rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Online Dating Recap

Online Dating Recap

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Online Dating Recap

What do you usually say to get their number on the 2nd message?

Online Dating Recap

do you pay on the first date?

Online Dating Recap

Online Dating Recap

Do u use that grape juice line on every girl? I'm about to send it out to about 30 girls on POF and see what happens

Online Dating Recap

wha website are u using?

Online Dating Recap

Where's that online dating thread from about a month ago? It had some good shit in there

Online Dating Recap

@gmac: Nice little report and examples. +1

My sticking point has always been the time required to reach a saturation level of profiles. Once I've sifted through the religious chicks and fatties, I spend way too much time trying to customize my initial messages to the good ones. Then, naturally, I get frustrated when things fall off during the requisite back-and-forth in the beginning, before establishing enough comfort for a meet-up. I've invested too much time into the chick. What's worse for me, is when I've spent effort into writing a real gem to a hot prospect, only to get nothing back. Then there's the matter of the psychological hang-up of knowing you're competing with 500 other sausages simultaneously mass-mailing all the cuties.

Because of all of this, I've generally re-directed all of my energies and time into analog, old-school approaches--which tend to yield better results for me, at least statistically.

But, your results are encouraging. I might have to re-incorporate the online thing with a bigger focus on the clock and reaching the numbers.

Don't you worry that some chick that knows your LTR will rat you out? I'm shocked at how often I run into friends of chicks when I'm out and about, even in a big-ass city like mine.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Online Dating Recap

Quote: (04-05-2011 12:33 AM)houston Wrote:  

Do u use that grape juice line on every girl? I'm about to send it out to about 30 girls on POF and see what happens

Not every girl, but I usually go through phases when I come across a good one. I've used the illegal border crossings one too with less success. The juice one has been money, just as long as everyone in my city doesn't start using it...

Quote: (04-05-2011 12:51 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

wha website are u using?

OKCupid solely right now.

Quote:Quote:

What's worse for me, is when I've spent effort into writing a real gem to a hot prospect, only to get nothing back. Then there's the matter of the psychological hang-up of knowing you're competing with 500 other sausages simultaneously mass-mailing all the cuties.

You'd be surprised. Most of the guys out there are not doing what I am. They're either sending gay beta messages that scream boring or are way too direct, "Hey baby ur cute" which turns chicks off. You can send out mass attention grabbing messages as long as they don't appear too scripted. Being cocky/funny and interesting is the key, but most guys seem to miss the boat.

I've used a lot of energy trying to appeal to women's profiles... scouring them for information to come up with something just right for that chick -- it's a waste of time. You can cover more bases with this other method.

Quote:Quote:

Don't you worry that some chick that knows your LTR will rat you out? I'm shocked at how often I run into friends of chicks when I'm out and about, even in a big-ass city like mine.

Not really. I only know two of her friends and honestly I got my chick so into me that I could play it off as drinks with a friend. Besides, this city is very big too, and I've never had the problem. It also helps that I'm not on facebook (as far as she's concerned).

Online Dating Recap

Quote: (04-05-2011 12:57 AM)houston Wrote:  

Where's that online dating thread from about a month ago? It had some good shit in there

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-3601.html

Online Dating Recap

I'm not sure whether to ask for the date or her number. She's responded to two emails. I probably shouldn't even be putting this much thought into it...

Online Dating Recap

Some of these online pickup cut n' paste bits also work great in person if you do cocky/funny or feel like goofing off a little bit. Last night I used the "when we have a family we are going to have a pet giraffe" bit and it had the girl almost rolling off her seat.

Online Dating Recap

After a couple back and forth messages, I wrote this: "i love the giants. let's chat on the phone. what's your number?

Apr 5, 2011 – 10:55am
oh, and michael.

Apr 5, 2011 – 11:24am
sometime

she viewed my profile but hasn't responded. How should i follow that up?

Online Dating Recap

Quote: (04-05-2011 01:14 PM)mtwersk22 Wrote:  

After a couple back and forth messages, I wrote this: "i love the giants. let's chat on the phone. what's your number?

oh, and michael.

sometime

?

Online Dating Recap

you inspired me to create an okcupid profile. I think mine is pretty good.

this site is great, not only can you just make a profile and let women come to you(what im going to do) But it also doubles as a humor website.
[Image: 10147043438069257956.jpeg]
[Image: 982981411780655779.JPG]
[Image: 10625116527510142270.jpeg]
[Image: 16101712843268402337.jpeg] (looks like she photoshopped her jaw.
[Image: 12557440356129787821.jpeg] the godessAthena!

okcupid is winning

Online Dating Recap

LOL, I see your using the lines I linked you. I hooked up with a 18 year old on the weekend from POF using the grape juice one followed by the pancake one.

My new money line is "If there was a nuclear apocalypse where only Jessica Alba and I survived and we were tasked with repopulating the world I would kill myself rather than force myself to fornicate with her because I know that our offspring would look like leprosy stricken monstrosities compared to the potential ones that could be made by a heavenly blessed beauty like yourself"

Online Dating Recap

Quote: (04-05-2011 01:14 PM)mtwersk22 Wrote:  

oh, and michael.

sometime

Online dating is a lot like text game, you don't follow a message up with another unless you are restarting (1-2+ weeks later).

I obviously didn't read the rest of your conversation but your first sentence probably DLV. The best you could come up with was "i love the giants?" I wouldn't want to talk to you after that, boring.

Online Dating Recap

Quote: (04-05-2011 01:31 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

this site is great, not only can you just make a profile and let women come to you(what im going to do) But it also doubles as a humor website.

This looks a lot like what I've had to deal with in the past, particularly when I'm not the one going out and soliciting. It can get pretty outrageous.

In the bad old-days, when you had to resort to craigslist to diversify your approach portfolio (without paying, that is), I had a fatty straight-up demand more pictures from me (with fattitude), even though my only pic showed how fit and good-looking I was--especially in comparison to her several pics, which only served to prove how revolting she was. (She looked remarkably similar to that first pic, piercings and all.)

Another time, I had a "belly dancer" do the same thing. It turned out the only reason she could call herself a "belly dancer" was because she had a pooch that hung down over her elastic waist-band. A "dancer with belly" might have been more accurate.

[Image: fatbanana.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Online Dating Recap

Quote: (04-05-2011 02:57 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I had a fatty straight-up demand more pictures from me (with fattitude)

Hah! Fattitude...I'm adding that word to my vocabulary.[Image: bigsmile.gif]

Online Dating Recap

agreed. fattitude is gold.

Online Dating Recap

Quote: (04-05-2011 03:39 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

agreed. fattitude is gold.

LMFAO! It is.

The holidays and new years are a great time to be on those sites. Looking forward to intern season this summer in DC. [Image: Strip.gif] Hehe

Online Dating Recap

Quote: (04-05-2011 02:57 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Another time, I had a "belly dancer" do the same thing.

"Belly dancer" in America means "I have belly (fat) and I think I can dance (you're not)".

Online Dating Recap

Lmao fattitude.

GMac can you put down all the openers you use?

Online Dating Recap

Well i just received my first message. Unfortunately it was from this girl

[Image: 2089091104641568672.jpeg]

shes got some nerve!

Online Dating Recap

Just smashed date #1, heading across town to sleep then get up for work at 5am... Unexpected...