rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook Privacy

Facebook Privacy

Ok I need some help here for my upcoming trip. Already had to delete two posts today! Fml

I have to do something about these girls in Colombia posting on my wall and alerting all the other ones of my interactions and doings.

I need to make it to where my friends can only see MY and THEIR posts on my wall.

Is this possible?

Facebook Privacy

Play around with these settings over here.

http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=pr...ab8b26ade4

Facebook Privacy

After asking around and tinkering with it I to the concluding my preferences cant be meet.

For some reason the "Can see wall post by friends" in reality is "Who can post on your wall"

So that fucks everything up.

There is already an option for posting on wall "Friends can post on Wall"

So adjusting the first setting i mentioned to ONLY ME should work, but it doesnt!

Fuck. I am gonna have to disable my wall which I did not want to do.

Facebook Privacy

I'm pretty sure you can put them in a limited profile group so they can only see posts by themselves. Are you sure you changed the right setting properly? You can test any profile by clicking "Preview my profile" and typing their name to see how they'd view your page.

The setting is under "Privacy Settings" where it says "Can See Wall Posts by Friends."

Select "Customize" and click "Friends Only" where it says "Make this visible to."

Type the name of whoever you don't want seeing these posts or the group "Limited Profile" to hide your wall from them. The group part might be an unnecessary step, you may just need to type their name.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Facebook Privacy

@Dash Global: you might be a good candidate for not being on FB at all. If you got lots of plates spinning, something's bound to go haywire sooner or later that's ruin some good shit. Unless you're doing everything above-board (and who among us is?), you can't trust the ever-changing settings on FB and the security loopholes that people are always discovering by accident. All it takes is somebody to stupidly "tag" you in a picture for the house of cards to come crashing down.

I have way too many narratives going at any given time to have a thing like an FB profile advertising my comings and goings. Even if I create a false reality to improve my "persona," that doesn't always match what I need from girl to girl.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Facebook Privacy

For me, FB is for friends only. All of the girls I'm dating currently have asked whether I have it, and I've told all of them "no." Also, change your name on FB and your email to a secondary email so that people can't search and find you. Only you can find them.

Just look at this idiot who let FB turn him into a laughing stock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ds-newsxml

Guys getting caught on FB happens EVERY DAY I'm positive.

Facebook Privacy

Quote: (03-28-2011 06:00 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

@Dash Global: you might be a good candidate for not being on FB at all. If you got lots of plates spinning, something's bound to go haywire sooner or later that's ruin some good shit. Unless you're doing everything above-board (and who among us is?), you can't trust the ever-changing settings on FB and the security loopholes that people are always discovering by accident. All it takes is somebody to stupidly "tag" you in a picture for the house of cards to come crashing down.

I have way too many narratives going at any given time to have a thing like an FB profile advertising my comings and goings. Even if I create a false reality to improve my "persona," that doesn't always match what I need from girl to girl.

Agreed. I deleted 400 "friends", made myself unsearchable, privated 99% of my pictures, and tell women I don't use FB. It actually increases the amount of mystery. Some women believe you, most think you're hiding something and make it their goal to find out why. I dismissed the last 6 arguments about it with my LTR chick and she's given up. I can see why that might be harder outside the US though if you don't have a phone.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Facebook Privacy

Quote: (03-28-2011 06:14 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

For me, FB is for friends only.

Same. Unless you've got an alternate FB just for banging (someone on here did) then you're best to keep those two worlds separate. I've got a ton of family on there as well, I don't need them reading up on how much of a slut I am.

Facebook Privacy

I have a few hoes on there but its mainly family and some friends. Its possible to have everything on your page/profile private unless they're your friend right? I set mine up like that but never bothered to double check to see if it works.

Facebook Privacy

Well the only way to really tell about someone is to check out their facebook prior to meeting them in person. You can tell a real normal person profile from a fake one anyday.

Just added this one girl and she has zero friends that i can see. like 3 pics, no wall. yea NOT REAL

oh and no one can see any pictures tagged of me from my page. got that shit on private. along with my wall now.

Facebook Privacy

I don't know if its already been mentioned, but there's something called lists which you can create and add people to those limits, you also specify the amount and which information the list has access to. I've never really used or played around with them, but the other night a friend of mine was helping a girl with something similar.

Facebook Privacy

yes u can put them to a list for "can see wall posts" which wont allow them to post.

i need to allow them to post but only allow them to see mine and their posts.

Facebook Privacy

I found it best to have more than one facebook page.I have one that I use for my close friends,one for my family,and another one for screwing around..just make another one and invite who you want there..hope that helped

Facebook Privacy

Quote: (04-01-2011 09:04 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I found it best to have more than one facebook page.

Wait until Google fully implements its face recognition technology.
Then all your facebook (and other) pages will be on a fingertip.

Facebook Privacy

That sounds a bit scary...

Facebook Privacy

Quote: (04-01-2011 06:48 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

That sounds a bit scary...

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/motion.html