rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is this a strong representation of modern flakiness, or is it excusable?

Happened to a guy I know:

- Attends a 101 humanities college lecture
- A minute before the start of the lecture sits beside a cute girl
- Starts talking about the last lecture
- Exchanges names
- Exchanges majors (Her: I'm in first-year sociology; Him: I'm a masters student taking this out of interest on a pass/fail basis)
- Lecture starts and ends
- Him: Hey it was nice talking to you. I'm trying to meet new people and make new friends here. Let's exchange numbers.
- Gets her number and leaves.
- That evening texts, "Hey (girl) it was nice meeting you. See you next class. - (guy)"
- No response

Lol. Is this something to shake your head over or not?

That's pretty mild flaking as far as I'm concerned. Other members probably have far worse stories, but I've experienced girls vanishing after saying how much they enjoyed talking to me and sending me a message first, as well as after declaring their undying love for me.

This is only the tip of the [Image: womanhamster.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Remember this is exchanging numbers... as a friend... with a classmate. Lol. Not a cold approach, no man-woman dynamic, forget about that. The guy's also complained that even a dude or two he's met on campus in the first week haven't replied back to texts saying What's Up.

In order for her to flake, you need to have plans first. This is a rejection.

The fact that you are going to a college class "for fun" should raise red flags in her mind. Also, you made a generic comment about the lecture, exchanged names, and then immediately went for the number under the guise of "I'm trying to make new friends?" She only gave you her number (if it's real) because you put her on the spot and she knows she'll have to see you in the next class. Just because you asked her for her number doesn't mean she is required to be into you.

Unless you're at the lecture because you REALLY REALLY want to be there for genuine fun (I don't think you are), don't waste your time doing this stuff.

Read Day Bang.

Quote: (09-16-2014 08:49 AM)americanbk Wrote:  

The fact that you are going to a college class "for fun" should raise red flags in her mind. Also, you made a generic comment about the lecture, exchanged names, and then immediately went for the number under the guise of "I'm trying to make new friends?" She only gave you her number (if it's real) because you put her on the spot and she knows she'll have to see you in the next class. Just because you asked her for her number doesn't mean she is required to be into you.

Unless you're at the lecture because you REALLY REALLY want to be there for genuine fun (I don't think you are), don't waste your time doing this stuff.

Read Day Bang.

Well I said it's not me and it's a true story what he's doing. I do cold approaches with him on campus when we have the time.

Quote: (09-16-2014 08:49 AM)americanbk Wrote:  

This.

It's also among the most polite methods of distancing / rejection you could get. What she did was just fine.

A girl who doesn't want to see you is NOT a girl who is "flaking" on you.

"Flaking" is when you make plans and she agrees to those plans but then fails to show up at the agreed meeting place without notifying you.

A girl who gives you her number but than does not respond to your text/call is not "flaking". She is simply not interested in talking you at that point.

I consider "flaking" to be one of the male hamsters:

[Image: malehamster.gif]

Most of the time, its just a "soft rejection".

Guys don't want to admit that so they use the word "flake" as if to suggest that it's all the girls fault. Maybe, she just doesn't like you, maybe she has a boyfriend, maybe she only gave you her number because she didn't want to reject you in person, etc.

Just move on to the next girl!

how do you know she gave him her real number?