rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Porsche Boxster

Porsche Boxster

Any opinions on this car:

http://www.standvirtual.com/carros/Porsc.../P3847395/

Porsche Boxster

You can get them for a lot less in Miami. Everyone has one of these for sale in South Florida. Most go for 8K USD. Not sure if you are in America or Europe. My opinion, everyone has a boxster nowadays.....you'll be another face in the crowd if your mission is to pull up and mack like a daddy rat.

I recently purchased a mint Porsche 944 Turbo '86 Coupe for 8KUSD - LOVE IT!!

I rented a boxster for about 2 months back in 2004, it drives smooth and nice, but VERY SMALL on the inside, and its very tough to see from your rear view mirror as the window is so tiny!

Mixx

Porsche Boxster

I won't comment on the actual performance of the Boxster but owning one sends the very clear message that you can't afford a real Porsche.

Porsche Boxster

A Boxster is a Porsche, everyone sings that tune about it not being a real Porsche. These are the same people pushing Civics. Would you say that about the 924,944 or 928(which I think is a classic).!!!
Having said that I think the Boxster was just designed to reach a lower end market, as you can tell I do kinda of like them. Then again I am a two seater fan and am currently in the market for one.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Porsche Boxster

As a former 911 owner and Porsche lover, I wouldn't touch a boxster, it's a glorified Miata. I don't care about the price tag, it's Porsche lite, if you're gonna do a Porsche do it right. I'd play it like Mixx if you're working on a budget, rather a classic with some balls than the girls version.

Porsche Boxster

I like the Boxster and I work on them as well.They used to say the same crap about the 914 back in the day then the 924 then the 944..Anyway a non turbo 911 or 996 isnt really a very fast ride.The performance of the boxster S almost overlaps the 996 which really was not designed to be a convertible and its not very good at it either.The boxster was,, and I love the way they drive. Dont buy an automatic,look online for the common pitfalls of the boxster (oil separator etc) and check the service records.When you buy a used european car always turn the key on and make sure all the dummy lights come on then go out after start up. They have alot of expensive air bag ,abs parts that can fail and dealers like to pull those bulbs out...so do private owners they ask me to do it almost everyday so they can sell.

Porsche Boxster

8K USD for a Boxster? Man, that's cheap

Porsche Boxster

I don't really like the old one. But mannnn the boxster black edition looks sick !! [Image: blush.gif]

Porsche Boxster

I´ve been driving a second hand Boxster from 1998 for the last 7 months, here are my impressions:

- The interior is incredibly small. I´m 1,94 mts. and touch the steering wheel with my knees.
- It´s slower than I imagined. I drove a new mercedes C220 cdi, and the feeling was pretty much the same in terms of speed, not in comfort in which Mercedes is a mile away.
- Above 150kmh you need to yell for having a conversation.
- It consumes gas like a drunk man.
- It´s a dangerous car. The back slides alot in curves.
- You driving at 120kmh it looks like your driving at 220kmh because of all the noise.
- You hear a lot of remarks like: "you should buy a real porsche"; " you can trick the fools", my mother actually said she was embarrased to ride with me. My wife didn´t mind since I wanted to buy one for some time.
- The cost of repairments is insane if you go to the official dealer.

That being said

- The noise after 3000rpm is beautiful.
- The car drives like a cart and it´s as dangerous and fun to drive.
- Woman, man, young people, look to the car and the driver, if the top is down even woman holding they boyfriends hand. It is a babe magnet.
- Other drivers give you priority on the road.
- You also get jeaulosly everybody wants to compete with you. Honda civics, mercedes, etc.

It´s a fun car but tiring also. For me owning a porsche boxster it´s like dating a good looking slut. In the begining you only see the boobs and face. After a while the temperament, the discussions and get tired of it. Same with boxster.

I will sell the boxster and buy another car. If I had money Panamera Hybrid. Let´s see.

Porsche Boxster

Quote: (05-21-2011 06:34 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

I won't comment on the actual performance of the Boxster but owning one sends the very clear message that you can't afford a real Porsche.

I agree in regards to the opinion of men. But bishes don't know shit They just see the brand and go "oooooooo a Porsche!" LOL!

Porsche Boxster

What's you're price range? And what are you getting it for (performance or name)?

Other compatible cars are the Scion FRS, Nissan 370z/350z.

I think if I were to go Porsche I would save up for a used Cayman for 20-30g