rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

One More Item Off Bucket List - Torn Callus

tl;dr - first time I have torn a callus, what is the best way to quickly recover?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, it isn't that big of a deal, I just wanted to funny subject heading. I don't feel anything (slight pain) unless I lift the callus of the hand.

I did tear it fully, I can lift the skin and it is hanging by a piece of skin maybe half a dime size.

I have been googling to see how best to deal with. Cut it off? Superglue it back on?

After all these years of lifting this is the first time.

Obviously my goal is to minimize the time to get back to lifting. Nothing against boxing (love it) but those 6 months of only boxing must have weakened my callus a bit.

Hopefully, I didn't leave too much blood on gym equipment. I only noticed it when I got to the car.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Keep it moist with coconut oil or some other high quality moisturizer.

Let it breathe for most of the day but cover it up thoroughly with band-aids, gauze, athletic tape, etc. when you go to the gym.

Wear workout gloves at the gym!

Clean the area with warm water after the gym.

Keep it clean and moist at night.

Getting calluses is how I learned to masturbate with either hand! Lol!

Gio, thanks man.

Don't rip it off then?

Thanks.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

After cleaning it thoroughly I think I'd pack it full of as much polysporin/neosporin/antibiotic ointment as I could to ward off infection, instead of moisturizer. My wounds generally heal faster with that stuff.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (01-21-2015 02:30 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Superglue it back on?

This will buy you a couple days until the skin under it regenerates. It still will hurt, but hey.

Quote: (01-21-2015 04:07 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Gio, thanks man.

Don't rip it off then?

No. It will dry out and fall off in a week or less.

Quote: (01-21-2015 07:07 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

After cleaning it thoroughly I think I'd pack it full of as much polysporin/neosporin/antibiotic ointment as I could to ward off infection, instead of moisturizer.

Agreed. That stuff works.

Ignore my earlier comment about "moisturizing".

polysporin/neosporin/antibiotic ointment -- is better -- than just "moisturizing"

Haha I have been moisturizing. Ill change to Neosporin.

I just bite them off.

Gloves are for girls [Image: wink.gif]