rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bachelor Pads

Bachelor Pads

I'm a young guy (23) and was wondering what y'all think are essential bachelor pad accessories. I'm balling on a budget so don't mention any outrageous things. I already got a nice bed and couches which are the most important things imo. I'm looking at a nice tv stand and coffee table next. Maybe a big fish tank also

Bachelor Pads

At 23 just having your own place is almost good enough. Most people that age live with roommates. I think the main thing you have to worry about is just keeping it clean. Maybe put some art on the wall instead of posters and show you've got some good tastes. You can skim through some furniture magazines you get in the mail to get ideas on how to fix things up to look good. I've gone all out in making the perfect bachelor pad, but I do that because I like nice shit and have high standards for my living environment, not to really impress anyone. I don't think girl's really give a shit that much about a guy's place as long as it's clean and doesn't stink.

Bachelor Pads

I agree that girls don't care as long as u have a bed or couch to fuck on but its more for myself. Its nice to kick back, smoke a blunt and just feel comfortable in your own nice living room. I actually thought about art on the wall but I already have music and movie posters everywhere. Maybe some art mixed in with posters? I have no idea what kind of art to get or what looks good

Bachelor Pads

All I would add is a decent set of speakers for your computer (which you should already have) and a nice lamp to cast some flattering light on you, your place, and the chick you're having over.

A decent area rug, which you can get on the cheap if you have to, is also a nice touch.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Bachelor Pads

Quote: (03-04-2011 03:26 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

All I would add is a decent set of speakers for your computer (which you should already have) and a nice lamp to cast some flattering light on you, your place, and the chick you're having over.

A decent area rug, which you can get on the cheap if you have to, is also a nice touch.

Your post reminded me of an important bachelor pad essential. Make sure all your lights are on dimmer switches. If your lamps don't come with that built in you can get them at home depot for like $10. You just plug your lamp into it and you can make the place as bright or as dim as you want. Key for setting the right mood.

As for artwork, for a guy, nothing too colorful and definitely not floral paintings or anything like that. I think abstract art is best for a dude. In my last apartment I bought something an artist was selling off ebay for pretty cheap that did the job. People liked it.

Bachelor Pads

Well, I have ceiling fans with bulbs in every room. I only have one bulb going in my living room so its not real bright. I might have to look into a lamp though.

A rug is a great idea. I have a big living room and it would add more color and all that shit.

Do y'all think it will look ok to throw in paintings in between posters? I got posters running all around my living room and in my hallway

Bachelor Pads

Quote: (03-04-2011 04:04 AM)houston Wrote:  

Do y'all think it will look ok to throw in paintings in between posters? I got posters running all around my living room and in my hallway

No. Bare posters are the hallmark of an un-sophisticated pleb or freshman in college. You're trying to seem one level above that. Either shell out some cash for some cheap frames for your posters--if you can swing it--or take 'em down altogether. If they're a standard size, you can get frames for a reasonable price.

I have a huge, nice, original painting from a good artist that I paid serious coin for (when I had it). The custom frame alone starts to get it wet. But a shitty painting from a shitty artist does almost the same thing.

I've seen hand-paintings of dogs and mountain vistas at the local second-hand store for less than $50. Just make up some elaborate story about how your one-handed friend from Nice, France painted it for you.

If you tell it right, I swear they'll believe it.

Quote:Quote:

Make sure all your lights are on dimmer switches.

That's what I have. But, if you're going to get fancy, I would add a couple more items. The area rug will add color and a sense of space. A nice room divider--in the form of a tri-fold screen or large bookcase--does miracles. You can do this cheaply.

A cheap coffee table is also good. You can spread out some good swag on there (when I was a cheesy player, I used to subtly put out one of my "autographed" magazines on mine).

Plus, the bottom shelf of a coffee table is a good place to tuck a spare set of condoms.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Bachelor Pads

Yeah dude, get rid of the music posters. Some movie posters might be okay if you are a movie buff and maybe they are nice looking prints from classic movies that you have properly framed.

Since this forum is about travel, why not some travel posters. In my dining room, I blew up 2 iconic black and white photos I took in Rio and got them nice wood frames. Looks really classy, esp when you can say you took them yourself. And if you are going to put up photographic prints, stick to black and white since it matches anything naturally, it looks timeless and there's something classy about black and white prints.

The bottom line is, I wouldn't just put up a bunch of random stuff. Whatever you choose should reflect your personality and it would be good to have a story to tell about it if possible. I have a huge wood centerpiece over my couch. I bought the wood myself and then painted it. I did that because I couldn't find anything at the stores or online I wanted so I decided to just make something myself. It's nothing fancy, but it looks pretty cool there and it's nice to be able to say I was the one that did it.

Bachelor Pads

Well, I have a house not an apartment. Its going to look plain and boring if I don't have something on the walls since there's so much wall space. I'm willing to put the music posters in my room (who gives a fuck what's in there) and fill up the living room with movie, paintings and cool pictures. Would that be ok? Maybe I should leave a foot or 2 in between things on the wall instead of trying to cramp everything? Space everything out.

I'm about to get a fake plant this weekend for my living room. Something like a bamboo or palm tree.

Bachelor Pads

Things like having a modern kitchen, stylish sofa, fresh paint and a fun-to-be-in bathroom are big advantages. My bathroom is like 6m². It's small, it has a shower, toilet and sink but it cost me about 12,000€ and is really cool

If I would be a hot chick I wouldn't bang a guy living in a pigstall

Bachelor Pads

Quote: (03-04-2011 04:46 AM)houston Wrote:  

Well, I have a house not an apartment. Its going to look plain and boring if I don't have something on the walls since there's so much wall space. I'm willing to put the music posters in my room (who gives a fuck what's in there) and fill up the living room with movie, paintings and cool pictures. Would that be ok? Maybe I should leave a foot or 2 in between things on the wall instead of trying to cramp everything? Space everything out.

I'm about to get a fake plant this weekend for my living room. Something like a bamboo or palm tree.

If you're a total newbie to how set up a place to look cool, you might want to browse a site like this just to get some basic ideas:

http://www.hgtv.com/decorating/index.html

They have all kinds of styles in there. I think for guys, the modern style work best. Looks more masculine and it's more minimal so you don't have to buy as much shit.

...whoa just browsing that site I noticed my couch in one of the photos: http://www.hgtv.com/designers-portfolio/...or-neutral

That's a pretty dope setup btw.

Bachelor Pads

Good shit speakeasy.

Any ideas on what kind of coffee table to get and where to shop for one? I think ill be good in the living room after a rug, fish tank, nice tv stand and a coffee table. And after I figure out what to do with the walls. I need to get a dvd rack, should do that this weekend.

What about the bedroom? I'm never in there unless I'm sleeping or smashing and no girl sees it unless she's about to get fucked

Bachelor Pads

World Market has great furniture for cheap. Having a bedroom t.v. is essential. It's easy to get a girl to "lay on the bed and watch a movie". [Image: angel.gif]

I like keeping the bedroom simple. It helps girls from getting distracted. I keep a Walther PPK/S under the mattress in case the bitch goes crazy on me. LOL.

Take your medicine cabinet down and pack it full of marbles, then rehang it. You'll know the bitch is nosy when she goes to the bathroom.

Bachelor Pads

Quote: (03-04-2011 05:11 AM)houston Wrote:  

Good shit speakeasy.

Any ideas on what kind of coffee table to get and where to shop for one? I think ill be good in the living room after a rug, fish tank, nice tv stand and a coffee table. And after I figure out what to do with the walls. I need to get a dvd rack, should do that this weekend.

What about the bedroom? I'm never in there unless I'm sleeping or smashing and no girl sees it unless she's about to get fucked

I'm going to assume you live in Houston because of your handle. There's a pretty cool furniture store in Houston that has good prices. I actually bought my bed from them online.

http://www.eurway.com/storelocations.lasso

Bachelor Pads

I've gotten a nice lamp with the dimming switch, a bamboo tree, nice tv stand, new shower curtain, a dvd/blu ray rack and moved my music posters to my room since making this thread. I can tell the sluts are more comfortable when they walk in.

I still have a coffee table, paintings and rug on my list. Can't really think of anything else while I'm shopping on a budget. What about some cool cups to pour up mixed drinks in? I'm also debating whether I should get a cheap ass tv and dvd player for my room but that's last on my list.

I also got a nice backyard but never bring bitches back there. Maybe a table and some chairs hmm. I need to take advantage of being young had having a house to myself

Bachelor Pads

Glad to hear you moved the posters.. nothing is worse than a wrinkled bob marley poster. I am surprised no one mentioned Ikea or Target here.. for the price, it is definitely a good option for starter furniture.

-

Backyard porch? You can get a simple strand of lights from Target. Think xmas tree lights but more fancy. Mine have lasted 4+ years and I don't even think they are made for outdoor. A drink on the porch with only this light.. should seal the deal!

Bachelor Pads

candles for the bedroom

Bachelor Pads

My spot is not overly-decorated, but it's great to have a few signature pieces to discuss. For me, this is a vintage typewriter, guitars hanging on the walls, and a couple of awards from my past around the living room.

Having at least some booze (and a decent mixer) is important.

I'll also second the candles in the bedroom. That is a great move, it's like girls feel like they have to have sex with you once there are candles lit.

Bachelor Pads

Another great bonus of candles in the bedroom: your boyfriend will enjoy them as well! [Image: gay.gif]

Bed, night stand, wall mounted tv/projector, some type of audio system. Thats all you need for your bachelor bedroom. Simple, super easy to keep clean, and the focal point is your bed.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Bachelor Pads

A decent studio apartment in my city will cost me 4000 dollars. I cannot afford to spend that much just on rent. FML.

Bachelor Pads

I like having a big sectional couch instead of chairs and separate furniture. Great for everything, and makes the place seem more cozy.

Bachelor Pads

The below quote is from THIS POST. I can't stress enough how location/logistics matter, but also that you don't have to spend a ton of money to get some decent stuff. I've got NEARLY floor to ceiling mirrors (3 or 4 of them) that I got for FREE online. There's a bunch of cheap or free shit at garage sales, on Craig's List, or on various donation/freecycle boards (check out freecycle if it's in your area). I got my bedroom dresser (real wood, not that faux pressboard shit), nice framed mirror, end tables, etc... all for free or really cheap. You're going to have to put effort into it, but when you have more time than money it's a reasonable trade off.

Actually, I just replaced my patio furniture (table and chairs were broke/breaking) and barbecue (it was kind of small) with a nicer table/chairs (they have nice cushions) AND a 5-burner chrome bbq for $50 bucks + bought my buddy a few beers and he helped me move it all. He was going through a divorce and just didn't want his wife to have it,. Opportunities are around you just have to search them out.

I just put my old BBQ behind my house in the alley and now someone has a working BBQ for free. Here's the post describing how I set up my place:

Quote: (06-07-2013 09:01 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

Taking the Gmac challenge. My answers in BOLD

Quote: (06-07-2013 08:35 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Logistics are king in every way, so think about that before you start trying to bring girls home too.

Do you have roommates and is that an issue?

I sublet to my roommate, so while I'd much rather not have someone live with me, it does allow me to charge them more of the rent, control the parking spots, and live where I live.

Do you live with your parents?

Not for about a decade

Do you live way outside the city in the burbs (or worse)?
Within a block of the beach, slight view of my local pier, ocean, and palm trees from very small front patio and living room windows.

Is your place a shithole?

For what it is, I've done alright by it. Older 1-story without a lot of fancy shit but I've made it look half decent. It's a shithole because my roommate and I are busy and we entertain some and we're both volleyball players so there's almost always sand somewhere or dishes, towels/clothes, or volleyball gear laying around.

And on the other end...

Do you live by yourself or have plenty of privacy?

I don't have a ton of privacy (the walls are thin and so are the windows) but I have a sound machine, stereo, and fan in my room to cover up noise. Also key is that my roommate if home is happy to stay in his room and put on music or tv show if I'm entertaining/banging.

Do you live within walking distance of the bar(s) you frequent?

The main drag of stores/restaurants/bars is a mere two blocks over.

Do you have a place that makes it easy to entertain (i.e. abundant alcohol, great view, plenty of things to do, unique appeal)

Decent view, converted a closet into a nice bar, next to that is a glassware/shaker cabinet and next to that is a 16 slot wine rack that I keep reasonably-stocked at all times, tons to do, very unique to live that close to the beach (and pier and volleyball courts) AND the party.

Is your bachelor pad spacious, clean and attractive?

I do a lot with not a large place. Bedrooms are pretty small but the living room has plenty of seating, flatscreen, home theater audio with a nice 12" sub, video game consoles, premium channels, karaoke system. I also have access to a really nice (and usually deserted) hot tub with a heated pool that I can get into (and bypass the jet timer) at any hour. Plus between my garage and from making friends with neighbors I have nearly unlimited access to surf boards, wetsuits, beach cruisers, and any other beach/sport/entertainment stuff I could want including 24/7 access to a MUCH nicer patio on the house closest to the beach.

All of these matter and should factor into your decision to bring a girl home... Why? Because your chance of success goes up depending on the perceived quality of your pad.

That said, I've brought plenty of girls home to some pretty shady spots when I was younger. [Image: lol.gif]

I've brought girls back and banged them with my place looking pretty fucking messy, but since it's decently nice overall and I'm so close to the beach, I'm able to pull it off more than I thought I'd be able to.

If I keep my room nice I always get compliments from girls on how it looks. I've been making my bed since the beginning of this year every single morning. It's SO much nicer to have a made bed and picked up room in general, plus you'll get laid more effectively, and you can do a security sweep while cleaning up/making the bed.

Quote: (06-07-2013 08:56 PM)slothpiece Wrote:  

I live in a tiiiiiny studio in Dupont. I have no furniture yet except my bed.

I've managed to furnish my place VERY cheaply. It took effort for sure, but with a decent time investment I was able to find everything I needed for my kitchen (large appliances and small), couches, dresser, end tables for my bedroom, bar paraphernelia, kitchen table, desk, entertainment center, etc...

Mostly Craig's List and some word of mouth/garage sales as well as stupidly letting an old roommate get into debt with me and then smartly taking all his nice stuff in partial trade (lamps, ceiling fan, outdoor heaters, patio furniture, home theater audio system...basically all the stuff that he had that was nice).

Also, to the guys who are averse to putting a candle in their room because they're afraid they'll be pointed to as gay, I've got easily 6 to 7 candles out on my dresser at any one time along with good massage oil. It almost always piques girl's interest.

Also, I have large mirrors and mirrored closet doors in my bedroom. Basically, if you're on the bed, you're on display in a mirror. Women will tease me about them but that just means they want to be naked in front of them with me.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Bachelor Pads

i'm more interested in how you managed to score a bachelor pad at 23yo...

cheapest place in the city i can find is $2000 per month.

two questions:

1/ what are you paying?

2/ where is your bankroll coming from?

Bachelor Pads

my question to you is where do you live?

I live in a small 110k population city. I can get a studio right on the downtown strip for 600-700. A 1 bedroom within three minutes walk is about 1000. A 2 bedroom the same distance is about 1200-1300.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Bachelor Pads

The best tip I received when I moved into my own place was not to get any dofors. A dofor is something that will 'do for' now until you can afford something better. If you do end up getting dofors, you will probably never replace them with something of better quality as there is always something to be spending your cash on.

Keep the place clean and uncluttered. Clean and tidy anything that needs it immediately, and give the whole place a once over each week to keep on top of it. Neutral colours for most things, unless you want any one item to stand out as a feature. My walls are painted white, and I have dark wood flooring. A few framed pictures, posters, and a print or two throughout the house. I keep the place rather impersonal as that's how I like it. I'm of the opinion that family photos go in a photo album. I'd advise real plants over fake ones. A cactus or Yukka are practically impossible to kill through neglect, plus I find a plant can change the feel of a room. Grow a few herbs in your kitchen window if you can, and like to cook.

Nothing wrong with having a TV and stereo on display, but keep games consoles and computers etc out of site. Fish tanks are great. Just be aware the larger the tank the noisier the filter will be to keep it clean.

Posters are okay if they're framed. You can get cheap prints from some places, or even commission a piece or two. No doubt there will be someone in your life who is artistic. Another option is a feature wall (fancy wallpaper, or a bold colour paint) if you cannot decide on what pictures to get.

You say you have a decent bed. I prefer a firm mattress for sleeping and fucking on, and there should be some places you can tie her to. Scotch guard your sofa, any rugs, and anything you don't want stained with either spilt alcohol or bodily fluids.