rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Drink on a Budget Like a Boss

old

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Nice writeup.

When I was broke I used to buy flask sized bottles of vodka, hit the bar/club - order tonic, lemonade or sparkling water with lime. Then discretely mix the drinks under the table or in the toilets.

I only got busted once out of the 10+ times I did this.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

I don't know if they have Trader Joes throughout the U.S. but you can get the Charles Shaw Wine which is about $2 a bottle. It is surprisingly pretty decent.

As a cheap bastard who is well versed in this subject, I'll try to share some things that have helped me booze it on the cheap the last few years.

Preparation:
Try to get a local paper or check out the venue websites to find out about specials and happy hours. Or after living in the same city for awhile you'll know which places have the cheapest night in town. Sometimes these cheap nights attract a fairly large younger crowd with lots of girls. Take note of the nights and venues you notice this, most younger girls don't have tons of cash to spend on booze so these events are often a win-win situation. On the opposite extreme if you know that a Monday night (for example) is always pretty much dead in your area, don't even bother going out. Drink at home if you have to on these nights and save the cash for the nights you can run game.

Pre-game:
No matter what you like, it's always gonna be cheaper to drink some (or a lot) at home or with friends before hitting the venues. For most people who drink regularly, you can probably easily blaze through the first couple drinks without even getting a buzz, and if you're already out when you do this, it's a lot more expensive to get started. Try to live within (or get a hotel when vacationing) walking distance of some venues so you can feel pretty good before even walking out the door. No matter what, getting at least the first drink or so out the way before leaving is a good idea. On nights when you're going out with a large group it may be beneficial to pre-game a LOT before even leaving and show up an hour or two later than you normally would, then take a cab where you can share the cost between several people. A longer pre-game and a few extra dollars on a cab can save you tons of money on the nights you can go in a large group.

At the venue:
I tend to stick to beer or straight drinks of hard liquor. The mixed drinks tend to be the most expensive and the added sugar in sodas and juices doesn't help your health. Drinking $12 margaritas all night will add up quick. Lately I've also made a conscious effort to drink slower while out. If you get too smashed you'll get whiskey dick, end up blacked out and wake up in a strange place, and leave your card at the bar after you leave.

Another good strategy is to have some venues where you're a regular and get hooked up. Try to get to know the bartenders or some of the staff and in some places you'll notice the tab is often much less than it should be (this won't work at every venue, try to feel out how receptive they are to you). If the bar is at some large corporate chain you're probably not getting a discount or free booze. Possibly make a venue where you know you're gonna get free stuff your base of operations.

Concluding:
If the venue turns into a sausage party (or otherwise has bad prospects) earlier than you expect it to, there's no reason to waste more money on booze. Be mindful for the entire night and when you realize there's no opportunity, either bounce to somewhere else or go home and call it a night. There's nothing worse than being at a venue with too many dudes and some random guy comes up to you and starts telling you random garbage about his job or girlfriend or something.

By following these steps I almost never go above $20-30 on booze in one night.

Great stuff man, my money situation is about to tighten down like a butthole in a prison shower. I'm going to get a flask soon.

The idea of putting a mixer in a bottle is great too. I've been doing this for a while now, I'll get a Vitamin water drink half then fill it back up with booze and make a potent party bomb. Sip it on the way, while walking up, and even while shooting the shit outside just before you walk in.

I find its much easier to maintain a buzz then it is to get one.

My issue when maintaining a buzz is I have a tendency to drink out of habit (I think this is a side effect of going out alone with no one to shoot the shit with) anyone have any ideas to help curb this habitual sipping? Gum is something I've been using thats worked okay.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Why not just steal someone's unattended beer at the bar, as Roosh has written in his blog a while ago?

Quote: (05-26-2011 02:08 AM)K-man Wrote:  

Why not just steal someone's unattended beer at the bar, as Roosh has written in his blog a while ago?

LMFAO! I remember that blog post, it was classic

If I'm hanging out with friends before heading out I usually pace my drinking at home. If I'm about to head out for a date or dolo I do 2-3 shots right before I leave (usually 15-30 min travel time). The alcohol hits your system during your first drink at the bar and you can coast smoothly on that buzz the rest of the night.

Side note: I stole a full glass of Chardonnay at The Bank in Vegas this past weekend while I was swooping this hot Mexican that I banged an hour later (in my $40 motel after landing only 4 hours earlier). We ended up sharing the glass before getting shooed out at closing. Funny thing was she was all in for stealing the drink and it was a huge DHV. Maybe this deserves it's own topic.

Option #4: Live in Poland.

Absolute vodka drinks are $4 a pop and it's even cheaper if you get the local vodka. For $30 you'll have a really fun night.

Quote: (05-26-2011 02:08 AM)K-man Wrote:  

http://www.rooshv.com/desperate-times

[Image: lol.gif]

Nicaragua is even better. A bottle of the nice rum (Flor de Cana) is about 7.5-8 bucks. I'd usually And you can surf the shit out of that place.

I used to (hell, still do) use Option #3. Some of those places had ugly chicks and/or was a sausagefest but it served my purpose for that 1 hour that I was there....

...get that buzz going before I hit my intended club.

I usually get a bottle of Stroh 80 Rum. Its 160 proof, and worth every penny at $40! Also, drinking it straight in a bar makes people stare.

Option #5

Don't drink often, so only one beer will give you a buzz.

[Image: angel.gif]

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I hardly drink anymore but I always buy the cheapest bottle of vodka and keep cranberry juice in the fridge for the hoes. Pretty much the strongest shit that tastes like rubbing alcohol when its warm but who gives a fuck when it's sitting in the freezer. Tastes like candy mixed with cranberry juice.

Where did everyone get their flasks from? I might have to keep one on me when I go out.

Since we're talking about being cheap, what's the best/cheapest shit to get for the girls? Something that will get them fucked up fast but tastes good when mixed up. I might have to invest in some wine.

Quote: (05-27-2011 02:56 AM)houston Wrote:  

I hardly drink anymore but I always buy the cheapest bottle of vodka and keep cranberry juice in the fridge for the hoes. Pretty much the strongest shit that tastes like rubbing alcohol when its warm but who gives a fuck when it's sitting in the freezer. Tastes like candy mixed with cranberry juice.

Where did everyone get their flasks from? I might have to keep one on me when I go out.

Since we're talking about being cheap, what's the best/cheapest shit to get for the girls? Something that will get them fucked up fast but tastes good when mixed up. I might have to invest in some wine.

I bought a Russian flask from eBay, love it.

Another option is to not drink much at all. When I was out with Gmac in Vegas, he and the girls bought a round of tequila shots and I ended up pretending to drink it and then putting it aside for him to drink after.

Booze just makes me tired and causes my Game to get weak. I can approach without alcohol-induced confidence; it's a good skill to cultivate.

Wine? DTF girls, in my experience, always love vodka. Get a bottle of shitty rotka and pour it into a Goose bottle. They'll never know the difference and you'll look like a baller for $15 a fifth.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

These are some great tips Gmac, I know they work because I've used most of them before!

I do a modification of your pre-drinking at home though, and pre-drink in the car. Obviously not while I'm driving, but when I pull up to the spot, I'll park a ways away from the entrance, or between a couple big ass trucks, so my car is kind of "hidden". Then either slam a 40, or more ideally, sip a mixed drink from a pop bottle. Presto-chango, I've got my buzz before I get into the bar, I'm loose, feeling good and have plenty of time to sober up to drive home. This generally doesn't hurt my game either, because now I don't have to wait at a crowded bar to get that first drink, and thus don't look like all the other slapdicks up there. The only way this backfires is if I mix too vile a poison OR keep drinking too much in the bar.

The flask is an absolute must in the winter, and at clubs/bars that are way over-priced. Usually those higher-end places have the fancy bathroom with the attendant, makes things really easy. Just buy a beer, drink it, then go into a stall, close the door and pour your flask into the beer bottle. Now just keep enjoying your "beer"!

Quote: (05-27-2011 01:49 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Wine? DTF girls, in my experience, always love vodka. Get a bottle of shitty rotka and pour it into a Goose bottle. They'll never know the difference and you'll look like a baller for $15 a fifth.
Thanks chad. I got a hold of an empty grey goose bottle yest and poured my hobo vodka in it [Image: banana.gif] can't wait to try this out on the next lizard that I bring by

Good thread. I am going to try out getting a bacardi, downing it in a cab over to the club/lounge. Drinks are costing me a fortune.

Any hangover remedies? [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (05-29-2011 11:49 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

Do you want impractical?

Or practical: IE - drink powerade/gatorade before you go out and then again after or in the morning. Usually when I do this, I'm fine unless I get REALLY wasted.

-Liquor isn't a good look. I work at a restaurant and we serve 4 oz of drink in 12 oz containers. Ice distorts peoples perception of volume.
-30 racks for pregames are where its at because you can pay 70 cent per beer if you get the right stuff.
-Get a pitcher. The sizes vary from place to place, but you can get at least 3 pints for the price of 1.5-2 individual ones. You can rotate rounds with your bros so that you don't look like a cheapskate.
-Find the cheap liquor with the sleek design. Where I'm at we have this stuff call Denaka that's advertised as being from Denmark, has a rounded triangular bottle design, and sells for $9 a fifth.

Quote: (05-30-2011 11:42 AM)CJ Wrote:  

Quote: (05-29-2011 11:49 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

Do you want impractical?

Or practical: IE - drink powerade/gatorade before you go out and then again after or in the morning. Usually when I do this, I'm fine unless I get REALLY wasted.

Yea I actually used your practical advice last night/this morning, no hangover but tired like mofo.

At least it worked for me.

mini-bottles are the way to go. Likewise, disguising clear spirits in a water bottle is too easy save for the smell- I prefer Fris vodka and Bacardi superior. I got a whole 750ml bottle of rum into a large dasani bottle. Felt great not paying for over-priced drinks