rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shoes to wear with white jeans/pants

I bought some white jeans and pants last year, but I've never worn them because I don't think any of my shoes pair nicely.

Do any of you guys have a suggestion?

I suggest something like this
[Image: 0317ed787e6f632c3142fd710803a488.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Ha.

I'm looking fot a casual look by the way. Something that would look good with an outfit like this.

[attachment=25613]

(That shirt is sky blue not green and thr legs aren't as wide as they look here)
Light colored t shirt or navy blue polo

White jeans/pants are neutral and can be paired with just about anything. I would wear them in the spring/summer because it fits better with those seasons. I would stick to summer styles of shoes like boat shoes, bucks, loafers, drivers, etc.

My favorite combination is white pants with navy shoes.

[Image: 629656117_960.jpg]

This guy looks sharp because he matches the tan top and his skin to the brown and tan shoes.

[Image: banana-republic271.jpeg]

For the most part anything can look good with white pants. A key would be to have the shoes and tops matching.

[Image: vn-0ee3red-1.jpg?_ex=60x60]

Look up Ronaldo. He wears white pants often.

I say driving loafer. Wear it short and show your ankle.

Tan brogues or monkstraps with red socks would be my first choice.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Desert boots:

[Image: opening-ceremony-desert-m1-suede-desert-..._flex.jpeg]

I think I read somewhere that if you wear white pants with brighter colored shoes, like light blue, red, yellow, etc, that it's best to cuff the pants a little higher to show some of your ankle so that there isn't such a startling contrast between the pants and the shoes. And, as Realologist said, it's also easier to pull off if you match something up top to your shoe color.

White pants a yay for warmer weather?

I've been looking for a good pair for a while. Soon I'll find a good fit.

I've gotten to be a big fan of white pants and have several in jeans and trousers. I wore them a lot last year and plan to do so again starting in early May.

I agree with other posters that white is neutral and can be worn with any shoe color. The only shoe color I hesitate to wear it with is white; that look isn't wrong it's just not very interesting.

Blue shoes look especially good with white as do brightly colored shoes like red or yellow. Brown or black are fine too. The key is to coordinate the shoes with your shirt or sport coat, either by picking up a color or complimenting it.

White pants are great for subtle peacocking because not many men wear them and you will stand out a bit.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (03-24-2015 02:23 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I suggest something like this
[Image: 0317ed787e6f632c3142fd710803a488.jpg]

[Image: kFg81xf.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

[Image: 3168285-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg][Image: 2987563-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg][Image: 2980736-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg][Image: 3062236-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg]

Something along those lines. But not with that (color) shirt.

Quote: (03-24-2015 01:45 PM)Kickb Wrote:  

I bought some white jeans and pants last year, but I've never worn them because I don't think any of my shoes pair nicely.

Do any of you guys have a suggestion?

If you're balling out it'd be rude not to rock the Gucci loafers. Horsebit loafer for smart, drivers for casual. Timeless class.

For mid-range I'd probably pick up a pair of tassel loafers from Russell & Bromley. British family brand with a flagship on Bond Street. Or perhaps Hudson Shoes, slightly cheaper as manufactured in Portugal but decent quality all the same. Either way it'd be some sort of loafer, tan preferably.

Quote: (03-24-2015 06:06 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

White pants a yay for warmer weather?

I've been looking for a good pair for a while. Soon I'll find a good fit.

Dockers Alpha Khaki Tapered fit. Wide enough on the upper leg if you've got bigger thighs yet taper from the knee down for a modern, clean silhouette. There's different fabric weights depending on the season so try to get them in person so you can check the handle of the fabric.

Dockers is owned by Levi jeans so quality is as you'd expect.

I get my tailor to take them in more from the knee down to around a 6 inch leg opening then roll up to show off the footwear.

Highly recommended. This is them:

[Image: Dockers-Alpha-Khaki-in-White-495x600.jpg]

Somebody mentioned ronaldo

[Image: cristiano-ronaldo-fashion-with-brown-jac...ng-bag.jpg]

[Image: search%3Fq%3Dtimberland%2Bsuede%26safe%3...40%253B400]

Quote: (03-24-2015 08:35 PM)General Mayhem Wrote:  

Somebody mentioned ronaldo

[Image: cristiano-ronaldo-fashion-with-brown-jac...ng-bag.jpg]

Notice his top clothes almost exactly match the color and style of his shoes, although I don't think it's necessary to be quite so matchy-matchy. Perhaps he should have put a little more color in his scarf.

delete

Quote: (05-30-2015 06:09 PM)DickDastardly Wrote:  

White pants must be an American thing. In Ireland it is the quickest way to be labelled a homo.

I would never wear white pants. For that exact same reason.

Ironically you can get away with wearing very flamboyant shirts or shorts without being labelled [Image: gay.gif]

Team Nachos

Dated a fashion designer once who bought me a pair of white jeans. Never wore 'em.

White pants are often mis/match.

You really need to nail down the right look, i would personally never dare to wear the combination you posted in the pic above.

The Ronaldo pic is cool, but he would've looked better with a nice pair of dark jeans or dark chino's imo.

I would match it with a white blazer and a cool t-shirt or shirt.

As for shoes, match it with the color of your shirt. Don't wear sneakers.

[Image: suitref.jpg]

[Image: matt-bomer-white-suit-01.jpg]

Brown Suede Loafers

[Image: tumblr_nocvu32AXF1t2e10to1_400.jpg]

Light Brown Suede Driving Shoes/Moccasins

[Image: tumblr_nosh6g66s11t2e10to1_400.jpg]

Excuse me sir. Fashion police here. Do you have a permit for that outfit?

[Image: 0plN1Pt.jpg]

Team Nachos

Just don't wear black shoes. If you want to wear leather shoes you should get some dark brown loafers (or perhaps light brown).

Or boat shoes. Classic brown boat shoes in good leather, relatively inexpensive ones by Chatham or someone like that. White trousers are a classic naval/maritime look, and are still worn in high end yacht clubs around the world. Good style, and looking 'cool', is in part looking appropriate, and looking like you understand the origins of what you are wearing. This is the main reason it looks ridiculous when 'fashionable' people butcher traditional clothing (wearing braces without a shirt and jacket, rolling up your suit sleeves, wearing a suit jacket and a tshirt, having your suit jacket tailored too short as is the modern horrific fashion etc etc).

This is what a great many people who are very 'fashionable' fail to understand about real style. Real style is taking classic looks, and adding very subtle personal quirks to them, just enough to hint at a personality. It can be as simple as adding a hint of colour to the stripe on your suit, or picking an unusual and colourful tie against a beautifully tailored dark grey suit/white shirt combo. When I wear white trousers, I generally wear a navy (no accident) or pale blue shirt, and a navy jacket. I then have a selection of handkerchiefs which all have anchors on them, some white and navy, some red and white etc. You might also pair it with a maritime watch.

I do think the coloured deck shoes, loafers, and blue suede shoes are all good choices too.