rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fox Cancels $50M Dog Turd Reality Show - Utopia

Fox Cancels M Dog Turd Reality Show - Utopia

Not sure if any of you have been watching this show. I have it on when I remember it is playing. The premise was pretty good I thought, 15 people trying to build a new society. But miscasting and not making it real killed it all. It ended up being another stupid reality show. With some seriously mentally disturbed individuals. Whoever cast the show should be fired, they never had a chance to be successful because they had so few useful skills, so they made money by letting the outside world visit and they sold shit, I mean art, they made. Utopia allowed their cast to buy stuff from the outside world, WTF?

I was hoping for something more like the "Colony", where people made shit to survive, had to fight off strangers and source their own food. That show got cancelled because some cast member/volunteer actually DIED when the group was attacked during the show.

Hopefully, someone will come up with a working group survivalist show. I really enjoy learning about how to survive in difficult conditions, I know probably doing it would be even more of a learning experience but not quite ready for that.

It could have just been the shitty theme song. None of the actual cast are in this trailer.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

From the title I expected that this thread was going to be about a show literally revolving around dog turds, and thought, "well... if shows like Keeping up with the Kardashians exist... why not?"

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

I watched the first few episodes. The lack of anybody with some good solid common sense turned me off. There were a few men on the show that seemed solid. There were a few construction workers/contractors and the preacher was okay.

That fact that none of them can up with a good system of governance was astounding. I cam up with a solid after 5 minutes of watching the show. I was also shocked at how they all bent over to appease some of the more volatile contestants rather than smacking them down so they cut that shit out.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

The minute I started reading your post I thought of "The Colony." That's an incredible show. I'm no dummy, but I was in awe when they built a working engine in season 1.

Who died? I remember they completed casting season 3 but never filmed it. I thought it was just a ratings thing.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

unsurprised. any new reality show has a steep hill to climb due to the saturated market. and how is this any different from survivor..

Just curious, imagine something like this but redpilled? redpill philosophy applied to a new society, it would be impossible in the PC world today, but just imagine how cool it would be.

I haven't seen it. I thought it was great until the trailer showed them getting volunteers to help build up society. I was really let down by that. I too thought it would be like the colony.

I always wanted to do a show like that with a conservative vs liberal group to show how a society would prosper or fail when left undisturbed.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Quote: (11-07-2014 11:17 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

From the title I expected that this thread was going to be about a show literally revolving around dog turds, and thought, "well... if shows like Keeping up with the Kardashians exist... why not?"

I thought the same thing. It's sad that the state of television has deteriorated so far, that a reality show about physical "dog turds" would not even surprise anyone in this day and age. I clicked into this thread without even thinking twice about it.

Quote: (11-16-2014 01:52 AM)Badamson Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2014 11:17 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

I thought the same thing. It's sad that the state of television has deteriorated so far, that a reality show about physical "dog turds" would not even surprise anyone in this day and age. I clicked into this thread without even thinking twice about it.

I have to say I completely agree. I was thinking "a reality show about dog turd, hmm, believable."

This show had a lot of potential.

I would love to see reality TV shows based on rejected social experiments like the Stanford Prison experiment and the like. College rejects your study proposal based on some lame "ethics" board BS, come to the RvF network and see human nature in all its disgusting glory.