rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

10 Reasons I'm No Longer A Leftist
0 Reasons I'm No Longer A Leftist
Roosh posted this up on his Twitter and I enjoyed it enough that I'm reposting it here so generate discussion:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/07/t...ftist.html

7 is what jumped out to me the most in that list. One of the most bizarre things to me when it came to studying modern leftism since it began with Marx was how far away culturally and intellectually the leaders and spearheads of leftism have been from the people that are purportedly trying to offer salvation too. We all know the stereotype of the out of touch academic that has spent his career writing about the working class without ever bothering to even break bread with them but this phenomenon goes back to the very beginning: Marx the son of a lawyer and if I recall correctly Engel's father was actually an industrialist - the very type of person that he would accuse of oppressing the working class for this entire intellectual career.

This kind of reminds me of Gamergate - leftists sitting up in their ivory towers writing about gamer culture while spewing hate towards the people who comprise it.
I think the cognitive dissonance around Islam is the best part. Muslims do pretty much everything liberals are supposed to oppose, yet because of the prime directive they can't say anything about it.
^ Nah, it's because Muslims would push back and the SJW knows it. Christians are easy to manipulate because they're soft. Islam doesn't have such constraints on its followers.
The abundance of cultural studies-esque classes I took at a very left-leaning institution as a college student was what reinforced to me the importance of quantitative rigor, and the importance of genetic/congenital differences as a driver of variation across individuals/populations.

More so even than my quantitative classes in themselves.

As an 18-19 year-old, blank slatism (i.e. liberal creationism)--whether it be for individuals or groups--immediately struck me as nonsense. There is simply no reason to assume that different individuals, or different groups of individuals, are cognitively identical.

It was also obvious that the cultural left was focused on myth-making and just-so explanations in order to proffer excuses for the perceived under-achievements of blacks, latinos, and women--in particular, blaming gentile white males for said perceived underachievement. Likewise, the perceived overachievement of Asians and Jews was also somehow simultaneously the fault of gentiles.

I wasn't aware of Steve Sailer's explicit coinage "Who? Whom?" until much later, but the intuitive "Who? Whom?" heuristic led to easy As on tests and papers in these classes.

When in doubt, coddle blacks, latinos, and women, and castigate gentile white males.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters
No, the left views Muslims as victims of imperialist aggression, racism, and believe that they're fighting the good fight against the West even if it is for the wrong reasons.

This kind of bull has calmed down some now that Obama's president but it's still there lurking under the surface.

Anyway, I enjoyed the article. It's true, there's so much hate and anger on the left. It's incredibly toxic.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18
Quote: (10-28-2014 08:16 PM)Cunnilinguist Wrote:  

^ Nah, it's because Muslims would push back and the SJW knows it. Christians are easy to manipulate because they're soft. Islam doesn't have such constraints on its followers.

I have long suspected this is the case. Threatening jihad when a cartoonist lampoons your prophet is much more effective at gaining respect than quietly protesting Piss Christ.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.
^^The prime directive is that white traditional Christians must die, and Western Civilization along with it. It's not fear of Muslims that quiet dissent against them, it's the fact that they are doing the job ordinary leftists are too cowardly to do.

Reason #11 why I'm no longer a leftist: I realized those pushing it weren't just doing so to be cool and avant-garde, but actually believed that shit. I was always laughing at them (even while agreeing). Little did I know they weren't laughing at themselves.
Double
I know a few leftists who are good shit. They're not impossible to find.
Quote: (10-28-2014 09:05 PM)Hades Wrote:  

I can't disagree. Leftists are fun to hang out with. I wish their enthusiasm could be effectively translated into social policy. But when it happens it destroys everything.
These seem like very petty reasons to leave a political philosophy.

WIA
Quote: (10-28-2014 09:29 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

WIA

Exactly. How weak are your convictions if you're willing to cast them aside just because some people you don't like adopted them?
Quote: (10-28-2014 09:31 PM)Ensam Wrote:  

WIA

Exactly. How weak are your convictions if you're willing to cast them aside just because some people you don't like adopted them?

We're talking about leftism here. It's all about peer pressure. If you don't like your peers, where is the pressure?
Quote: (10-28-2014 09:36 PM)Sawyer Wrote:  

WIA

We're talking about leftism here. It's all about peer pressure. If you don't like your peers, where is the pressure?

That's exactly the problem. Most of the people who are on the left to day are in it because it's the 'correct' thing to do. They're idiots; they say idiotic things; I ignore them. It doesn't keep me from having my own ideas which are similar but more nuanced and not relying on the herd to tell me what to do. Think about it, if you always move away from the herd then you're just as weak as the people who follow it.
Quote: (10-28-2014 09:41 PM)Ensam Wrote:  

WIA

That's exactly the problem. Most of the people who are on the left to day are in it because it's the 'correct' thing to do. They're idiots; they say idiotic things; I ignore them. It doesn't keep me from having my own ideas which are similar but more nuanced and not relying on the herd to tell me what to do. Think about it, if you always move away from the herd then you're just as weak as the people who follow it.

Not if the record of the herd is less than 50%.

-----

Edit: I understand where you're coming from Ensam. My reply was flippant.
Theodore Kaczynski wrote a great piece on leftists. Shame that people discredit his writing because he's in jail for sending letter bombs, without addressing his points.

WIA

"Right-ism" has the same sort of herd mentality.

WIA
Quote: (10-28-2014 09:19 PM)Sawyer Wrote:  

Quote: (10-28-2014 09:05 PM)Hades Wrote:  

I can't disagree. Leftists are fun to hang out with. I wish their enthusiasm could be effectively translated into social policy. But when it happens it destroys everything.

Some of them are also pretty self aware of the shortcomings of their movement, but like most leftists the happy-go-lucky optimistic ones have never been burned at the stake by their own kind.

It's unusual to me that a movement that preaches complete tolerance would have such hardline beliefs that everybody within the movement must espouse at the risk of destruction of career and reputation. They'll gladly eat their own children to prove that they believe what they claim to believe.
Interesting article. I know I was heavily on the left when I was younger (being biracial and raised up by a feminist mother does that to you) and only this yr I stopped paying attention to them. It was really the manosphere and Roosh that helped me open my eyes to how the left operate and after taking the redpill, shit just makes more sense now.
Quote: (10-28-2014 08:16 PM)Cunnilinguist Wrote:  

I think it depends on the location. Europeans are definitely afraid of Muslims because they were stupid enough to import them as cheap labor so they're at risk for muslim rioting. Just look at all the shit in Holland.

Here in the US it's the prime directive with muslims. The siren song of white guilt over us having exploded several hundred thousand of them over the past decade is too much for them to resist.

WIA

There's no "philosophy" there, it's all tribal / in-group posing. Does not rise above the level of "leftists are people who are not like me." It's trite shit.

The piece is not a serious analysis, it's a polemic to rile up people. While it complains about "leftist" "straw-men" it is really just a row of straw men to be knocked down, beginning with its definition of "leftist" itself, which is just "people who are not like me."

Does the piece say anything about real solutions to the problems the USA and the world face?

1. Resource depletion and attendant competition for resources;
2. The wars and potential for (nuclear) war, see #1
3. Problems of unemployment, underemployment, and income distribution resulting from globalization, automation and their social effects.
4. Environmental destruction of all types.
5. Societal alienation, fragmentation and cultural decline

Not to mention nothing about the details of social security funding, bombing Iran, boots back in Iraq, tax rates, and government electronic surveillance.

Roosh has the potential to break through to something unique, he is a leader of a movement. He won't get there by getting co-opted by the neocon right.
Quote: (10-29-2014 01:26 AM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

I think it depends on the location. Europeans are definitely afraid of Muslims because they were stupid enough to import them as cheap labor so they're at risk for muslim rioting. Just look at all the shit in Holland.

The Dutch elected a fiercely anti-Muslim party recently (look up Geert Wilders), and officially ended the Dutch policy of multiculturalism. It's not just talk anymore, it's enacted legislation. UKIP is gaining traction on a similar platform in the UK, along with other parties in France, Greece, and Hungary.

What I'm seeing here in Europe is a massive boom among groups on the right in response to leftist immigration policies. Just this week, there was a demonstration against Salafism in Cologne with about 5,000 people. May seem like a small number, but in years past (pre-ISIS) these groups would typically only get 200-300 at demonstrations, with a sizeable counter-demonstration of leftists trying to block everything they did. Not a single counter-protester to be seen.

Economic and environmental policy will likely remain the same here for another 100 years, but it's on social issues like immigration and religion that the silent majority is waking up to the equalist BS they've been spoonfed.
I've met my fair share of activists, and I've never met a happy one. Although most activists are on the left because activism means campaigning for change and they tend to be younger, conservative or liberal I don't think a happy activist exists. The writer talked about this in relation to the left but it's true of right-wing activists as well, they're in a perpetual state of anger because they're acutely aware of how their aims have not yet been achieved. They're toxic people to be around, the same is also true of people actively involved in party politics. You can't have a genuine desire to help other people if you're running on hate. People in party politics who actually do practical good and give back to the community on a regular basis without drawing attention to it, gradually become disillusioned and drop out. It's unsurprising then that our political leaders today are so uninspiring and care more about lobbyists, opinion polls and focus groups then implementing a long-term vision to better society.
Quote: (10-29-2014 04:06 AM)Blick Mang Wrote:  

Quote: (10-29-2014 01:26 AM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

The Dutch elected a fiercely anti-Muslim party recently (look up Geert Wilders), and officially ended the Dutch policy of multiculturalism. It's not just talk anymore, it's enacted legislation. UKIP is gaining traction on a similar platform in the UK, along with other parties in France, Greece, and Hungary.

What I'm seeing here in Europe is a massive boom among groups on the right in response to leftist immigration policies. Just this week, there was a demonstration against Salafism in Cologne with about 5,000 people. May seem like a small number, but in years past (pre-ISIS) these groups would typically only get 200-300 at demonstrations, with a sizeable counter-demonstration of leftists trying to block everything they did. Not a single counter-protester to be seen.

Economic and environmental policy will likely remain the same here for another 100 years, but it's on social issues like immigration and religion that the silent majority is waking up to the equalist BS they've been spoonfed.

I'm kind of curious how this will all turn out really, I wouldn't be surprised if the left in Europe pulls the Hitler card to start cracking down on right wing protesters. Those laws against free/hate speech enacted as part of de-nazification after WW2 have already been used to attack anti-immigration politicians, like in the case of Wilders.
I consider myself a leftist (a disillusioned and moderate one, though) on many issues and I can't identify with anything the author of this totally worthless piece describes as leftist.

It is a subjective evaluation of the people he encountered in his life. The hypocrisy, inconsistency, dishonesty and stupidity he mentions, strikes as rather human which you can find on all sides of the political spectrum. It's neither an intellectually valuable examination of leftist ideas nor an acknowledgement of the different shades of liberal and social-democratic thinking.

My views became more balanced over the years but after some traveling around the world, I yet have to see the evidence that ethnic nationalism, unregulated capitalism and privatization, the total absence of a welfare state, religious mores being imposed on everyone, militarism and police states can produce societies I would like to live in. This is not to say that the opposites of all these things are better, but it baffles me that the majority on RVF consistently views them as the solutions to all their perceived problems (e.g. high taxes, sausagefests at clubs, fat women).