rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Salon: 33 Year Old Virgin Tries to Write Away the Pain

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/02/the_33_y...let_it_be/

This would've been me if I hadn't discovered game. Scary.

Quote: (06-02-2014 04:07 PM)Tommy Eyes Wrote:  

Yeah, me too. The average age Americans lose their virginity at is 17. I was well past that when I lost my v-card. Still, looking at the picture of him, he's a fucking slob. If he lost some weight and hit the gym, he'd for sure be able to get laid.

I can relate though. For some reason it just didn't happen for me, but a lot of that was because I just never approached girls and never tried for whatever reason. At some point I realized that I needed to take care of it or I'd probably forever be doomed. I've been in two serious relationships since losing my virginity and I do okay I think.

I think it was the delicious tacos guy who once said that being a virgin at 17 is like having a mole on your cheek. It can be kinda cute. At 33, however, it's like you have a goiter you're lugging around. You can't get laid because you don't have the confidence and self-assurance that comes from experience, but you can't get that confidence and self-assurance because you can't get laid. It's basically a Catch-22.

I was lucky that I basically found a female version of myself who was a virgin as well.

Christ. You don't advertise that to the World.

In addition to looking like shit, I'm guessing he has some repulsive personality traits.

That 'the right one will come along, keep the faith guys' shit is useless. You're 33 and 'the right one' hasn't come along yet has it, so why say that?

I feel for the guy obviously, I'm not heartless, I was a late starter too and I know how much it truly sucks to be a virgin when you know everyone else is leaving you behind, it's the pits. I never told anyone, too embarrassing to even consider for me.

I had to take some chances and step out of the comfort zone of romantic daydreaming and playing Playstation on my own every Friday night.

The guy seems like a nice enough guy.

http://vimeo.com/86960815

http://vimeo.com/87627195

Although he is a shit comedian - but then most comedians are.

I think the dude is similar to me in many ways. You see a shot of his house in the first link and it is clear that he is obsessed with his comics/computer games or whatever he is in to. I have my obsessions as well. A little more highbrow - but obsessions nonetheless.

But a difference between me and this dude is that I embraced how much women don't find me attractive and threw it back in there face.

I love trolling them with bad manners and hooker talk. Hey - it's a hobby...

Quote:Quote:

I made a choice 10 years ago that if I had already waited this long, then I wanted my first time to be with someone who cares for me. A woman who does it because she wants to — not because she was paid to do it.

[Image: facepalm.png]

Quote: (06-02-2014 04:56 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I made a choice 10 years ago that if I had already waited this long, then I wanted my first time to be with someone who cares for me. A woman who does it because she wants to — not because she was paid to do it.

[Image: facepalm.png]

This guy needs to realize that women are all opportunists to varying degrees. When a woman has sex with someone, she's always getting something out of it even if it isn't money up front.

Dude is going to be miserable for the rest of his life because he's buying into some kind of fairytale conditioning. If he was really concerned about just getting laid and not being a virgin anymore, he wouldn't bring this romanticized bullshit up.

When I lost my virginity at 24, the woman had no idea she was taking my virginity. Being a virgin is a state of mind, not a biological fact.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (06-02-2014 04:07 PM)Tommy Eyes Wrote:  

Probably true for me as well.

The thing that made me learn game was the first woman I dated. This was nearly 3 years ago now (I'm 18 now, I was 15 then). I played the ultimate "beta provider" game. Never say anything that offends her, never be anything but sweet and nice.

She dumped my pathetic ass, and I was fucked up. I didn't think that I would find anyone else like her. It took me a year to get over her. I think I even bought some product to "win her back." Eventually, I got smacked out of it by some Asian girl (who was really close to me) making out with me. She probably would've fucked me too.

Anyway, I returned the "get your ex back" and bought a game book. Best money I've ever spent. If you were to look at me two years ago and me now, those are two very different people. I can't even begin to start talking about how much game helped me.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Solid game and status can easily-override a lack of looks. Dude's better-looking than Elvis Costello, who is onto his third wife and just fathered twins at 53:

[Image: elvis_costello_cbbjpg.jpg]

You show me a bloke who says he can't get laid, and I'll just show you a narcissist who simply won't lower his standards enough.

I am skeptical about 'Game' (since it keeps getting redefined) in many ways. But I still feel it has value.

The biggest one is breaking men out of the 'beta provider' mindset and removing from their head the idea that there is any such thing as 'The One'.

That right there is 90% of the battle.

Do yourselves a favor and stay far away from the comments section. "Don't change yourself!" "There's someone for everyone!" "True love is out there, just be patient."

Terrible, terrible.

Here's a good one:

GeekMommaRants 8 hours ago

WOW! Reading the comments here one would think that having sex saves lives. It does not. If sex is all some want try CraigsList. The question I would ask were some of you raised by wolves? Most of you were raised by women, and now women are complete unknowns. How does this happen? Your mom has a box and sometimes she wants a peen inside it. Talk to your Mothers, ask her what's important enough to get her to go there. Geez, as a woman, I just cannot understand where you guys are coming from. You all know women unless you were born and raised in Afghanistan. WOW!

Yes, because my MOM will give me excellent dating advice. Just like Elliot Roger's mom did, I'm sure...

^Ludicrous comments as always.

Outside of hillbilly's most people's relationships with their Mothers, Grandmothers or other female relatives are different from the ones they have with the females they wish to fuck. But she'd realise that if she'd thought for a nanosecond before jumping in and pressing the 'post' button. Also "so Ma, what gets you wet" is not a conversation I'd be wanting to engage in with my Mum.

Quote: (06-02-2014 05:03 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

When I lost my virginity at 24, the woman had no idea she was taking my virginity. Being a virgin is a state of mind, not a biological fact.

Lost mine much younger (although everyone around me had already lost it) to a complete slut who would have ridiculed me had she known I was a virgin. Same experience.

Slapped a jimmy on and railed her out like a seasoned professional. It's not rocket science.

Reading the article, that guy has the same kind of Elliot Rodger narcissism: "its women fault im a virgin, its their problem, not mine"

It’s not your fault if you’re a virgin and you’re over the “appropriate” age society randomly deems to be normal. But it’s also not the fault of the women who made a different choice. They want to live their lives their way, and you have to respect their decisions. I have seen women I cared for go with slobs. I’ve known women who were lonely and knew full well I wanted to date them go to online dating sites. They’d rather risk it with a stranger than try me out. I’ve seen women I liked sleep with my friends behind my back.

Oh. You liked her? And she slept with someone else? Behind YOUR back? Oh the indignity! How dares she have sex when you LIKE her!

It’s not your fault if you’re a virgin and you’re over the “appropriate” age society randomly deems to be normal

Yes it is buddy. Its your own damn fault you havent learned the vital skill of getting laid.

So here's what this guy looks like, for anybody too lazy to click on the link.

[Image: ray_gootz-620x412.jpg]

Honestly? I don't think he looks that horrible. He certainly doesn't look good, or even average, but he's far from completely unfuckable. He's well within the range where he could make up for his problems with fame, or personality, or money, could get him into the arms of a 5.
Guy's a standup comedian, which gives him minor fame. It means he's at least a little funny, and has at least a little bit of a fearless personality ('cause you can't get up on stage and tell jokes without one.) He's running a bunch of web projects too, so he can't be too poor.

He's a virgin because he wants to be. He's gone for so long without sex that it's built up into some crazy thing in his mind, and he's turning down offers from otherwise perfectly fine women because they wouldn't live up to the fantasy he's built. I know guys who don't get laid at all. To a man, they all work in fields where there's simply no contact with women. They don't go to bars. There's no women at their jobs, beyond married girls or secretaries who weigh 400 pounds. The idea that someone whose work takes him out to places that are filled with women almost every night and puts him right in front of them still can't get laid is simply incomprehensible to me.
Either that, or he's got some severe erectile dysfunction and he's just leaving that out of his essay.

Yeah, if he'd hit the gym, get a decent haircut and murder those side burns, do something with the facial hair (clean shaven or grow it), get some decent clothes, hit the gym more and lose some more weight, and combine that with some humor game he'd be fine. I know that sounds like a lot, but really you're only talking about a few hundred bucks in clothes and barber costs, and 4 - 6 months in the gym (to get his body at a decent place, at least).

Didn't he say his last rejection was in 1999? So that means he's not even trying, which is the bigger issue of course.

Quote: (06-02-2014 05:43 PM)Faust Wrote:  

So here's what this guy looks like, for anybody too lazy to click on the link.

[Image: ray_gootz-620x412.jpg]

Honestly? I don't think he looks that horrible. He certainly doesn't look good, or even average, but he's far from completely unfuckable. He's well within the range where he could make up for his problems with fame, or personality, or money, could get him into the arms of a 5.
Guy's a standup comedian, which gives him minor fame. It means he's at least a little funny, and has at least a little bit of a fearless personality ('cause you can't get up on stage and tell jokes without one.) He's running a bunch of web projects too, so he can't be too poor.

He's a virgin because he wants to be. He's gone for so long without sex that it's built up into some crazy thing in his mind, and he's turning down offers from otherwise perfectly fine women because they wouldn't live up to the fantasy he's built. I know guys who don't get laid at all. To a man, they all work in fields where there's simply no contact with women. They don't go to bars. There's no women at their jobs, beyond married girls or secretaries who weigh 400 pounds. The idea that someone whose work takes him out to places that are filled with women almost every night and puts him right in front of them still can't get laid is simply incomprehensible to me.
Either that, or he's got some severe erectile dysfunction and he's just leaving that out of his essay.

Agreed. He's clearly not going to be turning women's heads, but I see plenty of guys who look just like this who have girlfriends or wives. While his looks aren't going to help him, he's not this guy either.

Better hair, better glasses and better clothes - and he could add a +2 to his look.

He is self-sabotaging. I do as well - since I find women annoying and want nothing to do with them.

But this guy seems to be looking for 'The One' - so I am not sure why he is not doing more to help himself.

The guy is not stupid. I am guessing he wants to live life on 'This time next year everything will be great' mode - as opposed to taking the simplest steps to actually help himself.

Also - probably a micropenis. As a guy with a small dick myself - that shit can mess with your head.

lololzlozlzolzozozzolzzozlooloolooollzozlolol

This reminds me of a "when you lost it" convo we had after work many, many years ago.

I have a tendency to think all were truthful, because we were all several drinks in. Of the six girls and nine dudes there -- every girl had lost their virginity by 16. 16! Some were 14, most were 15. All of the dudes, except the former division I college basketballl player, were older than 20. I was 25.

The girls were stunned. They truly have no idea how difficult it is for an average guy to get laid in his teens. They kept saying, "Well DI college basketball guy lost his at 16," why didn't you guys?

Yeah. He was a star jock and was at least 6-5. He was 6-7 then at age 24.

Women are terrible at understanding men.

Because women find status and personality attractive in men. They actually believe than men will find that sort of thing attractive in women.

When we couldn't really give a fuck either way. I'll take a poor, dumb hot chick over a smart, rich, 'funny' plain Jane any day of the week.

I gotta say, a comedian that cannot close a chick at a bar is not a comedian. If you have any natural charisma or wit at all, and you do standup, however minor, as soon as you step off the stage you're like James Bond to the girls in the room. Go stand at the bar and chat up some bitches. Clean your shit up and get presentable first, but still.

These slovenly 30+ year virgins fit the script to perfectly always.

They wait for their princess but end shacking up with weirdo fatties if they even do.

A gym pass and a trip to Vegas would cure this guy in about 10 months.

The funny thing is he will realize quick the hardest part is funding good girls to date. It gets to a point where the sex is almost the easy part and just finding a cool chic to keep around becomes the struggle.

Quote: (06-02-2014 06:00 PM)HeyPete Wrote:  

This reminds me of a "when you lost it" convo we had after work many, many years ago.

I have a tendency to think all were truthful, because we were all several drinks in. Of the six girls and nine dudes there -- every girl had lost their virginity by 16. 16! Some were 14, most were 15. All of the dudes, except the former division I college basketballl player, were older than 20. I was 25.

The girls were stunned. They truly have no idea how difficult it is for an average guy to get laid in his teens. They kept saying, "Well DI college basketball guy lost his at 16," why didn't you guys?

Yeah. He was a star jock and was at least 6-5. He was 6-7 then at age 24.

One basic reason for this is that girls date older guys. I lost my virginity when I was 18, but my g/f was 16.

I also wonder how many guys could do it sooner, but hold out for "the one." I read somewhere that despite women's love of romance literature men are the true romantics, since throughout history it's men who wrote the brilliant sonnets, love songs, poems, etc. I had a girls at 14, 16, and 17 who were willing but was totally weirded out by taking that big step with a girl I really didn't like all that much.

And since the above post mentions height, I'll throw in I was 5'2" when I graduated high school. The height stuff on the Internet gets wearying after a while and does not jibe at all with my personal experiences.