rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dancefloor: Approaches from behind

I think I dance above the average person on a night out, at least enough to attracts lots of attention.

However most of the girls I get this from tend to slowly drift backwards into me while dancing. I was always warned against approaching from behind.

1.Tapping her shoulder seems too much like a little kid, as if im asking a grown up a question or something.

2. Grabbing her waist from behind just seems sleazy.

3. I rarely get eye contact from these people even though I could say other signals are definitely there.

Normally these floors are jam packed.

I would like to know the correct way engage them, any ideas?

It depends where you are, there are some instances where grabbing her waist will be fine, but when in doubt you can always pop right around and approach her head on. If she's conciously coming into you then you're fine to grab her by the waist but if she's just moving around and doesnt know you're there then I'd pop around and approach her from the front. Always be moving and don't stay in the same place for extended periods of time, this will help you approach more head on and probably improves the results.

If they are kind of like "dancing into you" and almost touching you, I would put one hand gently on her waist casually and keep on doing what you were doing, if she gets closer or acknowledges you without moving away then put both hands on her waist and she will most likely start grinding you.

This should help: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5002.html

Do you want to just dance with them? Whats your goal?
A girl will dance with you even though she is not into you and obviously she will leave you in the end.

Id rather try to find out if she is into me or not right away than just dance with her and watch her leave with her friends. Tap her shoulder or grab her hand when she raises it and spin her around to show her your face. If she doesnt fancy you, you just saved your time!

Constructive methods, I will try these tonight, thank you

Sebastian, my goal is to go for the bang, in fact I would say that the dancefloor has been involved in 90% of the girls I have taken home.

Capitán Peligroso, thank you for that link.

I'd recommend taking some social dance lessons and maybe doing some salsa or swing dancing social dancing for a few months (even if it's not your scene). You'll learn how to move women in a way that seems natural and won't make them feel like you're forcing them.

Even if you're not making eye contact you can still have a meaningful exchange through dancing. Move with her for a bit, then after you're in sync do something that's different enough that she'll notice. If she follows and does the same thing then you've got her attention. You don't even need to be touching to do this. Some of the hottest dances I've had have been with very little direct contact (though we were dancing very close at times). There's a way to be teasing and playful that chicks love. It builds fantastic sexual tension when done right. I've had dances were I wasn't pushing the interaction physically - just engaged and playing with her. Then when I went into to say something into the girls ear she turned her face and kissed me.

I'm assuming you're talking about a regular dance club with hip hop/R&B in America.

I've never seen partner dancing in America involving electronica. People seem to dance near each other, or by themselves with everyone else close by. (I got my theories on that...but this ain't the time and place)

I can't really speak on Salsa in DR, where that shit is everyday dancing not special occasion requiring training like it does here. And even in DR, those young people prefer other shit like Reggaeton or Bachata.

Coming from the back works great if you're a jock/frat/bro/dude and she's soror, not if you're a lone wolf/creeper. So if you're with your MMA buddies at the Cantina, it's cool. Chicks will fall into that social script.

If you're at the mega dance club on the solo, coming from the back, when she's with her girls will only be creep mode.

The way I usually do it is come from the side.
Match her two step, and then rock her same steps but better.
Little bit of competition, possibly a bit of negging.

Then you slowly turn towards her,
get her to follow your lead
extend a hand
Once she grabs it, the dance game begins.

The other thing to do is dance by your god damn self, dance with anyone near you, and let the bitches come to you.

That's assuming you really know how to dance.

West Indian Archie.

The best way to approach from behind, in my experience, is three shoulder taps.

Wait for her to turn around. Smirk/smile and put your hand out calmly. Practice will improve your delivery.

I tend to approach nowadays only girls I feel will be more receptive. Example they are the type of girl I feel will be attracted to me, is having a good time, isn't in a large group, looks around etc. When I first started going out I would do a couple dozen of these approaches a night, nowadays it's usually between 5-10.

My success rate for a dance is 50%. Some nights I get close to 100%, others its obviously lower.

When she grabs your hand, spin her and begin to dance. From there, dance floor game.

It's important to note I haven't said one word to the girl. Very often I have fun dances/kisses without any words exchanged.