rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best product for starting out

Hey guys i was just wondering what is the best product for starting out. I have done a bit of indirect opening to try and improve my aa problem which as helped a bit.

I was thinking maybe souls daygame book or daybang cant think of any other product for newbies. Ive just got daygame mastery think that is way to advanced for me

Quote: (06-03-2014 09:49 PM)smokingshadow Wrote:  

Hey guys i was just wondering what is the best product for starting out. I have done a bit of indirect opening to try and improve my aa problem which as helped a bit.

I was thinking maybe souls daygame book or daybang cant think of any other product for newbies. Ive just got daygame mastery think that is way to advanced for me

Daygame Mastery is definitely a top level book. I find it hard to get through because it's so text book.

The three obvious ones

1) Bang - for night game
2) Day Bang - for day game
3) Models by Mark Manson - for a different mindset and using direct game, in receptive environments.

^^Maybe 60 bucks in books?

The old school joints - With the exception of the game, these are all way too complicated for beginners, now that I look back on them.

- The Game by Strauss - the narrative version of how to run indirect game is actually better than the technical stuff put out
- Mystery Method - Mystery
- Magic Bullets - Love Drop
- Revelation - RSD
^^They all basically come from the same well of knowledge, Style, Mystery, Tyler - and then their acolytes added some stuff.

But they read very complicated.

Evolutionary Psychology
- Sex At Dawn
- The Red Queen

Tepidly recommend
- The Art of Seduction

If you really want some old school perspective
- Ovid on Love
- Don Juan Journals
^you'll find that the same basic frustrations we have Don Juan had in the 16th century, and the Ovid 2000 years ago

Then there are various other philosophers that have dealt with women/love, Arthur Schopenhauer comes to mind.

There are some Pimp books that really explore how malleable the human mind is, but that's probably overkill for a newb. Most vets don't really approach that kinda thing cause of the bad juju around it.

There were a ton of forums and blogs that just focus on what to say and do to meet a chick, too numerous to name.

And we won't be talking about Dark Triad stuff at all.

WIA

I was thinking maybe souls daygame book

Souls approach/transitioning is good the rest is like magic bullets. I think you could find it on youtube. Don't know if you need the book for this.
Concerning the structure of daygame Sinn is similar to Soul and Doc Holiday/Entrophy.
Soul is more gentleman style. Sinn has a more direct masculine style and Sasha Daygame is direct and high-energy.

Quote: (06-04-2014 12:49 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Evolutionary Psychology
- Sex At Dawn
- The Red Queen

I'd like to add
- Sperm Wars by Robin Baker
- The Mating Mind by Geoffrey Miller
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
- Evolutionary Psychology by David Buss
- The Origins of Virtue by Matt Ridley
- Genome by Matt Ridley
- Living with our Genes: Why They Matter More Than You Think by Dean Hammer and Peter Copeland
- The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution by Richard Dawkins
- Promiscuity: An Evolutionary History of Sperm Competition by Tim Birkhead
- The Dangerous Passion - Why Jealousy is as necessary as Love of Sex by David Buss
- The Blank State: The Modern Denial of Human Nature by Steven Pinker
- Vital Lies, Simple Truth - The Psychology of Self-Deception by David Goleman

I think books like The Prince, Art of War and Robert Greene's series are as important for a new wannabe player.

Isn't there a book on dog training that I've heard is helpful?

Since you're interested in Daygaming, the Daygame Blueprint DVD set from Daygame.com would be perfect for you as a newbie. It goes over the visuals and the correct body language. I know there's a big debate on the Direct vs Indirect approach, but I would suggest you to go Direct for your until you can accurately calibrate yourself to any situation. About you AA situation, a quick state exercise could help you with that. Andy Yosha has a great video on it from Youtube. Here it is.

I've only skimmed through them but I bought Roosh's bundle that included Bang, Day Bang and a few others for $25 maybe.
Looks like tons of good stuff in here.

I picked up McQueens Alpha Playboy 2 Day game and LTR game.

Both seem solid......McQueens is worth the read for those in or looking to get in a LTR.

Yeah ive got daygame blueprint thought it was for intermediate guys ill start watching it its a long course

Quote: (06-04-2014 03:21 AM)SwayMe Wrote:  

Quote: (06-04-2014 12:49 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Evolutionary Psychology
- Sex At Dawn
- The Red Queen

I'd like to add
- Sperm Wars by Robin Baker
- The Mating Mind by Geoffrey Miller
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
- Evolutionary Psychology by David Buss
- The Origins of Virtue by Matt Ridley
- Genome by Matt Ridley
- Living with our Genes: Why They Matter More Than You Think by Dean Hammer and Peter Copeland
- The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution by Richard Dawkins
- Promiscuity: An Evolutionary History of Sperm Competition by Tim Birkhead
- The Dangerous Passion - Why Jealousy is as necessary as Love of Sex by David Buss
- The Blank State: The Modern Denial of Human Nature by Steven Pinker
- Vital Lies, Simple Truth - The Psychology of Self-Deception by David Goleman

This is an excellent list. I particularly enjoyed The Red Queen and The Selfish Gene, which is where I'd recommend starting.

Learning and adapting the practical strategies underlying game should be a priority for someone new to the art, but truly understanding the finer details of sociobiology, evolutionary psychology, and genetics will give you an understanding of reality beyond what most people could ever imagine.

guys thanks for all the recommendations ive decided to start with date against the machine just to learn the basics. i like day bang but does not seem to work on the street tried it a couple of times i found its to easy for a girl to give a staright answer and walk away even when i have stooped them strongly and they have stopped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...OJ0&t=3068

First 50 minutes is just general talk about game and expectations.

And most importantly... Don’t wait until you know who you are to get started. Figure it out by doing. None of this nonsense about being ready. So don't ask "what if" questions. Try things first and post what went wrong (or well) later.

http://www.ryanholiday.net/what-matters-...xperience/

Good luck

Get Ross Jeffries' stuff.

Quote: (06-10-2014 08:40 AM)smokingshadow Wrote:  

guys thanks for all the recommendations ive decided to start with date against the machine just to learn the basics. i like day bang but does not seem to work on the street tried it a couple of times i found its to easy for a girl to give a staright answer and walk away even when i have stooped them strongly and they have stopped.

But remember that street opening is the toughest of all venues in opening indirectly. Not that it doesn't work but it may take more approaches on the average to get results. I think Roosh mentions that in there.

Just be real careful about reading into stuff too much. It can overload a lot of conflicting information into your head but everyone is different. A lot of your style is going to be just yours. My strategy is that I read something, use it, go back and re-read that same stuff; then maybe move on to another author/book when I have understood the material from the first one more practically as it relates to me.

1: Bang - Roosh
2: Alpha playboy - Christian Mcqueen

after those two go put your work in see where you lack and read new material on that

*both great reads

MASSIVE UPDATE.

Prepare yourself for a real treat. Here's a step by step guide from open to close from the most analytical / structure based / straight to the point type of a guy of their company....

I wish I watched stuff like that few years back.

BTW. I'm not affiliated in any way. Just a fan of good content.

Make Women Want You- Jason Capital

Models- Mark Manson. I have a few issues with it that I detail here but it's tremendous for inner game.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Bang and Day Bang are the best. Both are practical and well-rounded.

Roosh's Bang or the book of Pook.

and Roosh's and Roissy's older blog posts.

Quote: (06-15-2014 03:13 PM)XXL Wrote:  

MASSIVE UPDATE.

Prepare yourself for a real treat. Here's a step by step guide from open to close from the most analytical / structure based / straight to the point type of a guy of their company....

I'm going to watch this weekly. I find RSD Todd consummately relatable and his system seems logical and accessible; it doesn't rely on the charisma of Tyler/Owen or the extreme creativity and simultaneous narcissism of Julien. As someone who doesn't want to sell their soul to the devil to get good at pickup I really appreciate this!

Welcome! You are embarking on a beautiful journey... There is a very popular podcast, it used to be called the Pickup Podcast but now it's called The Art of Charm Podcast. It has +250 hours of audio content on pickup and lifestyle. It's been transformational for me...

Also you've probably heard of the book The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists. Below is the audio version of it...
The creepy voice of the narrator makes this audiobook even more hilarious... It's amazing how immature and dramatic everyone was, yet somehow managed to start a massive personal development movement that has benefited millions.

Quote: (06-19-2014 11:04 PM)jroseland Wrote:  

I find RSD Todd consummately relatable and his system seems logical and accessible; it doesn't rely on the charisma of Tyler/Owen or the extreme creativity and simultaneous narcissism of Julien. As someone who doesn't want to sell their soul to the devil to get good at pickup I really appreciate this!

Then you gotta watch everything on his rsdtodd & toddfreetour youtube channels. All of his videos contain analytical "how to" content with no distractions in between. You can use his info as the structural backbone of your game and add your personality on top of it to make it natural.

Quote: (06-19-2014 11:12 PM)jroseland Wrote:  

There is a very popular podcast, it used to be called the Pickup Podcast but now it's called The Art of Charm Podcast. It has +250 hours of audio content on pickup and lifestyle. It's been transformational for me...

There early stuff, when they were actually talking about pick up, when the old internet gods of pick up where their main guest - that stuff is merely decent. And remember, they weren't pick up gods themselves when they started.

But AJ, or dude whoever gets the most airtime, loves to talk over his guests and put words in their mouths.

Absolutely horrible.

WIA

Ross Jeffries is always good.

http://www.seduction.com

Very solid articles written on this website my friend randomly came across this and showed me. There is some great advice here if you like to read. http://www.girlschase.com/

Quote: (06-15-2014 03:13 PM)XXL Wrote:  

MASSIVE UPDATE.

Bump. Great video.