rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guest Friendly condo in HCMC?

Hey all

About to embark on a long overdue siege of Vietnam. I have been reading about there being issues bringing "guests" back to even PRIVATE condos on here. Assuming some intrepid RVers have surmounted this problem and found a logistically sound solution? Apart from living in a guest friendly hotel which is not great long term... Any suggestions?

I stayed in Lan Lan 2 in D1...near Bhan Than market.
Booked thru Agoda. Enjoyed the hotel.

It was $45-$48 + if I had a girl spend the night it
was $15-20 extra for the penalty.

They did not charge for girls that came over during
the day. Keep in mind you can not parade dozens of
girls back.

They do have a sister property Lan Lan 1 which is near.

Their breakfast Buffett was great too. I stayed there
9 nights....since they were ok with my guests.

Please share whatever you find...as I want to go back!

Quote: (03-16-2015 10:08 PM)mrnomer14 Wrote:  

Hey all

About to embark on a long overdue siege of Vietnam. I have been reading about there being issues bringing "guests" back to even PRIVATE condos on here. Assuming some intrepid RVers have surmounted this problem and found a logistically sound solution? Apart from living in a guest friendly hotel which is not great long term... Any suggestions?

At these places there are no restrictions:
Saigon Pearl, The Manor, Thao Dien Pearl
At some places e.g. BMC (yes, condos) girls need to leave their ID when it is very late.

Quote: (03-16-2015 10:08 PM)mrnomer14 Wrote:  

Hey all

Are you staying long- or short-term? You'll run into problems at some hotels and guest houses, but private condos and apartments shouldn't be an issue. When in doubt, talk to the front desk/security to see if they allow special friends to visit.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

If you're staying for 30 days or more, Craigslist is a good way to find an apartment/condo in Saigon. Just ask up front if it's cool if you have overnight guests; in most places it won't be an issue. In my experience it's a bigger deal if 1) the owner is living there in the complex or 2) your utilities are included in the price and the owner is worried about increased usage.

This is all great Intel. Thanks guys. RVF is a veritable fountain of information! Will report back.

I'm heading to HCMC around 8 April for 4 weeks.

Also looking for well located, guest friendly apartment for fair value.

Any suggestions welcome?

Quote: (03-17-2015 08:49 PM)Antipodean Wrote:  

Any suggestions welcome?

What's your budget? Where do you want to stay?

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Quote: (03-18-2015 07:45 AM)Sweet Pea Wrote:  

Quote: (03-17-2015 08:49 PM)Antipodean Wrote:  

Any suggestions welcome?

What's your budget? Where do you want to stay?

I don't have a fixed budget, but always looking for best value.
District 1 seems like the best location, as I prefer to walk around as much as possible.

My minimum requirements are guest friendly, air con, basic kitchen, clean, etc.

If I stay for 28 days, will probably be more economical to rent an apartment for one month?