rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Business Cards - Seeking Suggestions

I searched the forums and most of the business card threads were about rating a specific card.

Just wondering if anyone has come across any cool business card designs.

There are posts like this one on the internet.
http://www.viralnova.com/cool-business-cards/

This card would be my creative business. Wood seems pretty cool, metal seems a bit too expensive. I have looked at plastics also.

I always thought McKinsey's cards were interesting because they were of a different shape than normal. But I still think I want to avoid normal card stock.

Right now I am leaning towards wood, unless someone has a great idea on how to make metal business cards. I am just not interested in paying 1.50 to 2 bucks per card. Wood can be around 50 to 70 cents it seems.

Any thoughts would be appreciated on any other materials they have seen or think would be cool.

Many thanks.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

paper but very high quality paper and more affordable than nonpaper cards
[Image: luxe.jpg?q=1-620917570000011342137232873489015][Image: luxeLH.jpg?q=1-00363700000111856139541220690722]

moo.com - they also have plenty of cool predesigns. check out the luxe paper.

I've found with business cards is you don't need much to stand out. 99% of business cards are boring so even if you're card is just 10% cooler than the 99%, it's still in the 1%.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

^^ But I don't have the hair like his, not sure if I deserve to have such an amazing card [Image: biggrin.gif]

EDIT: Here are some cool cards.
http://www.pinterest.com/letsfabit/cool-business-cards/

Even one which makes a plane!

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Obligatory:

Quote: (06-26-2014 09:30 PM)Ensam Wrote:  

Obligatory:

Dammit, beat me to it.

google letter press.

Here's who I used

http://store.themandatepress.com/custom-calling-cards/

WIA

Hotwheels' card

[Image: attachment.jpg11388]

In before the American Pyscho cards.

Never mind.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I'd like it have some effect on women, maybe if it turned into an emergency tampon. I'd have a pretty high penetration rate then [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (06-26-2014 08:49 PM)monster Wrote:  

paper but very high quality paper and more affordable than nonpaper cards
[Image: luxe.jpg?q=1-620917570000011342137232873489015][Image: luxeLH.jpg?q=1-00363700000111856139541220690722]

moo.com - they also have plenty of cool predesigns. check out the luxe paper.

I've found with business cards is you don't need much to stand out. 99% of business cards are boring so even if you're card is just 10% cooler than the 99%, it's still in the 1%.

I've ordered cards from them in this premium cardstock. They are super thick, like 6 cards is like 1/2". I got the ones where it looks like poker cards, it was pretty cool and got some reactions whenever I handed them out. They were just too bulky to carry around frequently.

After a while, I think wood or metal business cards will wear off unless you are in a somewhat shady industry where "shock and awe" is of value. I have gotten one metal business card before and it was from a Private Investigator in Manila. I kept it for a while but tossed it and never used it.

I just actually received new personal cards from Moo. Plain red back.
Front is name + Contact info in a clear simple font. I just wanted it to be easily scannable by camera phone apps, which a lot of people are using nowadays for autoimport.

remember most will end up in the bin.

The coolest card for me
[Image: biz_card_copperplate_gothic.jpg]

Plastic all the way. It was a tip given to me by a mentor. They may cost me 50p each, but retention rate is far higher.

When a customer pulls a paper card out of their pocket, it's already dog-eared and looks like it should be in the bin.

With plastic, it just looks too good to throw away. It's the same size and feel as a credit card.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

[Image: Haveguncard.png]

How about this idea?

Take your pick: http://graphicriver.net/category/print-t...ness-cards

Quote: (06-27-2014 01:57 PM)roberto Wrote:  

Plastic all the way.

Depends on the profession. For entertainment industry, sure. For a more serious profession like lawyer, doctor, architect, something you need people's trust and not their attraction, a THICK paper card is better.

Plastic all the way. It was a tip given to me by a mentor. They may cost me 50p each, but retention rate is far higher.

When a customer pulls a paper card out of their pocket, it's already dog-eared and looks like it should be in the bin.

With plastic, it just looks too good to throw away. It's the same size and feel as a credit card.

I am doing some creative stuff and I think a different material would be good. But there is something beautiful about think printed card stock. It could be just lingering feelings from my more professional days. A real useful card is like one of those bottle openers but that is around 4 bucks and I am not sure I want to be remembered for popping beers.

kevin mitnick had the coolest card ever

[Image: mitnick_business_card.jpg]

set of lock picking tools

There is a card that can be used for earbuds. I thought it as creative but I am not doing it.

[Image: 5719630783_fc9c6afa8c.jpg]

The scrap metal company I use has metal business cards. I thought that was cool until the lock pick one....

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Minuteman Press.

- High quality card stock from a real printer (stamped/pressed ink from a dye, not a laser printer like you would get online).
- You may think a wood or metal card (or other) is "cool" or "creative", but there are probably a handful of people you would be dealing with that will find it a pain in the ass to file away...so they won't!

I am with WIA. Letterpress all the way.

In that past it was insanely expensive. Not anymore.

But most people still think it is. And their reactions prove this.

I've tried both over the years, and I found that plastic was better for prospecting new clients, since they had to look at it a few times, and paper was better for if you were already in your office, and I just wanted them to have a reminder that they met me.

As always, your circumstances may vary.