rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Austin Texas Data Sheet

So this is my first post, but I've been a fan of this forum for a couple months. So I figured I'd break down a city I know pretty well.

Vibe

Austin is one of the most laid back places stateside, it used to be a college town but lately has grown into a pretty legit city with one of the best music scenes and a thriving economy. It has a pretty eclectic mix of yuppies, hippies, hipsters and college kids. Its essentially the opposite of the stereotypes about Texas. Unlike Houston or Dallas fitness, fitness is a big deal and you rarely see fatties walking around. Its also extremely politically liberal and there's a huge gay scene in town. Mostly though everyone is down with other people doing what the fuck they want, however weird it may be. O ya and its exploding with young hot approachable females [Image: smile.gif]

Places to Stay

I recommend staying on South Congress as it is the best place to day game in the city

Budget: http://www.austinmotel.com/ This is place is typically Austin weird and is prime location for day-game, food, or entertainment.

Baller: https://www.sanjosehotel.com/index2.php This place is on South Congress too, a little more pricey but definitely a happening place to be. My buddy told me he saw Natalie Portman here not that long ago. The courtyard bar is a great spot and you don't have to be staying at the hotel to drink there.

Places to Eat

Im kinda a foodie so this is a topic close to my heart. Austin is a great place to eat cheap. It's expected that Austin would have great Tex-Mex and Barbecue but it also has some great fine dining restaurants if that's what your into.

Budget: http://www.homeslicepizza.com/ Great pizza place on south congress that is always full of people. Nice place to hop in and grab a slice and micro-brew before a night on the town.

http://www.elchilito.com/home.html Awesome taco stand with outside seating, its also bwob

http://www.currasgrill.com/ If your into interior mexican food order the conchinta pibil and an avocado margarita, you will not be sorry.

Baller: http://www.uchiaustin.com/ Best modern Japanese restaurant in the flyover states. The main guy here was just on Iron Chef.

http://www.parkside-austin.com/ Great seafood and located right on 6th street so you can just walk outside and start gaming. Also has an amazing HH

http://oddduckfarmtotrailer.com/ A perfect date place, its super trendy cause its essentially a food truck but its serving up some the best food in town. You totally win points by taking a girl here cause no one else would know about it, and you can bring your own bottle of wine. Caution there is no indoor seating so don't come here if its hot as fuck.

Daygame

South Congress is really the prime place for daygame as the street is just lined with stores, coffee shops, and restaurants. On saturday and sunday this place is just full of hot girls. Also UT is the largest public university in the country so trolling around campus is never a bad idea. So in summer Austin is like 110 degrees and all the locations change, essentially everyone congregates near the water. Now im pretty well traveled and I have to honestly say, Ive never seen a place so perfect in all my life as Barton Springs on a saturday in the summer. Barton Spring is a natural pool and aquifer on the south side of Austin that draws huge crowds of college age hotties who spend most of the day sunbathing topless.
[Image: banana.gif]

Nightgame

The downtown scene can really be separated into three different areas. Most people say 6th street but what they really mean is the couple of blocks on west 6th that locals refer to as dirty 6th. These bars are full of college kids going fucking bananas and 2 dollar jagger bombs, that kinda scene. Not to say that it isn't fun ive had plenty a good night on this strip. If your looking for pure numbers of hot women cheap drinks and highest likely-hood of getting laid, this is where you should be. A little further west on 6th street is the more upscale bars, where you will find less people and the drinks will be a little more expensive. The girls here are just as good looking but are usually a little smarter and maybe a little harder to game. East of 35, you'll find the hipster bars. These are actually some the of the funnest places to drink if you can get over the palpable pretension and omnipresent mustaches. I would recommend http://www.shangrilaaustin.com/ in particular as it is my favorite bar in town.

In general Austin is a great place to game. For the most part girls here are extremely approachable and you will rarely get a bitch shield. I am by no means a master at game but I have gotten much better over the last year and I have no trouble gaming in Austin. Even when I lived in Houston I would pretty much spend my weekends in Austin and I racked up enough FBs that it was kinda hard to manage them all. If anyone has questions let me know.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

How do the girls compare to houston girls? I'm guessing its the same shit, different city. Ill probably spend a weekend up there in a few weeks. Ain't been there since I was in high school.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

+1 rep point from me. I've had my eye on Austin for about 2 months as a city to hit this summer. Thanks for coming out strong on your very first post, and welcome to the forum!

Mixx

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Id say you can find just as hot girls in Houston, they're just not as concentrated or as easy to game. On the flip side Austin is nowhere near as international as Houston, you can really find any type of girl you want in Houston if you look hard enough. Also Houston girls seem a little more preoccupied with what kinda job you have, what kinda car you drive etc. I call this Washington Ave syndrome. Austin girls are about as down to earth as it gets. Ill be interested to hear what you think when you get up there.

Thanks Mixx, I think you will especially clean up down here as this city seems to be devoid of stylish latin guys.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Nice Data Sheet.

Take note. This is how you need to start when coming to this forum.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

I'm trying to get into UT Austin for fall 2012. I hope it pans out.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Yeah, you'll have some fun up there hydro. Good luck man

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Thanks!

Austin Texas Data Sheet

I think there's a few of us in Texas. We should do some damage in Austin one weekend [Image: smile.gif]

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Nice post....Austin is a great city....best city in Texas. The ppl are incredibly nice. If you can, try and take a boat tour and check out the bats heading out at night...like a million of those lil fcukers...

http://www.capitalcruises.com/
http://austinsboattours.com/

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Quote: (05-10-2011 06:35 PM)houston Wrote:  

I think there's a few of us in Texas. We should do some damage in Austin one weekend [Image: smile.gif]

heck yes. you just have to wait 6 moths to 1.5 years, depending, for me to get there [Image: wink.gif]

Austin Texas Data Sheet

BIG CORRECTION: "Dirty 6th Street" is actually EAST 6th Street, not West... Yes, it's west of I35, but it's east of Congress... West 6th Street is west of Congress Ave and the bars/clubs down there are far nicer and the quality is much nicer. I highly recommend guys go to WEST 6th Street venues (The Ranch, Kung Fu, Union Square, etc.).

I like Austin and grew up there. It's got great nightlife for a place it's size and the girls are cuter than anywhere else in Texas. But it's a bit of a bubble and the nightlife is inbred. It's impossible sometimes to meet a girl who doesn't know half the people in the bar already.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Quote: (05-13-2011 09:56 AM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

BIG CORRECTION: "Dirty 6th Street" is actually EAST 6th Street, not West... Yes, it's west of I35, but it's east of Congress... West 6th Street is west of Congress Ave and the bars/clubs down there are far nicer and the quality is much nicer. I highly recommend guys go to WEST 6th Street venues (The Ranch, Kung Fu, Union Square, etc.).

I like Austin and grew up there. It's got great nightlife for a place it's size and the girls are cuter than anywhere else in Texas. But it's a bit of a bubble and the nightlife is inbred. It's impossible sometimes to meet a girl who doesn't know half the people in the bar already.

Since all of the development on East 6th (east of 35) I don't think people refer to "dirty 6th" as "East 6th" anymore, but i appreciate the correction and I may be wrong. I agree with you the quality is higher west of congress. Also I should add I spot Ive had a lot of success at since my original post. http://www.barbarellaaustin.com/ Its kinda a dance bar with some retro music, doesn't get crowded till 12:30 or so. The girls here are incredibly approachable, I actually pulled an SNL from here last friday. [Image: smile.gif]

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Quote: (05-10-2011 06:35 PM)houston Wrote:  

Agreed

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Is it true that Austin has a shitload of hotties? [Image: smile.gif]

Austin Texas Data Sheet

For a city its size, yes. It over-performs. In the grand scheme of things, girls in A-list cities like NYC, Miami, LA, etc. are still hotter.

Positives about Austin:
- Massive quantity of nightlife, all in one spot. Over 160 bars/clubs within walking distance of each other.
- Good 5 nights a week
- Cheap drinks
- Lots of hot girls for a city of its size.

Negatives about Austin:
- Nightlife is very inbred and can be social-circle oriented depending on the venue. So often you'll have to deal with girls who know 1/3 of the guys in the bar already. Also, everyone's always texting someone somewhere else on 6th. I've never seen more chronic texters than in Austin.
- Logistics are terrible. Everyone lives 20-30 minute drive away from downtown.
- For whatever reason, people don't get out until 11:00 or 11:30 and bars start shutting down at 1:30. So you usually only have 2-3 hours to work with.

Verdict: Austin's definitely worth a stop over. It's one of those places that the more time you spend there and the more you get to know people and venues, the more it pays dividends. A couple of my best friends back home have been going out to 6th for 5-6 years now and usually know people practically everywhere they go. It's a huge advantage, and they get laid easily.

If you're rolling solo and approaching cold, Austin's going to be slightly harder than your average US city. You're constantly having to deal with girls who are friends with the bartender, or who want to meet up with another group of people at another bar. Logistics can be a nightmare in Austin.

But despite those unique challenges, Austin has plenty of quality and quantity to go around. So there's never a lack of new opportunities.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

What would you guys say is the typical ethnic breakdown of the chicks in Austin? What do you see the most of while walking around the city? What do you see the least of? Specifically, as a fan of Latinas, do you see many in Austin? I've heard there are a ton of Latin hotties in Houston, but I'm wondering how its smaller neighbor compares.

-LS

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Quote: (08-28-2011 12:27 AM)lilseezie Wrote:  

What would you guys say is the typical ethnic breakdown of the chicks in Austin? What do you see the most of while walking around the city? What do you see the least of? Specifically, as a fan of Latinas, do you see many in Austin? I've heard there are a ton of Latin hotties in Houston, but I'm wondering how its smaller neighbor compares.

-LS

The ethnic breakdown is mostly white chicks. They range from college girls to chicks who live in the city to girls visiting Austin for the music/nightlife.

There are latinas, but they tend to be on the East side (I-35) of town, so I don't know much about where to game them.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Quote: (05-13-2011 09:56 AM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

I have to say that the college girls are actually better at Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX) than at UT Austin. Ask anybody who is in the know, or hell just do a google search of pics of girls from the two colleges. I've briefly visited Texas Tech and have taken classes at UT Austin, and can testify to it. UT Austin is actually kind of a selective school, so the dumb, hot sorority girls actually go to other colleges besides UT Austin.

To everybody else:

I like Austin, but it sometimes gets overhyped. You will definitely not see on 6th street the super hot girls you can see in NYC, Maimi, LA, Vegas, etc., but it is good if you like white chicks in the 6 - 8 range of hotness. Also, the college bars can sometimes become sausage fests. If you do visit, plan on staying in a hotel downtown so that the walk to 6th Steet is close. If you have to, look at a google map and make sure the distance from your hotel is not too far from 6th. This will cut down on logistics issues and it will also allow you to visit a lot of different bars in one night if you don't get the right vibe from the one you are at.

Overall, Austin is ok. I personally wouldn't just go there for only the women. Try to also catch a show since there is a ton of music/bands being played there. Check out austin360.com for more info on entertainment.

I personally plan to hit up Lubbock, TX later this year to see how hard it is to pull the dumb, super hot sorority girls in the college bars there. I have a feeling it's going to be tough if you are not in the fraternity/sorority scene, but it is worth a shot. Lubbock could be a hidden gem/secret spot if you are young enough to pass for a college kid.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Quote:Quote:

I like Austin, but it sometimes gets overhyped. You will definitely not see on 6th street the super hot girls you can see in NYC, Maimi, LA, Vegas, etc., but it is good if you like white chicks in the 6 - 8 range of hotness. Also, the college bars can sometimes become sausage fests. If you do visit, plan on staying in a hotel downtown so that the walk to 6th Steet is close. If you have to, look at a google map and make sure the distance from your hotel is not too far from 6th. This will cut down on logistics issues and it will also allow you to visit a lot of different bars in one night if you don't get the right vibe from the one you are at.

This.

I grew up in Austin, and so I usually spend at least a month there each year, usually around the holidays. For a city its size, it's great. But it's not going to knock the socks off any of the A-list cities. It's the kind of place that's a great stopover if you're in town for another reason and can be a lot of fun for a couple days. It's also has a lot of potential if you move there and begin making connections. But as far as going for no other reason than for the women, you're going to end up disappointed. It's good, but you can find better around the country.

As for race, as Easy E said, the Latinas usually stay on the east side of town. Sometimes they drift over to the eastern tip of dirty 6th. There are some bars down on dirty 6th where all of the black people go. So there are different races, but they all seem to segregate themselves. It is Texas, after all.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

yeah i was just there recently and it was a cool spot to spend a few days but wasnt overly impressed. kind of like a mini new orleans, and cleaner/safer. but the chicks didnt really blow me away. now school hadnt started back up again so perhaps thats a factor but i spent some time on the UT campus w/summer classes in session and wasnt overly impressed. neat town, but the girls werent anything special.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Ah I see. Good information. I might get an employment opportunity in Austin, TX...so I was definitely wondering.

As long as there's enough hot girls and that its not as hellish as DC....i def won't mind the cons(The pro's seem to outweigh the cons) Plus I might be living close to downtown so logistics would actually be excellent for me.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Living downtown is a bit overpriced, but if you managed to get set up with a nice place and made some connections, you could really live it up big time in Austin. The possibilities are pretty amazing if you get hooked up in the scene down there. Also, there are some epic lake parties in the summer as well as a few major festivals each year. So yeah, it's a great place to live. I guarantee you'll be upgrading big-time from DC.

Austin Texas Data Sheet

I heard Austin is full of white blondes with phat asses. Anybody to confirm?

Austin Texas Data Sheet

Quote: (08-28-2011 10:37 PM)Brian Wrote:  

yeah i was just there recently and it was a cool spot to spend a few days but wasnt overly impressed. kind of like a mini new orleans, and cleaner/safer. but the chicks didnt really blow me away. now school hadnt started back up again so perhaps thats a factor but i spent some time on the UT campus w/summer classes in session and wasnt overly impressed. neat town, but the girls werent anything special.

Best time to go is when school is in session (Sept - Nov, late Jan - May). UT Austin is dead during the summer.

The girls of Austin aren't 9's & 10's, but when school is in session, you would be surprised by how may cute girls there are in the city.