rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ways to stay in Romania beyond 90 day limit

So I have a few weeks left before my 90 day limit is up. Like Schengen, Romania also has a pesky rule of allowing foreigners to stay only 90 days out of 180. So I would have to wait three months before I cen return. But I'm really starting to make things happen here and I don't want to leave so soon [Image: huh.gif]

So I was wondering if anyone has experience with getting around this rule and being able to stay longer. I'm looking into things like getting an extension or maybe even doing a border run. I don't think crossing the border and coming back in would allow me to reset it though. Anyone have any ideas or know of anything that's worked or can work?

Also I wonder what the penalty is for overstaying. Any help would be appreciated. Merry Christmas everyone!

Get a job. If you have a college degree, you surely can teach English.

Quote: (12-25-2014 08:11 PM)dontuan Wrote:  

So I have a few weeks left before my 90 day limit is up. Like Schengen, Romania also has a pesky rule of allowing foreigners to stay only 90 days out of 180. So I would have to wait three months before I cen return. But I'm really starting to make things happen here and I don't want to leave so soon [Image: huh.gif]

So I was wondering if anyone has experience with getting around this rule and being able to stay longer. I'm looking into things like getting an extension or maybe even doing a border run. I don't think crossing the border and coming back in would allow me to reset it though. Anyone have any ideas or know of anything that's worked or can work?

Also I wonder what the penalty is for overstaying. Any help would be appreciated. Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm in Cluj, Romania. My 90 days is almost up too. What do you mean by 90 out of 180?

Quote: (12-26-2014 06:18 PM)Murph_Sauce Wrote:  

Quote: (12-25-2014 08:11 PM)dontuan Wrote:  

I'm in Cluj, Romania. My 90 days is almost up too. What do you mean by 90 out of 180?

Yup. once you enter, you are allowed to stay 90 days within the six months that follow. Are you going to figure out a way to extend your stay or leave and come right back in? Maybe we can figure something out.

http://washington.mae.ro/en/node/426

Hey! So I just learned of an immigration process for staying in Romania long term. If you're interested, PM me.

Quote: (01-12-2015 12:31 AM)dontuan Wrote:  

Hey! So I just learned of an immigration process for staying in Romania long term. If you're interested, PM me.

Is this process only available in Romania, or do you think it can be applied elsewhere? (sorry for compound question)

How long have you been there?

Here is one guy's story how he get romania temporary residency:
http://www.wanderingearl.com/how-i-obtai...n-country/

According to romania official immigration site:
igi.mai.gov.ro/detalii/pagina/en/Other-purpouses/78

"You can stay in the country if you carry out other activities which are not contrary to Romanian laws, if you justify your presence on the Romanian territory."

Don't know what type of activities qualify under this clause?

Will bribery work?

That guy was kicked out. Check his latest posts.

If you want to stay in Romania, you need to start an SRL (company) and apply for a visa under it; It allows you to basically freelance. (You'll basically need a Degree to do it, however)
Best advice to go about that process is to find a lawyer.

And teaching English in Romania is a joke, the majority of them under 30 speak English to an almost native level.