rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recommendations for a one month fitness/beach trip

Early 20's American here, doing a good ol' explore the world / self-improvement / get notches expedition.

I've been in Phuket and BKK for the last two months and in a few days am headed to Cebu City for however long it takes to ween myself off of my online game dependence. When I'm finished in SE Asia I'm planning to spend a solid three months in Greece, primarily in Thessaloniki, and I'm looking forward to detailing what I find there and reporting it to you guys. Least I could do, this forum has been a goldmine for me since leaving the States and there isn't much up-to-date info on Greece available from what I can see.

Reason for this post is that I'd like to spend a month between Cebu City and Thessaloniki off the grid and was hoping someone had a gem to recommend. I plan on bringing my own girl(s) and completely cutting out alcohol for the entire visit so my criteria basically comes down to..

1. close proximity to beach, ideally ON the beach. waters sports would be a plus
2. a decent weight room with dumbbells and a squat rack
3. quality, affordable beginner western boxing, bjj, or mma training
4. access to cheap healthy food or quality groceries that I can have a girl or a local prepare for me
5. affordable accommodation, safe in the room would be swell
6. reasonably easy to get to from a nearby city with an online scene so that i can bring my own pussy and focus on fitness during the trip

Worst comes to worst going back to Phuket would work but I'm hoping to find an alternative. Thanks [Image: icon_worship.gif]

Perhaps Koh Tao or one of the less party heavy Thai islands? Koh Tao is very westernized thanks to all the dive schools and has good gyms and food. Still small and quiet enough so you will not get distracted by heavy partying.

Quote: (03-17-2015 05:14 AM)atlant Wrote:  

Perhaps Koh Tao or one of the less party heavy Thai islands? Koh Tao is very westernized thanks to all the dive schools and has good gyms and food. Still small and quiet enough so you will not get distracted by heavy partying.

Not familiar with Koh Tao but sounds promising and will do some homework on it, thanks. I've done Thailand for over two months now though, I hope finding a place like this in a neighboring country isn't wishful thinking.

What about Da Nang?

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-41638....ht=da+nang

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Quote: (03-17-2015 06:00 AM)Sweet Pea Wrote:  

What about Da Nang?

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-41638....ht=da+nang

Da Nang sounds like EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Thanks for the link man.

Your requirements don't sound that 'off the grid', but if you are looking for off the grid, I've found that the best source of this information is itself 'off the grid'. There are things men will tell an individual man in a bar that they will not tell the whole internet.

Quote: (03-17-2015 05:06 AM)fefe Wrote:  

Early 20's American here, doing a good ol' explore the world / self-improvement / get notches expedition.

I've been in Phuket and BKK for the last two months and in a few days am headed to Cebu City for however long it takes to ween myself off of my online game dependence. When I'm finished in SE Asia I'm planning to spend a solid three months in Greece, primarily in Thessaloniki, and I'm looking forward to detailing what I find there and reporting it to you guys. Least I could do, this forum has been a goldmine for me since leaving the States and there isn't much up-to-date info on Greece available from what I can see.

Reason for this post is that I'd like to spend a month between Cebu City and Thessaloniki off the grid and was hoping someone had a gem to recommend. I plan on bringing my own girl(s) and completely cutting out alcohol for the entire visit so my criteria basically comes down to..

1. close proximity to beach, ideally ON the beach. waters sports would be a plus
2. a decent weight room with dumbbells and a squat rack
3. quality, affordable beginner western boxing, bjj, or mma training
4. access to cheap healthy food or quality groceries that I can have a girl or a local prepare for me
5. affordable accommodation, safe in the room would be swell
6. reasonably easy to get to from a nearby city with an online scene so that i can bring my own pussy and focus on fitness during the trip

Worst comes to worst going back to Phuket would work but I'm hoping to find an alternative. Thanks [Image: icon_worship.gif]

My haircutter is from Ukraine, and claims that the Black Sea has special health properties. Vacation there and you won't catch a bug all year, was the established wisdom when she lived in that part of the world. Several venues would have everything you're looking for, including Sunny Beach, Bulgaria, or Varna.