rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I dated a PUA--Should I expose him?

Hi guys,

I’m having a dilemma here—I dated a guy (who frequents this forum and I can assure you that he will know it is me) who I discovered was a pick up artist a while ago. We recently broke up and I am so exasperated with him. I had been a nice girlfriend for the time that I had known him but there comes a time when I stop being so passive and kind. I never lied or cheated, and I truly cared about him. I knew he had some insecurity issues from the start but he would try to mask it with arrogance and a fake sense of confidence; I felt sad that there are a lot of self-loathing men on here who do not feel worthy. It is a bit sad that their sense of worth is based on how they compare to other men and how many hot women they can sleep with.

After my friend and I found out he was a pick up artist through a Google search of his username, I was so devastated and was never going to see him again. However, we talked about it and he told me that after his divorce, he did not know how to date women, so he sought advice from this forum. I understood that, but there is definitely a difference between self-help and pick up art. One is about increasing confidence and promotes positivity and honesty, while the other is about manipulation and deceit. I decided to give him another chance because he did have some positive parts and I enjoyed spending time with him. With him, I became more affectionate and open with my feelings, so I was grateful for that. I cared about him, and I thought he would change. There is nothing wrong with being socially awkward and trying to gain confidence. You are all worthy, and I would rather a guy be himself (perhaps endearingly awkward?) than put on this masquerade of an alpha male, which he is not.

Anyways, he never told me that he had a girlfriend before dating me; I found out later, but the lies kept coming and I am quite the connoisseur at discovering lies. We had not been exclusive at this point, but I would ask him if he was seeing other people and having unprotected sex with others. I knew the answer was "yes" already, but he continuously lied. What infuriated me was that he lied about having unprotected sex and then had the audacity to tell me that it is not my business if he has unprotected sex or not, wholly disregarding my health. I truly just wanted some honesty and I never got that. I am not sure why I did not leave sooner… I was comfortable with him and kept thinking he would change and experience positive self- growth, but that day never came. I actually got to meet some of his PUA friends after the DC lecture, and they did seem nice on the outside.

There was never a time when I could call him a good friend; He hurt me several times and I could tell that he did not care about our friendship. One day after having a relationship talk and telling me I was his girlfriend, I realized that he had added an old fuck buddy of his on Facebook. I was infuriated since he had told me that he had stopped talking to her a year ago, and I messaged her only because I wanted to know the truth since I could never get the truth from him. He became indignant after finding out I had messaged her. I went to the bar since he had initially invited me to attend a show there, and he walked in with the girl. I was so devastated and was left alone at the bar in tears the rest of the night as HIS OWN childhood friend that I barely knew tried to comfort me. After this incident, I told him that I would either move on and stop seeing him or that we would be completely exclusive. He agreed to be exclusive, and I was both happy but wary. I wish I could call him a good friend, but he never was. He was the kind of person who would prioritize his pick up artist friends, party friends, etc. over his own “girlfriend” … never someone who would be there during a rough time.

Whenever something was bothering me, I would voice my concerns, but he would become indignant, hang up on me, walk out mid conversation, and ignore my texts/calls. He would try to make me feel guilty, and he never once apologized for anything wrong that he had done. I do not handle lying and other undeserved bad behavior well.

I think I started to become resentful for all of the things he had done in the past, and the fact that he never once had the courage to apologize for anything. I had been a very patient and understanding girlfriend for a long time; I even told him that I would be open to threesomes (which I would never typically agree to). I had given him many chances because I figured that deep down inside, he was a good person but had emotional issues he was still struggling with (don’t we all?)

Our final breakup was recent, and I have been both so depressed yet enraged about it. I did one wrong thing (sent him a text out of spite telling him that I was going to be meeting an ex who I have been friends with since high school), and he has since ignored all of my texts, calls, and emails. I gave him so many chances after he hurt me and he cannot even have the decency to let me speak on the phone with him. He hung up on me after cursing at me and that was the end. I am trying to move on but it is so difficult. I have no problem meeting other men; I went out to forget about these tumultuous few weeks and was asked out on dates by intelligent, successful men (two engineers, a lawyer, and a cancer researcher at NIH—I love nerdy men), but I am so depressed that I do not even have the energy to leave my house, so I have been flaking.

I am really not one to be so hurtful, but I am beyond infuriated. I have never been treated this way by previous partners, and I maintain a positive relationship with all of them. I know that I do not deserve this treatment, and I have been foolish to have let it go on for so long. I had been behaving really well during the time we dated, but he was never honest and never had the decency to act like a good friend, let alone boyfriend. He was kind and affectionate when he wanted to be. Part of me wants to expose him as the pick up artist/cheater/liar/closet misogynist that he is, but the other part of me would feel horrible doing so. I am really conflicted about this situation, but I know that he will continue to hurt other women and I've lost hope that he will grow into a better, more honest, caring person. I can be crazy when I want to be, but it is never for no reason. I know that this awful experience, however, is no excuse for me to ever treat other men like shit. I just feel like there are a lot of bitter, entitled men here who truly lack self-awareness and insist on dehumanizing women, so it is very frustrating.

In before the ban... all you will do is make him more popular.

TBH, I didn't read the whole thing, but enough to get the idea you're mad at him.

[Image: icon_popcorn.gif]

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Well, i was looking for actual advice. I know i am going to be banned, haha. Now, I am getting better at determining who is a PUA when i go out though. That's pretty much the only upside.

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:14 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

In before the ban... all you will do is make him more popular.

TBH, I didn't read the whole thing, but enough to get the idea you're mad at him.

So you skipped reading the rules when you signed up then..

Quote: (01-05-2011 05:35 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

8. No girls. Their opinions or comments are not welcome here unless they post a naked picture of their body with a sign that says 'Roosh'.

Americans are dreamers too

Yep. Roosh isn't even hot, though. Not really sure why you all take his advice and see him as some kind of sex god.
Quote: (07-29-2015 04:17 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

So you skipped reading the rules when you signed up then..

Quote: (01-05-2011 05:35 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

8. No girls. Their opinions or comments are not welcome here unless they post a naked picture of their body with a sign that says 'Roosh'.

It's a shame you wasted 15 dollars.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

I didn't spend 15 dollars....
Quote: (07-29-2015 04:19 AM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

It's a shame you wasted 15 dollars.

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:18 AM)Alau211 Wrote:  

Yep. Roosh isn't even hot, though. Not really sure why you all take his advice and see him as some kind of sex god.

[Image: troll.gif]

My friend goes on this site all the time through her account haha. We never knew this underground community existed. i'm glad we know now.
Quote: (07-29-2015 04:21 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:18 AM)Alau211 Wrote:  

[Image: troll.gif]

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:23 AM)Alau211 Wrote:  

My friend goes on this site all the time through her account haha. We never knew this underground community existed. i'm glad we know now.

Its not underground sweetie.

i'm glad we know now.

Will not make a lick of difference.

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:26 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Its not underground sweetie.

Don't call me sweetie. Also, please learn some grammar.

i'm glad we know now.

Yes, it does. I have already called out some men on their pick up artist bullshit and they admitted they were PUAs.

Will not make a lick of difference.

Oh, this is too good.

So tell us about your ideal man, you know, the kind that's not a PUA?

Post a nude pic of yourself. Might as well attention whore all the way.

If you took any time to read this forum. And objectively viewed the world you would understand that women (well young ones) control the dating and sexual marketplace. And with the rise of feminism mistreatment is often being dealt out by women. But objectivity is rarely something women have. You got picked up by a pua. What he applied worked on you. If he had not used any game I doubt you would have gotten involved with him. Yet you claim to be such a nice person. But you were only attracted to a guy that gamed you. Sort of makes you look like a hypocrit. You probably have the mask of an angel but you have probably done a lot of crappy things in your life. Because if you are as nice and sweet and innocent as you portray you would have ended up with some nice guy with no game. You're just upset because you got tricked instead of doing the tricking. There are some assumptions here because there was no way I was going to read through your text vomit.

Go ahead and expose him. It will just help him get more pussy. Girls get turned on by that shit. You really can't think objectively and logically can you? You seem to think you have all this power. You don't. And don't be all victimy. He didn't hurt you, you chose to be hurt. Actions are neutral it is how we interpret them that give them meaning.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

OP, post pictures of yourself. You can blur out part of the face, since you're probably too scared to show yourself, while threatening to "expose" a man who was giving you good enough D that you didn't drop him after repeated instances of him "hurting" you and being emotionally unavailable.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:30 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Oh, this is too good.

So tell us about your ideal man, you know, the kind that's not a PUA?

Kind, endearingly awkward, intelligent, confident (and not the fake kind), honest, caring. If you actually refer to yourself an alpha male, I'll just laugh.

I mean you know that you guys are just getting better at manipulating women, right? Also, it doesn't matter if you have a hot woman by your side... That's not going to make YOU more attractive or "valuable." People will just be like "wtf how did HE get her?" It must be tiring to have a masquerade on all the time.

tits, now.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:31 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

OP, post pictures of yourself. You can blur out part of the face, since you're probably too scared to show yourself, while threatening to "expose" a man who was giving you good enough D that you didn't drop him after repeated instances of him "hurting" you and being emotionally unavailable.

Haha.. i am not scared to post pictures of myself, and i even met some of the guys after the DC lecture. I just don't exactly want my face to be up on this shitty website.

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:37 AM)Alau211 Wrote:  

Haha.. i am not scared to post pictures of myself, and i even met some of the guys after the DC lecture. I just don't exactly want my face to be up on this shitty website.

I just said blur out (or black out) the face. Are you ignoring that part?

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:39 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:37 AM)Alau211 Wrote:  

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:31 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I just said blur out the face. Are you ignoring that part?

I can link my OKcupid account... I don't need anyone's validation though. Why do you even want to see pictures of me?

You're probably fat anyway.

Hmm...it's really interesting how you quoted Tuth before samx3.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Oh God. This is wonderful.

Oh yes, I'm so privileged you literally can't even.
Interested in joining the FFL? I tried (and failed).

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:42 AM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

You're probably fat anyway.

Hmm...it's really interesting how you quoted Tuth before samx3.

I'm not fat at all. And you're probably an ugly basement dwelling loser anyway.

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:41 AM)Alau211 Wrote:  

I can link my OKcupid account... I don't need anyone's validation though. Why do you even want to see pictures of me?

Stop talking about what you "can" do and what you're "not scared of" doing. Just post some pictures or a link. Be nice if you can post some proof that you're not just randomly putting up someone else's pictures or profile.

Why were you at the DC lecture if you hate "PUAs" so much?

Quote: (07-29-2015 04:44 AM)Alau211 Wrote:  

I'm not fat at all. And you're probably an ugly basement dwelling loser anyway.
Let me get this right. A player 'hurt you' but you automatically assume other players are 'ugly basement dwelling losers'.
[Image: hamster2.gif]
[Image: laugh4.gif]

Oh yes, I'm so privileged you literally can't even.
Interested in joining the FFL? I tried (and failed).