rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Director / Associate Director Salaries

Hi,

what would you say is the salary for a Director of Research / Associate Director of Research in an agency in NYC?

I'm just curious to hear your opinions.

There would definitely be some bonus included since these roles also involve new business development.

Thanks!

Salaries generally depend on the size of the company and how big of a contribution your role has to the bottom line of the company. Titles don't mean much these days, especially working at a firm with less than 50 employees.

Glassdoor.com, indeed.com, or salary.com would be much better resources for this type of inquiry than RVF.

Managing Director? Does this position have any managers reporting to it?

Quote: (06-17-2015 06:16 AM)Blackmagic Wrote:  

Titles don't mean much these days, especially working at a firm with less than 50 employees.

Yeah exactly, that's why I was asking.

I have now already talked to the guys at the company though - it's around 100k plus bonus.

I did check on glassdoor.com, indeed.com and salary.com, but wanted also some thoughts from the guys here.

Yeah particularly I love being a managing director with 7 management reports and a 55 person org and having a Sales "SVP" with no reports outrank me...

SVP of PaperClips.

We must have 40 vps in a Sales org 60 strong. Whatev's

Typically they will want to pay you nomore than 70% of what your boss makes and have your underlings receive 70% of what you make.

But it's really supply and demand. If you're making significantly less than the 100K they're offering you, I would take the job. If you're making about the same, no pint making a sideways move into an unknown situation (unless of course your current job is at risk.)

Responsibilities, duties, supply and demand vary tremendously from one company to another although the title may be the same.

Thrust, I know a company with 10 office (and 5 in the field) employees, 8 of them are VPs .

[Image: laugh3.gif]

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.