rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Putting Girls Aside and Traveling For The Experience: Peru

It has been awhile since I have solely traveled for the experience and not for girls. One recent exception was a side-trip to Krakow and Auschwitz. With that said, I recently went on a trip to Peru with a friend. The purpose of the trip was to see the Inca ruins in the Sacred Valley and venture to Machu Pichu. It was also to enjoy the trip with a good friend.

It turned out to be a perfect trip to put girls aside because in 4 days in Cusco, I think I saw one or two girls above a 7. I wasn’t really tempted to approach, plus I was exhausted from the long days of sightseeing and getting accustomed to the altitude. Cusco was a bit pricier than I anticipated but not a killer. The restaurants around the center of Cusco are not cheap.

We hired a private driver to take us to the Sacred Valley, which cost 180 soles plus entrance fees to each site. It was 120 for a driver to Pisca, which has ancient ruins and also a fair on Sunday- a good place to buy souvenirs. I felt that the trip to MP was well worth it. It wasn’t let down by all the anticipation at all. It was just as spectacular as I thought. I kept thing about how fortunate that I am able and have the means to take these trips.

The scenery is beautiful and the historic sites are fascinating. It was a perfect trip to solely enjoy the experience of traveling without chasing tail. In any event, I am in Colombia now which is a completely different story.

peru seems badass. Glad you had a good trip.

Ayahuasca?

One thing about Cusco, you just need to walk 2 or 3 blocks and prices are 1/3 of the restaurants on the main square. The main market is also pretty dope for cheap food. Glad you enjoyed it.

I shall be traveling to Peru not for putting girls aside, but for putting it inside girls.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I travelled to Ukraine to look at cathedrals and to learn about history. Oh wait, I like vagina...

I used to travel mainly for sight seeing. I've seen so much cool stuff that I just don't care about sight seeing anymore. The only time I really care about sight seeing is if it's for something I have a specific interest in, or something REALLY cool (like Machu Picchu or the Pyramids of Giza or so). Sex is way more important to me than sight seeing as a single man in my mid 20's. I figure I'll do more hardcore sight seeing when I'm in my 50's, or if I find myself in a serious relationship within the next couple of years.

hey creepin, i thought you were going to be here like months ago. whats happening my man?

Quote: (07-20-2014 10:13 AM)bounce Wrote:  

hey creepin, i thought you were going to be here like months ago. whats happening my man?
I thought I was. When I came back to my hometown to get my business back in order I didn't realize how bad off it was. Its taken longer to get back to running smooth enough to hire someone else to look after it then I thought. On a brighter note I am getting really close to having it squared away and have an new guy lined up to run it while I travel.

Are you still leaving in August? I doubt I will be able to travel until September... I was really hoping to catch up with you in Lima. Its always nice meeting like minded guys when traveling to a new destination that you don't know much about ha.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

My recent trip to Lima was solid for meeting cute girls. Here is some updated information on Machu Piccu and Cusco (not a Game report):

Cusco

The former capital of the Inca empire, Cusco I has an elevation of 11,200 feet. Cusco is a major tourist destination, receiving more than 2 million visitors per year.

Weather

Cusco has a dry season running from May to August and the wet season from December to March. The average temperature in July is around 50 degrees F. Cusco is a dusty city so don’t wear your best shoes when walking around.

Altitude sickness is real. Before arriving in Cusco, I thought anyone who is in shape wouldn’t have a problem adjusting. Man, was I wrong. I had attitude sickness for the first two days. I advise laying off the booze at least for a few days while your body adjusts the altitude.

Logistics

Cusco has a small domestic airport located on the edge of the city. You will most likely connect in Lima before arriving in Cusco Airport. Lima represents the closest international airport to Cusco. There are several flights per day from Lima to Cusco. A taxi from the airport to the center of Cusco should put you back about 10-15 Soles. You can also take the local bus to the center, which costs about 1 Sole.

The center of Cusco is small and walkable. There are plenty of taxis available but if you are staying the center, you won’t likely need one.

Sites

•Plaza de Armas: the main center of activity and meeting point in Cusco. The Plaza is a large square consisting of bus, restaurants, shops and churches.

•Sacsayhuamán: the famous Inca ruins above Cusco

•San Pedro Market: A vibrant market where local vendors sell products to local Peruvian and souvenirs to tourist.

•Maras Salt Mines: a great daytrip. You can go with a tour group or hire a private driver to see this amazing terraced salt mines

Impressions

This was purely historical and cultural trip for me. I didn’t approach any women. However for those who come to Cusco to Game as well, Plaza de Armas has plenty of activity during the day and makes it a Daygame home base. There area few decent clubs and bars in the center of Cusco. Going for the tourists at the bars and clubs will be your best change of hooking up in Cusco that has respectable quality. The hot spots change nightly. Ask around upon your arrival for the most up-to-date information on nightlife.

The trip to Cusco was well worth it. I wasn’t let down by all the anticipation of it all. It was just as spectacular as I thought. I kept thinking about how fortunate that I am able and have the means to take these trips.

The scenery is beautiful and the historic sites are fascinating. It was a perfect trip to solely enjoy the experience of traveling without chasing tail.

Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu is one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world and in the top of most travelers’ “bucket list”. Machu Pichu is located 80 KM northwest of Cusco, at an altitude of 8,000 ft. Built as an estate for an Incan emperor, Machu Piccu was abandoned during the Spanish Conquest and not discovered again until 1911. The Spanish never found Machu Piccu, so the site was left untouched for hundreds of years.

Weather

The peak season is July and August. The wet season runs from October-April. Machu Picchu is open year-round. The altitude is more than 3,000 ft lower than Cusco, so the weather is milder. You will encounter less breathing difficulty than in Cusco.

Getting There:

There are no direct routes from Cusco to Machu Picchu. The following are the most common options for getting to Machu Picchu:

1. Hike the Inca Trail, which will take 3 days. You will need to book months in advance, as space is limited.

2. The easiest way is by train from Cusco to Aguas Calientes. The trip is 3.5 hours, each way.

There are three train companies to choose from

•Inca Rail
•Peru Rail
•Belmond Hiram Bingham train

Tickets sell out quickly. It is recommended to book your tickets at least one month in advance.

Take a 30-minute bus ride bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu. The cost is 25 U.S. dollars round-trip.

You can walk from Aguas Caliuentes to Machu Picchu. The hike will take 2 hours each way.

Hotels in Aquas Calientes: Many visitors prefer to spend the night before embarking on Machu Picchu. This is a nice way of breaking up an arduous trip.

•Upscale: Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo
•Budget: El Mapi

Entrance

•Costs 128 Soles
•Book your tickets in advance at: http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe
•Tickets display your name, so they are not interchangeable.

Impressions

Machu Picchu is the most famous symbol of the Inca Empire and one of the most recognizable ancient ruins in the world. It was worth battling altitude sickness and the time consuming travel for the experience of this must see “Bucket list site”. The spectacular views and mysterious “ lost city” did not disappoint.

My trip to Cusco and Machu Picchu were perfect destinations for “putting girls aside” and traveling solely for the experience of bearing witness to the remains of one of the most interesting, mysterious empires in the world.

My brother and I also did the Inca Trail in 2013. I've also been to Auschwitz and Auschwitz-Birkenau, which is pretty intense. I went to Colombia last year, but didn't do it quite right (terrible travel companion). I would like to do an expedition to Ciuidad Perdida when I got back down there.

Recommendations:

- I think it's worth doing with a guide. We used G Adventures and it was a blast. We got to hike with day packs and they took all our heavy stuff and cooked for us. The hike was intense: we did about 8 hours of mountainous walking over 3 or 4 days and went all the way up to over 15,000 feet. I probably dropped 8 pounds during the trip (of upper-body muscle [Image: dodgy.gif]) We hiked during the day and hung out with the awesome people in our group at night, drinking cheap liquor/beer and generally being silly. Our guide Evert was fantastic (and hilarious).

- We did the Salkantay route of the Inca Trail, which has very few people on it. Machu Picchu is somewhat overcrowded, so this was a great move.

- Secure a permit to hike Huayna Picchu (the picturesque mtn. behind Machu Picchu) before you get there. My one regret.

- Skip the thermal springs at Aguas Calientes. Nothing good about them, and they aren't even caliente.

- Don't put your Machu Picchu photos on your dating apps. Somehow it even works against you.