rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Decided I want to look like a grown man/adult

Sorry Tuth, I couldn't think of a better title. Now that I have that out of the way

After having a conversation with my dad I've come to the conclusion that I'm limiting my prospects with the way I currently look and I'm getting too old for this.

I have taken out my nose ring, eyebrow piercings, lip piercing, and I plan on downsizing my plugs and thankfully I never stretched to an extreme size. I will also be cutting my hair; any graphic shirt I own will be donated or thrown in the trash.

I've experimented with facial hair and I think a flavor savor is a good fit. I'm currently clean shaven. I am somewhat worried because the only 8+ girls I've fucked were probably due to me being in their niche group.

This also means I'm going to have to put in serious effort into building muscle which has never been a strength. I've always hated change but I'm going to have to suck it up because this is going to benefit me in the long run.

I'm predicting more quantity but less quality. I will be updating you all, also PM me if you have any questions

This would be better suited to the lifestyle forum.

I also am in the process of "aging" my look. I don't have as much to do as you do, but the idea is sound.

A beard is definitely a good tool in looking older, when I clean shave I look at least 5 years younger. Clothing, as you mention, is an easy way to mature yourself in the eyes of others. Doesn't mean you have to throw away all graphic tees, just use them sparingly in the right moments in the right places.

Another thing to consider is your social circle. It's a lot easier to dress older/maturely when you surround yourself with young professionals as opposed to a strict scene type group. That will probably be the biggest change.

Lifestyle thread.

You've made a wise choice. I used to have a lip ring and multiple earrings (plugs weren't that popular back then) and like you said, you can find sluts that have a fetish for guys with that look.

But by and large, you will have WAY more appeal to more women by maintaining a classic masculine look. Get a pair of dark jeans, some nice collared shirts, a blazer, some leather boots or some chukkas, and enjoy all the new attention you get.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I noticed that when I dress "nice" in Lacoste, Hugo Boss, Kenneth Cole, etc., I get much worse reactions from young 21-24 year old college girls when I go out to the local college bars, but usually if I'm wearing a cool t-shirt, jeans, and a flat bill hat, or zip-up hoodie, I will get better reactions. I live in a far north corner of Cali. where the style is more casual, less polished and mature then what you'll find in more urban areas, but sometimes you have to cater to your niche depending on what kind of crowd you're trying to work with.

That said, I think it's important for guys to look like "grown men", especially once they hit their late 20's on into their thirties, I still have friends in their mid-30's who wear super baggy jeans, scruffy old tennis shoes, beer shirts, etc. and dress the same way they did when they were 24 and finishing college. In my opinion the most important thing for a man is to wear clothes that fit well, this has taken a while for me to realize and improve upon, it was until a couple years ago that I really made an effort to improve in this dept., but anytime I see a man over thirty wearing supper baggy or long ill-fitted clothes it makes me cringe.

Bahaha... I'm looking to do the opposite...

I'm in my mid-20s and hoping to look early 20s for as long as possible.

Especially since a lot of my colleagues that I've known since they were nascent college grads look like they're headed straight into middle-agedness after just a few years.

I've kept a similar hair-cut as from my college days, and will look to get another, more obnoxious, ear-piercing when I leave my job. I'm in pretty good shape (six-pack, can bench 1.75x my weight, etc.) and my outfits are mostly henleys and v-necks with dark jeans.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

If you had success with legit 8+ in that niche, unless you are moving abroad then I would keep riding that horse til it is dead.

Don't fix what ain't broke. You found a good fishbowl. If you got 8+ it also means plenty of 7s were probably giving you good attention as well.

What kind of chicks were these? Tatted and pierced as well? Metal/punk/EDM chicks?

Or girls that look like good girls?

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Quote: (12-05-2014 10:22 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I noticed that when I dress "nice" in Lacoste, Hugo Boss, Kenneth Cole, etc., I get much worse reactions from young 21-24 year old college girls when I go out to the local college bars, but usually if I'm wearing a cool t-shirt, jeans, and a flat bill hat, or zip-up hoodie, I will get better reactions.

My thing is look and dress and young and hip as you can get away with. If you look like you could be in your mid to late 20s lots of that still flies just fine in SoCal even into the mid 30s oddly enough.

Now if I looked 30+ no matter what I did style-wise, yeah its time to dress up and get classy quick.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Being a 40s guy I find this thread funny, why the heck do you wanna dress like a man.
I wish I could wear the weird shit I wore when I was younger.
I hate blazers, they make men look old. Only stylish Italian men can make them look cool.
I love suits, people compliment me when I wear them but some people call me sir. I only wear them when I have too.
I wear chinos, even my parents laugh at them.
I guess what I am saying is certain clothes show who you are as a person, most clothes are uniforms. Just go to your local mall and you will see the same crap in every shop, just at different price points.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (12-05-2014 11:18 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Being a 40s guy I find this thread funny, why the heck do you wanna dress like a man.
I hate blazers, they make men look old. Only stylish Italian men can make them look cool.
I love suits, people compliment me when I wear them but some people call me sir. I only wear them when I have too.
I guess what I am saying is certain clothes show who you are as a person, most clothes are uniforms. Just go to your local mall and you will see the same crap in every shop, just at different price points.
^ Nope all wrong up top

Congrats LM

I have a working theory .. Dress under the radar and let your mouth do the talking. Only the weak hide behind suits, piercings and tattoos

Quote: (12-05-2014 10:05 PM)Big Country Wrote:  

Clothing, as you mention, is an easy way to mature yourself in the eyes of others. Doesn't mean you have to throw away all graphic tees, just use them sparingly in the right moments in the right places.

Yeah, like when landing on a comet for example.

Quote: (12-05-2014 10:42 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

If you had success with legit 8+ in that niche, unless you are moving abroad then I would keep riding that horse til it is dead.

Don't fix what ain't broke. You found a good fishbowl. If you got 8+ it also means plenty of 7s were probably giving you good attention as well.

What kind of chicks were these? Tatted and pierced as well? Metal/punk/EDM chicks?

Or girls that look like good girls?

Its really been girls from all over, I don't really look punk or anything despite the many piercings. I just feel like I'm limiting my prospects

I use to preach quality over quantity but now I'm not so sure. Tomorrow I get a haircut but like I said, I'm fully expecting a decrease in quality.

Also, throw away any pair of shorts you might own.

Quote: (12-05-2014 11:18 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

we've been over this a hundred times. When we're talking blazers, we're not talking this look:

[Image: stephen-geoffrey-black-business-suit-taupe-pants.jpg]

Think more like this:
[Image: article-2296816-18D37D4D000005DC-601_634x915.jpg]

I've got two navy blazers, one summer weight one wool winter weight, and the amount of attention I get in them is ridiculous. When I start rolling in cash again I want to expand my collection and get some light colored blazers.

Start with the basics. Get a single breasted 2 button navy blazer. From there you can get creative with elbow patches, double breasted, pinstripes, etc. Lighter is less formal; darker is more so.

Style your hair, grow your beard out just until it's scruffy, look slightly disheveled with a glass of whiskey in your hand, and watch the IOIs pour in.

Edit, for the record I'm not saying that second pic is the epitome of how to wear a blazer. I'd wear darker jeans and brown leather boots instead, he's got the shirt right though.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (12-05-2014 11:34 PM)Blobert Wrote:  

Quote: (12-05-2014 10:05 PM)Big Country Wrote:  

Clothing, as you mention, is an easy way to mature yourself in the eyes of others. Doesn't mean you have to throw away all graphic tees, just use them sparingly in the right moments in the right places.

Yeah, like when landing on a comet for example.

I like graphic tees for the neighborhood bar. The point of a graphic tee is a conversation starter. Tees are great for showing off physique, of course they should be v-neck but the right crew neck can work.

I have this shirt and chicks love it:
[Image: _9337265.jpg]

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I would like to own this t-shirt one day:

[Image: 39011195_1_585x461.jpg]

It's a t-shirt released in 1998 by one of my favourite Bulgarian bands, Hipodil.

I hope I'm not going off topic.

,,Я видел, куда падает солнце!
Оно уходит сквозь постель,
В глубокую щель!"
-Андрей Середа, ,,Улица чужих лиц", 1989 г.

Dude man, when you have to change your style that helps you get good looking girls for professional reasons, that's when you know that you're a slave.

Why don't you just change your clothes for work and after work you can wear what you want? Same with piercings - you can take em out for work.

I think I would fall into a deep depression if I knew I had to change my look but would lose quality of girls because of it

One thing I've always found weird is why they don't make funny/witty designs on V-necks ?

Almost all Tees I wear are V-necks because they expose my chest hair, and a small part of my clavicle (for some reason, girls really like this), also they fit in great on the chest and arms regions without staying too tight, gay-tight.

I would love to have a couple of funny designs on some white/black V-necks.

Also you really have to watch out that you don't transform yourself into a business zombie. There are tons of middle managers out there who look clean and wear suits every day, and who definitely make more money than tattooed pierced guys working lesser jobs, but who can't get laid with a decent looking girl if their life depended on it.

I did the same thing (lip pierced, long hair). Buy some button ups, get into the habit of ironing them. Wear polos over basic tees (it's literally the same amount of effort for you but gets noticed far more)

Buy some quality jeans, personally I like Perry Ellis slim fit, it's not skinny jean status but gives your legs some definition. As gay as H&M is they have some good blazers for casual wear, they tend to fit snug even when all you have is a V Neck under it

Veloce - both blazers pic look bad, the second one even worst considering he is married to a billionaires daughter.

El Mech - not sure what you meant. I don't like being called sir by younger people, makes me feel old.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (12-06-2014 11:24 AM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Veloce - both blazers pic look bad, the second one even worst considering he is married to a billionaires daughter.

El Mech - not sure what you meant. I don't like being called sir by younger people, makes me feel old.

[Image: wtf.jpg]

how does it look bad? He's nailing a billionaires daughter so he must have some idea of what he's doing...

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I think the blazer on the second guy with the chick looks good, I just don't like the patches on the elbows, otherwise solid look for a 30+ age man.

L M McCoy would you really need that drastic a change?

I think it's good to stick within a boundary that is still congruent with your personality and lifestyle (And maybe wouldn't even close off that current stream of girls.)

If you're a 'rocky' type of kid why not just stick with small plugs, take out all the other piercings and wear fitted gingham/checked shirts?

Something a bit like this:

[Image: image1xl.jpg]

Perhaps less full-blown 'rock' kid, and more a smartly dressed guy who likes that sort of stuff. The small plugs would push towards your background, but in a more subtle manner.

Perhaps look at some of the bands you like and look at the most maturely dressed member

Girls love the look of fitted shirts

Quote: (12-06-2014 11:24 AM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I don't want to be rude, but I get a strong feeling that the bolded part is the basis of your opinions in this thread.

Seriously, the Tshirt-jeans-hoodie-trainers outfit is some kind of children's dress code. A uniform of the damned.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Quote: (12-06-2014 08:43 AM)FretDancer Wrote:  

One thing I've always found weird is why they don't make funny/witty designs on V-necks ?

Almost all Tees I wear are V-necks because they expose my chest hair, and a small part of my clavicle (for some reason, girls really like this), also they fit in great on the chest and arms regions without staying too tight, gay-tight.

I would love to have a couple of funny designs on some white/black V-necks.

Fretdancer,

Redbubble has V neck tees with custom designs.
There are similar online companies that do the same thing.
It's a little pricey though.

Got this on a navy V.

[Image: flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg]

http://www.redbubble.com/people/photoson...?p=t-shirt

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA