rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook Is Trying To Get You To Friend Your One-Night Stands

I really don't use my Facebook account anymore but logged in recently and was shocked to see my "People You May Know" box. It was like the ghost of pussy past had come for me. Apparently if your phone number is tied to your Facebook account it will use your phone contacts to link you up with anyone else who has a Facebook account tied to their phone number. In other words every fucking girl who I've exchanged numbers with over the years is now popping up in this list and vice versa where I would show up in their list theoretically. This means every bar or day game encounter, Tinder, OkCupid....you name it. I found this documented in this article;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/noah-miche...93812.html

This is more reason why you can't give Facebook anything personal or should just delete it if you want to control your privacy. I use an alias name, alias email address, no personal info and a wrong town. Now these motherfuckers are taking phone contacts and linking people up. Time to delete

How do you disable or prevent that?

The easy fix for this is to change or delete the phone number associated with your facebook, which you can find in your settings. Or you can get a google voice number so long as it's not associated with your name. Gmail and linkedin have been doing something similar for a few years with your sync'd contacts.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Don't use Facebook for Android or IOS. If you do, don't let it pull your contact list.

This has been going on for a long time, and I have noticed it over the last two years. The immediate and simplest fix is to use a different phone number for acquaintances and women you don't want to give that much access to. The "people you may know" function is key to facebooks continued growth, and they have done some pretty remarkable things in pulling in data off your phone to make those assumptions, along with predictive tech that will guess who you will friend next(based on your current friends, your type of friends, etc).

Facebook is the Devil's spawn. Dumped that shit years ago and have not missed it for a moment, honestly. Zuckerberg can go fuck himself.

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

...life begins at "70% Warning Level."....

Dupe. Can't find the link but I posted in that thread

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

I had the same, my solution was that I made a fake Nigerian IRT prince account and attached my phone number to it

If sloots try to search me or have my number pop up on their people you may know "Prince P.J KalKutapatti" is the suggested friend.

Quote: (06-07-2015 01:36 PM)LeeEnfield303 Wrote:  

Facebook is the Devil's spawn. Dumped that shit years ago and have not missed it for a moment, honestly. Zuckerberg can go fuck himself.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but Facebook is up to no fucking good. This shit needs to die a fiery death. Why are users the last people to know what the hell is being done with their personal information? They are gonna get alot of people fucked right out of their bread and butter jobs. Time to ditch this shit. Im thinking deactivate account Sunday through Friday and only use it for Saturday to see what is scheduled at the clubs.

Everytime I logged into Facebook it demanded I enter my phone number. I always resisted and now I never use it so its a good thing I didn't.

They always go on about how it will secure your account against theft. I can't see how a major data mining company which sells information on isn't a breach of privacy with the pseudo bullshit "permissions".

Absolutely correct. Don't give these pricks your phone number.

Quote: (06-07-2015 02:29 PM)Emancipator Wrote:  

I had the same, my solution was that I made a fake Nigerian IRT prince account and attached my phone number to it

If sloots try to search me or have my number pop up on their people you may know "Prince P.J KalKutapatti" is the suggested friend.

Are you looking for a friendly American to help spirit millions of dollars out of your country, and just need a bank account number? [Image: biggrin.gif]

Using phone numbers to look up profiles is a fundamental aspect of Facebook's system. I spend $150K a month on FB Ads. I take phone numbers and emails recent orders every month, and upload them and Facebook 'finds' the profiles at roughly 90% match rate so we start popping up in their newsfeed (typically it's a lower match rate, but most of our customers are overweight women)

Also it's important to note that deleting the number from your account may not necessarily stop this. Facebook keeps ALL the information in the back end. Just because you remove from your account doesn't mean that the number is no longer associated with your profile in their back-end database. They have nothing to lose from sending the "Do You Know?" emails / or "suggested friends" as there is no real cost in it for them to send the emails or suggest friends. The more 'suggested friends' the more they enhance their social graph of the world and sell more ads to companies like mine.

Just use facebook on your phone's browser.

Best choice: never use facebook.

Quote: (06-07-2015 02:59 PM)poledaddy Wrote:  

Also it's important to note that deleting the number from your account may not necessarily stop this. Facebook keeps ALL the information in the back end. Just because you remove from your account doesn't mean that the number is no longer associated with your profile in their back-end database. They have nothing to lose from sending the "Do You Know?" emails / or "suggested friends" as there is no real cost in it for them to send the emails or suggest friends. The more 'suggested friends' the more they enhance their social graph of the world and sell more ads to companies like mine.

Yeah to me Facebook is dead since the cat out of the bag so to speak with them having my mobile number. They are going to continue to pull sneaky things and will use every last bit of info.

I made the mistake back in the day giving MySpace my personal email address as I discovered years later my MySpace account would pop up when searching my full name despite the fact that I used an alias and gave fake into to MySpace. Turns out MySpace somehow sold/gave my 'private' registered email address to one of those Peekyou type of search engines.

Twitter also does this. Anyone in your address book who has Twitter will be seeing "recommended" Twitter feeds ads which include your @SecretPUABangSluts account.

There's a way to supposedly disable this.. but guess what... it just keeps happening again and again.

On the plus side: you can also search for women by using their phone numbers (in the search bar). Nightclubs are dark and bars serve (better) beer; so, because of alcohol or light induced blindness you might want to double check whether your prospective concubine is worth your favour.

Connect to Facebook using your mobile phone number, and use a google voice number to give to girls.

Thing is, I don't think it's a good idea to totally abandon Facebook. Couple reasons.

1. You'll need it to monitor other people, trends, groups, etc. You need to have your feelers out there in the mix to know what is going on.

2. Facebook's servers are used by some other apps for photo purposes (e.g., Tinder).

3. Even though Facebook is bullshit, it does have its uses. You can use it to keep in contact with some people. Look at it as one of the tools in the toolbox.

4. You need an account there to use Tinder. But what you should do is create a profile with a different name. Use your real photos, but just don't give them sensitive data. I talked about how to do this in the Tinder thread:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-19115-...pid1014833

Quote: (06-07-2015 04:14 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

Thing is, I don't think it's a good idea to totally abandon Facebook.

Logging into Facebook has devolved over the last few years into being like going to church. When I was a child, this meant realising I was surrounded by people who acted like horrible human beings the rest of the week, but spent all their time in the car park before and after mass letting everyone know what Good People they were, and how they were much more sanctimonious than you. As such, I had little time for religion as a kid, though in my advancing age I've realised it's not religion that's the problem but people who use it as a shield against criticism, and having to work on true self-reflection, charity, empathy, and kindness.

Over the last 18 months, if you have any Progressive Friends on Facebook, all they seem to do is make constant displays of piety, despite being Atheists. They talk about how bigoted everyone else is, whilst being reductive and favouring to stereotypes. They're amazed that anyone could have tribal instincts 'in 2015', thereby displaying allegiance to their preferred tribe. They're largely Cultural Imperialists - something I recognised ages back but now is starting to show up in the narrative everywhere - using their education and concern as evidence that they know better than any actual minority, thus guaranteeing they'll re-enact the very crimes they're horrified their forefathers committed due to their smug hubris. Concerned rich white people never make the wrong decisions, now do they?

The constant oppressive, mass-like atmosphere means Facebook has become the dreariest place on earth for me. As such, I realised - with great disappointment - who the audience for my music was: very dumb people who think they're moral and intellectual giants, consumed with hate and constantly engaged in doublethink. They're simply using the rationality and intelligence inherent in my music as evidence that they're rational and highly-intelligent too, thereby making it just a prop for their narcissism.

You know how they always reject creators for their 'problematic views'? Given the choice of selling to these people and getting both money and affirmation that I don't need, I'd rather reject them utterly as an audience, and I predict this is the wave of the future for anyone north of 135 IQ. Leave the masses Taylor Swift and John Scalzi. I already have to read anything published pre-1960 to get any kind of intellectual stimulation as it is.

Quote:Quote:

4. You need an account there to use Tinder. But what you should do is create a profile with a different name. Use your real photos, but just don't give them sensitive data.

Facebook analyses your facial structure for autotagging, and can recognise you across multiple accounts anyway. They've spoken before how they want to offer advertisers the opportunity to target ads directly to your mobile phone if your face is recognised as being nearby certain businesses.

The Surveillance State is already here.

Quote: (06-07-2015 04:14 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

Thing is, I don't think it's a good idea to totally abandon Facebook. Couple reasons.

1. You'll need it to monitor other people, trends, groups, etc. You need to have your feelers out there in the mix to know what is going on.

2. Facebook's servers are used by some other apps for photo purposes (e.g., Tinder).

3. Even though Facebook is bullshit, it does have its uses. You can use it to keep in contact with some people. Look at it as one of the tools in the toolbox.

4. You need an account there to use Tinder. But what you should do is create a profile with a different name. Use your real photos, but just don't give them sensitive data. I talked about how to do this in the Tinder thread:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-19115-...pid1014833

I have a 2 fake Facebook profiles.

One I use with fake pictures to screen women by searching for them. I don't contact anyone with it, its just for searching. I do this because I'm almost positive Facebook links you up with people you search for. Facebook probably will be smart enough to connect the IP dots on multiple accounts in the same IP and link up that way as well at some point.

Second one is for Tinder use. A few pics, no personal info and no friends as well linked in. Just there so I can use Tinder.

A personal Facebook does come in handy for keeping in contact but its a shell of what it once was(for me anyway). In the beginning it was simple, fun and not an super advanced data gathering tool like it has become today. In other-words Facebook continues to trend downward in popularity but it's surveillance and data gathering continues to go up. It's the worst of both worlds. The juice isn't worth the squeeze for me but other people have a much bigger presence on their and use it for their advantage which is fine.

Quote: (06-07-2015 01:36 PM)LeeEnfield303 Wrote:  

I agree with you but you know what the problem is?

More and more employers are requiring people to have a facebook page to get an interview or even get hired. I've seen ads on craigslist saying they won't let you be a roommate unless you have a facebook page.

Pretty soon the facebook page will be equivalent to a government ID that you will need to have by going through proper bureaucratic channels, etc.

It's scary but very real.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

The main advantage of Facebook (Twitter/Insta) too is that it allows you to monitor others.
The main disadvantage is that these sites allow others to monitor you.

If you use whatsapp, Facebook has your cell phone number. I wonder if they know how to link the two accounts.

Drop Facebook. If you don't, live with the consequences.