rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

exercise with a broken foot

I have a possible broken foot from a dropped plate. I won't be able to really put much weight on my foot for 2 or more weeks depending on the type fracture or injury it turns out to be. The xrays are inconclusive.

My question is beside upper body workouts like push press, bench press (where I ironically damage my foot), rows, what else can I do? I can still do air squats, but not ass to grass and not many. Also what can I do for cardio?

Swim, leg extension with the good side, side steps with elastic bands on ankles, yoga, abs, neck workout, stationary cycling. Whatever oddball shit for the small support muscles no one ever pays attention to.

Good luck, foot injuries suck.

Abs - hit them hard: rollouts from knees, hanging leg raises, hollow body position, Russian twists

Possibly hip thrusts

Cardio: rowing, rope work (if your gym has it), KB swings if you can stand up, since you can do air squats.

I would just use machines, seated military press, bench press, hyperextensions, chinups. No need whatsoever to aggravate a possibly broken bone until you get confirmation from a doctor.

So use a machine bench press (incline I believe I usually do the traditional flat one). The plus side is I won't have the load the weights, and I'm at an even higher risk of dropping them on my foot, since I don't move so smoothly. Do you use the same amount of weight including the bar, or similar to it?