rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Manhood dies a slow death at San Diego Comic Con

"...chatting with the BBC America representatives onsite about Doctor Who and upcoming events. We found that the booth was sandwiched between a booth for AMC’s The Walking Dead and Starz’s upcoming series Ash vs Evil Dead. Though problematic on its own, we were extra upset to find that both horror booths had their walls covered in TVs playing, on loop, terrifying clips of zombie horror (The Walking Dead) and absurdly gory violence (Ash vs Evil Dead), of which the latter’s level of violence I, even as a 24 year old man, actively avoid because it’s an anxiety trigger to me."

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. In a man, Ash vs. Evil Dead should inspire nothing but an adrenaline high and the desire to smash zombies and everyone else that gets in your way. If you're getting anxiety attacks from it, perhaps you should check your pulse, because you may already be dead. Or at least dead inside.

https://thegingerdoctor.wordpress.com/20...comic-con/con/]https://thegingerdoctor.wordpress.com/20...comic-con/[/url]

This guy is not worthy to wear Tom Baker's sacred scarf!

WTF is Doctor Who?

Quote: (07-18-2015 01:55 AM)HeyPete Wrote:  

WTF is Doctor Who?

I believe it's a show that is still coming to grips with the fact that young idiot nerd women who flick their clits frantically at people like Matt Smith and David Tennant aren't interested in watching a capable actor like Peter Capaldi.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (07-18-2015 02:07 AM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Quote: (07-18-2015 01:55 AM)HeyPete Wrote:  

WTF is Doctor Who?

I believe it's a show that is still coming to grips with the fact that young idiot nerd women who flick their clits frantically at people like Matt Smith and David Tennant aren't interested in watching a capable actor like Peter Capaldi.

Gods, it's like you described half of the women who friendzoned me during my Beta years!

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I've been to CC, it's a SJW stronghold these days. People protesting the cosplay babes - even saying that you need "consent" to take pictures or even look at them. And, when you do look at them, you can only observe and appreciate the work that went into their costumes, you can't gawk at their boobs.

Meanwhile, 90% of the girls didn't even make their costume. They're just hired models to bring in the nerds.

Also, I'll gawk at whatever the fuck I want!

When a man uses the word "trigger" he is most likely a limp wristed faggot.

I don't know what DR Who is either.

I heard its some old show that nerds get moist over but then I seen some poster ad for some new show with the same name. Some doughy Jew I used to work with would always talk about it, the man was probably never felt a titty aside from his own in his life so I just assumed the show was junk and for Aspie types.

Dr Who is an English children's show. The earlier reboot seasons with Smith, Tennet, and that other guy i can't recall were pretty good.

The newer ones have this annoying preachy BS going on about accepting all peoples.

As someone who used to attend London CC regularly, I've amassed quite a few observations since having taken the red pill.
- It's become a regular haven for deviants. Whereas in the past it was a reclusive hobby that was enjoyed by passionate fans, now it's teeming with masses of perverse men and women who enjoy the event as an opportunity for debauchery and debasement.
- There are betas everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Unwashed neckbeards and basement-dwellers aplenty - men who have no concept of how to dress well without the most basic personal grooming skills. Some can scrub up alright but their attitudes and mentality are so horrendously blue pill that it's painful to listen to them talk.
- Attention whoring is abundant. I remember there was a girl dressed as something provocative while simultaneously carrying a sign that said she had a boyfriend. Some were selling photographs of themselves despite barely passing the 7/10 mark. And of course, there was no shortage of thirsty orbiters.
- Marketing, brand awareness, synergy etc. It's a business now, plain and simple.
- As with most social environments, there's a distinct undertone. On the surface it's professed to be a welcoming and accommodating environment but beneath it's as bitchy and cliquey as the most segregated school.

I had a pretty big confrontation with some former friends from that environment a while back. It's a long story but sufficed to say they didn't care for my attitude since I started working on self-improvement a year ago. That says it all really.

Quote: (07-17-2015 09:54 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

To those who don't know him, he was one of those guys that just OWNED his role and made the character. My favorite story of his, years after his retirement, he was approached by an old woman on the street. She talked like she knew him, but he couldn't for the life of him figure out who she was. Trying to figure out who she was, he threw out something like "What was name of that play we worked on back in the London theatre days?". She stopped dead in her tracks and said "I'M YOUR EX WIFE!" then turned around and stormed off.

Quote: (07-18-2015 04:40 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

I've been to CC, it's a SJW stronghold these days. People protesting the cosplay babes - even saying that you need "consent" to take pictures or even look at them. And, when you do look at them, you can only observe and appreciate the work that went into their costumes, you can't gawk at their boobs.

Meanwhile, 90% of the girls didn't even make their costume. They're just hired models to bring in the nerds.

Also, I'll gawk at whatever the fuck I want!

Mirrored sunglasses my man, mirrored sunglasses.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (07-18-2015 11:29 AM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

Quote: (07-17-2015 09:54 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

To those who don't know him, he was one of those guys that just OWNED his role and made the character. My favorite story of his, years after his retirement, he was approached by an old woman on the street. She talked like she knew him, but he couldn't for the life of him figure out who she was. Trying to figure out who she was, he threw out something like "What was name of that play we worked on back in the London theatre days?". She stopped dead in her tracks and said "I'M YOUR EX WIFE!" then turned around and stormed off.

Tom Baker is a great old-school British actor. Always liked him. He had an interesting life. He had a good character. If I remember right, before he got into acting, he was both a military guy and a monk (at different times!).

He just had a powerful charisma and screen presence. A great movie, that holds up well even now, is "The Golden Voyage of Sinbad". Baker plays the heavy in this movie, an evil magician...and it's great.

See the film if you can...it's great for boys.

This gives a flavor of the whole. Love the old-school Harryhausen animation here. Tom Baker is the guy with the turban.

https://youtu.be/TsZzfQNzKMk

https://youtu.be/ROssbvtE41U

Reminds me of this documentary on singles events at comic cons:

Previous lounge post

Quote: (07-18-2015 08:44 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Dr Who is an English children's show. The earlier reboot seasons with Smith, Tennet, and that other guy i can't recall were pretty good.

The newer ones have this annoying preachy BS going on about accepting all peoples.

Capaldi doesn't play around with girly mannerisms and silly hipster dress like Smith did. He rocks shades and strums power chords.

Quote: (07-18-2015 11:19 AM)Hardy Daytona Wrote:  

As someone who used to attend London CC regularly, I've amassed quite a few observations since having taken the red pill.
- It's become a regular haven for deviants. Whereas in the past it was a reclusive hobby that was enjoyed by passionate fans, now it's teeming with masses of perverse men and women who enjoy the event as an opportunity for debauchery and debasement.
- There are betas everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Unwashed neckbeards and basement-dwellers aplenty - men who have no concept of how to dress well without the most basic personal grooming skills. Some can scrub up alright but their attitudes and mentality are so horrendously blue pill that it's painful to listen to them talk.
- Attention whoring is abundant. I remember there was a girl dressed as something provocative while simultaneously carrying a sign that said she had a boyfriend. Some were selling photographs of themselves despite barely passing the 7/10 mark. And of course, there was no shortage of thirsty orbiters.
- Marketing, brand awareness, synergy etc. It's a business now, plain and simple.
- As with most social environments, there's a distinct undertone. On the surface it's professed to be a welcoming and accommodating environment but beneath it's as bitchy and cliquey as the most segregated school.

I had a pretty big confrontation with some former friends from that environment a while back. It's a long story but sufficed to say they didn't care for my attitude since I started working on self-improvement a year ago. That says it all really.

In other words what used to be a convention or meeting of guys who were passionate about and shared a hobby became infiltrated by women because once women figure out men like to do something and they just must be included. Along with the attention whoring women came beta orbiters (or they recruited from the men who already attended) and now the spirit of the convention is gone and it is just another forum for women to get attention.

I've been really disappointed with the recent episodes with Capaldi in them. Smith was annoying but at least the episodes were good.

The recent stuff has been super preachy with one i could have sworn was talking about accepting people for who they are on the inside and some other weird crap.

I loved captain jack, but the "he loves everyone!" goes and kisses the doctor and the side kick just loses it for me. Moffet is gay is he not?

Side note:
I've always wanted to get mad cut for a comic con and go shirtless as some goofy character. See how many cosplay sloots i can gather. Cosplay game anyone?

I've been to MAGfest the past two years in National Harbor to see my favorite band play their only two gigs in the USA. Anyway, MAGfest is basically comicon with music and the people who go to these things are mostly what you would expect. When I got there last year I was smoking by my car and this group of four guys with questionable facial hair composition were all carting their desktop computers to their hotel rooms, that let me know what I was in for.

You can easily have a lot of fun though. If you are any sort of nerd, you can really enjoy the level of effort that goes in to some of the costumes. And this past year aside from going to my band's show I basically just got wasted and played video games all weekend which was fine by me.

If you go to a convention, stay in the hotel that the convention is in. Hotel parties are abundant. Aside from hosting my own in the suite I bought, a group of friends and I roamed the hotel several nights in a row just looking for parties. We found one where a group of Canadian guys had filled their bathtub with ice and tons of beer. We also managed to get into the most expensive suite in the whole convention center that was being rented out for the night by The Megas, who are a pretty popular band. At some point I had to guard the door while the original guy went to have a smoke. There were lots of drugs all over the place too.

So yeah, while there are SJW killjoys and disgusting trolls at these things they can still be a lot of fun if you know what you're doing.

As for this faggot's complaint, imagine going up to a street vendor and telling him what he was advertising made your anxiety spike. "Go fuck yourself" is what he'd say.

Quote: (07-18-2015 06:34 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Side note:
I've always wanted to get mad cut for a comic con and go shirtless as some goofy character. See how many cosplay sloots i can gather. Cosplay game anyone?

Cosplay game would be: Have abs and be a memorable character. Cosplay sloots will be saying "did you see (character) with abs?" all convention and word will spread like wildfire. Then you just show up at whatever hotel party you want (or host your own like I said) and take your pick. The guys that go to these things do not go to the gym, let alone lift with enough discipline to get abs. If you are jacked, you will stand out even more than normal.

There's a reason I don't go to these things anymore. They used to be a fun way to see some crazy costumes, buy swag and new board games from the vendor rooms, and get first look at upcoming IP's.

Not to mention that things could get pretty crazy if you had a room at the convention center and stayed up for the parties.

The decline began when frumpy, chubby, female anime fans started appearing in greater numbers in the late 2000's....then they started to actively cater to them. Combine that with the utter femininity and insanity of the current crop of people in the early 20's and they're a place that no masculine male should be caught dead in.

Quote: (07-18-2015 07:42 PM)iamdegaussed Wrote:  

Cosplay game would be: Have abs and be a memorable character. Cosplay sloots will be saying "did you see (character) with abs?" all convention and word will spread like wildfire. Then you just show up at whatever hotel party you want (or host your own like I said) and take your pick. The guys that go to these things do not go to the gym, let alone lift with enough discipline to get abs. If you are jacked, you will stand out even more than normal.

Exhibit A:

[Image: 7587771150_34a9d0949e_b.jpg]

2012 Comic-Con, dude went as the Engineer from Prometheus, set a thousand rivers of pussy juice a-flowing. The chick on the right looks like she could hear her clit throbbing.

Quote: (07-18-2015 12:56 PM)philosophical_recovery Wrote:  

Reminds me of this documentary on singles events at comic cons:

Previous lounge post

I’m forwarding this to some of my female friends to say this, this is what men think when you try to tell us that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, that these are your fat and/or weird, unattractive friends that you try to set us up with and insist are beautiful.

This guy is obese, is a brony, and lives with his parents. Even the fat chick bailed as soon as the cameras left. This fella needs to lose a lot of weight, stop being a brony, and get his career going. I know more people of his generation are living with their folks due to student loans and the economy, but he seems to accept it as a way of life. Sure, he seems like a good guy. But he needs to do a serious self evaluation and really get his shit together if he wants to improve his lot in life.

But again, I cannot stress enough to any feminist reading this, that when you try to tell us fat women are ‘curvy’ or that they should be judged on other traits, watch this video.

Great idea CRR.

Misguided as that dude may be, at least he's not unpleasant as a person. Seems a lot nicer than all of the fat chicks I've ever known, who seemed to think that they're inside had to match the outside.

I ate too much junk yesterday. Was feeling kind of lethargic today. Didn't really want to do anything.

I watched that video and as soon as it was done I was on my way to the gym.

Gonna watch that again next time I'm feeling unmotivated.

I just watched that Brony video above.

[Image: fuckthat.gif]

FOR FUCK'S SAKE ALEX WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU AND WITH THAT FUCKING CONFERENCE ROOM AND WITH THE GEEK WORLD IN GENERAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone actually had enough determination and knowledge to film and edit that video at least. They could be doing something useful with those skills. Instead, they waste it on living in a fantasy world where they play the role of an emotional-tampon-equipped-self-deprecating clown to a bunch of 3s.

My brain hurts just from imagining this kind of existence.

I'm not religious, but I might just go to a nearby church to light a candle and thank God for giving me the willpower to not end up like that.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (07-19-2015 05:39 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

I'm not religious, but I might just go to a nearby church to light a candle and thank God for giving me the willpower to not end up like that.

The scary part is: this is more or less what passes for their religion.

For every woman who goes there to attention whore (and all of them do), and every guy who goes to one of these things just for a fun day out, there's at least four or five guys who take this shit ultra-seriously and work day and night on these fucking costumes so they look "legit". Or should I say, "in the fold".

And what is this religion? Consumerism.

Comic-Con and all of the paraphenalia surrounding it ultimately comes down to: buy more of our plastic shit, watch more of our second-rate fiction whose themes we cribbed from great literature you were never taught about in school, and waste the most precious asset you have in the world, the one you're going to realise is gone around the age of 35 or so: time.

Geek culture is consumerism targeted at introverts and autism-spectrum men who are otherwise not appealed to by the standard advertising spiel that hooks women's consumerist instincts as if you've thrown half a ton of chum in the water. The only reason it's growing is because the war on masculinity is achieving one of its main aims: turn men into introverts who don't question a narrative and embrace it down to cloaking themselves in it.

In this regard it's actually more insidious and overwhelming than conventional religion: Islam orders the throats slit of people who represent the Prophet in illustrated form, Protestantism (and Eastern Orthodoxy) broke away from the Catholic Church over whether or not you should be making graven images or not, and about as close as Christianity at large gets to this shit is a forlorn-looking nativity diorama in the church's forecourt and the Stations of the Cross on Good Friday.

(I know there's one or two of you guys dealing with autism out here, and I don't mean any offence by that: I am simply trying to call it like it is, call it for the exploitative activity it is.)