rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gaming Girls Who Are Customers

I'm a cashier at a high-end grocery store in the Midwest, and every now and then, I will see an attractive looking girl come through my line.

Instead of going for the social media angle, I want to know how to game/number close regular chicks and non-regular chicks.

I wonder whether or not this helps, but every time I see a decent looking girl come into my line, depending on who bags for me, I will shake their hand and introduce myself.

One time I tried to game a girl (I later found out she was taken) by adding her on FB, an anonymous person reported me to my manager. I don't know whether or not it was a team member or a customer I didn't get in trouble, but she told me I couldn't do that kind of stuff because it was "unprofessional".

The bullshit-ass part about this is that I met a couple of my closest friends BECAUSE I was able to add them on Facebook, and I've added other people between the time I started working there in June of last year and May (when I was reported) and NOBODY said a damn thing THEN.

1. The first major problem is that the majority of managers are women. I'm tight with some of them, but I have to watch my ass at all times because if I get digits and the wrong person catches me (my company has a policy where one can report a team-member violation anonymously) this could lead to concern 2:

2. My store has cameras on top of cameras. I'm concerned that said person could report me to HR, a manager, or the police and claim that I was "harassing" customers. If either scenario happens, I am totally fucked.

I just wanted to get this off of my chest, and I found the perfect place.

How old are you?

Yeah probably not a good idea in such a professional environment (dont shit where you eat). Also I wouldnt of asked for her FB either.

I run a skateshop on the weekends as a hobby I hit on all kinds of girls there (under the ploy of seeing if they need help at first).

Do whatever the hell you want. I'm sure you're fairly young, and a grocery store gig is a throwaway job that won't matter down the road.

Although, I'm not an advocate of adding girls on FB (at least not ones I want to bang), but you may not have the option to get a number while behind the register with a line or whatever.

Semi-related question though: what young girls aren't using a u-scan at the grocery store these days?

Quote: (07-10-2014 10:03 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

How old are you?

Just turned 22 about two weeks ago.

I wouldn't risk my job.

I agree FB is not the ideal way to game girls either.

I'm trying to refrain from advice-giving on this board...but, I have done this... if you sense genuine interest/rapport from her (with customers waiting in line behind her), tell her to "hang on" while you tear off some blank paper from the register (it'll look like you're giving her a receipt), write your # down, hand it to her or put in her bag making knowing eye-contact. Discreet. Smirk is optional.

yeah, i would think it would be wise to avoid gaming while i'm on the clock. off the clock you're free to do whatever.

gaming on facebook is like staring into the abyss.

Get a job as a waiter instead.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

I got the impression you didn't ask for her fb before adding her? (if you didn't, its probably her that reported it, unless you announced it to the entire store)

And the hand shaking seems like it would come off as a bit weird.

Id try to judge the situation more every time if I was you. For many girls/people, you coming on to them in that environment is going to be unwelcome.

But being that its such a repetitive environment, id come up with a few things to say, then continue based on each specific reaction. Definitely don't go randomly adding and shaking hands.

Quote: (07-11-2014 01:14 AM)Redwood Wrote:  

yeah, i would think it would be wise to avoid gaming while i'm on the clock. off the clock you're free to do whatever.

gaming on facebook is like staring into the abyss.

Gaming off the clock IS my best option, but I think that I should try doing it before or after work, because I only get 15 minute breaks.

In a way, I think that NOT adding her on FB helps because FB is dead anyway and nobody even uses it.

Quote: (07-11-2014 06:15 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

I got the impression you didn't ask for her fb before adding her? (if you didn't, its probably her that reported it, unless you announced it to the entire store)

And the hand shaking seems like it would come off as a bit weird.

Id try to judge the situation more every time if I was you. For many girls/people, you coming on to them in that environment is going to be unwelcome.

1. I DID ask for her FB before adding her, which is what I do once I see a girl more than once. And I was reported by a team member. I think my manager would have told me if the girl reported me.

2. When I shake hands with people, it's an attempt to get my name out there. I'm one of the best damn cashiers in that store because I give great customer service, and I want them to remember that. It's actually gotten me lunch coupons a couple times.

Because I introduced myself, this increases the chance that they will come into my line the next time they are in the store, so I can get to build rapport.

It has worked on other people, and a few younger ones, so it's not exactly a dumb strategy.

This might sound a little extreme and more involved but hear me out. You would be better received by these women if you were a customer in the store rather than a cashier. Grocery stores are great for meeting girls.

-Quit your job. Lots of chicks don't want the cashier harassing them. Most likely your complainant was the woman you added on Facebook.
-Get a more masculine job that pays better and teaches some sort of permanent skill. Even if you are in college you will appreciate whatever trade you learned later in life.
-Return to the same store as a customer. As McQueen says you now have this place locked down with your former coworkers. Use this advantage to make it a prime pussy hunting ground.

You're 22yo.

Get a job as a bar back at a bar or club.

You'll leave every night with cash, make more money and gaming chicks is encouraged and expected in those environments.

Quote: (07-11-2014 08:14 AM)Manipulator Wrote:  

This might sound a little extreme and more involved but hear me out. You would be better received by these women if you were a customer in the store rather than a cashier. Grocery stores are great for meeting girls.

-Quit your job. Lots of chicks don't want the cashier harassing them. Most likely your complainant was the woman you added on Facebook.
-Get a more masculine job that pays better and teaches some sort of permanent skill. Even if you are in college you will appreciate whatever trade you learned later in life.
-Return to the same store as a customer. As McQueen says you now have this place locked down with your former coworkers. Use this advantage to make it a prime pussy hunting ground.

1. Yes. I'm trying to look for new work. One of my main goals is to quit working there before the end of the year.

2. I could switch departments and work at the bar (our grocery store is so freaking huge, we have a bar) I do in fact need a new masculine job.

3. I live about 30 minutes away, and once I get a car, and a new job, it's game on.

Quote: (07-11-2014 08:33 AM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

Once again, McQueen does it. I had this job at 23 during my early days of grad school. I regularly fantasize about dropping everything to join my friends in Vegas who work in club security. They tell me that's the stupidest thing they ever heard, but I'm aware of one real success story.

My question, respectfully, to McQueen is how to go about doing this? Like most other good things in life, I was picked out for this job. They told me if I wanted to get anyone else a job there, don't have them fill out an application or resume: bring that person into the club so they can see them. It seems like the conundrum I heard once about getting a stellar job in Hong Kong: it's not about who you know--it's about who knows you. Ever see that movie about Club 54?

Are 22 year-olds with the type of social capital required to get a job like this looking for dating advice on internet message boards?

I sincerely hope no one answers 'just do it'.

'baller

Too much drama for a hit it and quit it brutha such as myself
Gotts Money - Law & Order SVU: Wildlife

duplicate

Quote: (07-12-2014 04:25 PM)lowbudgetballer Wrote:  

Once again, McQueen does it. I had this job at 23 during my early days of grad school. I regularly fantasize about dropping everything to join my friends in Vegas who work in club security. They tell me that's the stupidest thing they ever heard, but I'm aware of one real success story.

My question, respectfully, to McQueen is how to go about doing this? Like most other good things in life, I was picked out for this job. They told me if I wanted to get anyone else a job there, don't have them fill out an application or resume: bring that person into the club so they can see them. It seems like the conundrum I heard once about getting a stellar job in Hong Kong: it's not about who you know--it's about who knows you. Ever see that movie about Club 54?

Are 22 year-olds with the type of social capital required to get a job like this looking for dating advice on internet message boards?

'baller

An application is for the file.

You in person is what seals the deal.

While it's no lie there's many attractive people that work in nightlife, there's also all types. Your look isn't as important as your personality if you're a dude.

Go in, be energetic, have a GOOD attitude, say "I'm here to work hard and help the club do well" and you'll get a job. Bar backs bust their ass, but you're also working hand in hand with cocktail waitresses and in Vegas it's VERY common for the bar backs to be banging the cocktail waitresses.

While the bottle girls will also bang the VIP hosts, they're more inclined to bang bar backs because they know 99% of the hosts are manwhores.

Lastly, on average the barbacks in Vegas at top clubs make around $2000-3000 GRAND per WEEK. The money is ridiculous.

Obviously being a barback at a regular bar you'll make less, but it's still solid money for a 22yo.

Quote: (07-12-2014 06:09 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

'baller

While it's no lie there's many attractive people that work in nightlife, there's also all types. Your look isn't as important as your personality if you're a dude.

Go in, be energetic, have a GOOD attitude, say "I'm here to work hard and help the club do well" and you'll get a job. Bar backs bust their ass, but you're also working hand in hand with cocktail waitresses and in Vegas it's VERY common for the bar backs to be banging the cocktail waitresses.

While the bottle girls will also bang the VIP hosts, they're more inclined to bang bar backs because they know 99% of the hosts are manwhores.

Lastly, on average the barbacks in Vegas at top clubs make around $2000-3000 GRAND per WEEK. The money is ridiculous.

Obviously being a barback at a regular bar you'll make less, but it's still solid money for a 22yo.

How jacked do you have to be to be a bar back? From 1-10, 1 being a walking spaghetti to 10 being Arnold in his prime?

Life is good

Quote: (07-12-2014 06:32 PM)simondice Wrote:  

'baller

How jacked do you have to be to be a bar back? From 1-10, 1 being a walking spaghetti to 10 being Arnold in his prime?

It's not about being jacked, it's about being strong.

Can you carry big ass ice buckets and kegs? If so, you're good.

Twice in one day, McQueen does it. None of the security guys I know bank like this, but then again, they hang out in low budgetballing-type places.

Will they take an experienced old guy (pushing 40)? I'm strong enough. I'd walk from academia in a second to get paid $2-$3k/week to hang out in XS--even if I did have to work my ass off. The key is, how do I end up at XS/Drai's and not Palace Station?

You know people, McQueen. Hook me up with one of these positions, and then post a year-long story about how a 40 yo, zeta-nerd professor went alpha. It will really open up your demographics. [Image: wink.gif]

Thank you, McQueen, for pulling me back into my youth/fantasy life for a second there. It made my streaming UMF over youtube even better.

'baller

'baller

$2000-$3000 a WEEK?? That's more than I make in a month at my job!

It sure as hell beats standing behind a damn register all day listening to customers bitch about their problems and not being able to run game on cute chicks, lest someone catch and report me.

What all does a barback do? I don't really go to bars on the regular.

Quote: (07-12-2014 06:34 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

Quote: (07-12-2014 06:32 PM)simondice Wrote:  

'baller

It's not about being jacked, it's about being strong.

Can you carry big ass ice buckets and kegs? If so, you're good.

I'm 5'8 and I weigh 165 lbs. I think I would probably need to lift a little because I'm not the strongest guy in the world.

You're 22. Transfer to one of the branches of your high-end grocery store in Vegas. Go to the College of Southern Nevada for Hospitality. You may after a few years have a 1 in 50 chance for one of the jobs McQueen is referring to. Most likely, you'll end up in a place like the Wildfire Casino. Regardless, based on your original post, you'll be dating way out of your league for the rest of your life.

Or, take the wuss route and try to get a job at your local college bar. I was 23 and the made the money you make in a week in 2 8-10 hour nights. And, the money wasn't nearly the best part.

Seriously, I would walk to barback in a Tier 1 club in Vegas, even a hip hop club. I know a doorman who retired after 3 years working the door of a Tier one club. Now, based on his local knowledge and connections, he runs his own service business for shits and giggles.

'baller

Quote: (07-13-2014 03:36 PM)lowbudgetballer Wrote:  

you'll be dating way out of your league for the rest of your life.

Speaking of dating out of your league in Vegas, you all should have seen some of the trainwreck pick-ups at EDC. And, I'm not just talking about douchebags and dicks. I'm talking about 8s & 9s going with utter ugly, nerdy losers. I've never seen anything so lopsided in my life. If I wasn't preoccupied, would have liked to pull some of those ladies aside myself and intervened.

'baller