rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

White-Knight Nerds Invent Nail Polish That Detects "Date Rape" Drugs

Talk about feeding the rape hysteria and continuing to absolve women of responsibility for their own safety. Fifty bucks says these guys (and, yes, they're all dudes) don't get laid (consensually).

(Link)

Quote:Quote:

How Nail Polish May Fend Off Sexual Assault
Aug 25, 2014, 1:36 PM ET
By LIZ NEPORENT

Pretty nails may be the newest way to foil date rape.

Undercover Colors, a nail polish that changes color when it’s exposed to date rape drugs, has won this year’s Lulu eGames, a North Carolina State University competition for student projects aimed at solving real-world problems.

"Our goal is to invent technologies that empower women to protect themselves from this heinous and quietly pervasive crime," the team behind Undercover Colors -- a group of four male chemistry students -- explained on their Facebook page.

When a woman uses her manicured finger to stir a drink laced with a common drug like rohypnol or Xanax, sometimes described as "date rape" drugs, the polish will alert her that her drink has been spiked.

The team said they were inspired to invent the product because an estimated 18 percent of American women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime, according to National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey, a study commission by the Department of Justice and the Department of Defense.

"They are our daughters, they are our girlfriends, and they are our friends," they wrote on their Facebook page.

The polish is still in the early stages of development, according to Stephen Gray, one of the company founders. And it isn’t the first product idea aimed at putting the power to thwart date rape at a woman's fingertips.

In 2011, Israeli scientists developed a straw that analyses a small sample of a drink and lights up when it detects the presence of a date rape drug. And last year, the company DrinkSavvy invented a glass that changes appearance when a drink is spiked with a potentially harmful substance.

Dr. Nathaniel Finney, the university’s expert on indicator development -- the type of technology used in the polish -- is advising the company, according to the Undercover Color Facebook page.

The Undercover Color team is currently accepting donations to fund research and development.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Males are always solving problems. But some "problems" (especially women's problem) should be not solved.

Deus vult!

So these birds are dipping their dirty ass fingers in their drinks all night?

"Want a sip?"

"Uh...no thanks."

I hope they wash their hands after using the shitter.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

They solved a problem that's not a problem. Perhaps a better use of their time would have been actually getting laid instead of stoking paranoia.

Dated, unfounded paranoia.

Because according to even uber-leftist, feminist writer Amanda Hess, "The Date Rape Drug Is An Urban Myth. Let’s Put It to Rest." This was Hess' headline for a Washington City Paper article in 2009:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs...t-to-rest/

Typical misogynistic men. So, women have to objectify themselves with oppressive oils on their fingers in order to protect herself from men trying to rape her? How about telling men not to spike women's drinks?

Women should be able to do whatever they want, whenever they want with whomever they want and never, ever have to worry at all about anything bad happening to her. Equality won't be achieved until the concept of worrying about anything is only something men have to do. You know, the burden of male privilege and all that.

[Image: laugh3.gif]

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

What percent of girls even get roofied or date raped?

I know this is always a media story but I can't imagine the actual probability to be much higher than getting struck by lightning.

I actually think this is a good idea, until the roofies evolve. But next time a girl gets roofied and she didn't have her nails polished. Don't get on her case though because that's victim shaming.

FYI, I never understood the need for roofies, when 3 shots of tequila works so well.

It backfired on the white knights.

Feminists Say Roofie-Detecting Nail Polish Is Actually Also Rape Culture
Apparently, anything that helps women protect themselves is offensive.

A group of college students have invented a nail polish that changes color if it comes into contact with date-rape drugs. Many see it as a useful invention because it might help women protect themselves, but, of course, some say anything that might help women protect themselves is actually offensive to women because that promotes rape culture.

“Women are already expected to work hard to prevent themselves from becoming the victims of sexual assault,” an article in ThinkProgress argues. “Now, remembering to put on anti-rape nail polish and discretely slip a finger into each drink might be added to that ever-growing checklist — something that actually reinforces a pervasive rape culture in our society.”

They tried to solve a problem that doesn't exist, but couldn't satisfy the people who have the imaginary problem.

Read more here.

Quote: (08-26-2014 12:55 AM)gwshark Wrote:  

It backfired on the white knights.

Feminists Say Roofie-Detecting Nail Polish Is Actually Also Rape Culture
Apparently, anything that helps women protect themselves is offensive.

A group of college students have invented a nail polish that changes color if it comes into contact with date-rape drugs. Many see it as a useful invention because it might help women protect themselves, but, of course, some say anything that might help women protect themselves is actually offensive to women because that promotes rape culture.

“Women are already expected to work hard to prevent themselves from becoming the victims of sexual assault,” an article in ThinkProgress argues. “Now, remembering to put on anti-rape nail polish and discretely slip a finger into each drink might be added to that ever-growing checklist — something that actually reinforces a pervasive rape culture in our society.”

They tried to solve a problem that doesn't exist, but couldn't satisfy the people who have the imaginary problem.

Read more here.

[Image: illK6U.gif]

Deus vult!

I read this on Heartiste during lunch at work today. I remember the article said something about having to dip their fingers into the drink to detect the presence of possible roofies?

Who the hell is going to want to stick around a seemingly-normal woman who then shoves her hand directly into what she's been drinking without breaking a smile? That would just smack of "what the fuck" to me.

-Hawk

Software engineer. Part-time Return of Kings contributor, full-time dickhead.

Bug me on Twitter and read my most recent substantial article: Regrets

Last Return of Kings article: An Insider's Guide to the Masculine Profession of Software Development

Trying to invent drugs that white knight for you = lazy/pussy white knighting.

Why not just declare yourself a plant?

So, what would you guys do if a girl you're having a date with suddenly slips her funny colored finger in a drink and after it didn't change color she jokingly proclaims: "teehee, just checking for strange substances"?

I am at also in the camp of approving this invention.

The problem of detecting date rape drugs was solved through chemical engineering by these men and, like they say, for the sake of the girls in my life I care about I'm glad it exists. Maybe it will even make girls start chilling out about how widespread this problem is after going out 100 times in a row without detecting roofies.

That Nagle girl sounds like a complete cunt. Her career achievements are a viral YouTube video, "getting people talking", and getting published in Jezebel and bitch media. http://www.shesource.org/experts/profile/rebecca-nagle

And she has the nerve to complain that these men actually solved a problem with engineering and science. Typical.

I think this is pretty smart. Maybe we should be trying to cash in on the perceived rape culture as well.

I predict a bunch of dads and moms buy this for their daughters. The bangable ones on up won't wear it because they WANT to be able to say they were taken advantage of and the non bangable bitches will wear it without nary a date rape drug ever being detected.

Plus one to the chemists who may or may not be white knights be recognized a market teeming with potential.

My personal opinion is that date rape drugs are rarely if ever the cause of women blacking out and not remembering what happened on a night out.

Stupid product solving a problem that doesn't exist.

What if she dips her finger in her Xanax, cocaine, or bi-polar medication infested pussy? Will it change colors then?

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-26-2014 05:57 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

I think this is pretty smart. Maybe we should be trying to cash in on the perceived rape culture as well.

I predict a bunch of dads and moms buy this for their daughters. The bangable ones on up won't wear it because they WANT to be able to say they were taken advantage of and the non bangable bitches will wear it without nary a date rape drug ever being detected.

Plus one to the chemists who may or may not be white knights be recognized a market teeming with potential.

Gah! Stole my thunder, Fisto.

These nerds are going to make a bunch of money and it's not going to change a darn thing out there in the clubs.

There are countless different kinds of drugs that have strong sedative/dissociative effects. You're telling me this nail polish is going to be able to detect all of them? pff

If anything, chicks will start spiking their own drinks for attention whoring/revenge purposes.

"Our goal is to invent technologies that empower women to protect themselves from this heinous and quietly pervasive crime,"

Part of me wants to believe they're just being really really really sarcastic and this is just a way for them to bang out feminists.

Like I picture four RVF'ers coming up with this and choking out this comment only to crack up laughing after the interview is done, high-fiving and saying how many stupid feminists they're going to destroy by using this for mini-celeb status.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

They should wear some of their own nail polish on themselves and do some 'peacocking' and then maybe a girl will touch their wieners.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

I was thinking the same thing - great idea to cash in on the hysteria - until I saw they were asking for donations to support the product. That's never a very good sign.

Quote: (08-26-2014 07:47 AM)Jack198 Wrote:  

I was thinking the same thing - great idea to cash in on the hysteria - until I saw they were asking for donations to support the product. That's never a very good sign.

Start a non-profit corporation with tax-free status, ask for donations, collect and pay yourself a $500,000 a year salary as executive director. Very common in the USA.

They call themselves the Undercover Colors . Does that code as "gay" to anyone else? If not, these guys are definitely getting laid!

Take a look at this article at Feministing to see how grateful women are.

"Actually, date rape drugs, like Rohypnol, Xanax, and GHB, are not used to facilitate sexual assault all that often. While exact estimates vary, it’s safe to say that plain old alcohol is the substance most commonly used in drug-facilitated rape. Are you at all worried that by overstating the prevalence of date rape drugs, your product might give its users, who are no less likely to become victims of other kinds of sexual assault, a false sense of security?

Is your product free? Will if be universally available in bars and on college campuses? What if I’m interested in ensuring not only my safety but also the safety of all the other women who have not heard about — or cannot afford to buy — your nail polish? Do you recommend that I just purchase a bulk order and set up a nail-painting table outside my local bar? Can you provide some advice for how to discreetly ask strangers if they’d like me to stir their drinks as well? If your product becomes popular, won’t drink-spikers just learn to target the drinks of nail polish-free women? Will you have a clear polish to avoid this problem? Are you at all concerned that women who weren’t wearing your polish when they were drugged and raped will be blamed for not doing everything in their power to “ensure [their] safety”?"

On the one hand she's admitting that drugs to facilitate date rape are rarely if ever used, and on the other she's asking these guys what more they can do to prevent it from occuring.

[Image: 10557368_1482059115370056_27750709547374...20x295.jpg]

Yep, these guys are definitely gonna get laid because of this.

I would make swizzle-stick testers and offer them to bars.

Then, what would be good for them is if some woman sued a bar after being drug-raped, saying the bar had a duty to provide these swizzle-stick testers to protect her from the guy she went to the bar with.

The question I have is: why are you dating a guy you're suspicious enough about to test the drinks he buys you? Brings the paradox of bad-boy attraction right out.

It's not even the most practical idea. The straw and the glass idea make way more sense.

But seriously, these guys have the potential to make a lot of money off of a virtually non-existent problem. Only feminists and the dumb broads they educate would actually buy this product, but unfortunately they are a significant bulk of the population. You can make a ton of money off the fear of others. I know a girl who actually pays a cab driver extra money, in her words, for "not raping her." I couldn't believe it.

I personally don't see what's so hard about it. Just watch your drink. If you've abandoned your drink for more than a short time, just grab another one. The need for this nail polish is non-existent.

[Image: wtf.jpg]

Similar concept as dunking someone in water to see if they're a witch.

Take care of those titties for me.