rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santiago, Chile Data Sheet

Longtime reader of Roosh's blog/this forum here. I just got around to making an account so I figured I'd try and start out strong by giving out some info on Santiago, Chile, a city I've lived and gamed in fairly extensively (about 6 months total).

Santiago is the capital of South America's richest and fastest-growing economy. It has a growing number of upper- and middle-class neighborhoods and a large business sector (there are banks everywhere in any of the business districts). There is also a lot of inequality, and the city's division into distinct barrios means that you may be in a safe area of town one minute and a sketchy one the next, although in general the city gets richer and safer as you go from south to north (toward Providencia/Bellavista) and from west to east (toward Vitacura/Las Condes).

Lodging

I had a really good experience staying in a Hostel Bellavista in Barrio Bellavista. It was the cheapest one on Hostelworld.com but it had hot water, comfortable sleeping arrangements, consistent wireless internet, a large movie collection, lots of cute Brazilian girls coming through, and chill, laid-back staff who would organize parties before heading out to clubs in the area. If you're looking to pull at night I'd highly recommend staying in either the Bellavista area or in Las Condes/Vitacura for logistical regions, depending on where you plan on going out. I'd imagine staying in Las Condes or Vitacura would be more expensive since these are the most upscale areas of the city.

Food

Chileans might be the only people on Earth who eat less healthfully than Americans. Don't be surprised if your first meal after getting out of the airport is a completo, or hot dog with roughly a gallon of condiments on it. Also popular are choripan (chorizo with the aforementioned condiments), churrasco (beef sandwich w/ condiments), barros luco (beef and cheese), as queso (steak and cheese sub), and empanadas (turnovers which can be baked or fried, and are usually filled with either cheese or pino, a combination of beef, onion, eggs, and maybe some other shit). Food is cheap either off the streets or at a supermarket--a completo might cost you a little more than a dollar from a street vendor, and at the hostel we made a pasta dinner for four with veggies and egg sauce for $3-4. If you don't want mayo or avocado (which is palta, not aguacate, by the way) on anything, you'd better say so because odds are that in Chile, if it's edible, it comes with both of those on it.

For restaurants, I can't really recommend any fine-dining locations since we mostly stuck to cheaper options, but Providencia street on the whole stretch between Plaza Italia and Los Leones has a variety of options ranging from greasy Chilean cuisine to Italian and Mediterranean. One place I'll mention in particular is Valle de Oro, which serves really good sandwiches and is at the corner of Providencia closest to the Universidad Católica metro stop. If you're into microbrews/artisanal beer, there's a bar called HBH at the corner of Irarrazaval and Macúl that brews kick-ass blond, amber, and dark ales. They also serve pretty good pizza and will sometimes bring you popcorn if they see you in a group ordering a decent amount of beer.

Girls

I'm going to concentrate on picking up in clubs here. Unfortunately, as Roosh has written, the trend here is for bars to be sit-down with no opportunity for mingling. However, this isn't Argentina and if you have game you can pull from clubs. The advice that dude in Valpo gave Roosh in A Dead Bat in Paraguay is right, start in English to come off as cocky and let them know you're a gringo right away, then transition to Spanish in a few minutes depending on the girl's English level. Clubs typically have people in them from Tuesday-Saturday and the best time to go out is from midnight-4AM.

The typical Chilean girl is on the homely side in the face and maybe slightly overweight, but nowhere near at the level of the US (I'm chalking this one up to Chileans' terrible eating habits and relatively high standard of living for Latin America). However, there is considerable variation in the quality of girl you will encounter depending on what part of town you go out in. The upper-class girls (cuicas) tend to be fairer-skinned and much cuter; for the highest concentration of hotties go to clubs in Las Condes or Vitacura. The downside of going out here is that the clubs are MUCH more expensive than anywhere else, and cuicas are very difficult to game--your gringo status will do little to nothing for you especially if you're only there for a short time, and you'd better have fluent or near-fluent Spanish, and preferably a familiarity with the Chilean dialect/slang. One club in Vitacura that I liked is Las Urracas. It has a reputation for having cougars but there are plenty of young girls here; the first approach I ever did in this club resulted in a bang.

Bellavista is a great option for nightlife. It has the highest concentration of bars and clubs anywhere in the city and above-average girls. The girls here also tend to like gringos since there are a fair amount of them going out in this area. Bar Constitución is a consistently good spot with an indoor bar area, outside patio, and 2 big rooms for dancing, one featuring reggaeton/Latin music and the other house, usually. Other good clubs in Bellavista are Punta Brown (good number of decent-looking girls, BIG dance floor with upstairs and a stage where they had performers who were basically strippers), Jammin' (Jamaican club, easy to get weed), and Galpón 9 (lots of girls). If you want to keep partying after the clubs close at 4 or so, look for people on the street who can tell you about "afters," or ask people who work in your hostel.

Another area worth mentioning is Suecia, located north of Providencia street where it crosses Los Leones. This place is trashier than Bellavista and the girls aren't as good but if you don't speak good Spanish you might have an easier time pulling here with dancing and asshole/caveman-type game. Try Boomerang or the club that looks like a castle (I don't remember what it's called). There are prostitutes hanging out in this area as well. Also of note is Barrio Brasil, another nightlife hotspot that I didn't go out in very often. It's similar to Bellavista but a little less gringo-ey; don't walk through the sketchy, unlit park at night.

Your level of Spanish is HUGE in determining your success with Chilean girls, probably even more so than elsewhere in Latin America due to the difficulty and idiosyncrasies of Chilean Spanish. Most Chilean girls do not speak conversational English, and even if your Spanish is pretty good you're going to have a hard time understanding the nasty-ass Chilean accent and its plethora of unique vocabulary words. IF, however, you stick around for a few months and pick up some of the local dialect, it will pay big dividends. If you can walk into a Chilean club and fluently spit a couple of chilenismos at some girls, you will immediately have them laughing and asking questions about you. Many is the drunk gringo who tries to slobber all over a girl in Bellavista and doesn't understand a word she says, but rare is the gringo who can playfully tease her by calling her a cuica (upper-class snob) and making fun of how everybody plays that reggaeton shit out loud through their phones on the bus.

Dancing also plays big in Chile, as does going for a fast kiss (under 30 minutes ideally, an hour tops). Even if you are a shitty dancer or don't know how to dance to their music, put in a token attempt and the girl will appreciate it. It's a fantastic way to escalate and is much closer to being mandatory than it is in the US.

If you want to try and bang study abroad students I would look up a group called Miercoles Po'. They organize club nights for hundreds of foreign students on Wednesday nights during the school year, usually somewhere in Bellavista, and charge Chileans exorbitant amounts to keep the locals out. Look them up on Facebook and show up to one of these if you want to meet study abroad students (who tend to be young, horny, and overwhelmingly female). The ratio is further skewed by the fact that Chilean girls can get in here for free or cheap while Chilean guys are shut out completely due to the cover charges. It's also a good way to guarantee that you'll find a place that's hopping on a Wednesday night.

If you're staying in a hostel and can't get a private room, you will likely have to get creative in order to find a place to bang since most people live at home with their families through college. Sex motels do exist (ask a local in your area); if you're staying near Bellavista there's one located at Marin 014 (say "Marin cero-catorce" to a cab driver) that ran 13,000 pesos (about $26) for a night and more on weekends.

Daygame

The only time I did any daygame in Chile was when I was first there as a study-abroad student and just getting into the game. All I ever did was walk around campus at lunchtime and strike up conversations with the students, saying I'm new here, looking to meet new people, what does <something in Spanish> mean, do you know how to get to _____, etc. They were always open to talking to me but that could just be because I was a student. Still, if you're young and wanted to fake it you could probably just walk onto the campus of the Universidad de Chile or Universidad Católica without having to show ID (I used both of their gyms without ever being asked for my expired student ID when I went back).

There are also massive shopping malls located at Parque Arauco (in Las Condes) and Mirador (green line of the metro, a stop or 2 after San Joaquin) that had a fair amount of cute girls in them but I haven't done any approaches in one of these so I can't comment on the viability of gaming there. Another possible location is one of the many public parks, which are vast and attract large numbers of young people (although usually in large-ish groups).

Touristy Shit

One site to see during the day is Cerro San Cristóbal, a large hill accessed by walking north on Pio Nono in Bellavista that has a big Virgin Mary statue at the top and will give you a good view of the city by taking you above the smog layer. You can walk up (30-45 minutes) or take the funicular which costs around 900 pesos ($2). There's a smaller hill called Cerro Santa Lucia further up Providencia Street that has some cool architecture built into it and may be worth doing. You can also go to Palacio La Moneda, which is the seat of government for Chile and has a cool courtyard with some statues around back, as well as a historical museum in the basement (some of it free, some requiring a fee). One of Pablo Neruda's houses, La Chascona, is also located in Bellavista near the base of Cerro San Cristóbal. I went to all three of his houses in Chile and I thought this one was the coolest so check it out if you're into architecture or Neruda's life.

OK I just realized how fucking long this is, I'm gonna stop writing. If anybody wants more details on anything give me a holler.

2 years ago to the day I was packing my bags getting ready for my flight to Santiago. I wish I had this data sheet with me then.

Also, if you're not gonna be there for long or you want a jump-start on learning Chilean Spanish, I highly recommend How to Survive in the Chilean Jungle. It's comprehensive, accurate, and has the most important terms starred as well as topic-specific insets about things like alcohol, parts of the body, food, futbol, etc.

Awesome post! Wish I had this a couple months ago. You've got me considering heading back over from here in Mendoza to give it another go...

Quote: (03-11-2011 06:42 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

The advice that dude in Valpo gave Roosh in A Dead Bat in Paraguay is right, start in English to come off as cocky and let them know you're a gringo right away, then transition to Spanish in a few minutes depending on the girl's English level.

+1. There was a huge gulf in the reaction I received from opening in English versus shitty Spanish. If the girl can barely understand anything just keep talking in English for about 2min, maintaining strong body language and eye contact and definitely not apologizing for your lack of Spanish, and then ask her to dance. I wasn't once turned down.

Bellavista is a great option for nightlife. ... Other good clubs in Bellavista are Punta Brown (good number of decent-looking girls, BIG dance floor with upstairs and a stage where they had performers who were basically strippers), Jammin' (Jamaican club, easy to get weed), and Galpón 9 (lots of girls).

I'll add Urban Club in Bellavista. Good ratios when I was there (3 girls/2 guys) with quite a few female 2- and 3-sets looking to be opened, somewhat of a rarity in South America. The music, though, is as generic as the club name.

Dancing also plays big in Chile, as does going for a fast kiss (under 30 minutes ideally, an hour tops). Even if you are a shitty dancer or don't know how to dance to their music, put in a token attempt and the girl will appreciate it. It's a fantastic way to escalate and is much closer to being mandatory than it is in the US.

I found the fast kiss initially a big stumbling block to moving things forward. From my experience, after dancing a bit girls wanted to kiss in 5-10min max. So you make-out a bit on the dance floor with some mild groping and the sexual tension is totally killed. I did whatever I could to delay it as long as possible to the point where she's very confused as to why you won't kiss her. Make her work for it and realize that you're not just some horny gringo (even though you are) good only for a little ego validation at the bar - then go for the kill.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

I really like Chilean culture and I'm attracted to the place, mostly because is, along with Uruguay, the wealthiest and less corrupt country in Latin America.

Is it true that Chilean girls lack ass?

Quote:Quote:

The advice that dude in Valpo gave Roosh in A Dead Bat in Paraguay is right, start in English to come off as cocky and let them know you're a gringo right away, then transition to Spanish in a few minutes depending on the girl's English level.

+1. There was a huge gulf in the reaction I received from opening in English versus shitty Spanish. If the girl can barely understand anything just keep talking in English for about 2min, maintaining strong body language and eye contact and definitely not apologizing for your lack of Spanish, and then ask her to dance. I wasn't once turned down.

Yeah cocky English game + transitioning to dancing in a couple minutes is a great way to go. My bread and butter in Chile is open in English-->transition to Spanish-->dance-->makeout-->get a drink or a glass of water at the bar-->maybe dance again-->leave club/bang. You want to be the rare gringo who actually understands their culture and isn't just there to hook up with foreigners (even though you are). If the girl speaks literally no English I'll go to Spanish pretty quickly since I'm fluent but you can be sure she's gonna be made fun of for being uncultured and not speaking the universal language (basically you want to be a cocky motherfucker).

Bellavista is a great option for nightlife. ... Other good clubs in Bellavista are Punta Brown (good number of decent-looking girls, BIG dance floor with upstairs and a stage where they had performers who were basically strippers), Jammin' (Jamaican club, easy to get weed), and Galpón 9 (lots of girls).

I'll add Urban Club in Bellavista. Good ratios when I was there (3 girls/2 guys) with quite a few female 2- and 3-sets looking to be opened, somewhat of a rarity in South America. The music, though, is as generic as the club name.

Never been there. I'll be sure to check it out this summer, I'm gonna be in Santiago from mid-July to mid-August. Is it near Pio Nono or is it kind of out of the way?

I found the fast kiss initially a big stumbling block to moving things forward. From my experience, after dancing a bit girls wanted to kiss in 5-10min max. So you make-out a bit on the dance floor with some mild groping and the sexual tension is totally killed. I did whatever I could to delay it as long as possible to the point where she's very confused as to why you won't kiss her. Make her work for it and realize that you're not just some horny gringo (even though you are) good only for a little ego validation at the bar - then go for the kill.

Yeah true, if you don't build on your momentum you can make out and never see the girl again. I would usually bring up my friends who own the hostel and how it would be awesome to go back there before I ever kissed the girl. I see what you're saying about delaying the kiss to build tension but I think the best way to go is to establish a sexual vibe immediately and just try and bridge to wherever you plan on having sex. If I tried to slow-play everything in Chile I would very often end up with my dick in my hand from letting girls who were good to go get away. It is a judgment call but in Chile you're more likely to go wrong by playing it too cautious than by being too aggressive.

Quote: (03-13-2011 03:31 AM)bars Wrote:  

I really like Chilean culture and I'm attracted to the place, mostly because is, along with Uruguay, the wealthiest and less corrupt country in Latin America.

Is it true that Chilean girls lack ass?

Truth be told the average Chilean girl is definitely on the ugly side. If you have fluent Spanish and can spit chilenismos then there are plenty of hotties with substantial T&A to be found in Vitacura and Las Condes. Bellavista girls are also above average although the face is generally the first thing to go (they still have that Latin ass).

As a chilean native, this post caught my attention.

What gringochileno wrote is pretty much spot-on, but I could add a few spots, such as a few bars in Manuel montt (relatively close to Suecia). There are also some good spots in viña and valpo that are gringo-friendly.

It´s kind of funny how my experience matches a lot of what gringochileno wrote, but me being the local guy fluent in english who picks up gringas in Bellavista while following a similar pattern (cocky english opener, tease them on their spanish and their lackluster dancing skills, talk a bit about the US, all while escalating).

Anyway, I´ve been reading the blog for a while and think it would be cool to actually meet foreigners interested in game. So, if anyone ever decides to come down here, feel free to message me on this forum. I can teach you chilean slang and show you around Santiago, La Serena, Valpo and a few small towns if I have time. Also, something that gringochileno didn´t mention is that foreigners, particularly americans, are among scammers´ favorite targets (taxi drivers are the worst of the lot in this respect.)

The catch? Your expenses are your own, obviously, and a few bucks (within reason) for my charitable offer in terms for food and gasoline.

Why am I doing this? Because I´m at that point in my life where making contacts is a great idea. Best case scenario, we each make a new friend to hunt girls and exchange ideas with.

Nice post. I've always wondered about Santiago.

good info

I just got back from chile so I want to add a few things to an already solid chilean data sheet by gringo chileno.

Chile was really quite a departure from what I had come to expect in South America. Its hard to explain it but the typical latin flavor just wasnt there. From the terrible fast food everyone eats, to the culture, music, women and fashion, flavor was definitely lacking. On the positive side, the city of santiago feels incredibly safe, probably safer than any city of comparable size in the U.S. and has a great metro system. Many aspects of the city especially in the upscale areas gave off a distinct north american feel.

Nightlife
Labarra- This club situated in bellavista close to pio nono street is a good bet during the week. It's easy to find and very well known. It was the only place that was jumping on a monday night. Music is conducive to dancing and approaching, reggaeton, top 40, cumbia. I found girls here to be extremely friendly and open. Foreigners will get eye contact from the local girls. Decent quality, few gems. Cover is a few dollars and includes a drink.

Jammin- Nice reggae spot in bella vista, a bit of a cockfest but maybe that was just the night I went, I think it was a tuesday. Nevertheless the girls that were there were solid. This is one of the few spots in santiago where the bouncers check ID, so make sure you have something with you, a photocopy of your passport is fine. I rolled up with out ID and was still let in after some discussion. Lots of ganja in the air here if you partake.

Galpon 9- Large club that plays top 40 and attracts a more upscale crowd in bellavista. This club charges a cover of like 10-15US on weekends, but foreigners get in free. Just show your passport and your good to go. Obviously this club attracts lots of foreigners, I ran into girls from brazil, europe, all the way to el salvador in here. The local girls are of higher quality here as well. Thursday was the best night.

Close to downtown,

Club Tsunami- This is a dominican/caribbean club located in a somewhat shady looking area, but I didnt have any problems, all the taxi drivers know the place. Not sure what the cover is here, I got my solid snake on and snuck past the bouncer. This club has a few different rooms playing, electronic, pop and caribbean music. I went here really late on a friday night so there weren't too many people here.

Salsa Clubs- There is a colombian salsa club near downtown, I can't remember the name. Also one in the bellavista district. I took a peek inside for a few minutes but didn't linger here. Salsa clubs in santiago seem like they primarily attract an older crowd 30+.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (01-22-2012 10:53 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Nightlife
Labarra- This club situated in bellavista close to pio nono street is a good bet during the week. It's easy to find and very well known. It was the only place that was jumping on a monday night. Music is conducive to dancing and approaching, reggaeton, top 40, cumbia. I found girls here to be extremely friendly and open. Foreigners will get eye contact from the local girls. Decent quality, few gems. Cover is a few dollars and includes a drink.

Jammin- Nice reggae spot in bella vista, a bit of a cockfest but maybe that was just the night I went, I think it was a tuesday. Nevertheless the girls that were there were solid. This is one of the few spots in santiago where the bouncers check ID, so make sure you have something with you, a photocopy of your passport is fine. I rolled up with out ID and was still let in after some discussion. Lots of ganja in the air here if you partake.

Galpon 9- Large club that plays top 40 and attracts a more upscale crowd in bellavista. This club charges a cover of like 10-15US on weekends, but foreigners get in free. Just show your passport and your good to go. Obviously this club attracts lots of foreigners, I ran into girls from brazil, europe, all the way to el salvador in here. The local girls are of higher quality here as well. Thursday was the best night.

Close to downtown,

Club Tsunami- This is a dominican/caribbean club located in a somewhat shady looking area, but I didnt have any problems, all the taxi drivers know the place. Not sure what the cover is here, I got my solid snake on and snuck past the bouncer. This club has a few different rooms playing, electronic, pop and caribbean music. I went here really late on a friday night so there weren't too many people here.

Salsa Clubs- There is a colombian salsa club near downtown, I can't remember the name. Also one in the bellavista district. I took a peek inside for a few minutes but didn't linger here. Salsa clubs in santiago seem like they primarily attract an older crowd 30+.

I didn't include La Barra in the sheet because the girls there were consistently ugly and the place is a grimy shithole in general. You're right though, they'll like you if you're a gringo.

Agreed on Galpón 9, it's great. Re: Jammin', it was not just the night you went. It's a pretty consistent sausagefest and I wouldn't go there to hook up even though I like the place's vibe and it's easy to get weed there.

For what it's worth I'll add El Tunel too, which is another club in Bellavista that will let you in free if you're a foreigner. It's one of the only places I've been in Santiago that plays hip-hop, and the girls were very friendly, numerous, and cute. I found it when I went back to Chile last summer and I'd put it right up there with Galpón on my "highly recommended" list for Santiago clubs.

Also, update on the love motels: it was 22,000 pesos on a Friday night. Fucking highway robbery[Image: angry.gif]

I just passed through Santiago a couple weeks ago and wanted to leave my observations/thoughts/experiences.

Hostel Bellavista. I took gringochileno's advice and stayed there. I would definitely recommend it. Staff was fine, nothing special, but the hostel itself and the location are fantastic. There is a big terrace on the roof where you can chill at night and drink beer. They let you bring in the beer yourself so its cheap and there are a good number of travelers moving through so if you're looking for Western girls and even some Brazilians it's a good spot.

I wasn't really looking forward to Santiago to be honest, but overall the city itself surprised me. Very clean, especially the Bellavista neighborhood. I was only there for 4 days, but would have liked to stay a little longer. The people were friendly and the girls were good looking. I think Roosh used the word "homely," lots of cute faces that would be nicer if they weren't eating all those completos. I was with a friend and we only got the chance to go out one night (We went to Jammin). We got lots of eye contact and it was very easy to approach. The logistics for Jammin were good, but that's not really my music scene (remixed reggae? not even sure waht to call it).

If you arrive at the International Airport, it's pretty far outside of the city. You can get a taxi or if you want to save some money take the bus going to "Pajartitos" you can jump on the Metro there and get to Downtown pretty easy.

@Gringochileno, what's your overall opinion on life and living in Santiago since you actually live there long term. I admit I was not impressed upon first site taking the taxi into town from the airport. But it actually grew on me and by the time I left, I really liked it. Could be because I knew locals and they showed me a good time and took me around and what not. Or it might have been been because this was the first major Latin American city I'd ever been to so there was just the novelty of visiting a new continent that got to me. I wouldn't mind at all spending maybe 4 months hanging out between Vina del Mar and Santiago. I like that it has a good metro system, cheap taxis, is safe, it's dense and urban and has the weather and geography of Southern California. People complain about the food, but I went to some pretty good restaurants and was satisfied. I never touched one of these "completos" everyone is always talking about. Anthony Bourdain did a show in Santiago and found some great eats.

Quote: (01-26-2012 11:41 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

@Gringochileno, what's your overall opinion on life and living in Santiago since you actually live there long term. I admit I was not impressed upon first site taking the taxi into town from the airport. But it actually grew on me and by the time I left, I really liked it. Could be because I knew locals and they showed me a good time and took me around and what not. Or it might have been been because this was the first major Latin American city I'd ever been to so there was just the novelty of visiting a new continent that got to me. I wouldn't mind at all spending maybe 4 months hanging out between Vina del Mar and Santiago. I like that it has a good metro system, cheap taxis, is safe, it's dense and urban and has the weather and geography of Southern California. People complain about the food, but I went to some pretty good restaurants and was satisfied. I never touched one of these "completos" everyone is always talking about. Anthony Bourdain did a show in Santiago and found some great eats.

I had a blast living in Santiago. Like you, it took me a little while to get my feet wet and the place definitely grew on me as I stayed there longer, especially since I got there in the dead of winter and the weather improved the whole time I stayed there.

I think you're spot-on about getting to know locals too. I was fortunate enough to meet some really awesome guys very early in my stay that are now some of my best friends, and they were great for helping me get acquainted with the city (which can be hard to do since there are so many distinct areas) and shortening my learning curve with the Chilean Spanish accent. Chilean dudes are some of the funniest motherfuckers you'll ever meet and they're usually excited to meet gringos that have taken an interest in their culture.

Another thing that makes Santiago particularly endearing to me is that I discovered game shortly after I moved down there. I pretty much cut my cold-approach teeth going out 4 nights a week and spitting game at Chilenas and I have fond memories of the experience. It's probably why I find them so easy to swoop nowadays.

The metro and bus systems are a big plus, I agree. Santiago is one of the easiest cities to get around without a car that I've been to. In terms of safety it really doesn't feel like a Latin American city at all--I actually feel safer walking around Santiago at night than I would most US cities. I'm a big skier too so having both that and the beach nearby is also huge for me.

Overall the livability of that place is excellent and I would absolutely go back there to stay for an extended period of time, although I definitely agree that it takes a little bit of adjustment before you're really able to take advantage of everything the city has to offer. Maybe that's why some people tend to have bad experiences when they're just passing through.

(Chilean food is so misunderstood, by the way. Completos are garbage--I'm all about choripan, empanadas, pollo asado, and as queso. The Peruvian restaurants around Plaza de Armas are money too.)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/20...cause.html
Rebels Without Cause
Mar 17, 2008 8:00 PM EDT
Chile's disaffected 'Pokemones' don't care much about politics. They're too busy having sex.

Teens having random public sex without bothering about onlookers.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Quote: (01-30-2012 10:37 PM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

Rebels Without Cause
Chile's disaffected 'Pokemones' don't care much about politics. They're too busy having sex.

lol I think the quotes in that article are badly translated. Poncear means to make out with a bunch of different people. As far as I know it doesn't refer to oral sex. But yeah pokemones are annoying, they're the Chilean version of emo kids.

You're right, "poncear" means to make out; and "poncio" means somebody that makes out a lot. Poncear doesn't refere to blowjobs or anything like that.

Quote: (01-31-2012 12:42 AM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Quote: (01-30-2012 10:37 PM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

Rebels Without Cause

lol I think the quotes in that article are badly translated. Poncear means to make out with a bunch of different people. As far as I know it doesn't refer to oral sex. But yeah pokemones are annoying, they're the Chilean version of emo kids.