rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How the Forum could have been 20 years ago.

I am a few years older than Roosh and I started traveling when I was 16. I was selected for a 1 month exchange program, of 20 New York and 20 Madrid students.
That is where my eyes started to open. I remember how 80 percent of the group cried, when they left Madrid, and nobody did when they left New York.
Afterwards, I started to backpack, study and live in Western Europe. I visited Eastern Europe and even Russia then. At the time it was too closed off and lack of english was even worse.
What are some regrets..
1. Argentinian friend vouched for Brazil and Salvador being a pussy paradise, but I waited a decade to go.
2. Instead of doing my third year of University in Sweden, I should have done it in Poland, Brazil. Russia, Thailand.
3. Not spending my late 20s in Medellin, Colombia starting a band.
4. Concentrating too much on the West, though Austin and New York had their good times.
All is good, but the Forum would have been even more valuable 20 years ago.

Another regret is... instead of being a poor bastard learning French in Paris at 20, I should have been learning Russian in Ukraine or Russia.

Quote: (05-06-2015 04:37 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Another regret is... instead of being a poor bastard learning French in Paris at 20, I should have been learning Russian in Ukraine or Russia.
For what? I think you made the right choice there.

Quote: (05-06-2015 04:42 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (05-06-2015 04:37 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

For what? I think you made the right choice there.

Paris is more of an experienced and rich mans playground. Hard to get alot of pussy, when you are too young, all you are eating is gyros and bagguetes and can barely afford a cover charge.[Image: idea.gif]

Where are you now? Why can't you get puzzy at this point with all your knowledge now? There are still tons of puzzy paradises that exist and Ciallis is there to extend your tenure in the game.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (05-06-2015 05:23 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Where are you now? Why can't you get puzzy at this point with all your knowledge now? There are still tons of puzzy paradises that exist and Ciallis is there to extend your tenure in the game.

Moma, leave it to older women to make a man more pensive. Yes, young pussy makes a man more active and less philosophical. I am biding my time.

My grandfather told me stories in his youth where you had enough opportunities and women to make the world your own, and he said I was born too late. One of the few things I disagreed on with him because I see a bunch of open doors now. Don't let the "good ol' days" keep you down. We are still young men stuck in a world of infinite possibilities. On the other hand I'll always be jealous of the guys 150 years or even a 100 years before our time. There was a great unknown and mysticism in the outside world.

Now let us be young men together.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

My family has always traveled, my passport filled up before I hit high school.

I just continued on and kept traveling.
I was lucky to find the forum when I was still in high school.
Great resource to get the drive to travel but also work and get a job

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (05-07-2015 05:17 AM)The Ligurian Wrote:  

These are the good old days we are in right now. Victorian travellers taking the Grand Tour in the 1800's complained that they had missed out on the good old days of European travel in the 1700's. When I was in Russia in the early 1990's people said "you're ten years too late, in the 80's you had models begging to fuck you". And in the same way in 2035 we'll look back on this time as being a great time for travel.

Last summer I dated an attractive, slim girl half my age in Belarus, guys I know are dating attractive girls half their age in Ukraine right now. If that does not make today 'the good old days' then what more do you want?

Chochemonger realise how great these times are right now if you are willing to make them so. We all have regrets of past decisions but they were the right decisions at the time only in hindsight were they not optimol. Focus on the present and forget the past until you're old and hang up the boots.

Greta post and I agree.

Coche, are you sure there aren't other things going on in your life that are making you unhappy? Look at your recent thread history, it's all negativity about multiple countries. You don't like Colombia anymore. You missed the boat on Brazil. Now you dislike Poland.

You seem to have a really negative and defeatist mindset right now. Maybe there's other things going on that you need to address.

Quote: (05-08-2015 01:24 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

These are the good old days we are in right now. Victorian travellers taking the Grand Tour in the 1800's complained that they had missed out on the good old days of European travel in the 1700's. When I was in Russia in the early 1990's people said "you're ten years too late, in the 80's you had models begging to fuck you". And in the same way in 2035 we'll look back on this time as being a great time for travel.

Last summer I dated an attractive, slim girl half my age in Belarus, guys I know are dating attractive girls half their age in Ukraine right now. If that does not make today 'the good old days' then what more do you want?

Chochemonger realise how great these times are right now if you are willing to make them so. We all have regrets of past decisions but they were the right decisions at the time only in hindsight were they not optimol. Focus on the present and forget the past until you're old and hang up the boots.

Greta post and I agree.

Coche, are you sure there aren't other things going on in your life that are making you unhappy? Look at your recent thread history, it's all negativity about multiple countries. You don't like Colombia anymore. You missed the boat on Brazil. Now you dislike Poland.

You seem to have a really negative and defeatist mindset right now. Maybe there's other things going on that you need to address.

Yes Rio I am just seeing an overall fast word wide decline that is unprecedented, and yes, that has made me somewhat pessimistic. But, as we know here in the Forum, we have to make the most of what is out there, not bitch and just move forward. So, I will try to be more optimistic in future posts.
This last year has been about giving a last look at the 3 last bastions of femininity....South America, SE Asia and E, Europe and deciding what 2 places to live permanently. Next year I will buy a house and car in Colombia, so I can stay there 4 to 6 months of the year. The other country is yet to be determined.

Quote: (05-08-2015 04:56 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-08-2015 01:24 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Greta post and I agree.

Yes Rio I am just seeing an overall fast word wide decline that is unprecedented, and yes, that has made me somewhat pessimistic. But, as we know here in the Forum, we have to make the most of what is out there, not bitch and just move forward. So, I will try to be more optimistic in future posts.
This last year has been about giving a last look at the 3 last bastions of femininity....South America, SE Asia and E, Europe and deciding what 2 places to live permanently. Next year I will buy a house and car in Colombia, so I can stay there 4 to 6 months of the year. The other country is yet to be determined.

Are you sure you want a car in Colombia? Everyone I talk to says having a car there was one big headache until they eventually had to get rid of it.

If you know where you want to buy a house in Colombia or any country you'll also know you may need a car or possibly a truck of some sorts they sell down in that hell hole.

Now. I've been thinking and looking around on google earth and will start a new thread if this conversation gets deeper.

Quote: (05-08-2015 08:30 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

If you know where you want to buy a house in Colombia or any country you'll also know you may need a car or possibly a truck of some sorts they sell down in that hell hole.

Now. I've been thinking and looking around on google earth and will start a new thread if this conversation gets deeper.

It will be either in Barranaquilla or Cali. I would not drive and I would hire a driver. He can pick up the young lady and bring her to my place or the mall near me.

Good ol' days are a state of mind in which you feel the best and "feel" free of challenges that are otherwise very real. When life and responsibilities catch up to you it's difficult to see that freedom and the challenges you brushed off or caught only a glimpse of. These challenges are now in "fact" very real and very much in your face(eg family, kids, work). Don't underestimate the value of this freedom.

So before life catches up to you enjoy your good ol' days without worrying about how they're somehow "over." They're not.

This is the golden age right now, no doubt. Everywhere I go to, women are far more mobilised then they ever have been when it comes to dating on the go. 20 years ago, online dating didn't exist. 20 years ago, you would have to call females on their landlines (which in developing countries, many don't have) or they would need to call you at your hotel.

Threads from 20 years ago:

"Is it beta if I give a girl 40 cents to call me from a public phone"

Yes 20 years ago a man would have been more satisfied. Now, the best strategy is hunker down where you do well, get a nice place, car and driver, and maximize your potential.....at least for a man over 35.

Compounding, the knowledge simply wasn't out there. Those living the 'player' lifestyle had money, fame or at lease reputation or immense social circles.

Right now I know I can land in any country I feel like and stick my dick in something with a few texts and some logistics.

Quote: (05-09-2015 09:54 AM)CodyB Wrote:  

Compounding, the knowledge simply wasn't out there. Those living the 'player' lifestyle had money, fame or at lease reputation or immense social circles.

Right now I know I can land in any country I feel like and stick my dick in something with a few texts and some logistics.
So no regular guys were doing this because of cell phones,mystery and dating sites huh?

Quote: (05-09-2015 10:22 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (05-09-2015 09:54 AM)CodyB Wrote:  

So no regular guys were doing this because of cell phones,mystery and dating sites huh?

Don't think a lot of regular guys did. Most regular guys even these days haven't even left their state.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List