rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's the least you need from a girl to ask her number?

I am pretty sure I am overanalyzing every interaction I have on my approaches and I may be shooting myself in the foot.

For example...I just approached a girl sitting in a coffeeshop playing on her laptop...she was smiling and talking with some eye contact. She even asked where I was from after we talked about where she was from. But, when I dropped bait about my work...she said nothing. I also noticed her scratching her nose and stuff. When I asked her name and then I said "nice to meet you Molly" ....she didn't ask my name. So, I thanked her for the advice and left.

Did the same thing yesterday with another girl...who seemed "semi friendly" but at the end starts looking back to her laptop and does not ask my name when I ask hers. My thinking in these cases is why put yourself through a "no" and the "walk of shame" if you think, based on the signals during the interaction she's going to say no anyway.

What's the minimum "investment" you guys look for in order to ask a girl for her number? Smile and eye contact during conversation enough? I certainly know when I WON'T ask for a number....like eye contact avoidance and short answers.

I have been using the "name test" lately....and therefore not asking for numbers. That is, when I ask their name.....if they don't ask mine.....I just bail without going for the number. I got that tip from Corey Wayne of you tube fame.

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

I look at how well she's engaged in the conversation. If she's asking me personal questions, stops what she's doing(such as closing her laptop) to speak with me, or doesn't use superficial responses("Oh..", "Sounds nice", "Interesting..", etc), that's all I need to go in for the number close.

Sounds like she had more important things to do ...like check in with her male fan club on Facebook.

I say this all the time: Don't try to get the number. Just try to have a casual conversation ...aka an insta-date.
If all goes well try to set up a date for drinks. The number is implied at that point.

It doesn't sound like she's interested to me. Next time drop the "small bait" as Roosh calls it. Just get her talking about
whatever nonsense you can. Point is keep her talking. Talking is the mechanism women use to "connect emotionally". The words
don't even matter. They're all about conveying emotions to each other.

Team Nachos

The only time I do not ask for a girl's number is if she is rude or displays zero interest. Apart from those situations I ask because even if she says no, I can live with the fact that I acted on what I wanted. Going with the "if they don't ask for my name...I just bail" is risky because girls have no game. Sometimes even when they're interested they wont ask.

Quote: (07-15-2014 01:15 PM)game_ethic Wrote:  

I look at how well she's engaged in the conversation. If she's asking me personal questions, stops what she's doing(such as closing her laptop) to speak with me, or doesn't use superficial responses("Oh..", "Sounds nice", "Interesting..", etc), that's all I need to go in for the number close.

Exactly this.

Conversations are a two way street.

I give her a pass early on because I know they're a little apprehensive when you first open them. Their shield is up and they need to relax and process what's going on. So the first few lines, alright, I can handle one word answers or not being asked questions in return to my questions. This is where following her body language is key. Is she taking an open stance? Is she stepping backwards as you're talking to her? Is she looking you in the eyes or looking around nervously, etc.

After that initial shock wears off and I've made her laugh a few times, I expect her to start being more engaging. If she does, I end with asking for the number. If not, I eject.

A smile. If she smiles the right way, I'm going to pursue it.

It doesn't work every time, but if I get the right smile, I'm almost guaranteed she's interested enough to talk to me in the future.

In most situations where there's not a time constraint obviously you want to establish a better impression, but I've got the number from girls when I literally had less than a minute to get her number and bone out.

So many situations are about just grabbing the opportunity when it presents itself before it's too late.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"