado!

Quote: (06-15-2011 06:24 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Overall, I'd say that the Mineira look is what I like the most and Brazmerican, you're spot on that small interior cities in Minas are the way to go. I have been to Brasil numerous times before, I speak fluent Portuguese but I've yet to make it to Minas. Where in Minas would you recommend as far as 2nd tier cities or would you say to stick with BH for the first time?

It really depends on how much time you have in order to give a good recommendation, but in general if you want the "real deal" you need to stay out of BH. There is a ridiculous number of hotties there, but it has become a rich city and a lot of the younger girls have a spoiled daddy's girl attitude, and much harder to approach in general. The centro of BH you should hit one night on your way in or on your way out of Minas because of it's great night life, but it's totally different than the rest of Minas and you won't get as much of a Brazilian experience. Two of my favorite towns in Minas are Ouro Preto and Diamantina. Diamantina I fell in love with... really cool historical buildings and beautiful landscapes, but it gets small after a couple of days. If you have time and want to go really off the beaten track, check out Teofilo Otoni on your way to Bahia. It's a medium sized city and it's famous for semi-precious stones, and recently some new universities have been built there. There were already TONS of girls when I lived there, but apparently the numbers have tripled after the universities. It's also a great place to use as a base for the day trips I mentioned before, but you definitely need a local contact.

... funerals are insane, the chicks are so horny, its not even fair, its like fishing with dynamite ... Ma!!! The meat loaf!!!

I'd have around 6 months or so in Brasil. Not sure yet how i'd want to divide that time between the different regions. I was thinking maybe 1 month in a different city for 5 months but if in the process, I like what I see in a specific city, then I'd stay there for longer.
Cities that are on my short list are: BH, João Pessoa, SP, Uberlandia (I keep on hearing mad positive stuff about this city), Rio and Goiania. Other cities I have in mind: Cuiaba (again, I've met some stunning girls from there and they all tell me they're a ton of girls there and that's what my Brasilian contacts keep on telling me) and Belem, from where I have seen some very very sexy girls. Anyone from here been there? Mr. GM or Brazmerican? Even Chocolatinha perhaps?

I wish I could help more but don't have any experience in those other cities except for Belem, which is a paradise if you like more indigenous looking girls who love to fuck the white man. Again.... day trips out of the city.
I have also heard good reports on Goiania.
I'm surprised Recife didn't make it on your short list. It's a great base to explore the Nordeste and it's really easy to pull there, though it's rapidly becoming the new "sex capital" of Brazil.
My favorite? Meandering around the dozens of tiny beach towns of southern Bahia. Sun, fun, girls, and more girls, all shapes, colors and sizes. Need some Portuguese to get around, though.

I have been interested in Minas for some time. A buddy of mine that lived in Rio for awhile told me that when he went to BH, there would be clubs with a bunch of women just standing around looking like they are waiting for someone to talk to them. I don't know if that was an exaggeration, but you guys seem to be vindicating his statement. You must understand that for us born and bred Americans, hearing about clubs with 3:1 surpluses of women sounds simply unbelievable. A part of me is still thinking that has to be wildly exaggerated.

I have to agree with Brazmerican on women from Minas Gerais.

I'd especially recomend the south of Minas (Belo Horizonte downwards), for its scenery and culture. Great food also, and nice Cachaça as well (our very own brand of distilled drink). If you like being laid back with a beautiful girl to treat you well, in contact with nature and tranquility, go to a small town in the south of Minas. It gets even better, as it is so close to Rio by car or bus.

The women are great also, lesser bitch shields, cute accent and homely.

Damn bro, great report! You definitely earned those "rep" points, LOL. I need to read through the whole thing and everyones replies, but I wanted to post a few quick thoughts first.

I went to Brazil in January 2010 for almost a month, and I absolutely loved it. I only stayed in the state of Rio de Janeiro splitting my time between Rio, Ilha Grande, and Parati. I definitely agree about your assessment of Rio, IMHO I saw probably the highest concentration of hot women in Ipanema/Leblon, but definitely got the stuck up vibe, vanity, etc.

The people I met from Sao Paulo were by far the coolest, friendliest, and most laid back of all the Brazilians that I met. This came as a surprise to me, as I new that Sao Paulo was kind of the NYC of S. America, and normally people from NYC are known to be kind of uptight, rude, unfriendly, and arrogant. Also, just about everyone from Sao Paulo spoke pretty good English, whereas it seemed like only 25% of the other Brazilians I met could speak any English at all.

I am proud to say that I got my Brazilian flag from a Paulista that I met who was on a weekend trip visiting Parati with a friend. Her family was from Bahia, and she was an amazing mix of black, mestizo, and native Brazilian Indian. Unfortunately, I only got one night with her, but she was easily the most beautiful and sweetest girl I ever slept with.

I think that women from Sao Paulo must really like American guys, because there was a busted one at my hostel in Rio that wanted my nuts, but I wasn't down. Then the night I banged my Paulista, I met another girl from Sao Paulo who was staying at my hostel in Parati, and was eye fucking the shit out of me, invited me to hang out with her group of friends, and was asking me a shit ton of questions, etc. She was basically giving me every IOI in the book, and she as fine as hell too, but was blonde hair/blue eyed, and looked more European, except with that round, fat Brazilian ass! I would have gone for her, but I had already had a dinner date set with my black Paulista chick, so I had to ditch out on the blonde Paulista. Just for reference sake both girls were in the 8-9 range, and most women here in the U.S. would probably rate me around 6-7.

All in all, I want to go back to Brazil badly. Next time I will skip Ilha Grande, spend more time in Rio and Parati/Trindade, but will also do a trip to either Florinapolis or Salvador. I need to read through the rest of your report.

Hahaha, just saw that Arab/Persian ranks at the bottom of the race totem pole, I guess me and Roosh had some forces working against us down there. At least we blended in with the locals and didn't get robbed! Quite a few Brasilians spoke to me in Portuguese, so we really do blend with the local population.

The way BrazAmerican describes it, he makes the girls from Mina Gerais sound very conservative and marriage oriented. What if you can't really spend more than 2 weeks or so tops in the area? Is it worth a visit?

I think what i would do is to spend part of the week in the small towns, and during the slow days of mon-wed, go to BH or Ouro Preto for sightseeing. What would you do during the day in the small towns? Are the people underemployed which equals tons of free time??

Perhaps i should reduce the amount of time i was going to spend in Sao Paulo and Rio. I was planning to go to Goiania. I heard that people from Brasilia go there to party, so it must be an ok place. But i also heard that it's just OK, not really amazing or anything either.

Seems like they're really into the whole Fast & Furious type of events:

http://

(skip to the middle of video)

http://

Quote: (06-15-2011 09:07 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Hahaha, just saw that Arab/Persian ranks at the bottom of the race totem pole, I guess me and Roosh had some forces working against us down there. At least we blended in with the locals and didn't get robbed! Quite a few Brasilians spoke to me in Portuguese, so we really do blend with the local population.

He didn't say that they rank at the bottom, he said that it was neither a plus or minus. You'd be seen as a local. I believe Sao Paulo has a lot of wealthy people of lebanese & syrian descent if i'm not mistaken.

Quote: (06-15-2011 10:06 PM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2011 09:07 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

He didn't say that they rank at the bottom, he said that it was neither a plus or minus. You'd be seen as a local. I believe Sao Paulo has a lot of wealthy people of lebanese & syrian descent if i'm not mistaken.

Norte e Nordeste (Bahia , Ceara , Pernambuco , Rio Grande do Norte (Natal) , etc
If you want the most exotic and far-from-America experience then Nordeste is a no-brainer.
Beautiful beaches and sceneries , Laid back attitude and low cost opportunities. Here your dollar will go further .
If you are white skinned and good –looking you will clean house here. As a Paulista I was treated almost like a celebrity in some places , girls look at you as if you were a rockstar or something , even though that are tons of tourists in the area.
On the downside , it is the poorest region of Brazil so you will have to deal with beggars ,starving kids harassing you on the streets for money , and tons of shady characters trying to sell you garbage and gringo-charging(charging a higher fee because you are an outsider) you for services and goods.
The attitude is incredible in Nordeste , the motto “Sorria , você esta na Bahia) (Smile ,you are in Bahia) says it all. Its very easy to make friends and have a good time . The weather is also fantastic (If you like hot weather)
Girls: Mostly Brown/Black skinned . Large African community.
NightLife: Small , few options ,but some good places to go.

average Nordestina Girl:
Much thanks for that well written extremely detailed data sheet! So if I want a Tais Araujo look alike I need to go North East?
[Image: 00002658_carval2004_f3.jpg?t=1241886303]
I saw her on a telenovela by accident. It turned out to be fascinating against all expectations-betrayal,death,money,love. I actuallywatched the whole thing, mainly cause of her.

Great post GM, I've was soooooo close in taking my winter vacation for 3 weeks to Brazil but I've already got it down for SE Asian. Now you have me reconsidering!

Porto Alegre. Curious to know how well English is spoken in the region.

Looks like a great place to put up the feet for a few weeks.

Mr. GM, thank you.

BTW, in SP you are going to the wrong places. I bet you went to MOkai to girls ask such things.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!