rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Study: women are more controlling and aggressive in their relationships than men

Study: women are more controlling and aggressive in their relationships than men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...s-men.html

I couldn't see this study referred to on a search of the forum, but if it's a dupe, please redirect me, folks...

Quote:Quote:

Psychologists at the University of Cumbria questioned 1,104 young men and women using a scale of behaviour which ranged from shouting and insulting to pushing, beating and using weapons.
They discovered that women were ‘significantly’ more likely to be verbally and physically aggressive to men than vice versa.

They concluded that violence was linked to controlling behaviour such as checking up on partners and persuading them not to see certain friends.

Study leader Dr Elizabeth Bates said: ‘The stereotypical popular view is still one of dominant control by men. That does occur but research over the last ten to 15 years has highlighted the fact that women are controlling and aggressive in relationships too.’

She said scientists may have to think again about the reasons for male violence against women, which previous studies said arose from ‘patriarchal values’ in which men are motivated to seek to control women’s behaviour, using violence if necessary.

Although, note the laughable justification for feminism given later in the piece ...

She said other research also looked at men in prisons and women in refuges, rather than typical members of the public.
The study team were surprised at the level of violence shown by some women, revealed in answers to an anonymous questionnaire.
Dr Bates, who presented her findings at the annual meeting of the forensic division of the British Psychological Society, in Glasgow, said: ‘It wasn’t just pushing and shoving. Some people were circling the boxes for things like beating up, kicking, and threatening to use a weapon.’
She added men may be starting to report the issue more often. ‘A contributing factor could be that in the past women have talked about it more,’ she said. ‘The feminist movement made violence towards women something we talk about.
‘Now there is more support for men and more of them are feeling comfortable coming forward
.’

Couple of thoughts here:

(1) Admittedly these results might well come as old news to anyone who's familiar with Erin Pizzey's foundational work in this area, but this data is significant since they're looking at
(a) young men and women, i.e. presumably millennials or young Gen Ys, and
(b) not pre-selected refuge cases which are likely dysfunctional to begin with. This is probably a stronger survey result for the general population.

(2) I'm more inclined to think the pushback against feminism has been responsible for higher reporting rates among men. The author speculating feminism caused higher reporting rates among men is sort of like thanking some asshole who lies to you about buried treasure in your back yard and leaves you fruitlessly digging up the yard for three days on the rationale that "Hey, you got fitter!"

(3) And isn't it interesting how the good doctor's speculation doesn't include a hypothesis that women have simply become more violent against men due to feminism's influence?

Nevertheless: if you aren't using this in your amygdala hijacking efforts against the narcissistic women you're running into out there, I reckon you should be.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

The bigger the ego of a woman, the more fragile it is.

A woman will treat her ego as a balloon. Just inflate it with everything you can, don't care about the content (beta compliments) much, but the alpha's behavior (negs, ignoring, other women, not putting up with her bullshit) is a needle that delivers critical hits and either make her submissive or running to white knights, both being her losing control of situation. That's why they are more abusive in relationships, they feel that they lose control because they have less and less to offer.

A man will treat his ego as a wall. Every content of it (experience) is a solid brick that has it's place and importance in the structure. The needle (shit test) can't do much damage.

That's why every member of this forum tells us to approach, approach and approach, it builds your experience and your wall's resistance.0

If more men showed some backbone this would be the case. Just don't tolerate a woman's shit the moment she starts being excessively controlling or physically aggressive. She can't do that? Then walk away.

Not in my relationships they aren't. She pulls that shit with me and gets strong resistance. If you put a woman in her place she's even more turned on.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.