rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wednesday Night the best night?

Not that hasn't been discussed before along with day vs. nightgame, but thought this had some data (not shared) behind the conclusion.

NY Times:
Wednesday Night Is All Right for Loving
By NATE SILVER
Love is blind. Of course it is. Still, there’s no reason to believe that there aren’t legitimate, data-driven ways to improve your dating life. So I recently joined up with Christian Rudder of OkCupid, a matchmaking site that takes a playful attitude toward the data it collects (like which camera takes the most successful profile photos). I asked Rudder if there was a way to determine which days of the week — and which times of day — are the best to meet someone at a bar. What he came up with is something called the “sexual availability index.”

“It’s not unlike the Dow,” he said, “if the stock market were about sex.”

Rudder started by finding out, based on OkCupid’s mobile service, which customers in New York, Boston and Washington were out on the town on a given night. From these people’s profile data, Rudder then built a composite of four sets of personal characteristics that might correlate with openness toward new (but not necessarily long-lasting) relationships.

Two measures he studied were explicitly concerned with sex: what percentage of singles out on a given evening listed casual sex as a “romantic priority” and what percentage was willing to sleep with someone on a first date. The other two measures were less sex-centric: what percentage described themselves as extroverted and what percentage fancied themselves as adventurous.

When he put all the numbers together, he got a curious result. Weekdays, not weekends, are better for singles on the prowl — and the mix of people out on Wednesday nights are the friskiest. (The least surprising bit of data is that someone’s chances of success increase over the course of an evening.)

Rudder didn’t actually interview the OkCupid clients while they were out, and there’s no way to verify who made a love connection. So I crosschecked his findings with several bartenders.

Allison, who works at a Michelin-starred Manhattan restaurant, wasn’t surprised by Rudder’s findings. She argued that whereas weekends are overcrowded with out-of-towners, Wednesdays and Thursdays provide for more spontaneity. “It’s a little bit more organic,” she told me.

That’s not to say the data is perfect. OkCupid meet-ups are more likely to occur on weekdays — lest someone gamble a Friday night on a blind date — which could potentially tilt the results. And other bartenders I spoke to insisted that there’s no night for loving quite like a Saturday. “That’s when you see people grinding in the corner,” Rachel, who tends bar at a hipster joint in Brooklyn, told me.

Still, if you’re single, you might as well put the data to the test and head out for a drink on a Wednesday. It’s better than watching another episode of “Cougar Town.”

I live in Miami, and while I occasionally go out on Friday and Saturday, I think the best nights out here are Tuesday and Wednesday, especially if you like to roll dolo like I do.

my fav nights to go out are wed and thur! one dollar drink specials on beer and mix drinks brings out everyone in the city!

In NYC I avoid the weekends. Wednesday and Thursday are my preferred nights! Too bad I can rarely get away from work early enough to hit happy hour.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Totally makes sense. The weekend will attract more "weekend warriors" and attention whores. Going out on weekend nights is way overrated.

I noticed it is better in SD to go out on wednesday or thursday night. Agree with what speakeasy is saying. Also here a lot of venues are cock fests on the weekends.

Dude, mid-week is the only way to go for today's experienced player. I think the one-and-only CSD (custom-suited-down) boss, a.k.a. G Manifesto, described the weekend best: "junior-varsity night(s)." On any given Friday or Saturday, weekend warriors, wannabe ballers, and over-priced merchandise (merely serviceable girls acting like they're hot shit) pollute the well. You can grab some low-hanging fruit to be sure, but it's usually not worth it. I've found that much of my anger and resentment toward bitches, and the world in general, originated from my experiences on Friday and Saturday nights.

My ideal situation is day-gaming everyday and confining my evenings out to Sunday through Thursday. I'd rather chill with homies, pop in a DVD, pound out an old-reliable, or waste away some time on the forum on amateur nights (which, for me, includes dumb-ass-magnet holidays: Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day, etc.).

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I like Thursday over Wednesday, but obviously this is going to all depend on what types of bars you have around you.

I agree with Tuth though, but I'll still go out on weekends if someone asks me to. Although, on nights like this, I much prefer the old house party. By far a better environment, better time, and better chance of getting laid assuming you don't know everyone there.

I will disagree with St. Pat's and Cinco though. I've had some success on those days, although IIRC, Cinco was on a Thursday this year, so that was convenient. The keys to those nights (IMO) is to go to a college environment, where no one has to do anything the next day except skip class.